Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:24 AM

How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? (828 Views)

I'm Not Attracted To My Girlfriend Anymore, / Who Says Women Are Not Attracted By What They See? / I Am Not Attracted To My Bf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? by Joliecoco: 11:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
How do you reject a guy nicely who likes you ,but you see him only as a friend ? I don't want to hurt his feelings.He asked me out many times ,and i declined his request ,but he does not seem to get the memo. He is nice,intelligent and is very successful in his professional life,but I am not attracted to him. He will be great guy for another woman not me. My friends think i should give this guy at least one chance by going out for dinner with him ,but i refuse to do so.
Re: How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? by Damselnoni(f): 11:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
we hav same tin in common,bt wat i do is,i AVOID THEM
Re: How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? by zoete(f): 12:34am On Feb 19, 2013
You should tell him straight that you are not intrested so he won't lose his time. But I think your friends are right go out with him you may like him you never know. Most great relationship starts like that. Because sometimes most of the guys that we are attracted to turn out to be the worst thing that can happen to a lady. My mom always told me let the guy love you and he will always respect and treat you like a queen

1 Like

Re: How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? by KateSpade(f): 1:50am On Feb 19, 2013
zoete: You should tell him straight that you are not intrested so he won't lose his time. But I think your friends are right go out with him you may like him you never know. Most great relationship starts like that. Because sometimes most of the guys that we are attracted to turn out to be the worst thing that can happen to a lady. My mom always told me let the guy love you and he will always respect and treat you like a queen

i agree. unless you seriously abhor the guy you should go out with them, maybe you will see him in a different light, however once you have made up your mind you TELL HIM. be blunt but not rude.
Re: How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? by k2039: 1:59am On Feb 19, 2013
zoete: You should tell him straight that you are not intrested so he won't lose his time. But I think your friends are right go out with him you may like him you never know. Most great relationship starts like that. Because sometimes most of the guys that we are attracted to turn out to be the worst thing that can happen to a lady. My mom always told me let the guy love you and he will always respect and treat you like a queen
Perfect.

If you still not attracted after the first date, then let him know that you are just not attracted to him. Afterall he is also not attracted to every single girl he sees, so he should be able to move on.

But I will advise you go on a date with him and you never can tell what will happen, this reminds me of Joel Osteen's sister, she just didn't feel attraction for hubby until her first date, she had preconceived mindset about the guy earlier, he didn't meet her definition of ideality, her definition of ideality was slightly flawed, but after the first date she saw behind her noses and now they have been married since and happily married(atleast that's the impression we are given that they are happy).
Though it may not be applicable to you on the long run, but nothing bad in you going on just a date with him, during the date drop your preconceived mindsets in the trash bin.
Re: How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? by greatgod2012(f): 3:40am On Feb 19, 2013
Just tell him, no offence in that, if hes even a matured guy, he will be grateful to you for not deceiving him and wasting his time as well as collecting his money, when you already know that you dont love him.
Re: How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? by Flygerian1(m): 5:33am On Feb 19, 2013
And its also possible that such person can also turn out to be som1 u would regret knowing after having a date and decided to be with him, tho, the chances are little (Speaking from experience).

Well, u can give him a try.
Re: How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 19, 2013
Tell him bluntly and explain to him he is not what u want as a man dats all.
Re: How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? by UjSizzle(f): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2013
Since you've told him a zillion times already that you aren't interested, this date may mean something else to him if you consent to go. What's important now is that you tell him plainly that you agreeing to go on a date with him should not be misinterpreted to mean you're developing an interest in him, ths way no one accuses you of leading him on.

Keep an open mind about him on the date tho, you just might see something you like. If you still aint feeling an attraction to anything about him, avoid a second date. Tell him plainly to his face that you two can never be an item and if he just plain refuses to get the message, avoid him altogether.... Hehe men can't stand that, I've noticed.
Re: How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? by DigitalSignal(m): 9:14am On Feb 19, 2013
uj_sizzle: Since you've told him a zillion times already that you aren't interested, this date may mean something else to him if you consent to go. What's important now is that you tell him plainly that you agreeing to go on a date with him should not be misinterpreted to mean you're developing an interest in him, ths way no one accuses you of leading him on.

Keep an open mind about him on the date tho, you just might see something you like. If you still aint feeling an attraction to anything about him, avoid a second date. Tell him plainly to his face that you two can never be an item and if he just plain refuses to get the message, avoid him altogether.... Hehe men can't stand that, I've noticed.
100 + likes!
OP, this is the advice you need! The only thing, in my opinion, that will make you not to heed this advice is perhaps, he doesn't have the height you want, as you ladies are so obsessed with it!
Re: How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? by infodollarman(m): 10:51am On Feb 19, 2013
Joliecoco: How do you reject a guy nicely who likes you ,but you see him only as a friend ? I don't want to hurt his feelings.He asked me out many times ,and i declined his request ,but he does not seem to get the memo. He is nice,intelligent and is very successful in his professional life,but I am not attracted to him. He will be great guy for another woman not me. My friends think i should give this guy at least one chance by going out for dinner with him ,but i refuse to do so.
tell him your mind. but, i hope you will not regret it later sha
Re: How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
OP.u for tell us say d guy wor wor! I for one feel sorry for ugly guys who rily lov me bt am nt attracted to dem. Dats d irony of life,we love dos who hurt us n hurt dos who love us! Anyways,u should giv d guy a chance,even Obasanjo was given a chance!! wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: How do You Reject that you are not attracted to ? by sirhot(m): 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
This is the reason I' m not always attracted to one girl, I have lots of them so when one says no, I have lots of others to follow up. Girl, what are your reasons for not liking this guy. In this day and age there are other things you should look at for oo. I don tell you, you will not see a complete man with all your qualities.

(1) (Reply)

How To Ask Your Girlfriend Out For The Weekend. / Will You Say Love Is Blind.....? / Which One Do You Think Is Preferable. A Drunkard Or Womanizer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.