Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,537 members, 7,958,657 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:55 PM

Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God (5305 Views)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Geewan(m): 10:19am On Mar 08, 2013
enilove:

I have answered the question of wazobia,which you can read as well.I am a god. For more understanding ,read my reply to wazobia.

The bible references you requested for are these:

1- Revelation 1:8 - 18 " I am Alpha and Omega,the biginning and the ending,said the Lord, which is and was,& which is to come,the Almighty...........verse 18 ,I am he that liveth & was dead;& behold I am alive for evermore,Amen;and have the keys of hell and of death.

2-John 10:30- "I and my father are one.Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.Jesus answered them,many good works have I shewed you fron my Father ;for which of these works do ye stone me?The Jews answered him ,saying ,For a good work we stone thee not ;but for blasphemy; & because that thou,being a man,makest thyself God.Jesus answered them ,Is it not written in your law,I said ,Ye are gods?.......verse 37- 38 "If I do not the works of my Father ,believe me not.But if I do ,though ye believe not me,believe the works:that ye may know,& believe ,that the Father is in me ,& I in the father".

The Jews wanted to stone our Lord Jesus Christ because he said he is God in the above passage.This he said indirectly by saying his father is God that created the heaven and the earth.

If follow my train of thought on this topic,you will understand better.I dont want to keep repeating the same points all over again.
I have not said Jesus is the Almighty God ,the creator of the universe,but that as God's son,he has all the attributes of his Father in heaven,and Jesus is also God,for the fact that God is a title. God refered to we His created human beings as gods.And He also called idols gods.

Thanks.

You are a god, idols are gods, dogs are gods, lizards and every other thing he created are gods. Therefore it will be absolutely right for me to referred to you as dog. Definitely you won't buy that no matter how much you likes dogs.

I am not here to talk about whether Jesus (Isa, PBUH) is god or not, I'm here to talk about whether he is the Almighty God or not. Jesus (Isa, PBUH) is not almighty God and he will never be. He is a messenger of Allah. Jesus (Isa, PBUH) definitely didn't created heaven and earth.

Do you even know the consequence if my father is a king and I went about saying I am a king while he is still alive? The worst I can be referred to is "Omo Oba" or "Oba lola" nothing more.

Do you also know what will be the consequence for a president elect who goes about calling himself president before he is sworn in?

Even the verses you quoted get as e be. You're still begging the questions eni.

I need verses where Jesus (Isa, PBUH) said he is Almighty God.

Still waiting...

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by kingstarr: 10:27am On Mar 08, 2013
ifeness:

I do not need to have an encounter with Jesus. He was only human like myself. He ate,drank and even shitt like me. He claimed he was god which i am too. He said anything he did i could do also. He took time to be alone and meditate,which i do also. He was aware of his higher self, so am i aware that there is a spirit side of me which i am only a physical reflection of.

The point is, he was around people who were not aware of how powerful they were. he was an enlightened dude among religious people. He created no law but instead debunked them.example; Harlots and wayward children were to be stoned to death,animal sacrifices offered to Yahweh,non Jew hated and considered to be slaves. He debunked those ideas....he asked if anyone hadn't committed a crime to caste the first stone,all children should come unto him etc I say homosexuals should not be dehumanized,is that not what Jesus would have said? If you have that consciousness he had,you will realize he was no different from you and i,but only advanced and aware of what should be. The story of the good Samaritan by far the best story he told; LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF, DO TO OTHERS WHAT YOU WILL HAVE THEM DO TO YOU!

He taught people on the mountain like you would do to kids. He couldn't have taught them more than that,otherwise they would be confused. He had to use stories like you do to kids. What you do not know was the mysteries behind his miracles. Who could he have told anyway?

Therefore,if you consider Jesus as your god,you have missed the point....SUCH A WASTE OF LIFE! you wont know anything more.

Now I get your point. But as a person who tends to place himself on the same pedestal as Jesus The Christ, do you think there is anything this Jesus can ever offer you that would be of eternal value? And lest I forget, I agree with you that there is a spirit side of you but I refuse to agree that you are totally a reflection of that Divine Spirit. Because, that same spirit is groaning inside of you hoping that someday you would embrace the truth revolving around you.

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Geewan(m): 10:29am On Mar 08, 2013
frosbel: Fellow Christians , let us not beat around the bush, this is why people get so confused when we attempt to explain something that is glaringly obvious.

Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD , Period.

God is GOD.

"He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David," - Luke 1:32

In the above passage , he is called Son of the most high and it is GOD his father who puts him on the throne.

This is literal common sense, even the apostles never called Jesus GOD.

God is not a man.

Let us not be conduits for the repetition of tradition.

Jesus even said that the father is greater then him.

"You heard that I said to you, ‘I go away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I,'" (John 14:28).

Giving you a handshake right now.

To the second question: when we say Jesus (Isa,PBUH) is a son of God what are we talking about?
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by kingstarr: 10:40am On Mar 08, 2013
Geewan:

You are a god, idols are gods, dogs are gods, lizards and every other thing he created are gods. Therefore it will be absolutely right for me to referred to you as dog. Definitely you won't buy that no matter how much you likes dogs.

I am not here to talk about whether Jesus (Isa, PBUH) is god or not, I'm here to talk about whether he is the Almighty God or not. Jesus (Isa, PBUH) is not almighty God and he will never be. He is a messenger of Allah. Jesus (Isa, PBUH) definitely didn't created heaven and earth.

Do you even know the consequence if my father is a king and I went about saying I am a king while he is still alive? The worst I can be referred to is "Omo Oba" or "Oba lola" nothing more.

Do you also know what will be the consequence for a president elect who goes about calling himself president before he is sworn in?

Still waiting...

Yes! Jesus Christ is not God the Father but if you understand the Divine Administrative Policy operating in the Grand universe then you would agree with me that Jesus Christ is God in our Universe because he is the only God-begotten son in our Universe and he created all things within our Universe, including you and I.

Col:1:16: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col:1:17: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Geewan(m): 11:22am On Mar 08, 2013
kingstarr:

Yes! Jesus Christ is not God the Father but if you understand the Divine Administrative Policy operating in the Grand universe then you would agree with me that Jesus Christ is God in our Universe because he is the only God-begotten son in our Universe and he created all things within our Universe, including you and I.

Col:1:16: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominionb
s, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col:1:17: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Divine administrative policy ko, divine bureaucratic policy ni! Who created all things within our universe including you and I? Definitely not Jesus (Isa,PBUH)!

If Jesus(Isa, PBUH) is a son of God, what about Adam(PBUH)? They both have no earthly father remember?

At least we are making headway. Jesus (Isa, PBUH) is not almighty God. I think we all agree on that.

To the second question: when we say Jesus (Isa,PBUH) is a son of God what are we talking about?
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 08, 2013
kingstarr:

Now I get your point. But as a person who tends to place himself on the same pedestal as Jesus The Christ, do you think there is anything this Jesus can ever offer you that would be of eternal value? And lest I forget, I agree with you that there is a spirit side of you but I refuse to agree that you are totally a reflection of that Divine Spirit. Because, that same spirit is groaning inside of you hoping that someday you would embrace the truth revolving around you.

Everyone is divine and eternal,whether you accept that or not. If you think you are not,that is good for you. well i am and lets leave it that way. If you think you cannot survive with Jesus,that is your opinion. My ancestors survived without the Jewish guy,so will i!
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by kingstarr: 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
ifeness:

Everyone is divine and eternal,whether you accept that or not. If you think you are not,that is good for you. well i am and lets leave it that way. If you think you cannot survive with Jesus,that is your opinion. My ancestors survived without the Jewish guy,so will i!

Of-course, you believe in life after death. Maybe you believe in heaven and hell too. And I agree with you that: a non-fanatical approach to the personality of Christ and his mission on earth does not preclude eternal survival. All that is required for eternity survival is the embrace of truth in wisdom and the worship of God the father. But the knowledge of the fact that all spiritual activities necessary for our eternity survival are controlled by God through Christ because we originated in his universe domain and we are his personal creation.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by enilove(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

Ohhhk, thank you but dont try to play with my brain.

Is Jesus god or GOD?
Are you god(s) or GOD?

Wife sometimes called their husband small god when he suprise them with gift and workers also called their boss small gods for paying their salary

There is diff btw this is my name and this is our name, my wife is not me because she use my name as her suname

God is God

My friend,am not playing with your brain in anyway since we are sharing and trying to acquire more knowledge and understanding. There is no one that knows all. We can see an illetrate in the that can educate us on some aspect of life we do know.

Jesus is a God.But different from his father in heaven ,God the Father.Jesus is God the son and we the children of God the Father in this world are children of God and we are gods. Psalm 82:6 "I have said ,ye are gods;& all of you are children of the most High.
We are children God if we obey and do what He commands us to do.He can also disown us if we disobey him and do things contrary to what He commands.Then Satan can adopt ,those children that God disown ,as his own children and use them for his Satanic purpose and distruction. Yorubas do say"OMO ESU",meaning Satanic children or children of the devil. If Satan can have children because those people align theirselves with that of Satan,it not then wrong if God that created us say we are His children.

God is a title,and please see it as that.God did mentioned gods in the bible saverally.God gave His name to Moses and Moses told the Israelites that they should not take the name of the Lord their God in vain.For the Lord will not hold him guiltless that take his name in vain.Ex.20:7.
The real identity of anything here on earth or in heaven is the name.The trees has names,the seas have names,the animals all have names,the demons have names,Satan has name,we human beings have our names,the angels have names and God the maker of everything has His name.
Jesus said ,when he got to heaven, to John in Revelation 3:12"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God,& he go no more out :& I will write upon him the NAME OF MY GOD........and I will write upon him my new NAME.

This mean that the title God is not as important as identifying which God they are refering to.It is written in 1 Cor 8:5 -6 "For though there be that are called gods,whether in heaven or in earth( as there be gods many,Lords many.) But to us there is but one God,the father,of whom are all things,& we in him; & one Lord Jesus Christ,by whom are all things,& we by him.

The second important factor is, wether we doing the will of that God?His will are written in His laws and commandments.
It is one thing to know the true God ,it is another thing to do the His will.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by enilove(m): 12:40pm On Mar 08, 2013
Geewan:

Still waiting...

I never said Jesus is the Almighty God the creator.I did not say that.Jesus is the son of God. He also told us that he is the son of God.
And please, I did not say dogs are gods.It is written in the bible ,which i qouted. If you are created in the image of something,would it be wrong if it is said that you are like that thing. Animals are not created in the image of God,so they are not gods.

Are you clear with that ?

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
kingstarr:

Of-course, you believe in life after death. Maybe you believe in heaven and hell too. And I agree with you that: a non-fanatical approach to the personality of Christ and his mission on earth does not preclude eternal survival. All that is required for eternity survival is the embrace of truth in wisdom and the worship of God the father. But the knowledge of the fact that all spiritual activities necessary for our eternity survival are controlled by God through Christ because we originated in his universe domain and we are his personal creation.

I totally disagree with you. You do not have to worship anyone. There is no hell,unless you create it for yourself. All human are eternal regardless of religious beliefs. LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF...that is all you need! I do not need to say more.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by kingstarr: 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
Geewan:

Divine administrative policy ko, divine bureaucratic policy ni! Who created all things within our universe including you and I? Definitely not Jesus (Isa,PBUH)!

If Jesus(Isa, PBUH) is a son of God, what about Adam(PBUH)? They both have no earthly father remember?

At least we are making headway. Jesus (Isa, PBUH) is not almighty God. I think we all agree on that.

When we say Jesus Christ is the son of God we mean that Jesus Christ enjoys a direct line of descent from God the Father. Humans are the creation of the agencies of God the father by the mandate of God the father, but Christ is personally begotten of God.

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Snowwy: 2:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
@Ikanlum,
Based on the answers received so far, what was the purpose of the question or thread since you claim to be a Christian?
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
ifeness:

I do not need to have an encounter with Jesus. He was only human like myself. He ate,drank and even shitt like me. He claimed he was god which i am too. He said anything he did i could do also. He took time to be alone and meditate,which i do also. He was aware of his higher self, so am i aware that there is a spirit side of me which i am only a physical reflection of.

The point is, he was around people who were not aware of how powerful they were. he was an enlightened dude among religious people. He created no law but instead debunked them.example; Harlots and wayward children were to be stoned to death,animal sacrifices offered to Yahweh,non Jew hated and considered to be slaves. He debunked those ideas....he asked if anyone hadn't committed a crime to caste the first stone,all children should come unto him etc I say homosexuals should not be dehumanized,is that not what Jesus would have said? If you have that consciousness he had,you will realize he was no different from you and i,but only advanced and aware of what should be. The story of the good Samaritan by far the best story he told; LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF, DO TO OTHERS WHAT YOU WILL HAVE THEM DO TO YOU!

He taught people on the mountain like you would do to kids. He couldn't have taught them more than that,otherwise they would be confused. He had to use stories like you do to kids. What you do not know was the mysteries behind his miracles. Who could he have told anyway?

Therefore,if you consider Jesus as your god,you have missed the point....SUCH A WASTE OF LIFE! you wont know anything more."He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. ... the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience:"eph 2:2..now that reminds me your write up looks exactly like the one on ophrah winfreys show..are you a fan of her? SMH.

too bad..you really need Him real quick..it is either you are worshipping JESUS or the devil..sorry am not the one saying this o..na bible..make i show you.."He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. ... the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience:"eph 2:2..now that reminds me your write up looks exactly like the one on oprah winfreys show..are you a fan of her? SMH.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Ikanium(m): 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
Snowwy: @Ikanlum,
Based on the answers received so far, what was the purpose of the question or thread since you claim to be a Christian?
the Muslims are of the notion that Jesus Christ on the last day will reject those that called Him God reasons because He din't mention He is God i was now surprise as to what the muslim brothers ''think'' could this be true?? but sincerely He din't mentioned He is God... Nairaland is a place blessd with knowledge so came to seek for answers to my questions Thank you
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by proo212(m): 8:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
Excellent, we have a Jehaovah's witnesses and Muslim on this thread who deny the essence of Christ.

@Geewan Hebrews 1:2 further answers your question Hebrews 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

Everything was made through Jesus Christ including you and I as well as your prophet.

The Jehovah's witness argument is all about Isaiah 9:6 and John 1:1. Almighty God and Mighty God. If Christ is not the Almighty God and just a Mighty God, why is He referred to as Everlasting Father? Why is He referred to as Immanuel (God with us)?

I need your clarification on this before we go further. I'm currently having the same discussion with a Jehovah's witness that came to my house 2 weeks ago (at my invitation of course).
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 08, 2013
proo212: Excellent, we have a Jehaovah's witnesses and Muslim on this thread who deny the essence of Christ.

@Geewan Hebrews 1:2 further answers your question Hebrews 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

Everything was made through Jesus Christ including you and I as well as your prophet.

The Jehovah's witness argument is all about Isaiah 9:6 and John 1:1. Almighty God and Mighty God. If Christ is not the Almighty God and just a Mighty God, why is He referred to as Everlasting Father? Why is He referred to as Immanuel (God with us)?

I need your clarification on this before we go further. I'm currently having the same discussion with a Jehovah's witness that came to my house 2 weeks ago (at my invitation of course).

mate , no point beating around the bush, you are confusing the hell out of people with this Trinity catholic doctrine.

Jesus is the SON of GOD , Period and Full Stop.

btw , I am not a JW or SDA,
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by georgeehis(m): 8:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
1)Jesus is a god and nt God. Wen he came to earth he cried o. Ar u sayin almighty God cried?
2)If u say jesus is almighty. Den u ar sayin d bible contradicts it self.
3)When God said 'let us mak man in our image'. Hu was he talkin to?
4)If rily jesus is God,wen he came to earth hu e come leav for heaven?hum was he prayin to? Hu resurected him? Etc abeg
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Snowwy: 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ikanium: the Muslims are of the notion that Jesus Christ on the last day will reject those that called Him God reasons because He din't mention He is God i was now surprise as to what the muslim brothers ''think'' could this be true?? but sincerely He din't mentioned He is God... Nairaland is a place blessd with knowledge so came to seek for answers to my questions Thank you

I am wondering why what muslims say should now determine whether Jesus will accept or reject His people. How many times in the scripture did you see Jesus Himself affirm who He was? He often spoke of the Father and the Comforter and the Son (Himself) showing the relationship between the 3 of them. They are 3 yet 1.

What do you day of these verses?
Matthew 1:23 - Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel, which is translated, God with us.

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

Isaiah 43:10,11 - You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.

John 8:24 - I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us

John 10:30 I and my Father are one

John 5:17,18 - “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” Therefore the Jews sought to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God .
I think the Jews basically understood what Jesus said here because even as Jesus said God was His father they saw it that He was equating Himself to God.

Finally, Jesus said:
John 8:58 - 58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.

Compare this to:
Exodus 3:14 - And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM, and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE; and He said, You shall say this to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you!

Jesus is already God, what He tried to show was the relationship of His Father, Himself and the Spirit.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by dapsonlou(m): 10:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
Jesus is a humble man, he will never call himself God, because that is blasphamy. people with self interest started calling Jesus God
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Geewan(m): 10:40pm On Mar 08, 2013
I wonder why the authors of the bible are so equivocal about who Jesus (Isa, PBUH) was. Jesus (Isa, PBUH) is definitely not almighty God.

The similitude of Jesus (Isa, PBUH) is that of Adam (PBUH). God say "be and they were." Almighty God is the all powerful, all knowing, all merciful, all forgiving. He will continue to be.

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only! Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him" - The Noble Quran 112 (Complete).
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by proo212(m): 11:49pm On Mar 08, 2013
Frosbel, me I no get you sha...I am not a catholic so I do not subscribe to their doctrines. Reading the bible I am convinced that Jesus is God especially considering what Snowwy has posted. Lets not get carried away by semantics. Geewan and the Jehovah's witnesses are a different kettle of fish entirely.

Geewan, you cannot use the Quran to prove that Jesus is not God. That is another discussion for a different thread. Jesus Christ is not Isa of the Quran.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 09, 2013
Bidam: too bad..you really need Him real quick..it is either you are worshipping JESUS or the devil..sorry am not the one saying this o..na bible..make i show you.."He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. ... the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience:"eph 2:2..now that reminds me your write up looks exactly like the one on oprah winfreys show..are you a fan of her? SMH.

Question : Who wrote the bible? Was is not used to encourage slavery? Did jesus write a book?

You have been brainwashed to believe you need jesus. The brainwash programme started from the moment they taught you the stories of hell,to keep you in fear!

I am sure you know nothing about the AKASHIC RECORDS..... Lost soul, i wonder how many reincarnations you must have gone through and yet you are still in the bondage of fear.

You need to disown all the slave master's ideologies......good luck with your jesus....what a waste of life sad
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 4:59am On Mar 09, 2013
ifeness:

Question : Who wrote the bible? Was is not used to encourage slavery? Did jesus write a book?

You have been brainwashed to believe you need jesus. The brainwash programme started from the moment they taught you the stories of hell,to keep you in fear!

I am sure you know nothing about the AKASHIC RECORDS..... Lost soul, i wonder how many reincarnations you must have gone through and yet you are still in the bondage of fear.

You need to disown all the slave master's ideologies......good luck with your jesus....what a waste of life sad

with all humility, if i can through the help of the HOLY SPIRIT which Jesus gave me pray for people and they get healed and delivered from the oppression of the devil and you call me a brainwshed fellow praise God...i guess i'd rather stick to being that brainwashed fellow you call me than subject myself to the hog wash you are writing. JESUS IS REAL MY FRIEND..THE STORIES OF THE BIBLE ARE NOT FABLES.

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by wazobiaforu(m): 11:37am On Mar 09, 2013
ENILOVE and CO, thanks for the teaching and i think i got some points right today

According to Enilove Jesus is GOD
Then all human created by GOD is god

Mtcheeeeeew

Now i know who are the truely brothers and sisters of Jesus and who follow reporters

Many ppl hate saharareporters because they think saharaR fabricate news to their own interest

The question is : WHERE IN THE BIBLE DID JESUS MENTION HE IS GOD?

Not where in the Bible did Paul,John or Judas mention Jesus is God,

If you call GEJ retardeen as it was introduce on NL, he can arrest you for calling him name that was introduce by third person

If i call you OLORIBURUKU because your friend said i should call you that,you can arrest me for assault

I think MATHEW in the Bible is enough for us because that is where JESUS talks are writting in RED

NB:
** we need what Jesus said not what reporters said on his absent
** we need a directive statement like he keep repeating( the son of man) when talking about rapture not telling us that we need to go in spirit to understand it because non of the desciples go in spirit before they understood him

I love reading the word of Jesus in Mathew

Jesus is lord = anybody can be lord
Jesus is servant = servant are many
Jesus is son of man = we are also
Jesus is Prophet = they are many
Jesus is god = we are also god
BUT
Jesus IS NOT GOD-ELEDUMARE-CHUKWU
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Geewan(m): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2013
^^^
Thank you for this beautiful piece.

Your conclusion "Jesus IS NOT GOD-ELEDUMARE-CHUKWU" sums up this whole debate.

Thank you once again.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Ikanium(m): 7:07am On Mar 10, 2013
Snowwy:

I am wondering why what muslims say should now determine whether Jesus will accept or reject His people. How many times in the scripture did you see Jesus Himself affirm who He was? He often spoke of the Father and the Comforter and the Son (Himself) showing the relationship between the 3 of them. They are 3 yet 1.

What do you day of these verses?

I think the Jews basically understood what Jesus said here because even as Jesus said God was His father they saw it that He was equating Himself to God.

Finally, Jesus said:

Compare this to:

Jesus is already God, what He tried to show was the relationship of His Father, Himself and the Spirit.
thank you its pretty obvious Jesus is Lord i can now see....
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by wazobiaforu(m): 9:33am On Mar 10, 2013
God is just an Enlish name for the most supreme

Allah is an Arabic name for the most supreme

Jesus is an English name for one of God sent

Jesu is the yoruba name for him

every country have their own language for naming the most supreme and his messenger.

Sometimes i wonder why many people argue blindly,is it because they are not expose or is it that they are exposed to where they cant have the knowledge,many of you live abroad but have you been to some part of Europe and middle east where the real history of the Bible and Quran originated also all the religion we are practising? We should not forget that all this religion was brought to us,then how possible is for us to know it more than them.
Many christian called Jesus God because of the love you have for him and you Reject Allah has the person Jesus pray to, have you ever set your eyes on ARABIC BIBLE? I will implore you to get one and see that ALLAH is in replace of God
Do you have idea of how many languages Bible was translated to before English? How do they call God in those languages? So why did you refuse Allah as another name for God or is it because Muslim use it?
Jesus was and never use in replace of God in any language and he never called himself that

Language ---------------Name of God

1-AEolian.....................Ilos
2-Arabic....................Allah
3-Armorian.................Teuti
4-Assyrian.................. Eleah
5-Celtic......................Diu
6-Chaldaic............. Eilah
7-Cretan...................Thios
8-Chinese..................Prussa
9-Coromandel..............Brama

10-Danish.....................Gut
11-Dutch.....................Godt
12-Egyptian (old).............Teut
13-Egyptian (modern).........Teun
14-English....................God
15-Finch...................Jumala
16-Flemish...................Goed
17-French.....................Dieu
18-German....................Gott

19-German (old)...............Diet
20-Greek...................Theos
21-Gallic.......................Diu
22-Hebrew...........Elohim, Eloha
23-Hindoostanee..............Rain
24-Japanese................Goezur
25-Irish....................Dia

26-Italian..................Dio
27-Madagascar..... .......Zannar
28-Malay.....................Alla
29-Norwegian.................Gud

30-Latin.....................Deus
31-Low Latin.................Diex
32-Low Breton................Done
33-Lapp ....................Jubinal
34-Olalu Tongue..............Deu

35-Old Saxon..................God
36-Peruvian..........Puchecammae
37-Persian....................Sire
38-Pannonian..................Istu
39-Polish.....................Bog
40-Pollacca.................Bung
41-Portuguese................Debs
42-Provencal.................Diou

43-Runic... ...................As
44-Russian...................Bojh
45-Spanish...................Dios
46-Swedish...................Gut
47-Slav....................Buch

48-Swiss......................Gott
49-Syriac....................Allah
50-Tartar................Magatal
51-Turkish..................Allah
52-Zemblain................Fetizo
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by dapsonlou(m): 4:06am On Mar 11, 2013
God is our father, because he is the creator, when Jesus said Hes the son of GOd, hes not saying that God gave birth to Him, but he was created by God, People need to open Up there minds and think beyond the words... Lord means master not God, most people thing the word Lord means God.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by dapsonlou(m): 4:13am On Mar 11, 2013
wazobia_for_u: God is just an Enlish name for the most supreme

Allah is an Arabic name for the most supreme

Jesus is an English name for one of God sent

Jesu is the yoruba name for him

every country have their own language for naming the most supreme and his messenger.

Sometimes i wonder why many people argue blindly,is it because they are not expose or is it that they are exposed to where they cant have the knowledge,many of you live abroad but have you been to some part of Europe and middle east where the real history of the Bible and Quran originated also all the religion we are practising? We should not forget that all this religion was brought to us,then how possible is for us to know it more than them.
Many christian called Jesus God because of the love you have for him and you Reject Allah has the person Jesus pray to, have you ever set your eyes on ARABIC BIBLE? I will implore you to get one and see that ALLAH is in replace of God
Do you have idea of how many languages Bible was translated to before English? How do they call God in those languages? So why did you refuse Allah as another name for God or is it because Muslim use it?
Jesus was and never use in replace of God in any language and he never called himself that

Language ---------------Name of God

1-AEolian.....................Ilos
2-Arabic....................Allah
3-Armorian.................Teuti
4-Assyrian.................. Eleah
5-Celtic......................Diu
6-Chaldaic............. Eilah
7-Cretan...................Thios
8-Chinese..................Prussa
9-Coromandel..............Brama

10-Danish.....................Gut
11-Dutch.....................Godt
12-Egyptian (old).............Teut
13-Egyptian (modern).........Teun
14-English....................God
15-Finch...................Jumala
16-Flemish...................Goed
17-French.....................Dieu
18-German....................Gott

19-German (old)...............Diet
20-Greek...................Theos
21-Gallic.......................Diu
22-Hebrew...........Elohim, Eloha
23-Hindoostanee..............Rain
24-Japanese................Goezur
25-Irish....................Dia

26-Italian..................Dio
27-Madagascar..... .......Zannar
28-Malay.....................Alla
29-Norwegian.................Gud

30-Latin.....................Deus
31-Low Latin.................Diex
32-Low Breton................Done
33-Lapp ....................Jubinal
34-Olalu Tongue..............Deu

35-Old Saxon..................God
36-Peruvian..........Puchecammae
37-Persian....................Sire
38-Pannonian..................Istu
39-Polish.....................Bog
40-Pollacca.................Bung
41-Portuguese................Debs
42-Provencal.................Diou

43-Runic... ...................As
44-Russian...................Bojh
45-Spanish...................Dios
46-Swedish...................Gut
47-Slav....................Buch

48-Swiss......................Gott
49-Syriac....................Allah
50-Tartar................Magatal
51-Turkish..................Allah
52-Zemblain................Fetizo

53-Yoruba...................Olowa
54-Igbo.......................Chineke

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Snowwy: 6:25am On Mar 11, 2013
Ikanium: thank you its pretty obvious Jesus is Lord i can now see....
I am glad you are beginning to see. Jesus being the Son of God and also God do not negate each other. As I said earlier, the jews understood it but could not just accept it.
So do further studies yourself with the help of the Holy Spirit to further ground you in His knowledge.

Find below some other scriptures to meditate on:
John 1:1-2
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made

Genesis 1:26 - And God said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Revelation 19:11-13
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Infact, thanks for asking this question because now it has raised some more study for me on God's Word and who executed it. God bless.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Paschal007: 11:24am On Mar 11, 2013
Ikanium: Religion debate are some times annoying but we indulge in them sometimes to clearify some things. I asked a muslim friend a question ''where do you think the Christians will go when this earth is no more''? And he narrate that they muslims believe in Jesus Christ, they believe He was a prophet a mesenger of God, they follow Him but they don't worship Him because the Muslims are of the notion that Jesus Christ is no God.... He gave me an audio where the Imam said same thing, he also said open a Bible chapter where Jesus said He is God and i will accept Christianity. And house i have seen alot of adverts with the writing Jesus is Lord.......
Huh? You were discussing religion 1 on 1, physically with a muslim? Are you still intact? undecided My guess is you 2 didn't discuss Islam. Don't ever try that 1 oh :
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by TableLeg(m): 11:27am On Mar 11, 2013
NO WHERE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" / The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! / ”my Son Saddens Me”—septuagenarian Father Of Gay Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.