Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! (39610 Views)

10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive / 10 Comical Nigerian Superstitious Beliefs / Some Superstitious Beliefs In A Typical Nigerian Traditional Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mukina2: 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2008
ahah me ar wan go dey tiday tiday sef tongue type enitin u wan for o grin na culture thread,

lol ok i go dey luk for you grin me sef wan ask plenti tin sef .

sontem ar sabi u sef cool

lol ok grin i nor lek TV kiss
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by samyyoung1(m): 10:51pm On Mar 18, 2008
time 2 sleep,
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mukina2: 11:07pm On Mar 18, 2008
ashes must not be thrown at night it attracts witches grin

you must not sweep at night it gathers all the luck grin
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by Gamine(f): 11:20pm On Mar 18, 2008
In sec sch, we were told not to look in the mirror at night
or when its dark
that a witch would slap you through the mirror lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by topkin(m): 11:23pm On Mar 18, 2008
~ If you kill a wall gecko your house will collapse
~ If your left palm itches you, you'll encouner a problem where you'll spend so much
~ If your right palm itches you, good fortune is coming your way soon

bla bla bla  grin
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mukina2: 11:27pm On Mar 18, 2008
grin
you must not throw groundnut peels on the floor or when witches pass by ,they will take u along grin because it's believed that groundnut peel is their means of transportation grin
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by Gamine(f): 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2008
Dont comb ur hair at night or put lotion on ur body,
you would turn to a mammy water when you sleep lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by Piechart(f): 11:36pm On Mar 18, 2008
dont step on nylon bags floating around on the street: they are really mini-markets for witches

dont whistle at night

putting a piece of a broomstick in your hair will cure hiccups grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by Gamine(f): 11:45pm On Mar 18, 2008
Dont pick up food that has fallen on the floor
because Satan has already eaten it! shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by robby1(m): 12:13am On Mar 19, 2008
@ mohawk chick, i tried that itchy palm on fore head stuff and i ended up getting a gift insted of money. cheesy
Have i discovered something new lol
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mohawkchic(f): 12:32am On Mar 19, 2008
~You dont say shocked grin~

~Whaay to Go r_o_b_b_y, we ave to share tongue~

~I'd like to think >> Yes!! you ave discovered a new Thing,one that Remarkably puts a smile on Ur face always!!

~Enjoy it!! grin
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mohawkchic(f): 12:35am On Mar 19, 2008
~Munika2,ave defo heard of the groundnut peels on the floor,wen i was in F/town,wenever i bought boiled groundnuts,i'll gather all the peels N throw em away,i even double checked to make sure i dont ave any peels lying around,that witchcraft connection scars me shitless,especially after "Adama witchman story " LMAO!! embarassed
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by TCUBE(m): 8:10am On Mar 19, 2008
anytime its raining and the sun is out , it means that the turtle just gave birth, what grin
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mohawkchic(f): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2008
anytime its raining and the sun is out , it means that the turtle just gave birth, what grin[quote][/quote]

~Lol ave heard its the Baboon that Is giving birth wenever its raining N the sun is peeking out grin

Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by Gamine(f): 7:39pm On Mar 19, 2008
I heard it was Elephants!
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mukina2: 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2008
mohawkchic:

~Munika2,ave defo heard of the groundnut peels on the floor,when i was in F/town,wenever i bought boiled groundnuts,i'll gather all the peels N throw em away,i even double checked to make sure i don't ave any peels lying around,that witchcraft connection scars me shitless,especially after "Adama witchman story " LMAO!! embarassed

lol you too grin my cousin used to do that well grin she;ll sweep and sweep sweep grin

TCUBE:

anytime its raining and the sun is out , it means that the turtle just gave birth, what grin

Gamine:

I heard it was Elephants!

like mohawk i heard its the Baboons grin

Mohawk you remember this line " rain dey cam, san dey cam babu dey born pikin na bush" grin grin

@ topic
ifyou see lots of ants at your doorstep you are expecting someone you havnt seen is ages grin

- if a bumble bee flies closer to you , same thing grin
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mohawkchic(f): 12:18pm On Mar 20, 2008
Mohawk you remember this line " rain dey cam, san dey cam babu dey born pikin na bush" grin grin
[/quote]

~LOL  grin You beat me to it,i was goona ask you the same!! cheesy,

~I use to sing it as a kid wenever it happens!!

- if a bumble bee flies closer to you , same thing grin[quote]

~Yeah,ave heard of this too!! N actually believe it,b/c it Just soOo happened a bumble bee ave flown around me or someone i know N before the day ends,there's bound to be someone at the doorstep i avent seen for dunks!!

~Weird!!
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mohawkchic(f): 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2008
~A child shudnt see her mother in a wedding dress >> Or she'll die!!! shocked wut a load of BS cheesy
~A new born baby's hair shudnt stay on his head till his first birthday>> beats me Y undecided
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by bank2112(f): 6:04pm On Mar 22, 2008
Try this

when u ve a broken tooth, throw it on the roof and pray a big red Gecko lizard swallows it

when u ve a sore throat, wake up in d morning and go to a crack in the wall, and breath into it 7 times without talking to any one.
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mohawkchic(f): 8:58pm On Mar 22, 2008
~LOL @ Bank2112 Now thats wut i call Very Funny grin

~Here R Some More I Remember

~You shudnt buy Perfume/Shoes for Ur B/F >>You'll break Up
~Dont Put shoes on the table >>Dunno Y
~See A fallin star>> make a wish N It Will Come True
~If You N Someone same the same words at the same time,>>> Where i come from we say "Die Before i do" shocked Weird huh grin
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mukina2: 9:05pm On Mar 22, 2008
lol grin

when ants enter into ur ear you will go deaf grin

if you see an army of soldier ants ,a funeral is on the way grin

if black hawks cries from anywhere with its beak on a particular house , someone will die there grin
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mohawkchic(f): 9:12pm On Mar 22, 2008
~LOL been lookin for You Mukina2 grin

~The List Is Endless on Beliefs N Superstitions,every time i read a post am not familiar w/ am like HUh shocked

Mukina2 i need info on how to cook Benachin, grin is there a special ingridient?got some recipes off Google,check profile for addy N please get back to me,Ty,ave asked a friend of mine to cook it for me,but i want to make sure she's got everything cheesy kiss
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2008
when you sneeze,it means someone is calling your name shocked
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mohawkchic(f): 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2008
when you sneeze,it means someone is calling your name shocked[quote][/quote]

~Lol nwando,i heard wen you sneeze your breath stops,thats Y we say "Bless YOU" so God restores our breath grin shocked
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mukina2: 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2008
haha at the breath stop grin grin

mohawkchic:

~LOL been lookin for You Mukina2 grin

~The List Is Endless on Beliefs N Superstitions,every time i read a post am not familiar w/ am like HUh shocked

Mukina2 i need info on how to cook Benachin, grin is there a special ingridient?got some recipes off Google,check profile for addy N please get back to me,Ty,ave asked a friend of mine to cook it for me,but i want to make sure she's got everything cheesy kiss

lol ok . wink i go send am for you cheesy . ar nor sabi cook o grin tongue
nothing really special . cheesy
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mohawkchic(f): 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2008
~Lord ave mercy,You worse pass me eh Mukina2 grin lipsrsealed

~Here was me thinking,am goona ask you,b/c almost everyone i know who's stayed/lived in The Gambia knows how to cook it!!

~Any Gambians in the House grin? NangaDeaf grin

~Ave checked the food section too,no luck!! bugger!!

~e don tay way ah wan eat Benachin OOh,me mot day wator sef grin
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by 4Play(m): 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2008
You want to cook Benachin? I know how to cook it,a friend of mine showed me way back.Its quite tasty.I'm always eager to pick up things from other cultures.Love to broaden my culinary skills.
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mukina2: 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2008
4 Play:

You want to cook Benachin? I know how to cook it,a friend of mine showed me way back.Its quite tasty.I'm always eager to pick up things from other cultures.Love to broaden my culinary skills.

run from him o grin grin

@ Mohawk
will email it to you in a min was just joking wink
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mohawkchic(f): 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2008
~4Play Pls Emali me ASAP, Ty kiss
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mukina2: 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2008
Mohawk
u wan get run belle? grin

please please o grin 4play eh grin

already sent you smiley
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by 4Play(m): 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2008
@Mohawk

I can see Mukina is going to send you the recipe I showed her. wink

@Muki

So after I don teach you finish,you come here dey pretend say you sabi before? Ingrate,next time,I won't show you any of my recipes.
Re: Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! by mukina2: 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2008
4 Play:

@Mohawk

I can see Mukina is going to send you the recipe I showed her. wink

@Muki

So after I don teach you finish,you come here dey pretend say you sabi before? Ingrate,next time,I won't show you any of my recipes.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

u nor well grin

u sabi cook anything ? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Masquerade Wearing Lord’s Chosen Church’s Overalls in Anambra State / Ojora Of Lagos, Oba Fatai Aremu Marries A New Wife (Photos, Video) / Delta Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.