Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God (5133 Views)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Ken4Christ: 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2013
You are looking for where Jesus says he is God in the Bible. So, if you don't get it, you won't believe in him? First, there is no other person who walked the face of this earth you can compare with Jesus. There is no religious leader also that you can rank side by side with Jesus. He is the greatest of all. There is no one that had such overwhelming prophecies concerning his birth, burial and resurrection and even his coming back. Prophecies about his birth were literally fulfilled. A few examples are;

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. {shall call: or, thou, O virgin, shalt call} (Isaiah 7:14)

"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." (Isaiah 53:4-12)

These are just a few of the prophecies that were fulfilled in Christ.

When he began to teach, the Jews heard some claims he made which no man ever made. No one ever called God their Father. They only knew him as the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. Now here is a man who they knew when he was physically born referring to God as his Father. Now Dog gives birth to dog, Goat gives birth to goats. In the same way God give birth to God. When John Baptist was baptizing Jesus, a voice from heaven came which said, "... This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Matthew 3:17). I know the confusion my dear friend who stared this topic is having is this. If Jesus is God, why did Jesus himself prayed to God. The truth is this, we have God, the Father who is in heaven and he is invisible. Then we have Jesus, who is the Son of God and was manifested in human flesh and has the very nature and essence of God in him. Then we have the Holy Spirit who carries God's presence everywhere. Jesus is God in nature but he is not the Father. He himself is subject to the Father who is his God. In other words, Jesus is God but also have God the Father who he is subject to. The question now is, whom then do we worship? Are there two Gods? There are no two Gods. We have one God who is the Father of all who believe in Jesus. But if you want to see God in the flesh, you look at Jesus. He is the representative of the Godhead. Jesus said, "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? (John 14:9). Is there any religious leader that has made such claims?

There are lots of claim Jesus made that you cannot help but to believe he is deity. Though he was in human form on earth, he is more than a man. He was there when the world was made. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." (John 1:1-3). God has committed all things into the hand of Jesus such that whatever Jesus does, it is automatically approved. The only thing that God, his Father kept secret from Jesus is the exact day of final Judgment. "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. (Mark 13:32)

Can we worship Jesus? Yes, he also is an object of worship. While he was on earth, he was worshiped and he did not reject the worship.
And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh. (Matthew 2:11)
And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. (Matthew 8:2)
While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live. (Matthew 9:18)
Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God. (Matthew 14:33)

These are just a few of the verses where Jesus was worshiped in the Bible days. There was an occasion when an Angel of God rejected worship and directed that God alone should be worshiped.

According to Paul's explanation in Hebrews 1, God even referred to Jesus as God. "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. {righteousness: Gr. rightness, or, straightness} Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. (Hebrews 1:8-9). He called Jesus his Son God but also let Jesus know that he the Father is his God. Put in another way, God the father is the overall boss but in Jesus dwells the fullness of God bodily.

My final take on this issue is this, it is difficult to understand spiritual truth with your human senses. They don't make sense and that is why my friend is struggling to understand why Jesus is God and yet there is also God the father, who he is devoted to. On judgment day, it is Jesus that you will see because God has committed all judgment into his hands. If you like believe the teachings of your so called gurus and ignore what Jesus says. All gurus and all religious leaders will all stand to be judge by Jesus. You can't escape him. So, it is much safer to receive him as your Saviour than to meet him as your Judge.

I hope this clearly answers your question?

2 Likes

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
@ Ken4Christ Thanks for the elaborate analysis to add to your point "If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha" (I Cor 16:22).
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by wazobiaforu(m): 9:52am On Mar 19, 2013
Ken4christ and Bidam i accept all you said because you backed them up with Biblical verses, at the other hand you have to bliv what others qoutes from the Bible also, non of you attempt to prove all the verses i qouted to show you Jesus is not God,you rather started qouting another one, what does that mean to you? CONTRADICTION and God is not God of confussion

Bidam you are a kid in Bible study,you only know what you were told by your parents and pastor,you never do any personal findings, Enilove is sound and he knows what he is saying and you can see how he bring you down and almost rebuke you, my advice for you go and buy MY BOOK OF BIBLE STORY.

JESUS IS NOT MY GOD but THE GOD OF JESUS IS ALSO THE GOD OF WAZOBIA(me), I WILL CONT TO WORSHIP WHO JESUS SAID I SHOULD WORSHIP
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 19, 2013
wazobia_for_u: Ken4christ and Bidam i accept all you said because you backed them up with Biblical verses, at the other hand you have to bliv what others qoutes from the Bible also, non of you attempt to prove all the verses i qouted to show you Jesus is not God,you rather started qouting another one, what does that mean to you? CONTRADICTION and God is not God of confussion

Bidam you are a kid in Bible study,you only know what you were told by your parents and pastor,you never do any personal findings, Enilove is sound and he knows what he is saying and you can see how he bring you down and almost rebuke you, my advice for you go and buy MY BOOK OF BIBLE STORY.

JESUS IS NOT MY GOD but THE GOD OF JESUS IS ALSO THE GOD OF WAZOBIA(me), I WILL CONT TO WORSHIP WHO JESUS SAID I SHOULD WORSHIP
i laff at the emboldened..atleast i have a father meaning am not a spiritual vagabond..when i have time i will dissect your post.. grin grin grin grin
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by kingstarr: 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
God the Father is the God of Jesus Christ and the God of Mohammed (SAW), because he is the God of all creation. But if Allah made Christ lord over all things, of what value will it be to obstinately refuse him?

Christians who believe Jesus but live a life of poor spiritual value are no better than infidels. Moslem who do not believe Jesus Christ as son of God but live a life of faith, love and goodness are in the same pedestals as true Christians.

Both the Bible and the Qur'an couldn't have been given by God, they are merely accounts of God-knowing men of old.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. / Having Our Hearts Sprinkled From An Evil Conscience. What Is An Evil Conscience? / Masturbation Is A Sin, No Matter Your View About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.