Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,685 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (65133 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by InesQor(m): 11:22am On Mar 06, 2013
Mr_Anony2:
While I agree with you in principle and I understand your analogy is meant to portray, I think your analogy doesn't explain the point perfectly. God being outside time, cannot have a linear view of time i.e there is no past and future with Him. God is ever-present. This may be difficult to wrap one's head around because man's experience of time is linear. The point however remains that the fact that God can predict a man's choices does not mean that therefore the man is not indeed making those choices. probably, I will expand on this further after Kay 17 gives a response.

I understand and appreciate the same. My usage of "past" and "future" is anthropocentric, and was for the sake of clarity.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 11:23am On Mar 06, 2013
Ihedinobi:

It's more a question of whether or not you were indeed following his arguments. If somehow his arguments haven't already answered your question and he thinks they have (as indeed he has said he does), you could show him how he might be mistaken and thus place him under obligation to answer your question. I personally hold that you atheists and agnostics are too proud to even consider that you are wrong or don't know everything you need to and ought to know. I hold that you are all expert at making excuses to escape bowing to arguments that discomfit your position. So, it's only on whims that I would bother to engage you. You should turn to Anony and tell him how his arguments failed to answer this 'new' question of yours.

I made my points and asked a simple question. . .he refused to answer it. . .he then used the analogy I presented to answer a very different question from what i initially asked all because he wanted to divert and change the line of argument. . .I insisted he answered my question and he said he wouldn't. . .I know his tactics. .Luckily others here saw what he was up to and voiced out. . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yawn. We know the usual. Avoid my argument, ridicule my intelligence and praise yourself.

FYI; you are still a fake copy of a dubious apologist.

Lol @ bold. Haven't I always told you that not everyone is like you? cheesy
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 06, 2013
Mr_Anony2:
Provide the contradicting posts please
You and I know both know I won't. smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 06, 2013
InesQor:
LOL

Agreed. We can only try.

I accept that

Yes I believe the viewer is outside of the Universe, and this is why he is not limited by it. Otherwise Omniscience makes no sense. Only an agent outside the Universe can be omniscient.

How are you so certain about the bolded statement above: "But God is in our Universe"?

Nah. It's all related.

Good. Assuming God exists and he created the world and he is omnipotent (therby omnipresent), God is everywhere- that means in and out of our universe.

Hey, we are moving away from the original argument of freewill and an omnipotent God
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony2: 11:26am On Mar 06, 2013
musKeeto:
You and I know both know I won't. smiley
Then your claim can be discarded as having no basis
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony2: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2013
InesQor:

I understand and appreciate the same. My usage of "past" and "future" is anthropocentric, and was for the sake of clarity.
I knew what you meant from the onset. It was just amusing to watch them grasp for straws.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 06, 2013
Mr_Anony2:
Then your claim can be discarded as having no basis
Same with your God claims.. wink
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 06, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol @ bold. Haven't I always told you that not everyone is like you? cheesy

smh.....
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by InesQor(m): 11:34am On Mar 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Good. Assuming God exists and he created the world and he is omnipotent (therby omnipresent), God is everywhere- that means in and out of our universe.

Hey, we are moving away from the original argument of freewill and an omnipotent God
Fa Fa Fa Fa Faol! LOL grin

Omnipotent does not mean "thereby omnipresent".

Yeah we digress. My apologies.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 06, 2013
mazaje:

I made my points and asked a simple question. . .he refused to answer it. . .he then used the analogy I presented to answer a very different question from what i initially asked all because he wanted to divert and change the line of argument. . .I insisted he answered my question and he said he wouldn't. . .I know his tactics. .Luckily others here saw what he was up to and voiced out. . .

Oh, why did I even bother? These 'others' you're appealing to are people I hold to be at least as dense as you. What's the point of pointing me to them? Have you shown how his whole argument failed to deal with your initial 'simple' question? That you asked two questions does not mean that in answering one, Anony failed to answer the other. You do understand that, right?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 06, 2013
InesQor:
Fa Fa Fa Fa Faol! LOL grin

Omnipotent does not mean "thereby omnipresent".

Yeah we digress. My apologies.

Omnipotent- ability to do everything

Omnipresent- ability to be everywhere

Make the logical connection. How would one be omnipotent without being omnipresent? Omnipotent means you have to be omnipresent as well
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony2: 11:43am On Mar 06, 2013
musKeeto:
Same with your God claims.. wink
Yawn...
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 06, 2013
I think a three year-old got on this thread. Abeg, which dictionary defines omnipresence as an ability?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by InesQor(m): 11:49am On Mar 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Omnipotent- ability to do everything

Omnipresent- ability to be everywhere

Make the logical connection. How would one be omnipotent without being omnipresent? Omnipotent means you have to be omnipresent as well
No sir. An agent can be omnipotent and CHOOSE (haha freewill again) to manifest where desired without being everywhere at once.

I personally believe God is omnipresent but your logical conclusion is not contingent.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 11:50am On Mar 06, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Oh, why did I even bother? These 'others' you're appealing to are people I hold to be at least as dense as you. What's the point of pointing me to them? Have you shown how his whole argument failed to deal with your initial 'simple' question? That you asked two questions does not mean that in answering one, Anony failed to answer the other. You do understand that, right?

Pls what are you on about here?. . .Where did I asked two questions?. . .i asked one question and anony created a question out of it and answered his own question, when I asked mine he said he wouldn't answer. . .Just to cut the chase here it goes let me ask you the question. . .I said I hold that the free will argument doesn't really makes sense because even the bible does say that some people are without freewill and I cited some passages that stated so. . .The dire consequence of the entire thing as presented by christian theology is what does not make any sense to me that was why i asked the question. . .

Here now is my question to you. . .Assuming you know before hand that your child whom you love so much will disobey you, take your car keys and end up having an accident that will leave him dead. . .Will you drop your keys where he will have access to it or keep it out of his reach? if you keep the keys where he will have access to it he will die off but if you keep it out of his reach he will remain alive. . .Pls let me have your answer. .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 06, 2013
InesQor:
No sir. An agent can be omnipotent and CHOOSE (haha freewill again) to manifest where desired without being everywhere at once.

I personally believe God is omnipresent but your logical conclusion is not contingent.

See the straw man?

Whether he chooses to use his omnipresence or not he still has the ability of being omnipresent as a result of being omnipotent.

Omnipresence is a subset of omnipotence. That is the point.

However, God has no freewill either. The moment he chooses not to be omnipresent, he loses the ability to be Omnisicent because he immediately lacks knowledge in something- the experience of witnessing something in a place firsthand.

Am I too good or what? cool
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony2: 12:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
InesQor:

You are making the mistake of expecting logicboy to actually employ his non-existent rational faculties? I wish you luck.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
Mr_Anony2:
You are making the mistake of expecting logicboy to actually employ his non-existent rational faculties? I wish you luck.

Yeah, me too.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by InesQor(m): 12:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
Mr_Anony2:
iLOL grin grin grin
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
InesQor:
iLOL grin grin grin

lol......I actually thought that you were better than them.

You know, I actaully thought we were having a proper discussion

Well f4ck me right? What do I know? I am just an illogical logicboy smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by InesQor(m): 12:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol......I actually thought that you were better than them.

You know, I actaully thought we were having a proper discussion

Well f4ck me right? What do I know? I am just an illogical logicboy smiley
Nah I think I'm the worst of the lot. wink

Yes, I also thought we were having a proper discussion but you were not seeing my point so I thought maybe I should drop it. Call it cowardice but nowadays I am always ready to agree to disagree if necessary.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
InesQor:
Nah I think I'm the worst of the lot. wink

Yes, I also thought we were having a proper discussion but you were not seeing my point so I thought maybe I should drop it. Call it cowardice but nowadays I am always ready to agree to disagree if necessary.

No probs. smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
mazaje:

Pls what are you on about here?. . .Where did I asked two questions?. . .i asked one question and anony created a question out of it and answered his own question, when I asked mine he said he wouldn't answer. . .Just to cut the chase here it goes let me ask you the question. . .I said I hold that the free will argument doesn't really makes sense because even the bible does say that some people are without freewill and I cited some passages that stated so. . .The dire consequence of the entire thing as presented by christian theology is what does not make any sense to me that was why i asked the question. . .

Here now is my question to you. . .Assuming you know before hand that your child whom you love so much will disobey you, take your car keys and end up having an accident that will leave him dead. . .Will you drop your keys where he will have access to it or keep it out of his reach? if you keep the keys where he will have access to it he will die off but if you keep it out of his reach he will remain alive. . .Pls let me have your answer. .

You're kidding me, right? undecided
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 12:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I am asking you a question. . .What is your answer?. . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2013
mazaje:

Dont worry Majaze, everyone is seeing that Ihedinobi is dodging! Imagine asking if you are kidding after repeating the question!

Anony dodged the question and changed the topic, did you expect his disciple to do any better?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
Mr_Anony2:
From where I stand, it is unnecessary that I answer the question posed by this analogy since we have already tackled the underlying argument behind it sufficiently.

Ihedinobi:

[img]http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Portals/0/images/gifs/table-tennis.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 12:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Dont worry Majaze, everyone is seeing that Ihedinobi is dodging! Imagine asking if you are kidding after repeating the question!

Anony dodged the question and changed the topic, did you expect his disciple to do any better?

I just TIRE!. . .LOL!
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by InesQor(m): 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
mazaje:

Ihedinobi:

It's more a question of whether or not you were indeed following his arguments. If somehow his arguments haven't already answered your question and he thinks they have (as indeed he has said he does), you could show him how he might be mistaken and thus place him under obligation to answer your question. I personally hold that you atheists and agnostics are too proud to even consider that you are wrong or don't know everything you need to and ought to know. I hold that you are all expert at making excuses to escape bowing to arguments that discomfit your position. So, it's only on whims that I would bother to engage you. You should turn to Anony and tell him how his arguments failed to answer this 'new' question of yours.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 12:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
^^

Well done. . grin
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by InesQor(m): 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
mazaje:

Question wasn't directed to me but permit me to answer how I understand it.

As a man? I will keep the key out of his reach. My reason is obvious: I do not want him to die.

I think there is at least one small hole here, you are comparing a man to God as father. There's at least one difference in the scenario and I intend to blow it up a little more for us to scrutinize.

I believe life here on earth is just a phase out of many. As powerful as God is, he has allowed us to make our own decisions out of our freewill and out of our love for him and nature.

As I like to say, if you choose to walk blindfolded across a busy expressway in the rush of afternoon, you will definitely get what will come to you. Not because the world is wicked or because the road is wicked or the drivers are out to get you. You just plain get it!

If you have made all your decisions (or indecisions) - even when you didn't know the full consequences - and you have CHOSEN to make some decisions to end your life, God may not be happy that you truncated things BUT it is no big deal. You have completed your work here on Earth and it's time to move on to the next phase. With God, things don't end when life ends. But as a man and if I were the father, things end when the son dies. So I want him to stay, and like a tyrant I TAKE AWAY his choice.

As I see it, it's all a matter of perspective.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (79) (Reply)

Staunch Catholic Couple's Pre-Wedding Pictures / The Dangers Of Being A Prostitute In This Day And Age (Photos) / David Ibiyeomie Uses Limousine For His Awareness Rally In Port-Harcourt (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.