Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,747 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer (8792 Views)

Do I Really Need An Antivirus For Windows 8.1? / Top Ten Best Antivirus In The World / Best Antivirus To Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by femi4: 9:13am On May 20, 2013
elvymoore: @googlepikin.i will keep sayin it, AVG doesnt ve any product that can start nw and end in 2018.we also dont have keys for 145,000 users.the hacked key(8MEH-RGHD3-XXXXX-SXPWA-PDNML-9EMBR-ACED) which u re using and selling is illegal and is not in AVG database.u dnt even need to hide it bc we are clamping down on keys like that.so no need to hide.

@all.dont use hacked keys.its not good for ur security.buy genuine and legal licenses.mind u any key or license that u didnt register and activate with ur details is fake.imagine somebody saying he has AVG key that last for six years where AVG doesnt have 6 year licenses.AVG doesnt have 145,000 user keys too, so beware.buy genuine softwares.AVG internet security original software packs(2user for 1year) doesnt cost more than 2,000 naira.

FACTS
1.if u want to verify that ur key is genuine and recognised by AVG, go to www.avg.com/registration, on the license box there input ur key,then from the response u get from the AVG server u will know ur stand.if ur license is genuine and in AVG database u will get this message "Thank you for your registration. Your AVG License/Sales Number has already been registered in our database.
If you feel that you have received this message in error, kindly contact our Customer Services".

On the otherhand, if u are using fake keys like the ones that lasts for 6years as so said,u will get this error message "You have entered an incorrect License/Sales number, please try again. If you have received your License Number in electronic format, we recommend that you use the "copy and paste" function to insert the number in the space provided.Field 'License or Sales Number' is invalid. Invalid data.
i dont need to talk too much on that.try what i said urself and dont be deceived.some hackers may be prying on u and u think u are smart.for more clarifications am available to answer ur questions.thanks
You dont get the point of googlepikin, He never said that his key is original.
The point is that the key works.
AVG is not and will not be the first antivirus to be cracked
90 percent of microsoft products used by Nigerians are not original, and YES they work perfectly like the Original

Using of crack softwares is illegal, but my guy, THEY WORK WONDERS!!!
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 20, 2013
femi4: You dont get the point of googlepikin, He never said that his key is original.
The point is that the key works.
AVG is not and will not be the first antivirus to be cracked
90 percent of microsoft products used by Nigerians are not original, and YES they work perfectly like the Original

Using of crack softwares is illegal, but my guy, THEY WORK WONDERS!!!
phew thank you very much Femi, b4 I downloaded dis AVG my pc was a mess cos my license key to the previous anti virus expired. everything was just going wrong with my pc (hanging every 2 minutes) until I got dis AVG to my system it detected hundreds of viruses dat would have crippled my laptop and everything. Was removed successfully. I'm now enjoying my laptop speed again. My uncle uses Norton anti-virus I did the installation for him and its one year license N4,500.my cuzin uses the same Norton anti virus downloaded from the internet to expire in the year 2017. We compared the two anti virus to see if there is any difference, my brother its not a joke on my uncles own its showing that his own will expire in 283 days time while my cuzins own is saying it will expire in 4years time. Everything about the functionality are the same no difference. On my own AVG my brother inserted his old flash drive into my laptop and it detected 8 harmful viruses and it asked me if I want to remove them I clicked ok. And the flash was cleaned up. If its protecting my PC like dis why should I complain, I mean if my AVG doesn't take care of my PC, who will?
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by elvymoore: 6:45pm On May 20, 2013
D fake Avg may b takin care of ur pc but not in a way a genuine licensed one wil do. U can keep usin it if u so wish but sellin fake keys to people wich can b blocked anytime is bad.it spoils d reputation & brand d company has built ova d years. Avg grants real updates to genuine users wit keys registered in dia database. Avg too warns dt usin cracked keys can put ur pc in danger. Dt its workin 4u nw doesnt mean u re nt in a seriour danger. A bad tyre can be workin 4d user but dt doesnt mean dt d driver is not in for a great danger bc d tyre must burst one day
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by Tonero2162: 12:57pm On May 21, 2013
elvymoore: D fake Avg may b takin care of ur pc but not in a way a genuine licensed one wil do. U can keep usin it if u so wish but sellin fake keys to people wich can b blocked anytime is bad.it spoils d reputation & brand d company has built ova d years. Avg grants real updates to genuine users wit keys registered in dia database. Avg too warns dt usin cracked keys can put ur pc in danger. Dt its workin 4u nw doesnt mean u re nt in a seriour danger. A bad tyre can be workin 4d user but dt doesnt mean dt d driver is not in for a great danger bc d tyre must burst one day
Oboi 4get dat tin AVG is the best whether cracked key or not. U just want us to patronise ur so called geniun key. It won't work cos i'm enjoying my 8MEH keys.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by elvymoore: 7:17pm On May 21, 2013
@tonero.pls dont buy 4rm me.i dont deal wit customers like u.my main aim is that AVG as a brand doesnt need bad reputation been spread by people sellin fake keys and jeopardising security of people who trust in AVG. Such people are the the people that my posts are meant for.we have gone far to achieve this.thanks
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 22, 2013
elvymoore: @tonero.pls dont buy 4rm me.i dont deal wit customers like u.my main aim is that AVG as a brand doesnt need bad reputation been spread by people sellin fake keys and jeopardising security of people who trust in AVG. Such people are the the people that my posts are meant for.we have gone far to achieve this.thanks
i have asked so many people that hav been using cracked AVG for the past 4 years, they said they have never encounter any problem with it. So why do you want me to be paying you N 4,500 for anti virus every year. Why why why. Na you get AVG ? Guy forget that your software business cos e no go work for dis Naija wey e dey so. I've been using cracked and activated windows 7 ultimate for years now with no problem people like you will want me to buy it for N36k, why why why. Oyinbos are making their money from their US , EUROPE, SOUTH AMERICA and ASIA MARKETS where there is money. Not in dis part of the world , no way will I buy any software above N1,000. I download full version softwares for my own satisfaction with no wahala. Its like someone selling slice bread and discouraging me not to eat agege bread, dude eat your own make I eat my own. Full stop••
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by delawal: 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2013
@all.all said and done,its d best policy to use genuine softwares especially when it comes to security softwares.a landlord cannot employ a dubious or questionable gateman to guard his house.q.e.d
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by mcdokwe(m): 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
Based on the ones i've used, eset smart security will be it any day
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by delawal: 11:44am On Jun 08, 2013
avg is my pride.it automaticaly scans any usb plugged in ur pc witout ur notice or command. .bt i use genuine copy
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by akereconfi: 8:49am On Sep 08, 2013
NORTON is still the BEST...........in terms of spyware,keylogger and the rest. norton is up to the task, Wonder why u cant get free license for norton online unlike all these AVG and bit defender that their serials are all over the web......NORTON always come as ur default anti virus on ur PC when u buy it. Abi u think say Oyibo no know why dem put norton there??
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by lasgidi4rv: 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2013
Here goes my own experience...almost three yrs ago I had ordered online from Microsoft the original MS ESSENTIALS valid for two yrs (paid about 80-100 dollars cant remeber). By the time I got to sch last yr, still with a year to go my system crashed.
I then bought Kapersky internet security 2013 based on my brother's recommendation. He is an IT officer at a bank.
It has served me well. I should add that my sis has avg and it cleared a flash I had until my system which had Kapersky detected virus threats.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by elvymoore: 7:16am On Sep 10, 2013
@akere.that norton comes with some new systems is just a marketing strategy nah.so it doesnt add up.mind u toshiba laptops come wit mcafee preinstalled so in that case will u say that mcafee na d best.

@lasgidi. AVG works best if u re using genuine version and not all thee cracke versions online.

@all. desist from using hacks and crack. AVG warns that if u use such ur protection is not guaranteed. also know that d paid version has some features which d free one doesnt have.

Good News: The AVG 2014 is out. u can download from avg.com/downloads/ For ur genuine licenses u can contact me @ 08035491881.

price= N1,500

dont go for less.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by delawal: 4:58am On Oct 09, 2013
Panadol dt is fake wnt act lke a panadol so is an antivirus dt is cracked.b wise and learn.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by victorious1986: 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
am an active nerd. i've experimented with most of these anti-viruses. that earns me the right to comment. Avast is asuming the role of Admin. cos u re runing a very deadly sofware. time will nt permit me to give u facts abt all the anti-viruses. but just this:
FACT
Avast would remove the setup file frm ur sofware wen the sofware is runin a malware..spyware etc. Most softwares have embedded programs that can create a backdoor for hackers. This is wen avast 8 comes in. It acts fast by removing the containts of problem(setup) u are safe with avast.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by kiddie(m): 11:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
victorious1986: am an active nerd. i've experimented with most of these anti-viruses. that earns me the right to comment. Avast is asuming the role of Admin. cos u re runing a very deadly sofware. time will nt permit me to give u facts abt all the anti-viruses. but just this:
FACT
Avast would remove the setup file frm ur sofware wen the sofware is runin a malware..spyware etc. Most softwares have embedded programs that can create a backdoor for hackers. This is wen avast 8 comes in. It acts fast by removing the containts of problem(setup) u are safe with avast.
true fact avg eats up space ram and memory i once used avg and also avg pc tuneup wich crashed my pc first it ate up my ram sooo badly 2 dat pc tuneup of a thing crashed my system restore and again avg doesnt support silent gaming mode it has this rudeness of just popping up and interfering with anytin you are working on till i got avast 8 premier it supports silent gaming mode i intentionally downloaded a virus but immediately deleted it cos of its strong firewall it support browser cleanup it has sandboxie which is da best tin i love.most with others avg is just trash
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 12, 2013
With what have being reading since, can't even pin point the exact best Antivirus from all the comments as the Op priorly Asked........so what're You guys saying is the Best Now...?? But it's like i'll rather go with what Mr. dele once said that microsoft extension is the best in saving oneself from all these crack and nor crack palava
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by oaroloye(m): 11:44am On Oct 12, 2013
The best Antivirus of all time is called LINUX!
Like magic, LINUX will TOTALLY KILL every Virus you could ever get! LINUX is THAT powerful, you see, and, and....
(*Um,* I'm not getting away with this at all, am I....?)
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by femi4: 12:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
oaroloye: The best Antivirus of all time is called LINUX!
Like magic, LINUX will TOTALLY KILL every Virus you could ever get! LINUX is THAT powerful, you see, and, and....
(*Um,* I'm not getting away with this at all, am I....?)
Stop!!! Linux is not an antivirus
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by elvymoore: 7:49am On Oct 13, 2013
People complainin abt avg may not be using d genuine copies. Avg works best so some oda antiviruses. So desist frm usin such ones dt they tell u will expire in 20yrs time. Try d avg 2014. As an authorised reseller I must tell u its worth it.avg 2014 @ 1,500. Money back guaranteed if u aint impressed after purchase
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by Job5050: 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by mikron(m): 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
avalanchexxx:
Norton Internet Security is still number 1 in the world. its efficient and light. Read more and download : Norton Internet Security .. download
because it works very well for you doesn't make it the number 1 in the world. For now bitdefender total security is the best going by the current rating on Google. Though I use avg anti-virus
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by mikron(m): 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
Ebestsmscom:

So people can be this funny, it's like one newbie in computer village has told you some rubbish.

Norton number 1, who told you the trash.

Bit Defender is the leading security in the planet.
abeg help me tell him
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by mikron(m): 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
lilslick:
i prefer smadAV.. it can work with any other anti virus... i combined it with AVG on my PC... no way for Virus
same here. The best combination
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by mikron(m): 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2015
kiddie:

true fact avg eats up space ram and memory i once used avg and also avg pc tuneup wich crashed my pc first it ate up my ram sooo badly 2 dat pc tuneup of a thing crashed my system restore and again avg doesnt support silent gaming mode it has this rudeness of just popping up and interfering with anytin you are working on till i got avast 8 premier it supports silent gaming mode i intentionally downloaded a virus but immediately deleted it cos of its strong firewall it support browser cleanup it has sandboxie which is da best tin i love.most with others avg is just trash
u call avg trash? Then u never used the avg I know
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by kiddie(m): 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
mikron:
u call avg trash? Then u never used the avg I know
U wld knw its trash wen u use it on a 2gb ram memory
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by mikron(m): 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
kiddie:

U wld knw its trash wen u use it on a 2gb ram memory
OK. But even at that I don't think avg is trash. I installed it in my landlady's daughter's 1gig ram lappy and it works well. Though I used a 4gig ram lappy
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by babafunny(m): 5:40am On Feb 28, 2016
Avg free download for mobile, your best security tool against any form of malware. Avg Free Download, no avg activation code, protect your mobile, SD cards. For more details, follow the link below
http://www.techvaid.com/avg-free-download-antivirus-avg-free-download-for-android-and-more/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just How Fast Is Etisalat's Easyblaze? / HSPA USB Modem Not Connecting With Glo Line. Help!!!!!!! >> Solved(Updated) / Hp Probook 4530s Motherboard Urgently Needed,see Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.