Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,995 members, 7,838,510 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. (17611 Views)

Interpol Declares Maina Wanted / Ex-pension Reform Boss Maina Offers To Assist Buhari Stop Corruption In Sector / Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by CGKing(m): 12:04am On Feb 18, 2013
Gbawe:

Same here. Nigeria is now a total joke where nothing works and open criminality wins time and time again. The man in the middle of the biggest current scandal affecting the worldwide perception of our legislative and executive arm manages to escape to Singapore rather easily. Simply incredible. I just hope this turns out to be false news.

Abi. Won't be surprised to find that he was advised to abscond. Because the biggies know they've fed the populace the same strategies more than enough.
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by Orblonde: 12:11am On Feb 18, 2013
2015 is just around the corner. We nigerians are corrupt and it reflects on our leadership.
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by CGKing(m): 12:13am On Feb 18, 2013
88BILLION!!!

As I saw the ammount, the food wey I just chop just digest and now am off to the loo.

Have u guys ever wondered y these kind of fraudulent behavior is so persistent? I think it's been encouraged. See, if this goes unpunished like the rest, naija go scatter finish.
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by Sagamite(m): 12:19am On Feb 18, 2013
pictures: The bankers should be held liable. They are the ones aiding corruption in
this country.

Only if you have an existing law making ALL banks liable to reporting such and you enforce a severe punishment of non-compliance.

If those 2 are not being conducted, you hold the government/parliament responsible.
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by TableLeg(m): 12:25am On Feb 18, 2013
What a country!
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by Nobody: 12:56am On Feb 18, 2013
Sagamite:

Why are they harassing this poor man for fck sake? Why waste his time and public resources in harassing him?

No 1, I am sure a lot of the person Nigerians are praying for him because they love to pray for the people destroying their lives.

https://www.nairaland.com/1056780/nairaland-prayer-network-patience-jonathan

No 2, if he is caught and prosecuted, the worst that would happen is he would get a N1m fine placed on him by a Nigerian court and told to go home. Chicken change he made in half a day from interests he got from his loot.

Leave him alone. The person nation and the majority fucktards in it deserve such leaders.
Thank you sir
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 18, 2013
Sagamite:

So well said!

This cannot happen in Nigeria because we have fucktards ruling the country. The moorons of the country vote for them and then pray for them to stay and destroy their lives a bit more.

These ruling fucktards are incompetent and unqualified.

Imagine the wife of our President, who cannot speak English more than an average Nigerian mid-high school student, was appointed as the person in charge of education is her state. She was appointed to facilitate destroying the future of as many youths as possible. Hence we generate more incompetent quacks in all works of life.

Quacks she avoids to use and run to Germany when she is ill. Paid for by tax payers but yet refuse to acknowledge it to taxpayers that are left to use the death-trap incompetencies like hers provide in the country she ran away from.

Then you have the person citizens praying fervently for her well-being. One they cannot afford.

Then when she gets better, she decides to waste more of their funds to build a N4bn complex purely as a place for useless women like her to be ostentatious and debate without any tangible results.

But the person citizens keep on praying.
Thank you again sir
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by fitzmayowa: 4:17am On Feb 18, 2013
Bonaza: For every 27 billion you steal you get a fine of 750000, which means Maina would get a fine of approximately 2.5million on the 88billion he stole

Na wa o naija a country where anything and everything can happen...SMH
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by honprof1(m): 6:02am On Feb 18, 2013
take dat: GEJ, IGP and the head of service should be held responsible for not acting promptly. Maina has got some mafia-like backing mostly from the executive arm of government who assisted him in evading arrest and aided his escape!

Good bless u man! If all Nigerians exibit this ur sense of reasoning , we would av been somewhere better now... Just simple analysis and some are out there critisizing Senator for isueance of order to arrest him. GEJ , IGP and executives connected should be held responsible as it shows they have smnuggled him out of d country.

1 Like

Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by Gentlegun(m): 9:00am On Feb 18, 2013
honcdm: I blame the legislators for not acting promptly in arrestin this arrongant,boastful and insolent coward called maina..The same coward D̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅τ was declared "wanted" by the police and ☺•⌣•hë said ☺•⌣•Hë•⌣• was in his hous and this drama played for over two weeks and police could nt arrest him,the executive and legislatures was sittin down looking the other way while the fraudstar was busy cruisin the street of ABJ with convoy..now ☺H•⌣•hë's in singapore!!.when will all this lip service and insincerity of purpose end in this country?
the blame should be on the executive, because the law makers did their best but the presidency were too slow to act. The senate had to give the executive two days ultimatum
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by Sagamite(m): 9:47am On Feb 18, 2013
So our person President that SELFWORTH supports so much is a liar.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/i-was-dead-for-7-days-patience-jonathan/
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 18, 2013
ilugunboy: Any system of govt...any system of bureaucracy that can allow a civil servant access so much fund is a joke. The type of governance in Nigeria is simply retrogressive..there is no magic that can make it grow..it is doomed.

Ummm.... well, you know theres this fella named Muhammadu Buhari.
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 18, 2013
Evil Brain: If you people had voted for Buhari, Maina would be in a container en-route Nnamdi Azikiwe airport by now.

Lmao

I'm happy Nigerians are getting what they deserve.

How I wish the suffering from this Govt could be allocated to each Region according to the percentage points in vote that each section gave this dunce, corrupt, President.

1 Like

Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by begwong: 10:21am On Feb 18, 2013
This man needs to be extradited from Singapore ASAP!
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by Sagamite(m): 10:49am On Feb 18, 2013
kingoflag:
Lmao

I'm happy Nigerians are getting what they deserve.

How I wish the suffering from this Govt could be allocated to each Region according to the percentage points in vote that each section gave this dunce, corrupt, President.

Thank you!

I remember warning Nigerians not to vote for this person. By far the dumbest piece of shyt I have ever seen and no where comparable to the other 2 candidates of Ribadu and Buhari.
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by Sagamite(m): 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
This is how the fucktards they pray for are wasting thei national resources after lying to the same fucktards praying for them:

http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-first-lady-patience-jonathans-n500-million-resurrection-thanksgiving-service-abuja
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by obyrich(m): 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
vanstanzy:

WTF!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked 88billion This guy is a FV*CKING THIEF. Infact all terror groups in this world should go after

his life.
I commend him to Boko Haram, Al Quaeda, Kidnappers and Assassins. Give him a hot chase. Catch him and collect your share from him. Ateke, Tom polo and all resource control fighters in the creeks, where are you? Send your boys after him. Pursue him to the utmost part of the earth. Corner him and collect your own share. Stop harassing poor Nigerians, stop breaking pipelines to scoop oil at the risk of your life and damage to the ecosystem. Maina is the answer to your agitation. Form a strong syndicate and go after him.
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by ddeola: 5:11am On Feb 19, 2013
At least we know where the yet-to-be-discovered stolen monies by this crook have gone to. Interpol and the government of Singapore can help Nija get this man and other stolen funds
Re: Abdulrashid Maina Absconds To Singapore. by armadeo(m): 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
taharqa: Some of you amaze by the ASTONISHING FOOOLISHNESS that is so confidently shown in public at times; d SHALLOWNESS of THOUGHT that honestly elicits Pity.... I can assure you Guy, that GEJ isn't responsible for yr present Miserable state; that's mostly YOU. Bliv it, cos its yr greatest hope for sm respites any time soon.

my last statement on the post u replied was i doubt you would understand anyway!!!

my friend the issues of this country do not touch me one bit. when i look around and see what can be done in this great nation if the LEADER decides to put his foot down and take us where we should be then u'll understand. you have been so blinded that you do not realise that the govt you voted in is responsible to you. It is in thier place to provide for the nation, not by calling us all to share money as u no doubt think but creating an enabling enviroment for growth.

now my blames!!!
Food: to an extent this is in the hands of the farmers but if things were done right and with proper planning we should be exporting our crops, they should provide fertilizers, enable the large scale farmers to hire machinery , give training,provide loans for small scale farmers and not EMBEZZLE all the budgetary allocation to agriculture under the guise of buying mobile phones.

Security: do you really think that u are supposed to pay someone/group of private pips for your protection, we might as well disband the police( which is the reason this thread started anyway) an individual made off with police pensioners money and nobody could say anything so who do you blame.
am sure if your gate man watches someone drive your car out of your garage u'll give him a pat on the back.

electricity: is it really ur job to provide electricity for yourself? the long years of military rule and civilian kleptocracy has really stunted your understanding of how decent societies function. I smh @ u all.the earlier you realise what your govt owes you and not be a cowardly self serving dunce the better for you.

as i said i am not affected by the Bleep ups of my govt, however for those affected i feel what is called empathy which you obviously lack.

sagamite pls dont talk anymore cause i doubt if the destruction of psyche can be reconstructed in nigerians. I used to argue that we dont deserve the leaders we get but after viewing this thread its proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Fuel Scarcity Hits Port-harcourt / Henry Okah Still In Custody — Nigerian Prisons Service / Akeredolu Honours Abiola, Renames Akure Democracy Park To MKO Abiola Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.