Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,038 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. (1589 Views)

Fayose: Atiku, Northern Leaders Have Withdrawn Supports For Buhari / Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 5:55am On Feb 19, 2013
THE Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, was
yesterday, reported to be in support for the presidential ambition of
former military leader, General Ibrahim Babangida, in 2011,Â
saying he would support him as far as it was the desire and
aspiration of the people of the country.

Ojukwu, who declared that Babangida deserves a second chance
to rule the nation, said he was convinced that he possessed the
required qualities that could take the country to further heights as,
according to him, IBB remains a strong voice in Nigerian politics.

The ex-Biafran leader, who received a delegation of Campaign
Network for IBB led by Chief Peter Dada Osadebay in his residence
in Enugu, said the former military president remains his bosom
friend.

Among the dignitaries that visited Ojukwu were Chief Emeka Ani
[South East coordinator of the campaign}, Chief Anike Agbo, Alhaji
Nurudeen Gasali Babatunde, Chief Anike Nwoga, Chief Anike
Nwaba, among others.

Osabebay, told reporters after a closed door meeting with the
former Biafran warlord that Ojukwu’s comments on Babangida
were very encouraging, stressing that the Ikemba had promised to
work with the former military leader.

He said that Ojukwu, who had cut short his visit to his village in
Nnewi to receive the group, was full of excitement and
commended the spirit behind the campaigns.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/2011-ojukwu-canvasses-support-for-ibb/
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Tolexander: 6:05am On Feb 19, 2013
was Ojukwu really in good state of health in 2011?
Moreover, anybody can choose to support anybody.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 19, 2013
Tolexander: was Ojukwu really in good state of health in 2011?
Moreover, anybody can choose to support anybody.

Lameest. Tell us why Igbos pitched their tents with IBB against 'their brother'
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 19, 2013
Like Judas they sold their brother(GEJ) to the Romans(North) only to be rescued by southwest(Tunde Bakare, Wole Soyinka). The backstabbing money worshiping group is singing another music again. Hypocrites.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by seunfly: 7:04am On Feb 19, 2013
*556#:
Like Judas they sold their brother(GEJ) to the Romans(North) only to be rescued by southwest(Tunde Bakare, Wole Soyinka). The backstabbing money worshiping group is singing another music again. Hypocrites.
All i can say is that i am suprised by the noice some peaple are making now, saying Swest and North are ganging up against Seast and Ssouth. Where were this peaple when Swest was fighting for Jonathan from yaradua cabals? when Obj was saying i dey laugh were they sleeping at that time?
JEG should just becarefull because it seems this peaple are only there to reap and they will dessert him again if there nothing to reap from him any more.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 19, 2013
seunfly:
All i can say is that i am suprised by the noice some peaple are making now, saying Swest and North are ganging up against Seast and Ssouth. Where were this peaple when Swest was fighting for Jonathan from yaradua cabals? when Obj was saying i dey laugh were they sleeping at that time?
JEG should just becarefull because it seems this peaple are only there to reap and they will dessert him again if there nothing to reap from him any more.

On point!

They are trying hard now when in actual sense, they worked against GEJ before OBJ, a Yoruba man led the battle of the last, secured most of the delegate votes for GEJ and made him president only for them to jumped in and start exhibiting what they are known for.

As you can see, none of the hypocrites has anything to say on this thread. The backstabbing minions teamed up with IBB their master, against their defunct eastern brother in full glare of the world canvassing for Igbo votes.

They share semblance with the woman of easy virtue aka ashewo. Money for hand, back for ground.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Tolexander: 8:24am On Feb 19, 2013
*556#:

where in nigerian constitution is it written to support your region contestants?
Besides, Ojukwu is from the south east(igbo) while Jonathan is from the south south(ijaw). So what is your point?
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
Tolexander: where in nigerian constitution is it written to support your region contestants?
Besides, Ojukwu is from the south east(igbo) while Jonathan is from the south south(ijaw). So what is your point?

My point is that you guys are backstabbing greedy bastards.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
So much of brotherly love. OJUKWU betraying Jonathan and calling all ibos to vote for IBB. Typical backstabbing ibo man that can do anything for money.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Eziachi: 12:19am On Mar 09, 2013
*556#:

Since when did Ojukwu and GEJ become brothers? I thought you said Jonathan is not Igbo or he is Igbo when you wanted him to be and he is not when it suits you that he isn't? You told us that SS and SE is separate whenever its convenient.
Which one you dey? Make up your bloody mind, you bigots.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by dayokanu(m): 12:24am On Mar 09, 2013
Ojuku was simply rooting for their slave masters like it has always been in every civilian regime

Balewa -Azikwei

Shagari -Ekwueme

Tofa -Sylvester Ugo

Atiku- Ben Obi etc
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Tolexander: 1:47am On Mar 09, 2013
*556#:

My point is that you guys are backstabbing greedy bastards.
something is missing here. Sense!
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 5:58am On Mar 09, 2013
Eziachi:
Since when did Ojukwu and GEJ become brothers? I thought you said Jonathan is not Igbo or he is Igbo when you wanted him to be and he is not when it suits you that he isn't? You told us that SS and SE is separate whenever its convenient.
Which one you dey? Make up your bloody mind, you bigots.

They are not brothers? How about you explain to us the new found love of SE & SS coalitions? was that after the ibos were also bought by Jonathan? You see what am saying? You lots run around calling others names while in actual sense you are the backstabbing greedy ones.

Funny how Ojukwu openly told ibos worldwide to vote for Hausa/Fulani that participate in killing millions of ibos against his so-called brother.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 09, 2013
Tolexander: something is missing here. Sense!

It won't make any sense to you since I finally exposed your nature. OJUKWU sold Jonathan to his masters the Hausas only declaring support for IBB against his so-called Ijaw brother. OJUKWU is a traitor and I hope the south south people are seeing what you are capable of doing.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by dayokanu(m): 6:05am On Mar 09, 2013
Tolexander is not Ibo. He is Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by dc555: 6:18am On Mar 09, 2013
Politics is the conduct of public affairs for private gain...Ambrose Bierce
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 09, 2013
dayokanu: Tolexander is not Ibo. He is Yoruba

Hmm. well, am still waiting for the greedy bastards to come and defend this one. Shey be them sabi talk?
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 09, 2013
This is another thread opened by someone in dare need of attention- a "notice me person".

The report in question was written in 2010. So of what relevance is that report today?

Out of curiosity, I followed the link to read the report but what I found was dem say, dem say. Ojukwu NEVER made any public statement on the issue. For instance the report stated:

"Osabebay, told reporters after a closed door meeting with the former Biafran warlord that Ojukwu’s comments on Babangida were very encouraging, stressing...."

The last paragraph of the report stated:

"He said that Ojukwu, who had cut short his visit to his village in Nnewi to receive the group, was full of excitement and commended the spirit behind the campaigns"

My conclusion is that the report is dem say, dem say. Some supporters of IBB had a closed door meeting with the late Dim, after which one of them briefed the press, saying whatever will please his master. Ojukwu NEVER made any public comment on the issue.

The latest ploy by some persons who are bored in real life is to come to NL and open a thread with Ojukwu's name in it, knowing fully well that such topics will attract people with the hope that the ensuing debate will heal them of boredom.

I always admonish that these baseless threads are BEST IGNORED. Late Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu should be allowed to rest in peace.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 09, 2013
@Sincere 9gerian:

My conclusion is that the report is dem say, dem say. Some
supporters of IBB had a closed door meeting with the late Dim, after
which one of them briefed the press, saying whatever will please his
master. Ojukwu NEVER made any public comment on the issue.

You can conclude what ever you want but won't change the obvious fact that you ibos went for IBB as evidently reported worldwide.

Yes this was 2010 and I beg to ask you, what really change that all of a sudden you lots are now claiming Jonathan? Money don change hand and Jonathan don pay una money?

Lemme refresh your mind, 2010 was the year which the hopeless Jonathan needs all the support and hope after being caged by the cabals. The likes of Tunde Bakare, Wole Soyinka were threatening brimstone and fire that Jonathan should be made president, Ojukwu viz a viz the ibo nation were busy romancing with the "evil genius", canvassing support for him.

@Bold.

what are you ibos known for other than lying? you said no public statement? read below.

'Tell yourself principal that Igbos are for him. He has my support
and by extension he has the support of the whole Igbo people both at
home and in the Diaspora. He is my friend and I am stoutly behind him,' Ojukwu said.

He used the occasion to rechristen Babangida as Okechukwu. 'He
isnow Ibrahim Badamasi Okechukwu Babangida. That is his new
name. I wish him success.'
Earlier, the leader of the group, Chief
Tony EmekaAni, said the group had come to solicit the support of
Ojukwu for the presidential aspiration of IBB, adding that the group
had just been inaugurated in the South East.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/21981/1/ojukwu-
pledges-support-of-igbos-for-ibb.html

Now what? Did Ojukwu and by extension ibos knew about Jonathan's presidential ambition or not before bedding the evil genius? You greedy bastards can keep on with your daily rants here, but won't change your true nature. Imagine ibos suckling arssss of their Hausa masters publicly.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by PaulJohn1: 9:34am On Mar 09, 2013
*556#:

Hmm. well, am still waiting for the greedy bastards to come and defend this one. Shey be them sabi talk?

The guy is Yoruba
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 09, 2013
Where are all the greedy bastards claiming "love" for Jonathan? were you backstabbing bastards aware that Jonathan, your brother is contesting or not?.Can you tell us why Ikemba went all out to suck the arssss of IBB? The shameless group openly supporting Hausa man even after killing them like rats, yet the bastards are quick to throw words that befits their dubious nature on others.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Eziachi: 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2013
dayokanu: Ojuku was simply rooting for their slave masters like it has always been in every civilian regime

Balewa -Azikwei

Shagari -Ekwueme

Tofa -Sylvester Ugo

Atiku- Ben Obi etc
And in 2013, you are calling for Buhari-Fashola, whats the difference? Why is yours a good rooting?
Mind you, you voted and supported the Atiku-Ben Obi pairing, didn't you?
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Eziachi: 6:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
*556#:

They are not brothers? How about you explain to us the new found love of SE & SS coalitions? was that after the ibos were also bought by Jonathan? You see what am saying? You lots run around calling others names while in actual sense you are the backstabbing greedy ones.

Funny how Ojukwu openly told ibos worldwide to vote for Hausa/Fulani that participate in killing millions of ibos against his so-called brother.
If there is a love or new found love I have no idea-whats the the new found or is it rekindled found love between south west and North at the moment? Over to you Mr Abraham's big wisdom. I don't think you got nothing whatsoever to say, than trailing ethnic and tribal bashing to jon it.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Obiora4life: 7:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
Isn't it amazing how when it comes to certain things like Biafra and oil, they will quickly remember us we aren't brothers, applying same logic on this, because it makes their argument sweet, they want say GEJ is our brother--- laughable.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
Eziachi:
If there is a love or new found love I have no idea-whats the the new found or is it rekindled found love between south west and North at the moment? Over to you Mr Abraham's big wisdom. I don't think you got nothing whatsoever to say, than trailing ethnic and tribal bashing to jon it.

U've never liked anyone except the highest bidder as evidently displayed by Ojukwu publicly supporting IBB and asking everyone to do that. The question here and the most important thing is, why did Ojukwu let his brother down by openly canvassing for IBB the evil genius? U lots are just like ashewo.

I think this is politics of ‘self and for myself’ on the part of Ikemba Nnewi. And if I may ask, the so-called houses IBB released to Ikemba, how many of them did he share with his supporters, friends and associates he has been using for years? What have I gained as an Igbo man from the release of the property? Ikemba Nnewi may need to do more explanations on what IBB did for South East during his 9 years in office as President. To ask us to vote for IBB because he
released his father’s property is an insult in our collective
intelligence. It does not add up. It makes no sense.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/article/no-ikemba-nnewi-igbo-cannot-support-ibb

^^^
From the above, we can see how these backstabbing greedy bastards aligned with their northern masters to tradeoff Jonathan. So how much did Jonathan paid these money mongers?
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
Eziachi:
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Duru1(m): 8:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
*556#:
THE Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, was
yesterday, reported to be in support for the presidential ambition of
former military leader, General Ibrahim Babangida, in 2011,Â
saying he would support him as far as it was the desire and
aspiration of the people of the country.

Ojukwu, who declared that Babangida deserves a second chance
to rule the nation, said he was convinced that he possessed the
required qualities that could take the country to further heights as,
according to him, IBB remains a strong voice in Nigerian politics.

The ex-Biafran leader, who received a delegation of Campaign
Network for IBB led by Chief Peter Dada Osadebay in his residence
in Enugu, said the former military president remains his bosom
friend.

Among the dignitaries that visited Ojukwu were Chief Emeka Ani
[South East coordinator of the campaign}, Chief Anike Agbo, Alhaji
Nurudeen Gasali Babatunde, Chief Anike Nwoga, Chief Anike
Nwaba, among others.

Osabebay, told reporters after a closed door meeting with the
former Biafran warlord that Ojukwu’s comments on Babangida
were very encouraging, stressing that the Ikemba had promised to
work with the former military leader.

He said that Ojukwu, who had cut short his visit to his village in
Nnewi to receive the group, was full of excitement and
commended the spirit behind the campaigns.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/2011-ojukwu-canvasses-support-for-ibb/

Was Ikemba not entitled to his political opinions?
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Tolexander: 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2013
*556#:

It won't make any sense to you since I finally exposed your nature. OJUKWU sold Jonathan to his masters the Hausas only declaring support for IBB against his so-called Ijaw brother. OJUKWU is a traitor and I hope the south south people are seeing what you are capable of doing.
werey! I think i need charging you for erroneous affliation of identity.
Omo yoruba ni mi o!
Omo kaaro o ojire kan na ni wa o!
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2013
Duru1:

Was Ikemba not entitled to his political opinions?

Ikemba is entitled to his political opinions? I don't think so. It doesn't sound like someone trying to making his opinion known, rather a leader calling his people to go suck arssss of their Hausa masters. we know Igbos can do and will do anything money.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by dayokanu(m): 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
*556#:

U've never liked anyone except the highest bidder as evidently displayed by Ojukwu publicly supporting IBB and asking everyone to do that. The question here and the most important thing is, why did Ojukwu let his brother down by openly canvassing for IBB the evil genius? U lots are just like ashewo.

WHy are you surprised about the bold

have you forgotten what Shagari said about Azikwe?

Zik like many African rulers had a major character and integrity problem. At the root was his self-concept or self definition(the way one sees oneself). He saw himself in his own words as a "Beautiful Bride" for the highest bidder as well as indispensable. The former executive president of Nigeria, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, a mild mannered man captured it well when he told Zik during the 1979 election campaign: "when you switch husbands one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight times, you are no longer a beautiful bride [size=14pt]but a harlot[/size]." Zik was a weather vane-go where the favorable wind blows. A "Beautiful Bride" mindset is exactly the opposite of the eadership mindset.
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Duru1(m): 9:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
*556#:

Ikemba is entitled to his political opinions? I don't think so. It doesn't sound like someone trying to making his opinion known, rather a leader calling his people to go suck arssss of their Hausa masters. we know Igbos can do and will do anything money.

For whatever reasons you deduced that Ikemba was not entitled to his political opinions, then I suggest you keep mute because you should not have one. You appeared delusional because you do not seem to understand that leadership is an embodiment of opinions. In one hand, you assumed Ikemba was a leader, in another you deceitfully thought he should not have an opinion. Are you okay?
Re: Ojukwu Canvassed Supports For IBB Against "His Brother" GEJ. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
dayokanu:

WHy are you surprised about the bold

have you forgotten what Shagari said about Azikwe?

What annoys me is the greedy bastards will be the ones to quick call others names for crimes they are best known for.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Don’t Need Your Oil – Obama Tells Nigeria / Bokoharam In Trouble As God Fights For Nigerians With Mysterious Bees And Snakes / TB Joshua Releases New Footage Of Synagogue Building Collapse (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.