Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide (12943 Views)

Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide / Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! / Dredging Of River Niger Completed – Obi’s Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by EkoAtlantic: 11:43am On Feb 19, 2013
grin cheesy grin

Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State has said his Imo State counterpart, Rochas Okorocha, and the former National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, Chief Victor Umeh, are ungrateful to him for sustaining and maintaining APGA.

At a press briefing in Awka on Monday, the Chief Press Secretary to Obi, Mr. Mike Udah, said it was unfortunate that Okorocha and Umeh were castigating the Anambra State Governor, accusing him of trying to sell APGA to another party.

Udah said were it not for Obi, APGA would not have been anywhere today.

He said rather than taking APGA away, it was Okorocha and Umeh that had sold APGA to a new party, the All Progressives Congress, which he said would do no good to Anambra people.

Udah said the Anambra governor had no apologies for having a working relationship with the Peoples Democratic Party-run Federal Government of President Goodluck Jonathan.

He said the relationship was for the good of Nigeria and the state in particular, adding that the partnership had yielded many dividends for the state.

Udah said Umeh ought to know that Obi was behind his meteoric rise to the national leadership of APGA, which gave him a platform in the polity.

Umeh, he said, should  show gratitude to Obi.

Udah said, “In any relationship, there are always senior partners and junior partners. It is wrong when the junior partner claims that he is a senior partner.”

Debunking Umeh’s claim of standing by Obi all through his political trials, Udah said Umeh was not anywhere near Obi before he became governor.

He said it was Obi that brought Umeh from nowhere to take over as national chairman of APGA when the former National Chairman left.

Udah said, “He was said to be a treasurer of APGA. One other person was the chairman. And somewhere along the line, things fell apart and that chairman ceased to be chairman and Umeh was elevated to be chairman.

“In what organisation have you seen a situation where the chairman is cast overboard and his successor has to be the treasurer. We have so many offices before you get to treasurer. Do you not agree with me that it took the influence of somebody to get that done?

“Somebody was picked from obscurity, he was nursed, was nurtured, fed, dressed up and he came to limelight. Instead of appreciating what I have done for you, you do not feel well to show appreciation to the person who did all these for you.”

Meanwhile, the crisis rocking APGA took a new turn on Monday as Umeh and the party’s former National Secretary, Alhaji Sani Shinkafi, faulted the appointment of Chief Maxi Okwu as its interim chairman.

Umeh and Shinkafi spoke with journalists at a press briefing in Abuja.

They said the party national caucus, which met in Abuja on Saturday and made Okwu the interim chairman, did not have the constitutional powers to make such an appointment.

The caucus meeting also appointed Shinkafi as interim secretary of the party.

Obi is said to be behind the caucus meeting.

http://www.punchng.com/news/okorocha-umeh-are-ingrates-obis-aide/

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by EkoAtlantic: 11:45am On Feb 19, 2013
S/East best governor is an ingrate?
grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by MrGlobe(m): 11:50am On Feb 19, 2013
Eko Atlantic: S/East best governor is an ingrate?
grin cheesy grin
Chime is SE best governor. Rochas is SE clown.

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2013
I can see that Peter Obi also has the problem of supremacy just like his fellow Anambrarians on nairaland.I sustained the party blah blah blah..... bullshit!

17 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by EkoAtlantic: 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
All of a sudden okorosha ain't the best ibo governor!
Because he left Agipa party. grin cheesy grin

Stop being sentimental cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Abagworo(m): 1:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
What Okorocha has done in 2years supersedes Obi's 7years. I think Obi and Theodore Orji are jealous of the sudden popularity of Okorocha and it is understandable. Obi and Orji have spent so much money on publicity in the past 6 months while Rochas has been avoiding publicity. A visit to Imo State will speak for him. Even during Ojuku's burial, Rochas stole the show. The best thing is to let a moving train be; as trying to block it means suicide.

26 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by achi4u(m): 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
Birds of the same feathers......looking where to perch.
Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Itoroetti(m): 2:24pm On Feb 19, 2013
Okoroacha has always been an opportunist.in 2003,he went and contested presidential election in ANNP,when he could not succeed,he left for PDP where obj gave a life line of political appointment,thereafter,he left for APGA and immediately wanted to become d sole leader of APGA.now he has moved to APC(armour personnel carrier) with d sole aim of becoming the president of naija.it won't work.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by aryzgreat: 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
berem: I can see that Peter Obi also has the problem of supremacy just like his fellow Anambrarians on nairaland.I sustained the party blah blah blah..... bullshit!

My dear Did u read obi commenting in that post? am not obi's apologist pls
Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by slimghost(m): 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2013
berem: I can see that Peter Obi also has the problem of supremacy just like his fellow Anambrarians on nairaland.I sustained the party blah blah blah..... bullshit!

I have seen that you have mental issues! Whats with the hatred for Anambra? jeez
Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by oboy3(m): 2:32pm On Feb 19, 2013
These seat dragging governors again?!!!
Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
I don't see anything good comin out of APC.

Legitimizing Tinubu and Buhari venture with seemingly APGA approval is a total sell out.

APGA would have been stronger as the middle ground for both parties to negotiate with.

Nobody will vote Buhari, GEJ has incumbent advantage and David Mark has an all inclusive appeal across regions.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by chimauk(m): 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
*passing by with my popcorn*
Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 19, 2013
All these warriors are battling for the Soul of the Nation and exploit of our natural resources. Something tells me that APC will be worse than PDP, if given a chance. Tufiakwa!!!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by oboy3(m): 2:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
though am not a fan of either governors but i think you have a serious complex issues with Anambra state
yesterday Rochas called Obi a "confused person" you all applauded him but now is peter Obi's turn,and here you are dragging the whole of Anambra into your useless sordid comment

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by nedufantasy(m): 2:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
Okorocha is a political womanizer.from anpp to pdp,from pdp to apga,nw from apga to apc.he wants to become d president but it aint easy.no wonder BABA IYABO(obj) described him as a failure
Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by slimghost(m): 2:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: I don't see anything good comin out of APC.

Legitimizing Tinubu and Buhari venture with seemingly APGA approval is a total sell out.

APGA would have been stronger as the middle ground for both parties to negotiate with.

Nobody will vote Buhari, GEJ has incumbent advantage and David Mark has an all inclusive appeal across regions.

My sister you get the point! Am waiting to see how APC will win Anambra state. Igbos stand to gain nothing from this alliance of desperadoes. Obi has endeared himself to all right thinking Igbos for keeping APGA out of this hopeless alliance.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Tolexander: 2:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
wetin be my own? As far as it doesn't affect nigerian saviour from emerging as the winner of 2015 election, na them sabi
Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by slimghost(m): 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2013
o'boy:
though am not a fan of either governors but i think you have a serious complex issues with Anambra state
yesterday Rochas called Obi a "confused person" you all applauded him but now is peter Obi's turn,and here you are dragging the whole of Anambra into your useless sordid comment

Dont mind that clown! Always making a foo.l of herself.
Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by VonNestor: 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2013
I agree with Obi. Rochas may have taken a back door in connivance with Umeh. If I may ask was APGA involve during the whole process and discussion for the merger. Where there stake holders involved in the discussion?. Why will Rochas jump and merge with other parties while he is barely 2years old in the party and without the consent of other party stakeholders.
I think he should have form his own party where he can dictate what happens and then merge it with other party, or rather pull out of APGA and then join APC since the Stake holders in APGA do not want the merger. I think rochas is undemocratic with this attitude, no wonder he sacked elected council chairmen in his State.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Ejine(m): 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2013

Reminds me of what the coward did when a common mallam El-Rufai took him to the cleaners on his disastrous performance as governor.
The loser rolled himself into a fetal position and started calling on all Igbos to fight for him because "El-Rufai insulted the Igbo nation". Olodo, dem dey tell you about your nonsense budget, you dey talk about Igbo nation.

It showed he was a truly clueless, tribalistic coward.

So I'm not surprised at the kind of stuff he's saying now.

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Clerverly: 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
He said the relationship was for the good of Nigeria and the state in particular, adding that the partnership had yielded many dividends for the state

Can you List them;
Waiting.....

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
slimghost:

My sister you get the point! Am waiting to see how APC will win Anambra state. Igbos stand to gain nothing from this alliance of desperadoes. Obi has endeared himself to all right thinking Igbos for keeping APGA out of this hopeless alliance.

Okorocha & Umeh have allowed demselves to be used to legitimizing Tinubu and Buhari venture with seemingly APGA approval.

This is a total betrayal of their cause and if not careful, dey will soon find demselves endorsing Buhari ticket for President.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Ejine(m): 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2013
But then, let the truth be said: Rochas is completely wrong in his actions, and it shows he's an opportunist himself.
Hmmmm...

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by OluEmmaAss: 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2013
Obi is surely a PDP appendage to scuttle the APC merger!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2013
Internal crisis in the new mega party while PDP is waxing strong. Flocks mark my word today, okorocha will soon go back to his former party which is PDP while Buhari and Tinubu wil have power prob as well. Nigerian. Politics is still at infantory
Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Valto(m): 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
i av been noticing ur outburst lately about anything anambra. i wonder what must av happened between u and an anambrarian, to warrant this hatred.
Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Clerverly: 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
chiover: Internal crisis in the new mega party while PDP is waxing strong. Flocks mark my word today, okorocha will soon go back to his former party which is PDP while Buhari and Tinubu wil have power prob as well. Nigerian. Politics is still at infantory

Gbaguan
Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2013
This APC plot is not new, in fact the plan was hatch during the 2011 Presidential election between ACN and CPC. They had meetings about a merger of both parties.

I suppose APGA was included to effect their chances of breaking into the southeast and subsequently the southsouth.

How APGA can be used by CPC and ACN that have both vehemently rejected The Presidency of other region, outside the North and South West and killed for that reason scores of people from those region is just amazing. Perhaps the saying dat igbo have no Leader is true, afterall.
Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by oboy3(m): 2:50pm On Feb 19, 2013
Ejiné:

Reminds me of what the coward did when a common mallam El-Rufai took him to the cleaners on his disastrous performance as governor.
The loser rolled himself into a fetal position and started calling on all Igbos to fight for him because "El-Rufai insulted the Igbo nation". Olodo, dem dey tell you about your nonsense budget, you dey talk about Igbo nation.

It showed he was a truly clueless, tribalistic coward.

So I'm not surprised at the kind of stuff he's saying now.
Ejiné: But then, let the truth be said: Rochas is completely wrong in his actions, and it shows he's an opportunist himself.
Hmmmm...
chiejinè,all this for this same mouth of yours?
How many mouth you get
Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by chino24: 2:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
Abagworo: What Okorocha has done in 2years supersedes Obi's 7years. I think Obi and Theodore Orji are jealous of the sudden popularity of Okorocha and it is understandable. Obi and Orji have spent so much money on publicity in the past 6 months while Rochas has been avoiding publicity. A visit to Imo State will speak for him. Even during Ojuku's burial, Rochas stole the show. The best thing is to let a moving train be; as trying to block it means suicide.

You always talk from the anus. Obi is a silent achiever than your talkative Roaches okrosha. AIT knows who is a publicity gov, who wastes his state funds on celebrating his birthday, sponsoring weddings with the state funds.Okrosha remains the worst thing that happened to SE. He has borrowed over 70B to pursue his political ambition thereby mortgaging the future of poor imo state in next 100yrs. We What Obi has achieved in Anambra in 7yrs will take you local champ roaches 27yrs to achieve same in your imo state.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide by slimghost(m): 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
When it suits them, they come out with stuffs like "one Nigeria", "lets leave tribal sentiment out and vote the perfect man in(their tribal man of course), and then we stupidly accept their hand of friendship. When they now have power, they immedialetly let us know that its "all man for himself" and that "we cant be trusted". Well someone should take this message to APC abi OPC, "we are wiser now".

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Investors Laud Abiodun On Reconstruction Of Agbara-Lusada-Atan Road / Naira Swap: Rivers, Sokoto, Bayelsa And Lagos Join Suit Against FG / Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.