Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? (15614 Views)

Can FWD Drift / What Is The Advantage Of A FWD over a RWD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by Ikenna351(m): 5:15pm On Feb 19, 2013
FWD: Front Wheel Drive car.

RWD: Rear Wheel Drive car.

Ikenna.
Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
[/b]Subscribed...*In mechanic computerized female voice*>Learning Mode Activated.[b]
Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by chucky234(m): 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
Jarus: Which is better.
which is better na
Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by vislabraye(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
4WD is the best. But I prefer RWD to FWD although I use the latter.
Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by specialguest(f): 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2013
Scarpon: me wey never drive b4 how I wan take know. baba god even say n.a. RMD u GIVE ME THIS year all n.a. motor

Nice one smiley

1 Like

Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by CHIMCO(m): 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2013
Is merc v boot FWD or RWD? I dont understand this oversteering and understeering. Pls could someone explian. Thanks
Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by ikpom55: 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2013
It depends on where you live in. If you live where it snows, RWD is definitely not a good idea. You can easily loose control should your car skid while driving on the road. So for an area where it snows, FWD is better. Even if you are driving a 4WD in a snow prone area, it is always better to drive with the FW, unless you are stuck in snow, you can then engaged all the wheels to dig yourself out of the snow.But if you live in a tropical area that has no snow, then RWD is OK.
Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
In snow FWD is better,but in 9ja I guess RWD,although I roll with 4wd in 9ja.
Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by onyeego(m): 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2013
CHIMCO: Is merc v boot FWD or RWD? I dont understand this oversteering and understeering. Pls could someone explian. Thanks
V boot is RWD
Oversteering is when d car turns more than how the driver intended it to turn and under steering is when d car turns less.

Credits to Ikenna
Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
specialguest: I dont even know what RWD and FWD means... Can someone tell me which tastes better, stew made using a grinding stone or the one made using a blender? Lolzz i guess this is easier to determine compared to the rwd fwd quiz. grin

LMFAO...grinding stone of course.
RWD or FWD hmm, i don't think it really matters unless you're on a race track. You probably won't notice the difference on high end vehicles.

1 Like

Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
Just to clarify a few things. Having rwd in snow/ice is not an automatic death sentence.

I used MR2, 528i, Evo6,Odyssey,c230k, Frontier, Expedition, 325is in Texas snow and ice and I had zero issues.

It's my opinion that how you drive and your tires plays an important part.
Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by noobsaibot2(m): 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
[size=48pt]ALL I KNOW IS THAT, YOU CAN STILL DO COOL STUNTS WITH FRONT WHEEL DRIVES. (IF YOU ARE A GOOD DRIVER)..[/size]

1 Like

Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by Ikenna351(m): 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
noob-saibot:
[size=48pt]ALL I KNOW IS THAT, YOU CAN STILL DO COOL STUNTS WITH FRONT WHEEL DRIVES. (IF YOU ARE A GOOD DRIVER)..[/size]

What about donut or drifting? Can a FWD car drift as good as RWD cars? Can FWD car even drift at all? Not all stunts can be done with FWD, you know, especially one of the best stunts: drifting/donut.

Ikenna.
Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by yungboss(m): 7:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
Ikenna351:

What about donut or drifting? Can a FWD car drift as good as RWD cars? Can FWD car even drift at all? Not all stunts can be done with FWD, you know, especially one of the best stunts: drifting/donut.

Ikenna.
unless the common handbrake turn
Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by defbond1: 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
yungboss:

1. I prefer the RWD, all my cars have been RWD
2. RWD gives more driving pleasure
3. No contesting the fact, RWD gives you the ultimate pleasure when stunting....
4. FWD is more prone to understeer, RWD is prone to oversteer...oversteer is better as it can be easily modulated by steering input
5. Oversteer is more predictable. It can be modulated by a good driver. When oversteering, the input to the steering by the driver can be adjusted to keep the car on the tangent...
Interesting. Could you please explain what 'modulated' means and what 'keep the car on the tangent' means please?
Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by Ikenna351(m): 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
yungboss:
unless the common handbrake turn

There is no fun in that type. I was referring to the type you play with the pedals only. Youngboss, have you ever in a RWD car, when its stationary, turn the car front to face back the road it was backing before, without the 2 front tyres moving an inch? The very first day i did it, it was unintentional. I was in an open field, the engine was running, i wanted to move and turn the car quickly (to catch some fun). As i was gradually turning the steering wheel, i released the clutch and floored the throttle pedal. The car tail just pushed outward from the right until i saw myself facing the other side (opposite direction), without the front tyres moving . I didnt touch the brake pedal, nothing. The experience was so exciting that i did it over and over again. Since then, i never looked back. Since then, i started trying out other stunts. That was when i realized the goodies RWD offers, other than just driving, which i never explored before then.

Ikenna.

3 Likes

Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2013
specialguest: I dont even know what RWD and FWD means... Can someone tell me which tastes better, stew made using a grinding stone or the one made using a blender? Lolzz i guess this is easier to determine compared to the rwd fwd quiz. grin

FWD stands for 'Front Wheel Drive; while RWD is 'Rear Wheel Drive'.
Re: FWD Vs RWD: Which is Better? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2013
I prefer the RWD though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence / Mercedes-benz Atego 1725 Firefighting Truck Unveiled In Nigeria (photos) / A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.