Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:47 AM

Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God (5295 Views)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by kingstarr: 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
dapsonlou: God is our father, because he is the creator, when Jesus said Hes the son of GOd, hes not saying that God gave birth to Him, but he was created by God, People need to open Up there minds and think beyond the words... Lord means master not God, most people thing the word Lord means God.

Jesus is the son of God. The Absolute representation of God the Father. The word used by the bible is "begotten." He is the direct son of God and his being is different from created beings. Jesus Christ is a creator. Divine Creators are not created they are begotten and this is how they acquire their creative prerogatives.

2 Likes

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by beejaay: 12:10pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifeness:

Question : Who wrote the bible? Was is not used to encourage slavery? Did jesus write a book?

You have been brainwashed to believe you need jesus. The brainwash programme started from the moment they taught you the stories of hell,to keep you in fear!

I am sure you know nothing about the AKASHIC RECORDS..... Lost soul, i wonder how many reincarnations you must have gone through and yet you are still in the bondage of fear.

You need to disown all the slave master's ideologies......good luck with your jesus....what a waste of life sad

have u ever considered taking a training on akashic record keeping and reading. i have been contemplating on trying it out but most times i get skeptical about what i might find out (maybe i still need to personal realization more or u think i should just go for help right away?). you and Billyonaire come across as someone that knows more about self realization. pls your reply will be appreciated
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by wazobiaforu(m): 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
kingstarr:

Jesus is the son of God. The Absolute representation of God the Father. The word used by the bible is "begotten." He is the direct son of God and his being is different from created beings. Jesus Christ is a creator. Divine Creators are not created they are begotten and this is how they acquire their creative prerogatives.

My simple advice for you, go and read Mathew from begining to the end, just 28 chapters .... Stop using formula that did not work and stop calling Jesus what he did not call himself, respect him and respect his words, remember many of the desciples ran away at a point and they are still the one given record of Jesus, i repeat again - Respect Jesus and his words, i know you love him and i do but dont over exagerate

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

My simple advice for you, go and read Mathew from begining to the end, just 28 chapters .... Stop using formula that did not work and stop calling Jesus what he did not call himself, respect him and respect his words, remember many of the desciples ran away at a point and they are still the one given record of Jesus, i repeat again - Respect Jesus and his words, i know you love him and i do but dont over exagerate
Then you MUST also read the whole book of john cos it reveals the DEITY OF CHRIST.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by kingstarr: 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
beejaay:
have u ever considered taking a training on akashic record keeping and reading. i have been contemplating on trying it out but most times i get skeptical about what i might find out (maybe i still need to personal realization more or u think i should just go for help right away?). you and Billyonaire come across as someone that knows more about self realization. pls your reply will be appreciated

Now you are seeking a material medium as portal for your personality realization. Waste of time! The major difference between Jesus and the other prophets is that most of them heavily relied on material medium for contact with spiritual functions, but Jesus merely speaks the word or just exercise a silent WILL to achieve his desires. Even though he did not condemn the use of materials; like he used the clay on the blind man, from his life we can deduce that Jesus was showing us a better method for access to God. Just purge your conscience and trust the spirit within you then you would experience the divine relationship that leads to the experience of absolute mortal personality manifestations.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by beejaay: 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2013
kingstarr:

Now you are seeking a material medium as portal for your personality realization. Waste of time! The major difference between Jesus and the other prophets is that most of them heavily relied on material medium for contact with spiritual functions, but Jesus merely speaks the word or just exercise a silent WILL to achieve his desires. Even though he did not condemn the use of materials; like he used the clay on the blind man, from his life we can deduce that Jesus was showing us a better method for access to God. Just purge your conscience and trust the spirit within you then you would experience the divine relationship that leads to the experience of absolute mortal personality manifestations.
obviously you have a lot to learn and am surely not going to exchange banter with you.please do yourself a favour and re-read what you typed versus what i posted and do a self judgement to them both. goodluck!!!!!!
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by beejaay: 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
kingstarr:

Of-course, you believe in life after death. Maybe you believe in heaven and hell too. And I agree with you that: a non-fanatical approach to the personality of Christ and his mission on earth does not preclude eternal survival. All that is required for eternity survival is the embrace of truth in wisdom and the worship of God the father. But the knowledge of the fact that all spiritual activities necessary for our eternity survival are controlled by God through Christ because we originated in his universe domain and we are his personal creation.
[q
kingstarr:

[q
kingstarr:
Yes! Jesus Christ is not God the Father but if you understand the Divine Administrative Policy operating in the Grand universe then you would agree with me that Jesus Christ is God in our Universe because he is the only God-begotten son in our Universe and he created all things within our Universe, including you and I.

Col:1:16: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col:1:17: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

looking at all you posted, i have absolutely no reason to explain the unexplainable to you cos u are still living in illusion. you can call on me when you wake up
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by FlyinSaucer: 11:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
Soooooo ....... Boriiiiingggg ......
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by wazobiaforu(m): 4:43pm On Mar 14, 2013
Bidam: Then you MUST also read the whole book of john cos it reveals the DEITY OF CHRIST.

My brother/sister, this is where the problems of many christianity baffle me,

When you qoute a vers - they will say you picked only that verse that you should more verses to it

When you qoute a long verses - they will bring another verse to counter it

When you qoute from OT - they will way old things has passed,that Jesus came to wash away sin on NT

When you qoute a whole chapter(like i did) - you are referring to another chapter

Are you not proving that there is contradiction in the Bible? Or should i nullify the whole the TEACHING directly from JESUS in MATHEW? Hun?

** the first time God introduced Jesus when is matured to the WORLD is in Mathew

** the FIRST teaching of Jesus is in Mathew

** the FIRST how to PRAY by Jesus is in Mathew

** the teaching of RAPTURE by Jesus is in Mathew

** how Jesus regard his FOLLOWERS when they talk about Maria is in Mathew

** how Jesus called HIMSELF(son of man,son of David,Prophet) is in Mathew

** how Jesus said he did not know the actual time of end time is in Mathew

** who Jesus said we should WORSHIP is in Mathew

** who Jesus said a CHURCH belong to,is in Mathew ( not church of christ)

JESUS i love you so much and i love your teaching but Jesus why did you allow people to twist the Bible to their own version and taste,cele fight with cherubum,CAC,Reedeem and other churches argue with Jehova witness and they all REBUKE Catholic, all this thing is as a result of twisting it to my taste.

I wish i can hand the first Bible, i will learn the language.

Dont forget the TOPIC: where in the Bible did Jesus called himself GOD

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by enilove(m): 9:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

When you qoute a vers - they will say you picked only that verse that you should more verses to it

When you qoute from OT - they will way old things has passed,that Jesus came to wash away sin on NT

When you qoute a whole chapter(like i did) - you are referring to another chapter

Are you not proving that there is contradiction in the Bible? Or should i nullify the whole the TEACHING directly from JESUS in MATHEW? Hun?

** the first time God introduced Jesus when is matured to the WORLD is in Mathew

JESUS i love you so much and i love your teaching but Jesus why did you allow people to twist the Bible to their own version and taste,cele fight with cherubum,CAC,Reedeem and other churches argue with Jehova witness and they all REBUKE Catholic, all this thing is as a result of twisting it to my taste.

I have showed you all where Jesus called himself God in the bible.

It is written John 10:33-38. " The Jews answered him,saying For a good work we stone thee not;but for blasphemy; and because that thou, BEING A MAN,MAKEST THYSELF GOG.
Jesus answered them ,is it not written in your law ,I said , ye ared gods?If he called them gods,unto whom d word of God came,and the scripture cannot be broken;Say,ye of him,whom the Father hath sanctified,and sent into the world,Thou blasphemest;because I said,I am the son of God?If I do not the works of my Father;believe me not.But if I do,though ye believe not me,believe the works :that ye may know,and believe that the Father is in me and I in him."

If you were accused publicly of stealing and you did not deny it, but instead,you started explaining the reasons that made you to steal,you have indirectly accepted that you are a thief,God forbid.

It is clear from the above that Jesus did not deny it that he is God. The jews wanted to stone him because he called himself God.
This was strange to the Jews,as it it strange to you too.
So was it to me,infact I saw it as an abomination b4 God showed me my ignorance.

Just ask yourself why are the christians seeing Jesus as God.Please note! He is not God Almighty,the Father,the creator of the heaven and the earth.
As I always say,a young lion is a lion.
Jesus the son of God is a God.The Jews wanted to stone him because he called himself the son of God.The reason the Jews gave ;from the above bible passage,for wanting to stone him was "thou call thyself God when you are a man"

There is no more reason asking for d bible reference where Jesus said he is God.
It is in the above verses.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by kingstarr: 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2013
beejaay:

Some of your strongest desires I guess is to be able to access the Akashic records. But you vehemently refuse to listen to people who access these records effortlessly but not frivolously.

Jesus Christ did not come to dispute the truthful realities, before his advent. He only came to show us a higher concept of them. And we are obliged to trust him because of the following truth:

Joh:10:9: I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Joh:14:6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If you access the book of life through Christ, you do not need to fear what you would encounter. If you access these records in disregards to the provisions for accessing it of which you are not aware, then you know you would be "exposing your network on a public IP without a firewall."

Our eternal firewall against grievous errors is the Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by wazobiaforu(m): 7:50am On Mar 16, 2013
Enilove and Co, thanks for the maturity of this debate, i am not trying to win the argument but trying to show my own view and knowledge, i know about christianity and islam, i am fortunate to be born into the two religion and i was and still fully expose to both doctrin but never been convinced enough that JESUS is God.

To my fellow People of the Book and fellow siblings of Adam, I would like to draw your attention to the following facts in the hope that you may see the truth. For your own sake, read with the intent of finding the truth and not with the intent of winning an argument. If after this, you don't believe, then I have tried. Either way, it is between you and God.

Jesus preaching and actions is very directive and easy to learn,you dont need to go in spirit to understand what i will qoute like many xtian will tell you to forget about knowing him before you worship him, they will say "accept Jesus first and you will see him" taaaa,know who you want to worship first

JESUS IS NOT GOD

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 12:29 did Jesus say, "Here, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." The words "our God" indicate that Jesus had a higher God over him, a stronger God than him. Jesus didn't say "Your God". He said "our God" which includes Jesus as the creation of GOD.
-----------------
If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 20:17 did Jesus say, "I ascend to my God and your God? This tells us that we and Jesus have a common GOD
------------------
If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 8:28 did Jesus say, "I do nothing of myself"? Can't GOD do anything he wills?
-----------------
If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 14:28 did Jesus say, "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"? Why some xtian say they are equal?
----------------
If Jesus was GOD, then why in Luke 23:46 did Jesus say, "Father (GOD), into thy hands I commend my spirit"?
---------------
If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 19:16 did Jesus say, "Why call me good, there is none good but One, that is GOD"? Jesus is not perfect but God
--------------
If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 26:39 did Jesus beg his GOD to have mercy on him and to pass the cup to death (kill Jesus in another words) before Jesus goes through the pain of crucifixion? Xtians celebrate what Jesus did not like,if he is God then since he wishes to stop bein killed, he will stop it without going to pray to GOD many time
--------------
If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 18:38 didn't he reply when he was asked about the truth.
-------------
If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 24:36 did Jesus tell his followers that no one (including Jesus) knows when the judgment day will come, only GOD knows? Jesus and God do not operate in same relm if they do then Jesus suppose to know
-------------
If Jesus was GOD, then why in Isaiah 11:2-3 did GOD put the spirit of fearing GOD in Jesus? Jesus fear God and you fear Jesus
-----------
If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:30 did Jesus tell his followers that he can't do a single thing of his own initiative? Jesus is not most powerful that can do all thing on his own
-----------
If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:36 did Jesus say that GOD had assigned him (Jesus) work and GOD is a witness on Jesus? Jesus work for God
------------
If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:37 did Jesus tell his followers that they have never seen GOD at anytime nor ever heard his voice? Thousands see Jesus and thousand heard his voice and even question him
------------
If Jesus was GOD, then why did he pray to his GOD in Luke 5:16? That shows they are not equal,i will cont praying to God like Jesus bcus am his follower
-----------
If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 26:39 did Jesus fall on his face and prayed to his GOD?

I Know you Love Jesus and i Love him also but stop showing blind Love with exageration.

I called my wife Angel because i love her so much but that does not mean that i will go any lenght to defend her as Angel
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Geewan(m): 8:10am On Mar 16, 2013
^^^

People are not interested in the truth but in winning an argument. That was why I had to back out of this argument. Imaging someone saying Allah doesn't mean God when it is clearly stated in the bible.
I love Jesus (Isa, PBUH) as well but not to the extent of calling him God or worst still defending that position.
You need not say more. Those who want to hear, let them hear!
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 16, 2013
"Jesus answered, 'You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.'"

"'What is truth?' Pilate asked."

(John 18:37-38, NIV)
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 16, 2013
A kingdom has NO two KINGS just ONE....food for thot.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 16, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

Rather the gospel of Mathew gives vivid account that Jesus is the Messiah, the eternal King.

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world." (1 John 4:1-3)
Since you reject the Deity of Christ the bible labels you a false prophet with the spirit of the antichrist.

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
[quote[b] author=Bidam]Rather the gospel of Mathew gives vivid account that Jesus is the Messiah, the eternal King.

"Dear f[/b]riends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world." (1 John 4:1-3)
Since you reject the Deity of Christ the bible labels you a false prophet with the spirit of the antichrist.[/quote]

Jesus is not Almighty GOD , he is the Son of GOD.

Stop this catholic trinity nonsense.

"With whom will you compare me or count me equal? To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?" - Isaiah 46:5
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus is not Almighty GOD , he is the Son of GOD.

Stop this catholic trinity nonsense.
And what do you understand by the Son of GOD? Is He created? show me scriptural proof...or was He Begotten...
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by wazobiaforu(m): 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2013
Bidam: And what do you understand by the Son of GOD? Is He created? show me scriptural proof...or was He Begotten...

Wait wait wait!!! BIDAM what is your point? Do you mean Jesus christ is ALMIGHTY GOD?
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

Wait wait wait!!! BIDAM what is your point? Do you mean Jesus christ is ALMIGHTY GOD?
He is God that was made manifest in the flesh as the Son.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by ghazzal: 4:27pm On Mar 17, 2013
Bidam: He is God that was made manifest in the flesh as the Son.
but he does not know?
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
ghazzal:
but he does not know?
Jesus Christ told His disciples in John 14:6-7, "... I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him." Then in verse 8 Philip said, "... Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us." But Jesus Christ replied in verse 9-10, "... Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? ...."
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by enilove(m): 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
Bidam: And what do you understand by the Son of GOD? Is He created? show me scriptural proof...or was He Begotten...

I dont know why people like you have decided to interprete the bible upside down when you can read and understand. Satan can use anybody to bring confusion to the body of Christ.

Biblical reference you need to believe Jesus was bigotten are these:

Prov 8:22-35 "The Lord POSSESED me in d bigining of his way,b4 his works of old.I was SET UP from from everlasting ,from d bigining or ever the earth was.When there were no depths,I WAS BROUGHT FORTH;when there were no fountains abounding with water.
B4 d miuntains were settled,b4 d hills was I BROUGHT forth: While as yet he had not made d earth,nor d fields,nor the highest part of d dust of d world.When he prepared d heavens,I was there:when he set a COMPASS upon d face of d deapth: When he established d clouds above:when he gave to d sea his decree,that d waters should not pass his comandmt:when he appointed d foundations of d earth:when he appointed d foundatn of d earth:Then I was by him,as one BROUGHT up with him:and I was daily his DELIGHT (This is my only begotten son in whom I am well pleased),REJOICING always before him;REJOICING in the habitable part of his earth;and my delights were with the sons of men.Now therefore,hearken unto me ,O ye children:for blessed are they that keep my ways.Hear instructiob,& be wise,and refuse it not.Blessed is d man that heareth me ,watching daily at my gates;waiting at the post of my doors.For whoso findeth me findeth LIFE and shall obtain favour of d Lord But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul:ALL THEY THAT HATE ME LOVE DEATH".

Matt 3:16-17 "And Jesus,when he was baptised,went up straightway out of the water: and,lo,the heavens were opened unto him,and he saw the Spirit of God descended like a dove, and lighting upon him:And lo a voice from heaven,saying,This is my beloved son,in whom I am well pleased."

Matt 17:5"
Mark 1:11" And there came a voice from heaven,saying,Thou art my beloved Son;in whom I am well pleased."

2 Peter 1:17 " For he received from God the Father honour and glory,when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory,This is my beloved Son,in whom I am well pleased."

There too many verses in bible where Jesus told us that he has a Father in heaven.
He even said that his Father is greater than him.John 10:28.

Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in temple of my GOD. and I will write upon him the name of my GOD,& the name of the city of my GOD,which is the new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my GOD:and I will write upon him my new NAME.

Rev3:21 " To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne,even as I also overcame,and am set down WITH MY FATHER IN HIS THRONE.

We do not need interpreters to know the meaning of "I and my Father are one." It is the same as ,"a man and his wife are one"

I and my Father ARE one, is not the same as , I with my father IS one.

Jesus told us in plain language that he has a Father in heaven.
In the book of Revelation, when Jesus got to heaven,he still confirmed it in Rev.3:12 & Rev 3:21 that he has a God.

Prov 8:22 above shows clearly that Jesus was created by God.Even the book of Revelation.

There are many people who quote the bible ,but are satanist, trying to create confusion for those who have not yet know the Lord Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 2:52am On Mar 18, 2013
Can there be a god without a goddess ?
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 5:31am On Mar 18, 2013
enilove:

I dont know why people like you have decided to interprete the bible upside down when you can read and understand. Satan can use anybody to bring confusion to the body of Christ.
Pls try and address issues and stop trading blames or going personal..This is a forum not your Church.Correct me if i am wrong but i think the Op queshion is Where in the bible did Jesus mentioned He is God and NOT where in the Bible Jesus mentioned He is God almighty.YOU are yet to address that issue i have quoted verses to validate Jesus statements BUT instead you went rambling about satanists etc...etc ..even Muslims do not believe in the Deity of CHRIST just like the Jews and some cult christian groups so am NOT surprised with your aggression here PLEASE SIR YOU HAVE NOT YET ANSWERED MY QUESTION: SHOW ME SCRIPTURAL EVIDENCE WHERE JESUS WAS CREATED BY GOD.. GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU DO SO IN LOVE AND HUMILITY.THANKS
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 18, 2013
enilove:

There are many people who quote the bible ,but are satanist, trying to create confusion for those who have not yet know the Lord Jesus.

Let scripture SPEAK for itself..."Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."—1 Corinthians 1:24.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

2 John 1:7

New International Version (©2011)
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son.

"The Word was God, and the Word was with God." "All things were made by him, and without him was not any thing made that was made." The pillars of the earth were placed in their everlasting sockets by the omnipotent right hand of Christ;

Light reveals truth; therefore people who want to put out the light of truth are those who want to do their wicked deeds concealed by the cover of darkness.

"This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." (John 3:19-21, NIV)
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by ghazzal: 8:54am On Mar 18, 2013
Bidam: Let scripture SPEAK for itself..."Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."—1 Corinthians 1:24.
I read that Paul wrote this book as a letter, If his past is really questionable, i dont see reason why he should be so trusted. not even when his naration of his encounter has more than one version. A right thinking man will have questions to whatever is read in this letter.... Question of trust.

Bidam: John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_John
Dont just say John wrote this book, please prove that He wrote it. IF there is a contradictory opinion, we have to straighten things out to become clear. Thats what makes the Humans Man.

2 John 1:7

New International Version (©2011)
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son.

"The Word was God, and the Word was with God." "All things were made by him, and without him was not any thing made that was made." The pillars of the earth were placed in their everlasting sockets by the omnipotent right hand of Christ;

Light reveals truth; therefore people who want to put out the light of truth are those who want to do their wicked deeds concealed by the cover of darkness.

[b]"This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." (John 3:19-21, NIV)
could this be truesadThere is also some evidence that John might not have written the "Book of John" and it was wrongly attributed to him) if there are evidence, then they need to be disproved.

"The Gospel of John developed over a period of time in various stages,[26] summarized by Raymond E. Brown as follows:[27]

1.An initial version based on personal experience of Jesus;
2.A structured literary creation by the evangelist which draws upon additional sources;
3.The final harmony that presently exists in the New Testament canon, around 85-90 AD.[28]
In view of this complex and multi-layered history it is meaningless to speak of a single "author" of John, but the title perhaps belongs best to the evangelist who came at the end of this process.[29] The final composition's comparatively late date, and its insistence upon Jesus as a divine being walking the earth in human form, renders it highly problematical to scholars who attempt to evaluate Jesus' life in terms of literal historical truth"

Dont just say John wrote this book, please prove that He wrote it. IF there is a contradictory opinion, we have to straighten things out to become clear. Thats what makes the Humans Man.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by wazobiaforu(m): 4:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
Bidam: He is God that was made manifest in the flesh as the Son.
----__---- plz let me have a base to my arguement with you and dont try to twist it.
I have heard you that Jesus is God,i think you mean god
My question is: is Jesus ALMIGHTY GOD? ELEDUMARE/OLOHUN(in yoruba)
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2013
ghazzal: I read that Paul wrote this book as a letter, If his past is really questionable, i dont see reason why he should be so trusted. not even when his naration of his encounter has more than one version. A right thinking man will have questions to whatever is read in this letter.... Question of trust.

could this be truesadThere is also some evidence that John might not have written the "Book of John" and it was wrongly attributed to him) if there are evidence, then they need to be disproved.

"The Gospel of John developed over a period of time in various stages,[26] summarized by Raymond E. Brown as follows:[27]

1.An initial version based on personal experience of Jesus;
2.A structured literary creation by the evangelist which draws upon additional sources;
3.The final harmony that presently exists in the New Testament canon, around 85-90 AD.[28]
In view of this complex and multi-layered history it is meaningless to speak of a single "author" of John, but the title perhaps belongs best to the evangelist who came at the end of this process.[29] The final composition's comparatively late date, and its insistence upon Jesus as a divine being walking the earth in human form, renders it highly problematical to scholars who attempt to evaluate Jesus' life in terms of literal historical truth"

The debate is not about who wrote what...it is actually about where in the bible did Jesus mentioned He is God....except you want to open a thread for that, thanks.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
ifeness: Can there be a god without a goddess ?
Asexual reproduction is NOT a spiritual principle. thanks
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
wazobia_for_u:
----__---- plz let me have a base to my arguement with you and dont try to twist it.
I have heard you that Jesus is God,i think you mean god
My question is: is Jesus ALMIGHTY GOD? ELEDUMARE/OLOHUN(in yoruba)
Jesus is a MIGHTY GOD but NOT GOD ALMIGHTY. ...men are gods..even satan is the god of this world...the difference between Jesus and mortal men is that HE IS SINLESS...HE CAME TO SAVE MEN FROM THE POWER OF SIN...thanks.
“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the
Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
I Timothy 3:16
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by udatso: 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
enilove: If your fathers name is "Yakubu Olajuwon". And the saw name is "Olajuwon",are you not "Olajuwon" also?If your own name is Taiwo,people will call you "Taiwo Olajuwon".You can be refered to ,anywhere as "Olajuwon".Not only do you answer your fathers name,you also inherit his blood and genes too.The DNA test can be conducted to verify if truly you are the son of Yakubu Olajuwon.

A young lion is a lion.
A son of God is God.
God is the title of the Supreme creator of all flesh and the universe.
Jesus said "My father and I are one.If his father is a God,then he is a God too.
A husband and his wife are one,it will not be wrong to call her "mrs the husband's name",like mrs Olajuwon.
If you are walking on the road with your wife, and you introduce yourself to a stranger as Kunle and say "this is my wife",at another time d stranger would call ur wife mrs Kunle, because the two of you are one.

Lets read in the bible where Jesus calls himself God:

In John 10:25-37.Jesus answered them,"I told u ,and ye believe not:the works that I do in my fathers name,they ,they bear witness of me.But ye believe me not,because ye are not of my sheep,as I said unto you.My sheep hear my voice and I know them,& they follow me:And I give unto them eternal life:and they shall never perish,neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.My Father,which gave them me ,is greater than all; & no man is able to pluck them out of my Fathers hand.I and my Father are one.
verse 31 - 38 .Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.Jesus said "Many good works have I showed you from my Father ;for which of those works do ye stone me? The jews answered him, for a good work we stone thee not ;but for blashhemy;and because thou BEING A MAN MAKEST THYSELF GOD.Jesus answered them "Is it not written I said YE ARE gods? If he called them gods ,unto whom the word of God came ,and d scripture cannot be broken;say ye of him,whom the Father hath sanctified,and sent into the world,'Thou blashphemest; because I said I AM THE SON OF GOD?If I do not the works of my father ,believe me not.

From the above scripture ,u can see where Jesus said that, he is the son of God.and the pharasees concluded that as a man Jesus was telling them that he is a god by saying he is the son of God in heaven.

A young lion is a lion.
If God could call d Israelites gods ( created in Gods image),Jesus Christ who had no earthly father is a higher god,but not God the Father.

The muslims are serving a different God that is different from the God that called Jesus Christ, His son, and gave him power to heal the sick ,open the eyes of the blind,raised the dead and commanded the sea to be calm ,and the sea obeyed. The quran said it was not Jesus Christ that was crucified on the cross.The God that sent Jesus Christ said 'one man one wife',but the god that called Muhammed said more than one wife.
So writing things and miracles of Jesus in the quran does not mean that they believe him,neither are the two books from the same God.God is not a confusionist.

The birth of Jesus was through the holy spirit, if the holy spirit is the Spirit of God,who then is his Father if not God.If the blood that was flowing inside Jesus was of the Holy spirit,because DNA test can not link him to any earthly father,then his is a son of God,and has the attributes of his father,God Almighty.That was why he could raised Lazarus that was dead for 4 days back to life.

Jesus does not need to say categorically again that he is god.God himself called the israelites gods. The title God is not as important as the relationship btw Jesus and God his father.God said in the bible "thou shall not worship other gods beside me".
God is a title ,and it is the same as "Alpha and Omega".
Revelation 1:8, Jesus Christ calls himself the "Alpha and the Omega".

God is a title,and Jesus has what it takes to bear the title ,by virtue of his birth.

Thanks
Hahaahahahah...very funny post...son of lion is a lion bla bla bla.......anyway, I would love to prove u wrong abt that logically but I wd rada prove u wrong in other points u raised from ur bible.
Its true God is not a confusionist like u said trying to say that both books can't b from God if they say different things...mayb u are evn going too far comparing the bible and the qur'an my dear. We know that bible is a compilation of different books written by men who were inspired by God. I want to list some verses down and I want you to tell me hu inspired these men?
if we read, in
Ezra 2: 65, it says…There
were 200 singing men and women -
Nehemiah7: 67…‘There
were 245 singing men and women.’ Were
they 200 - or were they 245 singing men and
women? Context is the same - A
mathematical contradiction.
It is mentioned in the 2nd Kings 24: 8,
that…‘Jehoiachin was 18 years old, when he
began to reign Jerusalem, and he reigned for 3 months and 10 days. 2nd Chronicles36:9, says that…‘Jehoiachin
was 8 years old when he began to reign and
he reigned for 3 months, 10 days. Was
Jehoiachin 18 years when he began to reign,
or was he 8 years old? Did he reign for 3
months, or did he reign for 3 months 10
days?
it also mentioned in the 1st
Kings 7:26, that…‘In
Solomon’s temple, in his molten sea, he had
2000 baths. In 2nd Chronicles 4: 5, he had 3000 baths. Did he have
2000 baths or did he have 3000 baths? –furthermore it is mentioned in the First Kings15: 33, that… ‘Basha, he died in the
26th year of reign of Asa.’ And 2nd
Chronicles16: 1, says
that…‘Basha invaded Judah in the 36th years
of the reign of Asa.’ How can Basha invade
10 years after his death? - ...my brother. Handle the contradictions and confussions in the bible first before you try to compare it with the holy qur'an

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People / What To Do When A Fellow Christian Falls Into Sin / Negro Atheists, Show Me Your Works!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.