Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer (27625 Views)

Bishop Slumps, Dies On Way To Israel / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite / Pastor Dies On Top Of Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
When Solomon Komolafe, a pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Winners Assembly, Ibadan, Oyo State, set out for church on February 4, 2013, he was hale and hearty.

But the church was thrown into chaos when Komolafe slumped after leading the congregation in a prayer session and died right on the altar.

Komolafe

Komolafe died nine months after one of his daughters lost her life to an auto crash in May 2012.

One of the children of the deceased, Funsho, told PUNCH Metro that Komolafe’s death was shocking and unbelievable.

He said with his father’s death, it had become double calamity for the family.

Funsho, who responded to our correspondent’s questions via electronic mail, said the 69-year-old pastor did not have any terminal ailment.

He stressed that he and other members of the family had yet to come to terms with the sad incident.

He said, “My father, Pastor Komolafe, popularly known as Jack Solo, slumped right on the altar.

“The incident was immediately after he led the congregation in a prayer session. He slumped and died on the spot.”

Funsho said the night preceding his father’s demise, he (Komolafe) had spoken at length with his daughter, Seyi, in the United States.

He added, “Komolafe did not have last moments since he died unexpectedly. But the night before his death, he had a long telephone conversation with Seyi, his son-in-law and grand children in the US.

“He also spoke with Biodun, his son in Lagos and they discussed at length about the Super Eagles”

Funsho said his father was a product of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, with a degree in English and Philosophy as well as Post-Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Office Management.

Funsho eulogised his father’s virtues, saying he was a disciplinarian, industrious, compassionate, philanthropic, pious, accommodating and exemplary leader.

He said Komolafe, an indigene of Ikere Ekiti, Ekiti State, was survived by his wife, Adewunmi and three children: Oluwafunsho, Abiodun and Oluwaseyi.

He said Komolafe will be buried in Ibadan on March 8

Source. Punch Newspapers : http://www.punchng.com/metro/pastor-dies-on-the-altar-after-leading-prayer/

1 Like

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Demainman1: 1:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
hmmmm. na wa for this life o. Death go take person at any place, anytime, anyhow. Whether your are 'born again' or a 'circumsized again', it doesn't matter. Na WA!

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
Good afternoon,

This is indeed is sad! This brings to the fore, the need to make the most of life and not postpone what we can do today for a later date. The need to say the "I am sorry" we are too proud to say...the need to say the "I love you" that we have been wanting to say to our parents, siblings, friends, wife, children etc but haven't summoned the courage to say...the need to pick up our phones and call that friend that we have always wanted to call but never created the time to talk to.

This sad event is really a wake-up call and a pointer to the fact that procrastination is indeed the thief of time.

Thank you!

12 Likes

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by olaezebala: 2:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Sweetapple007(f): 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2013
That family need genium repentance ad liberation.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2013
sometimes, religious people tend to ignore their health and still mount the alter. realistically, this is so not fair. but since i'm neither a judge nor jury and details aint out yet, we just cant judge

1 Like

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by FlyboyZee: 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
Pastor,

You answered the divine call right in the pressence of God and after communing with the Almighty as the congregation looked on to bear you witness.

Adieu! RIP to the Dead. And May God give those you left behind the fortitude to bear the loss. Amen!

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sweetapple007: That family need genium repentance ad liberation.
Spiritual matters... Smh...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
Am pretty sure they rushed him to the hospital afterwards. undecided
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by instaforexngr(m): 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
am so sorry for the loss and RIP to the family.
But i may also feel that the present RCCG national February fasting may have also had a hand in his death.

Not every human being's body can withstand the hunger and stress of not eating.

RIP once to the bereaved!
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
iv4fb: sometimes, religious people tend to ignore their health and still mount the alter. realistically, this is so not fair. but since i'm neither a judge nor jury and details aint out yet, we just cant judge
Regular medical checkup is more effective than prayer and fasting.... Ask the Pope...

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Ichiddy: 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
haba...........why? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Temismith(f): 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
Eh ya! RIP
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
NICE AFRO
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Ichiddy: 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
sadeiyare: When Solomon Komolafe, a pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Winners Assembly, Ibadan, Oyo State, set out for church on February 4, 2013, he was hale and hearty.

But the church was thrown into chaos when Komolafe slumped after leading the congregation in a prayer session and died right on the altar.

Komolafe

Komolafe died nine months after one of his daughters lost her life to an auto crash in May 2012.

One of the children of the deceased, Funsho, told PUNCH Metro that Komolafe’s death was shocking and unbelievable.

He said with his father’s death, it had become double calamity for the family.

Funsho, who responded to our correspondent’s questions via electronic mail, said the 69-year-old pastor did not have any terminal ailment.

He stressed that he and other members of the family had yet to come to terms with the sad incident.

He said, “My father, Pastor Komolafe, popularly known as Jack Solo, slumped right on the altar.

“The incident was immediately after he led the congregation in a prayer session. He slumped and died on the spot.”

Funsho said the night preceding his father’s demise, he (Komolafe) had spoken at length with his daughter, Seyi, in the United States.

He added, “Komolafe did not have last moments since he died unexpectedly. But the night before his death, he had a long telephone conversation with Seyi, his son-in-law and grand children in the US.

“He also spoke with Biodun, his son in Lagos and they discussed at length about the Super Eagles”

Funsho said his father was a product of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, with a degree in English and Philosophy as well as Post-Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Office Management.

Funsho eulogised his father’s virtues, saying he was a disciplinarian, industrious, compassionate, philanthropic, pious, accommodating and exemplary leader.

He said Komolafe, an indigene of Ikere Ekiti, Ekiti State, was survived by his wife, Adewunmi and three children: Oluwafunsho, Abiodun and Oluwaseyi.

He said Komolafe will be buried in Ibadan on March 8

Source. Punch Newspapers : http://www.punchng.com/metro/pastor-dies-on-the-altar-after-leading-prayer/
R.i.P
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
sauer: Am pretty sure they rushed him to the hospital afterwards. undecided
Lol, na dead body dem dey carry go hospital.. Imagine.. Na so my friend mama die o.. She complained she was weak, they went past four hospitals on their way to the church... Na so the Lord use receive her soul o...
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Orikinla(m): 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
Too much work and stress can kill.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by juman(m): 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
Human being has appointed time on earth.

Regular medical check up is important or at least regular blood pressure check up.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by BukkyDan(f): 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
May his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by digitalnaira: 2:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
At 69 with the present social condition of naija I did say he has out-lived his life expectancy by over 20yrs
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by valicious1(m): 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
RIP pastor. I pray your name be found in the book of life.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by coldgate(f): 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nice way to go. Right in the presence of God. He is seated at the right hand of God.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Chanchit: 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
I hope he's in heaven, cos its nt easy to die doing God's work.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by MMM2(m): 2:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
Rip pastor

See u in heaven
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
musKeeto:
Regular medical checkup is more effective than prayer and fasting.... Ask the Pope...

inasmuch as i agree that medical checkup is heavily important, i wouldnt toe the line of saying its more effective than...everyone is entitled to his/her own believe ad you have no powers whatsoever to enforce your believe on someone else.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
RIP Pastor!
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by saved: 2:54pm On Feb 18, 2013
May God give his bereaved family the grace and enablement to forge ahead in life. Mr. Komolafe's last assignment is a great challenge to the living. He died doing God's work. As humans, his death is painful but, what a pleasant last moment with your creator. RIP.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Mayowura: 2:55pm On Feb 18, 2013
God help me, that anytime i leave to join you in heaven my record on earth would be a blessing to everyone

1 Like

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by tpapi: 2:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
sauer: Am pretty sure they rushed him to the hospital afterwards. undecided
is dat y u became an atheist

1 Like

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Chanchit: 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
Mayowura: God help me, that anytime i leave to join you in heaven my record on earth would be a blessing to everyone

Ur record is making heaven already. Sebi u knw the best betting site in the world.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by kolaoloye(m): 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
May his gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by yuzedo: 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
Anyone can die at anytime, be it pastor, plumber or painter... Best it happened just after prayer innit? **shrugs**
Moving on... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Shiloh 2019 Thread: Everything You Need To Know / Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) / Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.