Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer (27636 Views)

Bishop Slumps, Dies On Way To Israel / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite / Pastor Dies On Top Of Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
RIP
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by tomzman: 6:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
Too bad. RIP
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Flygerian1(m): 6:25pm On Feb 18, 2013
Oboy, na wao! No b small tin o! Man need prepare himsef anytym O!
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by skyone(m): 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
iv4fb: sometimes, religious people tend to ignore their health and still mount the alter. realistically, this is so not fair. but since i'm neither a judge nor jury and details aint out yet, we just cant judge

*solid*:
[size=20pt] When we advice people to go for medical check, they will say "It is not my portion". The decesed doesnt have any last moment cos he never new he was sick or short of blood, or so stressed and strain his body to keep himself up. [/size]

Have you read about the story of Muamba Fabrice? I guess no. He is an ex-footballer, probably 30 times healthier and fitter than you but he slumped and died for 1 hour. To God be the glory he was revived back to life. Having taking a look of your post above i can conclusively belief that you have little or no knowledge about the THIN LINE between LIFE and DEATH. You can do a regular intensive health check every 2 weeks or even every week and still slump and die easily i.e (Footballers are required to do weekly fitness before any match) so think again .

The medical service is very good but it is only GOD that guides and saves humanity from sudden death. My advice to you is not to take Him for granted start today and take Him as your personal savior and provider. Stay blessed.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by tefund(m): 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
sadeiyare: When Solomon Komolafe, a pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Winners Assembly, Ibadan, Oyo State, set out for church on February 4, 2013, he was hale and hearty.

But the church was thrown into chaos when Komolafe slumped after leading the congregation in a prayer session and died right on the altar.

Komolafe

Komolafe died nine months after one of his daughters lost her life to an auto crash in May 2012.

One of the children of the deceased, Funsho, told PUNCH Metro that Komolafe’s death was shocking and unbelievable.

He said with his father’s death, it had become double calamity for the family.

Funsho, who responded to our correspondent’s questions via electronic mail, said the 69-year-old pastor did not have any terminal ailment.

He stressed that he and other members of the family had yet to come to terms with the sad incident.

He said, “My father, Pastor Komolafe, popularly known as Jack Solo, slumped right on the altar.

“The incident was immediately after he led the congregation in a prayer session. He slumped and died on the spot.”

Funsho said the night preceding his father’s demise, he (Komolafe) had spoken at length with his daughter, Seyi, in the United States.

He added, “Komolafe did not have last moments since he died unexpectedly. But the night before his death, he had a long telephone conversation with Seyi, his son-in-law and grand children in the US.

“He also spoke with Biodun, his son in Lagos and they discussed at length about the Super Eagles”

Funsho said his father was a product of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, with a degree in English and Philosophy as well as Post-Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Office Management.

Funsho eulogised his father’s virtues, saying he was a disciplinarian, industrious, compassionate, philanthropic, pious, accommodating and exemplary leader.

He said Komolafe, an indigene of Ikere Ekiti, Ekiti State, was survived by his wife, Adewunmi and three children: Oluwafunsho, Abiodun and Oluwaseyi.

He said Komolafe will be buried in Ibadan on March 8

Source. Punch Newspapers : http://www.punchng.com/metro/pastor-dies-on-the-altar-after-leading-prayer/

Hope he makes it to heaven
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by moodswing(m): 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
God of Adeboye couldn't save him. Maybe almighty God couldn't bear anymore. Very soon. The biggest religious mafia - CAN will fall. And God will be glorified.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by uhuns: 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
this clearly remind us that all men are on the same journey to the grave.thus in the spirit of the season may we ask ourselves.
where do I go from the grave
in the spirit of the lenten season my god in his infinite mercy show him papertual light. RIP
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sweetapple007: That family need genium repentance ad liberation.
You also need educational brush up
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by anwani: 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
May his soul rest with the Lord. My regard for the onces that he left behind .May almight God give them the strenght to bear their loss
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
RIP!
iv4fb:

inasmuch as i agree that medical checkup is heavily important, i wouldnt toe the line of saying its more effect than...everyone is entitled to his/her own believe ad you have no powers whatsoever to enforce your believe on someone else.
He is not imposing anything on anybody, but he said to just ask the pope about what that means.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Originalsly: 9:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
I am surprised that the son is saying nothing was wrong with him. They didnt say what caused the death but most times under such circumstances it is heart attack. I guess he had heart problems or high blood pressure but didn't know. At 69...is risky when these guys get all hyped up to the max when praying and speaking in tongues...guess the heart couldn't keep up. Death is a must but sudden death is always difficult to deal with. I hope the family can manage this sudden loss. Sad.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by dorox(m): 10:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
The pastor got too greedy and stopped paying his partnership fees to Daddy G.O Adeboye, that was why he lost his firewall of protection from the God of Papa. If you don't believe me let the record speak for itself.
For ten years according to papa, God was forced to honor the promise of daddy to protect all of his partners and ensure that death did not come to anyone of his partners. For this pastor to lose his child and his life less than a year after the start of a new partnership tells me that he has been cheating papa God.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by OLUWASEUNOJS(m): 12:00am On Feb 19, 2013
instaforex ngr: am so sorry for the loss and RIP to the family.
But i may also feel that the present RCCG national February fasting may have also had a hand in his death.

Not every human being's body can withstand the hunger and stress of not eating.

RIP once to the bereaved!

is it his 1st time of fasting?. Not hw long bt hw well,anymember who c himself healthly unfit is permitd 2 break b4 evenin.!. We should nt atribut this to his death but searchout his life & family stands b4 God. I believ d geniue cause wl b reveald soon!
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Wapgod(m): 3:15am On Feb 19, 2013
Check out the Newest and raining nigerian social network
http://amebo.nstars.org
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Shugarlipz(f): 3:46am On Feb 19, 2013
What a pity! Dix man wuz in ma dadz burial last yr (may).nd his dota died few dayz afta..nd now..he has gone 2 rest wif d lord jux lyk ma Dad.R.i.p
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Shugarlipz(f): 3:51am On Feb 19, 2013
dorox: The pastor got too greedy and stopped paying his partnership fees to Daddy G.O Adeboye, that was why he lost his firewall of protection from the God of Papa. If you don't believe me let the record speak for itself.
For ten years according to papa, God was forced to honor the promise of daddy to protect all of his partners and ensure that death did not come to anyone of his partners. For this pastor to lose his child and his life less than a year after the start of a new partnership tells me that he has been cheating papa God.

na wa 4 dix ya theory n conclusion..do u kno im b4?
R.i.p Daddy Komolafe
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Uwakuwak(f): 9:42am On Feb 19, 2013
God make us ready at all time amen. Pastor RIP
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by digospel2: 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2013
It's a honourable death than those who died on top of a strange woman or in beer parloors
See you on the resurrection morning my pastor.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by creativemusic: 6:15pm On Feb 19, 2013
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Debby(f): 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
RIP........ We love u but God love u more
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Google63(m): 1:16am On Jul 17, 2013
Shugarlipz: What a pity! Dix man wuz in ma dadz burial last yr (may).nd his dota died few dayz afta..nd now..he has gone 2 rest wif d lord jux lyk ma Dad.R.i.p
hello sugarlipz... I'll like to know u more. My email address is adetoy01@yahoo.com. I look fwd to hearing from u soon
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by seunlayi(m): 4:41am On Jul 17, 2013
Google63:
hello sugarlipz... I'll like to know u more. My email address is adetoy01@yahoo.com. I look fwd to hearing from u soon
....dating things?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by krushdripper(m): 8:25am On Jul 12, 2017
Demainman1:
hmmmm. na wa for this life o. Death go take person at any place, anytime, anyhow. Whether your are 'born again' or a 'circumsized again', it doesn't matter. Na WA!

Na so e dey sup o!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is it Right To Buy Candles, Bintu, St Michaels Perfume For Prayer As Christian? / Pastor Penuel Mnguni Orders Members To Eat Cockroach During Church Service (Pics / Winners Chapel Shiloh 2019 Thread: Everything You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.