Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material (4005 Views)

How To Attract A Real Husband Material / 8 Signs Of A Husband Material / Turning Him Into A HUSBAND MATERIAL. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Ijeleigbo(m): 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2013
1. They don’t make fun of your taste in music/pop
culture/entertainment. (Well, a little teasing is fine,
but they shouldn't be seriously judging you over it.)

2. They encourage and support you in pursuing
your dreams in life.

3. You feel welcome and comfortable around their
family — even if no future in-laws are perfect.

4. There aren't any secrets between the two of you,
or things about yourselves which you feel you need
to seriously hide from one another.

5. They are proud of you.

6. There is no pressure for either of you to adhere
to strict, completely outdated gender roles — or a
feeling that, if you don’t, the other isn't attracted
to you anymore.

7. Your friends enjoy being around them, and
generally think that they are a cool person who is
good for you.

8. They make you laugh, laugh so hard you can’t
breathe, laugh so much that you don’t care if
you’re doing your “ugly, weird, crackly/snotty
laugh.” (And they love your laugh.)

9. You are capable of having thoughtful, intelligent
discussions about subjects that — even if you don’t
necessarily agree on the topic at hand — teach
both of you something and remain respectful.

10. You feel fully comfortable around them naked,
in bright afternoon light.

Do you see any of these in your man at all

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Fesisko(m): 6:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]A lady friend of mine actually said that any Naija guy who can kiss his girlfriend upto 20minutes without touching her unmentionable or otherwise,is definately a husband material.hahaha...@op,nice write.
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Ijeleigbo(m): 6:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
Fesisko: [color=#000099][/color]A lady friend of mine actually said that any Naija guy who can kiss his girlfriend upto 20minutes without touching her unmentionable or otherwise,is definately a husband material.hahaha...@op,nice write.

cheesy She's joking right?
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by luvmijeje(f): 7:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
Op no 10! U re on your own,but am kind of in agreement with others.
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:35pm On Feb 19, 2013
luvmijeje: Op no 10! U re on your own,but am kind of in agreement with others.

grin Baby, don't you like being around your man na'ked?
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 19, 2013
it either 10 or 7 reasons...hmmm

well, lets see if someone will beat this record and update 20 reasons
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:07pm On Feb 19, 2013
lalaosky: it either 10 or 7 reasons...hmmm

well, lets see if someone will beat this record and update 20 reasons

You can start by beating the record........
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by oyinbogirl(f): 2:37am On Feb 20, 2013
Ijele-igbo:
1. They don’t make fun of your taste in music/pop
culture/entertainment. (Well, a little teasing is fine,
but they shouldn't be seriously judging you over it.)

2. They encourage and support you in pursuing
your dreams in life.

3. You feel welcome and comfortable around their
family — even if no future in-laws are perfect.

4. There aren't any secrets between the two of you,
or things about yourselves which you feel you need
to seriously hide from one another.

5. They are proud of you.

6. There is no pressure for either of you to adhere
to strict, completely outdated gender roles — or a
feeling that, if you don’t, the other isn't attracted
to you anymore.

7. Your friends enjoy being around them, and
generally think that they are a cool person who is
good for you.

8. They make you laugh, laugh so hard you can’t
breathe, laugh so much that you don’t care if
you’re doing your “ugly, weird, crackly/snotty
laugh.” (And they love your laugh.)

9. You are capable of having thoughtful, intelligent
discussions about subjects that — even if you don’t
necessarily agree on the topic at hand — teach
both of you something and remain respectful.

10. You feel fully comfortable around them naked,
in bright afternoon light.

Do you see any of these in your man at all

Read this twice. Its really food for thought. Well done wink
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by obo389(m): 4:22am On Feb 20, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

cool
Ijele-igbo:

My best and sexiest part.
Brings out d sincere ashawo in u.
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by luvmijeje(f): 4:58am On Feb 20, 2013
Ijele!!! How many times did I call u,so if am uncomfortably naked in his presence,he is not an husband material ok..o.
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Mynd44: 6:04am On Feb 20, 2013
Number 1 is complete nonsense
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Nobody: 6:11am On Feb 20, 2013
Mynd_44: Number 1 is complete nonsense

So is number 10 undecided undecided
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Mynd44: 6:19am On Feb 20, 2013
tchidi:

So is number 10 undecided undecided
To be honest, I did not read past number 1 but after seeing number 10 too, I think the OP was high when he typed this
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by karie1(f): 6:24am On Feb 20, 2013
i wonder where the op got this from
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Fesisko(m): 6:44am On Feb 20, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

cheesy She's joking right?

Nope.she even posted it on facebook,and some people were saying its a fact.imagine!
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Ijeleigbo(m): 7:52am On Feb 20, 2013
luvmijeje: Ijele!!! How many times did I call u,so if am uncomfortably naked in his presence,he is not an husband material ok..o.

You called me once with three exclamation marks grin
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Ijeleigbo(m): 7:55am On Feb 20, 2013
Mynd_44:
To be honest, I did not read past number 1 but after seeing number 10 too, I think the OP was high when he typed this

I wasn't high! I was meditating deeply grin
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:01am On Feb 20, 2013
oyinbogirl:

Read this twice. Its really food for thought. Well done wink

Thanks for your recommendation
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Mercyu1(f): 8:08am On Feb 20, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

But dear,dont go naked around ur boyfriend since hes nt yet ur husband.Some boys are mean ooo.they might take ur nude pix and later use it against u.My girlfrnd had that ugly experience and she nearly died then
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by efosanice: 10:32am On Feb 20, 2013
nice post

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by ochallo: 10:34am On Feb 20, 2013
Here are a list of 8 men you should never marry, whether he is your boyfriend or not.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/01/8-men-you-should-never-marry.html
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by dhammer(m): 12:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
IF THAT'S YOUR PERFECT MAN THEN PREPARE TO BE SINGLE FOR AWHILE . Delusions of grandeur
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Mynd44: 1:30pm On Feb 20, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

I refuse to believe that
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Ijeleigbo(m): 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mercy-u:
But dear,dont go naked around ur boyfriend since hes nt yet ur husband.Some boys are mean ooo.they might take ur nude pix and later use it against u.My girlfrnd had that ugly experience and she nearly died then

I hate to admit it but you're right!
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
Well done,keep it up.absolute nonesense
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by obowunmi(m): 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
most important one is that they return your phone call, email, text, sms, skype, tweets..... if they are not returning all forms of communication - then you have an obvious sign in front of you.
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Ijeleigbo(m): 5:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
Sniffa: Well done,keep it up.absolute nonesense

Stop hating!
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
I'm not hating i just been honest
Ijele-igbo:

Stop hating!
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Mynd44: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
Sniffa: Well done,keep it up.absolute nonesense
I swear na nonsense
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mynd_44:
I swear na nonsense

I know say you go support am!
Re: 10 Ways To Know If Your Boyfriend Is Husband Material by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 21, 2013
Kini big deal if he supports me.he wouldnt if u had written smthing sensible
Ijele-igbo:

I know say you go support am!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies: The Reason Guys Take You For Granted After You've Done The Deed / Photo-new Anti-jealousy Tablet For Both Men And Women / Hilarious! Is This Guy Is Truly A Leaner? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.