Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,530 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa (5397 Views)

5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists / Why Is It Easier For Catholic Ladies To Marry Non Catholics And Not Vice Versa / Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Are you saying that God Himself brought sin into the world or that sin came as a result of man's actions?
Before sin, was there hell?

And yes, God created sin by giving Adam and Eve an instrution....

Roman 7:8
But sin used this command
to arouse all kinds of
covetous desires within me!
If there were no law, sin
would not have that power.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2013
ifeness:

Are you a jew?

Perfect question. Even Paul that took the gospel to the gentiles so perverted the gospel, that he Paul became an antichrist. Bible student indeed.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
musKeeto:
Very useless question... Can you make a list of leaders who have imitated Christ?

Does your lifestyle imitate Christ's? Does every believer on this board imitate Christ? Should we therefore say they're not Christian?

I assert that Hitler was not a Christian. Why ? Hitler was imposing his Aryan tribe above others.

A Christian is anyone on earth, that admits his/her sinful nature, and accepts Jesus as a mediator, whose death atones for the sins of mankind. Hitler didn't match this definition.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
musKeeto:

to arouse all kinds of

I'm just now beginning to realize the extent of this God's wickedness. He created hell, created the garden of eden, planted the tree of knowledge in the middle of the garden so as to be extra visible, then created adam and eve, set them up by telling them not to eat from that tree, adam and eve not even knowing what disobedience was, since they had not yet eaten from the tree, then ate from the tree and the rest they say is history. Chei o di kwa risky.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris:

I assert that Hitler was not a Christian. Why ? Hitler was imposing his Aryan tribe above others.

A Christian is anyone on earth, that admits his/her sinful nature, and accepts Jesus as a mediator, whose death atones for the sins of mankind. Hitler didn't match this definition.

@bold
Jesus put his Jews over others. He came for the lost sheep of isreal. Read about the Canaanite Woman and Jesus.

Hitler doesnt meet your definition of christian but many catholic popes did and such popes committed many atrocities from enshrining slavery in canon law to support of torture of heretics etc
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
kmcutez:

Perfect question. Even Paul that took the gospel to the gentiles so perverted the gospel, that he Paul became an antichrist. Bible student indeed.

The Apostle Paul was not anti-christ. Paul is the pattern of invincible Christianity worldwide.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris:

The Apostle Paul was not anti-christ. Paul is the pattern of invincible Christianity worldwide.

Go and study your bible again. Abi you think say na small pikin full this thread.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by cyrexx: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
musKeeto:

to arouse all kinds of

What baffles me is that: didn't the omnisicent Yahweh know already that those guys will fail the test? He knew but he went ahead to test them anyway and when they failed, he condemned all their unborn generations to eternal torture in hell that he had created, only those few among them who become Christians will be spared from hell.

How anybody can make sense of this GRAND NONSENSE is truly beyond me.

Oh wait, they will say that preaching of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing and also that god frustrates the intelligence of the wise.

This yahweh is one hell of a god.

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

@bold
Jesus put his Jews over others. He came for the lost sheep of isreal. Read about the Canaanite Woman and Jesus.

Hitler doesnt meet your definition of christian but many catholic popes did and such popes committed many atrocities from enshrining slavery in canon law to support of torture of heretics etc

Not only that Hitler wasn't Christian, anyone that declares him/herself a HUMANIST is not a Christian. Please google the Humanist Manifesto.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
cyrexx:
What baffles me was that: didn't the omnisicent Yahweh know already that those guys will fail the test? He knew but he went ahead to test them anyway and when they failed, he condemned all their unborn generations to eternal torture in hell that he had created, only those few among them who become Christians will be spared from hell.

How anybody can make sense of GRAND NONSENSE is truly beyond me.

It will be hard for even the christians to be spared, because 99.9% of them cannot meet up with the standard set up by this God. This God is wicked.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2013
we must question the story logic of having an all knowing all powerful god,who creates faulty humans,and then blames them for his own mistakes
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris:

Not only that Hitler wasn't Christian, anyone that declares him/herself a HUMANIST is not a Christian. Please google the Humanist Manifesto.

Hitler was a christian. You are foolish. Read the op. You are one of the reasons why christians leave the faith. They see dumbazzes like shputing christianity while you are ignorant of the word and the world
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
kmcutez:

Go and study your bible again. Abi you think say na small pikin full this thread.

If we compare age, me I be correct old school. But in this Jesus I am definitely younger and sharper than most of you young people. I agree that I must continue studying the Bible. Thanks for that.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2013
kmcutez:

It will be hard for even the christians to be spared, because 99.9% of them cannot meet up with the standard set up by this God. This God is wicked.

Now that's the reason God sent His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believe in shall not perish, but receive everlasting life
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris:

Now that's the reason God sent His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believe in shall not perish, but receive everlasting life

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy, I swear you no well. Lol at the pic above.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
kmcutez: Logicboy, I swear you no well. Lol at the pic above.

grin grin cool
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris:

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris:

Another useless quote. Please, what's everlasting life?

If one ends up in hell or heaven, there would be everlasting life either ways, not so?
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
Oga, I meant GEJ's a President, but doesn't act like a President.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Image123(m): 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
musKeeto:
Another useless quote. Please, what's everlasting life?

If one ends up in hell or heaven, there would be everlasting life either ways, not so?
The Bible doesn't consider life outside God as life. It is death. i was dead in sins like the prodigal son until i received eternal life.

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
Image123:
The Bible doesn't consider life outside God as life. It is death. i was dead in sins like the prodigal son until i received eternal life.
Still waiting for an explanation of this eternal life...
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
Image123:

So all atheists are dead? Poor philosophy
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

All unbelievers are dead, not just atheists, according to the Christian...
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
musKeeto: Oga, I meant GEJ's a President, but doesn't act like a President.

You want to derail this thred. Jona is quietly dismantling the political structure that makes Nigeria an estate of Usman dan Fodio. And as brilliant as you present yourself, you still say he doesn't act as president. Wait until Nigeria's military and security services is properly transformed and open to the leadership of any Nigerian that is competent for available positions. Then you will see how fast the country will begin to grow. But not before the structures imposed by Papangida is significantly dismantled.That's why the beneficiaries of the status quo lootocracy tag him clueless, as if they're not the demons that brought about the troubles the president is working to resolve.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Image123(m): 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
musKeeto:
Eternal life is the gift /privilege of living with God forever.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Image123(m): 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yes, don't you read the Bible?
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2013
musKeeto:

Haba, you that know all things. If you don't know this basic concept, please go back to Genesis chapter one, and learn how Moses defined time in seconds, the rotation of the earth, and the regularity of the entire galaxies in seasons.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by daylae(m): 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03: Top 5 reasons why christians will always lose on Nairaland

5) God is beyond logic/science and therefore theists will always lose in a logical argument.
Remember that the christian God is omnipotent, omniscient, timeless, infinite, created from nothing and eternal. All characteristics which are paradoxical/contradictory from a logical standpoint

4)The bible is a difficult book for everyone (both christians and non-christians) and so arguing for it is a difficult task that normally results in failure
The bible has many interpretations and multiple meanings . It also has problems with science (miracles). It is also an old book written in a different time from our time and so, some history/context has to be known before arguing for it.

3) Christians often contradict each other while the atheists who should be less united are more in harmony on the fundamental issues.
Atheists have no book to follow or some uniting body. However, atheists are more or less very in sync with their criticism of religion. Atheist also tend to be liberal and even the conservative ones are moderate conservatives. Atheists have various opinions and styles but they are very precise and similar on the criticism of religion. Christians on the other hand cant even have the same theology. The disagree on who their messiah is. Is Jesus man or God?

2) The blatant hypocrisy of certain christians and their pastors.
There are christians on nairaland that condemn atheists while they themselves are immoral. There are christians who claim that atheists are evil while saying that they rather give pastors tithes than to feed poor people. Then there are the pastors who are tithe frauds and liars who decieve their members like sheep.

This creates sympathy for the atheists and honest christians are forced to question their religion.

1) Atheists are generally more intelligent than christians when it comes to religious knowledge

5) The major tenets of faith is such that the reality of God need not be prove because they are not amenable to proof, at least not empirical proof.they are not empirical matters. The idea of proving the existence of God is contrary to Christian theology. Not that Christianity is opposed to proving things, but long before modern science existed Christian mystics, thinkers,philosophers and religious authorities held to the notion that God is beyond our understanding. God is not a thing alongside other things in creation(but the creator of all) that can be subjected to human's verisimilitude .

4) well,i know there are superabundance of books of advice outhere with superfluous of every imaginable subjects. Still,many people look to the "old book" for true guidance. That religious doctrines are often in conflict with one another is true,but saying that the bible itself is contradictory is a fallacy borne out of ignorance. Suppose you need a surgery to correct a serious medical condition,wouldn't you search to find the best surgeon,knowing that the surgical process is a general standard. Yet you would look for the best to operate on you. In the same way,if you make an honest and thorough examination of the available evidence,you'll realize though doctrines can be flawed,but the bible itself is flawless. Look-out for the right doctrine.

3)Since atheism is essentially a philosphy of doubt,which builds its fortress on the basis of scientific knowledge,so it is believed that there is no such evidence anywhere on anything that exist out of nothing,except facts of existence of physical objects and nothing else. The reason we have "contradictions" in christiandom is because we have fake doctrines and the true doctrines,and both must be seperated.

That athiests have no book to follow like you said means there is no manual-book for standards to follow,as such there is no need to point contradictions. Everyone is free to come up with his own version.

2) Because most christians are hypocrites is not an excuse. We have morally good atheists like we have morally bad christians. What makes one a christian is not his moral flawlessness. Good moral values is not enough to vindicate us,even at that,is there anyone who is morally flawless? And this is where the issue of grace comes in. And there is no better grace than the forgiveness of sin.

1)pyrotechnic display on biblical knowledge is not a credence to the wisdom of its words and its interpretations. And that's why atheists maintains the bible is contradictory,whereas there are no contradictions. You can study the bible like any book,knowing its contents from genesis to revelation,you only know what you want to know,and not what you need to know,because your quest on knowing what you want to know makes you blind to see and understand what you need to know. And that's why its seen as a mythical book by many.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
Image123:

You were never a prodigal son.why give yourself such a negative tag? You are now a good slave.Good is the slave who bows to the master. Poor christians. It honestly saddens me to see you finding such comfort in subjugation. You’re so used to it that you can’t even entertain the thought of there being no god, because if there’s no master, then whose slave shall you be?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is There A Spiritual Side To Sex? / All Atheist Will Have Their Place In The Lake Of Fire / Buccaneers Confraternity Trades Words With The Pyrates Confraternity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.