Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,796 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? (18180 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Current Super Eagles Squad And Tribal Selection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by boron10(m): 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
Syenite: The following guys should be given a fair chance:

Sydney Sam,
Victor Anichebe,
Obafemi Martins,
Shola Ameobi,
Taiye Taiwo
Joel Obi,
Obinna Nsofor
Sonne Aluko

People that should not come near the national team for now:
Osaze Odemwingie,
Dele Ayenugba
Yakubu Aiyegbeni,
Sani Keita,
Danny Shittu,
Chinedu Ogbuike
Wetin Nsofor wan come do for super eagles? He never did well on the green jersey. Where is the dude sef?
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by floriana(m): 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
slex: plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz aluko should not be considered at all.
Aluko is currently the best yoruba player. He should be in the team so as not to violate the federal character provision of our constitution. Keshi could end up in jail for breach of the constitution.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
floriana:
Aluko is currently the best yoruba player. He should be in the team so as not to violate the federal character provision of our constitution. Keshi could end up in jail for breach of the constitution.

, since you have been using federal character, how many nations cup did you win with such "arrangement"?
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by TOBYBENSON: 5:54pm On Feb 18, 2013
So obafemi na ugly boi?
sol2galay:

Osaze has never been a chance converter instead he is a waster of begging scoring chances...,he is just being over rated because he is a fine boy.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by modextus(m): 5:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
what is it about this taye taiwo of a guy that you guys have been shouting..control im no get passes im no get..keshi should go look for crisantus..
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by floriana(m): 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
honeric01:

, since you have been using federal character, how many nations cup did you win with such "arrangement"?
The answer is NONE. But which is better: winning silverwares or respecting our constitution?
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by marshaldollz: 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
Seems u guyz have forgotten about David Alaba who plays for Bayern Munich,EVERY CHELSEA fan could still remember the threat he posed to the team at the finals,to me I think Sydney Sam or David Alaba,I saw what David Alaba posted on tweeter congratulating Nigeria,dis is to tell u,he wants some action in the national team.David Alaba or Sam Sydney
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 6:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
floriana:
The answer is NONE. But which is better: winning silverwares or respecting our constitution?

What useless constitution are you talking about? why can't you go and arrest him na.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by collinx(m): 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
Ighalo from Granada in spain. The guy is a machine.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
marshaldollz: Seems u guyz have forgotten about David Alaba who plays for Bayern Munich,EVERY CHELSEA fan could still remember the threat he posed to the team at the finals,to me I think Sydney Sam or David Alaba,I saw what David Alaba posted on tweeter congratulating Nigeria,dis is to tell u,he wants some action in the national team.David Alaba or Sam Sydney

And how does that indicates he wants to play for us? you think all these players haven't been spoken to before?
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
Kc3000: Nna mehn, una wan scatter nice squad wey Keshi assemble. Keep the core of the team intact, but there's still room for improvement. Osaze(clearly a head case) and Anichebe would add more bite to attack, and Joel Obi would be a good addition to midfield. Everybody else should forget about it for now.

U Could take a Second to glance at the Thread's Caption, its about New names that could make the team Stable and create a Healthy competition in the team.
Am sure i heard Keshi say that the team is still under Construction, which implies some Wax could be replaced for some Fabrics.

All countries of the World are Exploring tryna get their erstwhile Chaps to play for their fatherland, who the heck are we to Ignore the good Legs out there?

marshaldollz: Seems u guyz have forgotten about David Alaba who plays for Bayern Munich,EVERY CHELSEA fan could still remember the threat he posed to the team at the finals,to me I think Sydney Sam or David Alaba,I saw what David Alaba posted on tweeter congratulating Nigeria,dis is to tell u,he wants some action in the national team.David Alaba or Sam Sydney

Oh Please - Alaba Plays for the Austrian National team
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Zakkyoz: 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
gen2briz: I suggest me myself
DREAMER!
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
Ichiddy:
mteeeeeeeew
Yeah i agree with u about SIDNEY SAM i watch him every wkend and that is needed in starting 11, HARUNA too i was watching that guy in last world cup in SA he is a promiseing player. SHOLA AMAOBI i think they should give him chance to answer his fathers name too ,he can also bring some exp, into our attack.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by deb(m): 6:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
Olalekan 0: Obafemi Martins is one player who has played for the champions of Italy,Germany,Russia,Newcastle of England and has scored an avalance of goals for all these clubs and the Nigerian national team in addition to the fact that he's never had any run-ins with any of eagles' handlers. I wonder why he gets ignored by recent national team coaches,is it because he's a gentleman,respectful,belongs to no clique and has no clout?

You have the same thought as me o! I just wonder? Some people even prefer Osaze to him imagine.
We all know how Martins play and give his all and how he scores match winning goals. His tenacity
and commitment on the field of play is second to none even when other players do big boys on the pitch
Martins consistently want to push further and win games. If he was in that final against Burkinafaso we would
have converted some of those wasted chances.

I very much think that if we don't invite any other player back into the Eagles, Martins actually deserves a place there.
His combination with Emenike will kill any team any day.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
honeric01:

stop dreaming, sidney sam just like denis aogo cant and wont play for Nigeria, they've both turned down Nigeria before and they're in no way related to Nigeria except their names and one of their parents. They don't even speak english nor their nigerian language. Never been to Nigeria either.

Well, tel me that Prince Boateng have been to Kumasi before playing for Ghana Or that Alaba can Speak Polish/Austria before Playing for Austria Or Ozil had a German name before Playing for Germany.

Keshi has Spoken with Sydney am Sure, and made known to him the Plans he's got for Nigeria which he [Sam] is an Integral part of, the Kid has got till Season end to Say 'Yes' which i know he would.

Man, Nigeria are tryna even help Sydney, he knows too well that he's got no bizness with the Germans, unless Gotze, Reus, Schurrle, Podolski, Ozil, Muller and Many More are Killed Overnite!
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 7:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
El Guapo:

Well, tel me that Prince Boateng have been to Kumasi before playing for Ghana Or that Alaba can Speak Polish/Austria before Playing for Austria Or Ozil had a German name before Playing for Germany.

Keshi has Spoken with Sydney am Sure, and made known to him the Plans he's got for Nigeria which he [Sam] is an Integral part of, the Kid has got till Season end to Say 'Yes' which i know he would.

Man, Nigeria are tryna even help Sydney, he knows too well that he's got no bizness with the Germans, unless Gotze, Reus, Schurrle, Podolski, Ozil, Muller and Many More are Killed Overnite!

Now this is funny.
Boateng (Prince) have been to Kumasi countless times before playing for Ghana.
Alaba even plays for Austria, he speaks German. (no language like austria/polish.
Ozil speaks German, was born in Germany to Turkish parents.

Sydney didn't honor the invitation letter he was sent nor did he reply. He does not need to play for Germany before turning down Nigeria just like Agbolahor. not everyone wants to play for the national team. he's known as a German footballer.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
honeric01:

Now this is funny.
Alaba even plays for Austria, he speaks German. (no language like austria/polish.

Sydney didn't honor the invitation letter he was sent nor did he reply. He does not need to play for Germany before turning down Nigeria just like Agbolahor. not everyone wants to play for the national team. he's known as a German footballer.

Well, present an Evidence that Boateng has been Visiting Ghana countless times before Playing for them.
Does the name 'Mezut Ozil' in anyway sound German?
Alaba could be fluent in Speaking the German Language cos he's stayed in Germany for a Long while.

Am Suming all this Up to correct ur conception that One must be too attached to a Country before Playing for them with Regards to ur post that 'Sam is yet to Visit Nigeria and doesn't even Speak English'

The Chances that he would Dorn the Green & White Jersey is very wide - He's known as a German footballer that never played for Germany, aint that just Silly enough?
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by SuyaEater(m): 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
Osaze should replace brown ideye ....he is overrated

Osaze is a quality striker

Dont be blinded because we won the cup of nations .....you need ur best weapons to go to battle
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by AustineE1: 7:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
honeric01:

Now this is funny.

i wonder why you are sweating over this issue,Sydney Sam has declared interest to play for Nigeria even before the just concluded AFCON but it will take a little time to clear himself from FIFA and then get the needed approval,since he played for Germany in youth competitions..i can assure you that the paper work is already with FIFA,so pls dont 'work-up' yourself!you ve your google to help you.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
El Guapo:

Well, present an Evidence that Boateng has been Visiting Ghana countless times before Playing for them.
Does the name 'Mezut Ozil' in anyway sound German?
Alaba could be fluent in Speaking the German Language cos he's stayed in Germany for a Long while.

Am Suming all this Up to correct ur conception that One must be too attached to a Country before Playing for them with Regards to ur post that 'Sam is yet to Visit Nigeria and doesn't even Speak English'

The Chances that he would Dorn the Green & White Jersey is very wide - He's known as a German footballer that never played for Germany, aint that just Silly enough?

At least do some research before jumping the gun.

Ozil was born in German but to TURKISH parents (i wrote this before but you didn't comprehend.) he speaks German and that's his first language.
Alaba is not even german, rather he plays for Austria. (do your own research)

Sam has been playing for Germany since 2010 (U21).

He doesn't have any direct affiliation to Nigeria except that one of his parents is a Nigeria and he turned down an invitation by the NFF sometimes last year.

I can't shout. google is your friend.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by CLT123(m): 7:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sidney Sam has said he wants to play for Nigeria
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 7:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
Austine.E:

i wonder why you are sweating over this issue,Sydney Sam has declared interest to play for Nigeria even before the just concluded AFCON but it will take a little time to clear himself from FIFA and then get the needed approval,since he played for Germany in youth competitions..i can assure you that the paper work is already with FIFA,so pls dont 'work-up' yourself!you ve your google to help you.

I don't want to flog this issue again. refer to my last comment. all the same, nothing is impossible.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by kannymoore(m): 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
12large1: Haruna lukman. Sunday MBA can pop up and score goals but he has so far put up a ghost performance he should be a back up for haruna

Sidney sam. Hands down will walk into our starting 11

Joel obi. Onazi is a good player but Joel is a better version of onazi

Sone aluko. Another good player will add depth to bench

Leon balogun. A great rightback still confused about Ambrose if he can perform like he did at nc then no but if not Leon balogun. Over our best 11 should be

Enyeama

Ambrose
Egueke
Oboabona
Echijile

Mikel
Joel
Haruna

Sidney sam
Emmanuel emenike
Victor Moses

This team is as good as eagles of 1994 take it to the bank even our second 11 is strong

Ejide

Balogun
Omeruo
Yobo
Taiwo

Onazi
Ogude
MBA/Nosa

Aluko
Ideye
Musa

ngwannu...12large-de-12large!! Haa fa? Longtime no see! Yu rememba doz days wey u dey yab Mikel Obi...dey yarn okpaks as per say him no sabi ball..say na only back pass wey him sabi and dat rabiu ibrahim go bench am anytime anyday..cheesycheesycheesy...!!!

Shebi all my arguements regarding mikel don come to pass!!cheesy

Anyway sha...Thank God say u don finally repent from excessive misyarnings!

Hehehehehehehehehecheesycheesycheesy!!
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by CLT123(m): 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 7:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
CLT123: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2012/11/08/3511201/keshi-bayer-leverkusens-sidney-sam-ready-to-play-for-nigeria

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20640643

Ok.. good, meaning he's still opened to playing for us. (if the coach wants him).

He's young and that is an asset to Nigeria.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by dyamondbouy: 7:55pm On Feb 18, 2013
12large1: Haruna lukman. Sunday MBA can pop up and score goals but he has so far put up a ghost performance he should be a back up for haruna

Sidney sam. Hands down will walk into our starting 11

Joel obi. Onazi is a good player but Joel is a better version of onazi

Sone aluko. Another good player will add depth to bench

Leon balogun. A great rightback still confused about Ambrose if he can perform like he did at nc then no but if not Leon balogun. Over our best 11 should be

Enyeama

Ambrose
Egueke
Oboabona
Echijile

Mikel
Joel
Haruna

Sidney sam
Emmanuel emenike
Victor Moses

This team is as good as eagles of 1994 take it to the bank even our second 11 is strong

Ejide

Balogun
Omeruo
Yobo
Taiwo

Onazi
Ogude
MBA/Nosa

Aluko
Ideye
Musa

i agree with u but fr egueke and haruna...mba and omeruo still deserve their spots and u frgot to include martins
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
honeric01:

At least do some research before jumping the gun.

Ozil was born in German but to TURKISH parents (i wrote this before but you didn't comprehend.) he speaks German and that's his first language.
Alaba is not even german, rather he plays for Austria. (do your own research)

Sam has been playing for Germany since 2010 (U21).

He doesn't have any direct affiliation to Nigeria except that one of his parents is a Nigeria and he turned down an invitation by the NFF sometimes last year.

I can't shout. google is your friend.

Before Jumping the gun? U've got to Convince me that u're making Sense with all the Myopic facts u're Coming up with, a call for Citation isin't a bad Idea mate!

Cite where it was Noted that Boateng has been Visiting Ghana on Countless Occassions before playing for the Black stars and Sam ruling Out playing for Nigeria, i would allow u do a little of Plagiarism Jxt to help
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by 12large1: 8:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
Kennymore I still stand by my comment that obi plays very limited at Chelsea no matter what we still need him to score a goal, it was our coaches that kept on playing him as a main playmaker that makes us not see his value. Obi is a central midfilder 2 way not a limited holding md
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 8:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
El Guapo:

Before Jumping the gun? U've got to Convince me that u're making Sense with all the Myopic facts u're Coming up with, a call for Citation isin't a bad Idea mate!

Cite where it was Noted that Boateng has been Visiting Ghana on Countless Occassions before playing for the Black stars and Sam ruling Out playing for Nigeria, i would allow u do a little of Plagiarism Jxt to help

Sorry, you said Ozil learnt German and that Alaba plays for German, should i bring that up too? i simply did my own research to know Ozil was born in Germany and that Alaba plays for Austria. you can also do the research yourself to know if Boateng's been to Ghana before and also if Sam once ignored the NFF. that's left to you.

You also didn't cite anything or did you? so stop wasting your time waiting for citation when internet is there for you.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Donmichaelz(m): 8:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
Messi and C.Ronaldo and iniesta

smiley
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by sol2galay: 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
naijaspeak:

You are wrong. Osaze is one of Nigerian greatest footballer of our time. Forget about the fact that he is outspoken. He is the kind that always want to speak is heart out whenever there is injustice in the national team. This is one of the character of a modern footballer. even in foreign club such as manchester united, chelsea, stoke, newcastle united etc players speak out their feeling when they see wrong going on. So Osaze behaviour should not be seen as strange. forget about the fact that he fell out with Shaibu Amodu, Samson Siasia, and more lately Stephen Keshi.

To me, Keshi as not been truely tested, and I know in the coming competition we will know how truly competent he is. Remember he was a failure in Mali and Togo as a national coach.

I rest my case, bye

I'm always suprise the way you ppl rate osaze,this guy is just lucky to find his way in super eagle..,he might be a club material but for the super eagle i disagree,it ve been about 10yrs he stared for the eagles and he cant count more than 15 goals as a striker.from the day he scored 2 goals against south africa in afcon 2002 i told guys that he is just lucky to score those goals ppl said i just hate him. the main reason why we did not qualify for 2012 afcon was bcause of him,cos siasia want to please nigerians by featuring him in that match and he succeeded in wasting all the begging chances.To be sincere with u,only me and siasia knows he is not good as rated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sarri Gives Loftus-cheek A Lifeline Ahead Of Bournemouth Clash / NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh As Super Eagles Coach (First Photo) / Dani Ceballos Rejoins Arsenal On Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.