Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer (27635 Views)

Bishop Slumps, Dies On Way To Israel / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite / Pastor Dies On Top Of Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by ignis: 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
RIP pastor,
We will see in heaven
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by NEROSKY(m): 3:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
That's Short cut 2 heaven
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
The same thing almost happened to my pastor here in the US. He was preaching on a hot day, and didnt feel like he needed water. He just fell over and stopped breathing, good thing for quick Paramedic response or he would have died of heat stroke that day. After that, he was never the same again almost like he lost the fire he had for preaching. If you are religious dont ignore your health because you feel like "God is watching you" if you are sick take medication or go and see the doctor. If not, you go and meet God sooner then expected chalay....

1 Like

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Rayprofessor: 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
R.i.p
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
musKeeto:
Regular medical checkup is more effective than prayer and fasting.... Ask the Pope...
So true. Dem go juba pope o, dem go juba pastor. . .meanwhile, pope dey there dey receive outstanding medical care. Adeboye go fit get a retinue of doctors wey go dey attend to am so.

The wise ones resign when god's work gets too tough.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
tpapi: is dat y u became an atheist
No that's not why I became an Atheist. That's why I'm one.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Asis(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
This is sad,RIP
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by ylaa(f): 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
MAY GOD RECIEVE HIS SOUL.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Bertbert: 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
DEATH NA DEATH anyway, but it's better to die in the alter of God than on top of woman lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
R.I.P Pastor
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by emmabest2000(m): 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
R . I . P. Pastor
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Richy4(m): 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sweetapple007: That family need genium repentance ad liberation.

I do not really get what u were trying to insinuate. Death is a meal every one must take. liberated, repentance or what ever you call it. I guess my country men/women are just the only people that do not really want to hear about death. other western world including South Africa and Botswana start at the early age of 18 years to pay for funeral Insurance.Knowing that every one must pass that way one day.I can just imagine an insurer approaching a Nigerian for funeral policy insurance. There will be a shout of Holy ghost......
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by wisdomolusola: 3:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
RIP PASTOR..................HOWEVER TO THOSE WHO THINK FASTING KILLS, YOU ARE WRONG. HE IS 69YRS, DADDY G.O WIL BE 71 COME NEXT MONTH. YOU CANT EXCEL AS A XTIAN, LET ALONE PASTOR, IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO FAST AND FASTING HELPS TO DEAL AND SUBDUE THE FLESH.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by clemmonce(m): 3:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
i think where he died is the best place to die.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by YorubaOmoge: 3:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
Eyah. sad

RIP
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
He must be with God in heaven.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by holuwarlay08(m): 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
so sad.............may his soul rest in perfect peace.amen
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by TableLeg(m): 3:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by razznaija(f): 3:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
This one na real wa o. RIP sha
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by jidewin(m): 3:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
He passed on right on "service in The Lords vineyard".What about you and I,and other religious leaders? where will death meet us?Very important.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by romanlaw(m): 4:08pm On Feb 18, 2013
judging from the part of the country that the above happened, common sense simply relates it to JUJU!! It is grossly rampant in that part of the country..........dont ask me which part oo b4 they go ban meoooooo!!! but u can call it YORU ------if u add am BA na u sabi.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
Bleep life it aint worth living
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by donphilopus: 4:35pm On Feb 18, 2013
ylaa: MAY GOD RECIEVE HIS SOUL.
amen
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by COOLDUN: 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2013
Let his soul rest in a perfect peace, Amen. God is a giver and taker of life, we have not right to question him, my condolences to his mourning family and his entire community.God almighty will give you guys the fortitude to bear the pains of the loss, IJN. Amen.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by COOLDUN: 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
romanlaw: judging from the part of the country that the above happened, common sense simply relates it to JUJU!! It is grossly rampant in that part of the country..........dont ask me which part oo b4 they go ban meoooooo!!! but u can call it YORU ------if u add am BA na u sabi.

My brother, this is a life lost to untimely death we are talking about here, blood is thicker than water, let us all feel for the death and the bereaved family. Tribal war of words should be kept aside now please. It is applicable to all the African tribes not only the tribe you have in ur mind.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Demainman1: 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
If the same had happened in say a catholic church now, come see how nigerians go dey say, ocultic this, ocultic that. Anyway RIP
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by Kayman3(m): 4:55pm On Feb 18, 2013
It make to remember d chorus of the hymn Title "IT PAYS TO SERVE JESUS I SPEAK FROM MY HEART"
CHORUS
I love Him far better than in days of yore
I'll serve Him more truly than ever before,
I'll do as He bids me, whatever the cost,
I'll be a true soldier, I'll die at my post.

May we not found wanting in Gods Kingdom.
May the Lord keep in peace the rest of the deceased family
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by solid3(m): 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
[size=20pt] When we advice people to go for medical check, they will say "It is not my portion". The decesed doesnt have any last moment cos he never new he was sick or short of blood, or so stressed and strain his body to keep himself up. [/size]
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by solid3(m): 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sniffa: Bleep life it aint worth living

[size=14pt] What are u waiting 4 go and commite sewside.
[/size]
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by YorubaOmoge: 5:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
*solid*:
[size=20pt] When we advice people to go for medical check, they will say "It is not my portion". The decesed doesnt have any last moment cos he never new he was sick or short of blood, or so stressed and strain his body to keep himself up. [/size]

Na Nigerian mentality. Na to dey drink agbo for everything.
Re: Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer by chisomkalu: 5:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
Let us be prepare at any time because death can cme at any time.it is a debt wil must pay.heaven is stil real.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Penuel Mnguni Orders Members To Eat Cockroach During Church Service (Pics / Winners Chapel Shiloh 2019 Thread: Everything You Need To Know / Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.