Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) (51809 Views)

2015: El-rufai Exposes Scandalous Leaked Document Of PDP ‘plan B’ / Document Of Governors Backing Jang As NGF Chairman / Nigeria's Amalgamation Expires In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by eldoradoxx: 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
I love Nigeria, united as one. God never makes a mistake.God formed Nigeria to be one as no region can stand alone and surive for long. So we are not a mistake neither are we the only ethnically and religiously heterrogenous people that were forged into a nation. All we need is to build a truly united nation where things work, promote unity and understand our differences. I think that the biggest issue we have as a nation is absence of true federalism. There is more pressure to control the Centre by each region today and that is where our frictions start as a people. This is because unlike what pure federal principles entail,our federal structure is more of unitary system with over concentration of power and resources at the centre thereby attracting pressure of control. If we begin to run a pure federal system, Nigeria will automatically grow and develop as the states will become the core centre of attraction and developments since it generates it revenues and determines the best principle of development to pure. Cross River will generte revenue soley from tourism and develop the state, Nassarawa from solid minerals, Delta from oil n gas, Enugu from coal, Anambra , Abia , Lagos, Kano from industry and commerce, Niger from hydropower, Pleteau,Benue,Taraba, sokoto etc from commercial agriculture. That is how a nation grows and avoid frictions, not by monthly revenue allocation from oil.

1 Like

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Igbogadi(m): 12:31pm On Feb 21, 2013
Let us all go online and ask the expert about amalgamated at http://www.radiobiafralondononline.com/

Radio Biafra next LIVE broadcast is TONIGHT Thursday 21 Feb. 2013 at 7pm London time & will run for 4 hours to 10pm. Join the world-wide debate call the Studio Line +447831308376 from 6pm and ask questions that Nigeria government doesn’t want you to know or hear.

http://www.radiobiafralondononline.com/
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 12:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
ITbomb: If some people would argue that they are not parasites , why are they afraid of staying alone and letting the others go.
Just a normal reshuffling of army chiefs or decentralization of armory can cause sleepless night for the parasites
who is afraid of division?What is stoping gej 4m dividing dis country now?
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Asemo11(m): 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
mosquitoNet: southern animals abi?
no northern animals
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Denn(m): 12:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
Keneking: What are in the other paragraphs that we hid from the public?

good question. was hoping this would have been asked in the first few quotes....only the usual surmised conclusions.

this post has reached two pages and no discussion on the remaining paragraphs?
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2013
ITbomb:
Like putting the pension chief head up a spike?

^^^No.....more like putting a spike up his arsse!
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2013
ITbomb: If some people would argue that they are not parasites , why are they afraid of staying alone and letting the others go.
Just a normal reshuffling of army chiefs or decentralization of armory can cause sleepless night for the parasites

I think u r getting it twisted, those u call parasites are the ones that actually want to go and it seems some people are scared of the breakup now, check percentage of the people from one side of the country in the other region and vice versa, in that stat u will find the leech.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
bakynes: Abuja will be the capital of the North and Lagos the capital of the South but expect Abuja to be shit in years if that should happen

Donkey kaduna was, is and will remain capital of the north, and don't worry we will enjoy our shit!!!
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
ITbomb:
If Abuja will be the price for a divided Nigeria , so be it. We can build as many Abuja as possible but the North cannot sustain the Abuja as it is now when the oil money stop flowing through its roads

Answer honestly, which group is messing up Abuja now?
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by COOLDUN: 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2013
er
emmysenior: Shout-out to y'all shouting and advocating for break-up, I hope you guys have weighed the pros and cons that will be felt in the post break-up or the aftermath of the break-up. Recently, I've heard about how one or two countries that parted ways with the former, trust me when I say that they aren't faring well... We need to re-evaluate things of this kind before we key into it. Remember, the great giant of Africa will fall, the labour of our heroes past will be in vain, the vision 202020, the MDGs etc will be in vain, we will have to start from the scratches once again, which I know is not easy... My two cents.

Can you tell me how the labors of your hero’s past has been remembered and respected for one day in Nigeria? Your vision 2020 or 200020 is not a new vision, when I was a kid I heard by the year 2000, Nigeria would be more developed than all the western countries put together, where are we today in 2013? All what you mentioned only work out in a country where thereis Love, Respect, and Equal rights. Nigeria is a big mistake, a country founded on greed and selfishness.

Any country can have their own developmental goals, rather than unrealizable political/economical jargons the criminal politicians are using to deceive the ignorant Nigerians. The earlier we separate and take our destinies into our hands the better for us. Than living in fool’s paradise.

Giant is when you are great in stature, hard working and using your great stature positively, in development and otherwise, failing to do so, a hard working and progressive DWARF will be better than you. In what way is Nigeria giant status beneficial to it and the citizens today? Claiming to be giant of Africa today is just living in past glories.

Any country where all the citizens cannot leave peacefully together in all the territories of the country is not one, and will never be one. Where there is no love, there will be no peace, where there is no peace there will never be progress. Where there is no progress there will never be development. Nigeria as a country is only good to the people that are benefiting from the corruption in the land.

1 Like

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by bleufaucon: 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
And how did Lagos fiercely contest the Amalgamation? Meanwhile African Nations that received independence without open war or revolt against the western imperialists,is just an accident waiting to happen and the west are back again to take full control E.G,Nigeria,Ghana,Gabon,Congo DR and the mother of all gullibleness,South Africa!
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by anthony86(m): 1:34pm On Feb 21, 2013
the only thing that binds Nigeria as a country is oil from where come states allocations . Take oil out and you will see how Nigeria falls apart. Even the west want the country one because of their interest which is still oil.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by ITbomb(m): 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
gboss4sure: If we must continue as ONe Nigeria we need to revisit our Constitution and we have to return to true federalism where every state we will run its self from the resources of it generates on its own and lots of other things.
What of the Northern states that have absolutely nothing to run on itself, how will they survive without the federal oil allocation money . Lets be our brother's keeper.
One Nigeria
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by dioman: 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
bakynes: Abuja will be the capital of the North and Lagos the capital of the South but expect Abuja to be shit in years if that should happen
South East, South West n South South...choose wer u belong.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by ITbomb(m): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish: who is afraid of division?What is stoping gej 4m dividing dis country now?
No because we southerners are more civilized than allowing one man to make our decisions . We prefer to sit on round table in Aburi n make collective decision not living off conquered territories
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by ITbomb(m): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
DivideUs:

Answer honestly, which group is messing up Abuja now?
All I know is that Niger Delta oil money built Abuja
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by ojofu(m): 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
Dividing Nigeria is not the solution to our problem but a change of Attitude from our people. We live in a country were corruption is seen as something normal, nothing is done on merit and tribalism reign supreme. Imagine tribalism among people of the same tribe, i can't go to the next village and be the school headmaster because i am from another town even though we are from the same tribe. Most time what you keep hearing during election time is - it is our turn, no it is the turn of Aba north, how can you say that when nobody from lagos west has ruled this state since it creation, i am telling you it is the turn of kano east- will this attitude dissappear when we divide this nation?. As for me, dividing this nation will solve nothing but a change of Attitude will do. Let strive for a Nigeria where we hold people accountable for their actions, where things are done on merit, where anybody can rule anywhere. Even if he is from the moon that should not be our problem but the only thing we should be asking him is - if he can deliver.

This document, is it more important than our constitution? Just asking.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by ONESS: 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
they should call it 100 years amalgamation of horror, misery, bloodshed and utmost hatred. period
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by prettyboi1(m): 3:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
ojofu: Dividing Nigeria is not the solution to our problem but a change of Attitude from our people. We live in a country were corruption is seen as something normal, nothing is done on merit and tribalism reign supreme. Imagine tribalism among people of the same tribe, i can't go to the next village and be the school headmaster because i am from another town even though we are from the same tribe. Most time what you keep hearing during election time is - it is our turn, no it is the turn of Aba north, how can you say that when nobody from lagos west has ruled this state since it creation, i am telling you it is the turn of kano east- will this attitude dissappear when we divide this nation?. As for me, dividing this nation will solve nothing but a change of Attitude will do. Let strive for a Nigeria where we hold people accountable for their actions, where things are done on merit, where anybody can rule anywhere. Even if he is from the moon that should not be our problem but the only thing we should be asking him is - if he can deliver.

This document, is it more important than our constitution? Just asking.

You're the kind of Nigerian I stay proud of all day. God Bless you my dear brother for this your selfless & patriotic post.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
cheesy grin This just popped up in my head "What would become of nairaland?" But on a more serious note, the north will be land locked in the sense that he/she won't have access to the ocean, their resources will be limited, and even the so-called agricultural practises will be affected by low amount of rainfall... Aforestation will not be good as because of the stunted growth the trees will encounter. Except for H.E.P which I know will encounter problems because of the varying in the volume of water as a result seasonal durability. Most people will migrate southward as a result of religion extremism and stiff laws that will eventually infringe on people's right. Marginalisation of women will be considered as a right because of religious backings it will get... What! Didn't know I've typed this much, time continue the final phase of today's office assignment... Brb
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by danny301: 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
mafioso2:

why do you guyz always like to twist History?..if not for Lord Lugard Somalia would have been better than your "Northern Republic.

The guy made a clear point with example and u said he twisted history without stating anything left alone making any example....
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
pretty_boi:
Lol....you're dreaming my brother. Igbo spirit? & yet the worst road networks in Nigeria are in the east in Igbo states? Lol.
That should tell you something if you'd be honest with yourself.

Worst road network? Where in the east have you ever visited? or u just dey follow follow talk
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
ITbomb:
What of the Northern states that have absolutely nothing to run on itself, how will they survive without the federal oil allocation money . Lets be our brother's keeper.
One Nigeria

They should pack and join the nearest state that has resources. feeding from the federal bag is part of our problem. Any state that cant stand on its on should be merged with other state. There is no state that cant stand alone if the Government is serious
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by danjohn: 3:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
HAH: Before the amalgamation of North,south and Lagos colony the poorest part was the southern protectorate,

Then we all depended on agriculture which gave us foreign exchange there was no oil, that was why as early as 1900 the colonialist have built a railway line to kano, Nguru and maiduguri to transport commodity to the sea for shipment

It was money realized from that trade that kept Nigeria then, oil was only discovered in 1956 and commercial drilling started in the 60s . So who was the parasite before oil?

Lagos was initially not part of southern protectorate, the south was just a forest with no value, remember even the palm oil and cocoa seed was brought by the white man. The only good thing that was beneficial to the white was slaves and nothing else cos the southerners were canivals .

On the other hand when the white came to the north they found people that have a structured government and can read and write and also involved in commercial agriculture and trade with middle east and north africa.

However the Lord lugard did the best for Nigeria because we still compliment each other, and instead of regionalism and tribalism we should work on fighting corruption which is the bane of our present problem, believe me even if you divide Nigeria if you don't tackle corruption is still the samething.

God bless Nigeria

Can you please expand on how "we still compliment each other?"
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by lawizle(m): 4:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
Keneking: If it was delivered in May 1913, then why is the centenary celebration in 2013? Instead of 2012!

Question for d gods
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 21, 2013
agent22: Please give me my BIAFRA.. we don't have anything in common with animals. Though I have investment in Abuja the north can take it. With Igbo spirit we will build 10's of Abuja.
10 ke? Much more, dis amalgamation is pulling us backward. It just wasted more dan 50years for d igbo nation. I will like to see Biafra- a nation dat will be known worldwide for Sports, Science and technology(manufacturing), Commerce and investment, and Literature.

2 Likes

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
pretty_boi: Nigeria would never break up by God's Grace so all you lazy-asses should wake up,smell the coffee & start building yourself a great country. The average Nigerian is too damn mentally lazy for my liking. Everybody wants a great country but nobody wants to work or contribute to that. Lazy asses. Would that great country fall from the skies? God has given us all we could possibly ask or need but we still choose to be f'n stewpid & unsmart. All of us hope for a better country but yet when potential great leaders come running for political offices,we by-pass them & would rather vote incompetent & clueless people based on trivial sentiments like religion,ethnicity,etc. "he's from my village so I will vote him." , "I must vote only someone who practices my religion", "It's this guy I would vote because na him go give me money." etc.
We have chosen to be foolish & dull & honestly,we should stop disturbing Baba God in Heaven because he has done His part so well in abundance for us as a people. All that's left is us playing our own parts now.
God Bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria. Amen.
good. Igbo ppl have sacrificied for one naija but to no avail. Even went to Aburi for it, nothing! Wat next? Division nah
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by kettykings: 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2013
emmysenior: Shout-out to y'all shouting and advocating for break-up, I hope you guys have weighed the pros and cons that will be felt in the post break-up or the aftermath of the break-up. Recently, I've heard about how one or two countries that parted ways with the former, trust me when I say that they aren't faring well... We need to re-evaluate things of this kind before we key into it. Remember, the great giant of Africa will fall, the labour of our heroes past will be in vain, the vision 202020, the MDGs etc will be in vain, we will have to start from the scratches once again, which I know is not easy... My two cents.

What of North and South Korea, India/Pakistan and Bangladesh

1 Like

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by ITbomb(m): 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2013
ngozievergreen: I will like to see Biafra- a nation dat will be known worldwide for Sports,.
Yea sports, let me see how dem go carry Yakubu and Garba Lawal and win Nation cup without Sunday Mba , Mikel Obi , Enyeama and the rest of the Biafran squad.

1 Like

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by prettyboi1(m): 6:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
gboss4sure:

Worst road network? Where in the east have you ever visited? or u just dey follow follow talk
Guy I love Nigeria & I've been to several states & places around this country & I can honestly tell you that the most of the country's worst road networks are probably in Igbo states in the east of the country except for may be Enugu state. Yet, a lot of Igbo people keep making noise about "give us our own biafra" when many of their states have not even been probably governed by their own "sons of the soil." I laugh out so damn loudly. You all should better join hands & get past that "biafra" crap,sentiments & tribalism & contribute to Nigeria's growth & progress cos Nigeria would never disintegrate by God's Grace & biafra is just a mere dream that would never see the light of day.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by lawizle(m): 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
firedaman1: it is true that at this point in time,division will pave way for more problems.but I can't help asking myself what will happen if things continue the way they are going now.lawlessness is at its peak,no kobo in our foreign reserve,politicians stealing billions of dollars(they don't want naira again) with reckless abandon.wat will be our fate if our oil dries up in 5years time?I'm sure the northerners and others will no longer want to continue as one Nigeria. to an extent,I think its best for the country to be divided. let everybody manage his/her own resources, and contribute a percentage to the federal government. let new but wicked laws for corruption be developed and complemented. that way nobody will have the heart to steal public funds.
God bless Nigeria.

NB:I heard that after 100 years, the amalgamation would no longer hold the country together legally.

@nb: say god?
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by lawizle(m): 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
saintohia:

^^^^^^

We are yet to see the complete document. If we're to go by only this, it means the 100 years would be 2013 not 2014 as being speculated.

Means we dnt even know for sure wen Nigeria was created*sighs*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

More Graphic Photos Of The Horror Carried Out By Boko Haram Insurgents In Borno / Army Releases Video Of Encounter With Bandits In Southern Kaduna / PHOTOS: President Buhari With His Former Classmates In USA Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.