Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,324 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda (14825 Views)

Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / Saraki Unfolds Agenda For Nigeria As He Takes Over NASS / Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode (2) (3) (4)

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by jmaine: 10:12am On Feb 21, 2013
BlueMurder:

Thread softly on which assertions please?

On your Sen Ndume - Konduga and BH referencing . . .hope you get it . . .Let's not derail the thread . . .Thanks
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by MadCow1: 10:13am On Feb 21, 2013
Gbawe:

Bro, you don't like Buhari then fine. You should however be careful revealing that your dislike of the man is highly unreasonable and has compromised your sense of fairness to anything/anyone he is associated with. Firstly, the PDP is currently the main sponsor of Boko Haram and not Buhari. Indeed your failed C-in-C confessed that Boko Haram has infiltrated every level of his Government. Where does Buhari fit into that pathetic admission of innate weakness and impotence? Why do your sort never face those you should, closer to home, and prefer lying against others?

Secondly, the article shows clearly that you lied because security was mentioned but you either missed it or deliberately set out to deceive others here because you are one of those keen to tag Buhari with extremism when those you support are the biggest backers of terrorism or the biggest fakers whose inaction and weak leadership is allowing terrorism to proliferate in Nigeria.

[b]I didnt set out decieve anybody o!! And my HATRED for the Kingpin of Boko Haram which we all know is Buhari is not hidden. Its strange how you would say that the PDP led government is the sponsor of Boko Haram and yet fail to point out how Boko Haram menace only started getting deadly after Buharis threat to make the country ungoverneble should he lose the Presidential elections of 2011 which he did. So President Goodluck came out to say that Boko Haram had infiterated his government and you take that to mean weakness. Lol. Even a U.S General once openly admited that Al-Queda has infilterated their ranks and files. Thats not evidence of weakness. It simply means that they have infilterated. But dont worry, Buhari their leader will soon die.

Cut off the head and the body dies.

On the security bit, I dont get you. It wasnt part of their 7 POINT AGENDA. Infact, Corruption and security which is our current biggest problems were not a part of their 7 point Agenda. Rather, they PARTLY mentioned it, sort of like a side note. Meaning on their scale of importance, the 7 Point Agenda comes before these. How did I try to be misleading?! Na wah o!! Read that your highlighted post again.

P.S: Buhari is a terrorist financier and attack strategist and tactician. Dont forget that he was in the Army as a General. [/b]
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by thelastPope(m): 10:14am On Feb 21, 2013
There are only 2 parties in Nigeria:

PDP and Ex-PDP...we are in a circus!

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by jmaine: 10:16am On Feb 21, 2013
thelastPope: There are only 2 parties in Nigeria:

PDP and Ex-PDP...we are in a circus!

LOL . . . . grin
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by davesndy: 10:16am On Feb 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "seven-point cardinal development initiative to provide qualitative education, uninterrupted power supply, full and gainful employment, affordable local fuel, healthcare and food.
The party said it would also take definite steps to eradicate corruption and insecurity"

Talk is cheap! Has the various components of APC provided these goodies in places they've been in complete control over the years?

For instance, the ACN has been in charge of Lagos for 13 solid years, but can the party claim to be providing qualitative education thru the state owned university? The last we heard was that school fees was increased from N25,000 to N250,000.

Again, how can the same ACN that refused to pay the marginal increase in the stipends teachers earn as salary in Lagos give us qualitative education? Can poorly paid teachers produce qualitative education?

The APC claims it will provide stable power supply but that will be difficult to believe because so far none of the APC controlled has invested in building of power plants to serve the public and augment whatever the FG is doing. If Geometrics, a privately owned company can build power plants, which it hopes to transmit and distribute in Aba, why can't the Lagos state govt, with N30billion monthly revenue, build power plants in Lagos state 13yrs down the line? If Akwa-Ibom and Rivers are building power plants, why not Lagos?

The APC also claim it would provide "full and gainful employment". One would like to know if unemployment has been eradicated in places where the APC is currently in charge- Lagos, Zamfara, Nasarawa,etc. How many gainful employment have been provided in these states? Ok maybe the magic wand for providing "full and gainful" only works if deployed from Aso Rock.

The APC also claim it will provide "affordable fuel". Interesting! One would like to know precedents of affordable things the APC have provided in places they'r currently in charge. I guess the lagos state made the LASU school fees more affordable by increasing it from N25,000 to N250,000? Or is the Lekki toll fees affordable? Also, how does provision of affordable fuel fly with the recent removal of fuel subsidy in Ghana?

The APC also claims it will take "definite steps to eradicate corruption". I guess that most definite step in this direction will be to ask the Lagos state house of assembly speaker to step down and clear himself of the weighty allegations of corruption leveled against him by the EFCC. Even Farook Lawan and Hembe had to step aside as the chairman of their various committees when allegations of corruption was leveled against them.

In addition, how many civil servants, political appointees,etc have been sanctioned by the Lagos state for corruption in the last 13yrs? Or are all civil servants and political appointees in Lagos saints? Is there any law that barrs the state govt from FIGHTING corruption? How many ghost workers have been eradicated from the civil service in Lagos? Are there no ghost workers in Lagos?
Nobody said it better than you sir!

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Machine007: 10:18am On Feb 21, 2013
This politicians will not kill me. They haven't started yet and they are coping PDP.

Why 7 point agenda ? that will also remaind Nigerians of the failed promises from the ruling party.

To be sincere when i saw that, the next thing that came to my mind is Share the money. dont get it twisted GEJ all the way unless he is not interested.

The angel You know is better than the devil you dont know.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by truth4meal(m): 10:19am On Feb 21, 2013
Some people are on this forum just to justify thr salary; arguing or trying to make such people reason in the right direction is like robbing them of their employment. Some people are patriotic only by salary paid to them while some are patriotic by default as a Nigeria. Do yousef a favour quit trying to make some people unemployed by putting their tots aright. History will judge us all one day
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by davesndy: 10:19am On Feb 21, 2013
When people like TOM IKIMI, Achike Udenwa, Bafarawa, Tinubu, Audu Ogbe and co come out as saviours, then MY GOD we are in trouble!

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by thelastPope(m): 10:24am On Feb 21, 2013
davesndy: When people like TOM IKIMI, Achike Udenwa, Bafarawa, Tinubu, Audu Ogbe and co come out as saviours, then MY GOD we are in trouble!

They will soon tell you that since they caused the problem, they are in a better position to solve it. Tribalism, sectionalism and quest for religious domination is the problem of Nigeria, not corruption! Corruption is only one of the symptoms!
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by truth4meal(m): 10:25am On Feb 21, 2013
@Mad Cow - do you remember the Libel case against you boss @Abati by Buhari on dis your untrue assertion of Buhari being BH financier? Do you remember how ur coward and lieing boss begged to settle out of court and apologise? I dare your likes to forfeit the anonymous veil of this forum and come out with your real names so someone can teach your sorry asss what libel means in court.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by BlueMurder(m): 10:26am On Feb 21, 2013
jmaine:

On your Sen Ndume - Konduga and BH referencing . . .hope you get it . . .Let's not derail the thread . . .Thanks

And how are Sen Ndume and Ali Sada Umar Konduga members of the ANPP?

You are the one derailing the thread.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by truth4meal(m): 10:28am On Feb 21, 2013
davesndy: When people like TOM IKIMI, Achike Udenwa, Bafarawa, Tinubu, Audu Ogbe and co come out as saviours, then MY GOD we are in trouble!
pls can u tell us why u are in trouble aside the fact that ur paymaster is doom to lose in 2015? And please since u seem verse in history what is the sin of the people u mentioned and wat fraction of such elements exist in PDP?
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by thelastPope(m): 10:32am On Feb 21, 2013
truth4meal: @Mad Cow - do you remember the Libel case against you boss @Abati by Buhari on dis your untrue assertion of Buhari being BH financier? Do you remember how ur coward and lieing boss begged to settle out of court and apologise? I dare your likes to forfeit the anonymous veil of this forum and come out with your real names so someone can teach your sorry asss what libel means in court.

Why are you talking nonsense. Nailing anyone in court is a function of having clear cut and undeniable evidence. That you cant nail a man in court doesnt mean he didnt commit a crime. We all shout that Nigerian politicians are corrupt but how many of them have been convicted? Has OBj been convicted of any crime? has any concrete evidence been presented against OBJ in a court of law? Even when the NASS wanted to nail him, did they get any concrete evidence against him apart from the usual story of OBJ's aid did this and that? Witch fly for night, pickin die for morning...do the maths. Abati has to settle out of court because he definitely would not be able to win a case like that. No BH member will come out and tell you who their real sponsors are or testify to that effect in court. Your argument is flawed!
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by tomakint: 10:32am On Feb 21, 2013
aaarrrrgggggghhhhh cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy 7-Point Agenda cheesy cheesy cheesy with Tom Ikimi (political prostitute), Achike Udenwa (never-do-well politician), Bafarawa (a clueless politician), Tinubu (one of the most, if not the most corrupt politician alive), Audu Ogbe (a politician with a chronic nature of cross-carpeting) and co in the house, then may GOD come down and save Nigeria, JONATHAN all the way!!! cool

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by thelastPope(m): 10:35am On Feb 21, 2013
truth4meal: pls can u tell us why u are in trouble aside the fact that ur paymaster is doom to lose in 2015? And please since u seem verse in history what is the sin of the people u mentioned and wat fraction of such elements exist in PDP?

That Tom Ikimi is the spokes person for APC alone completely rubbishes and makes mockery of the whole thing. That man my friend is as bad as it gets!
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Phonon: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2013
How?More words would help one understand your question.
truth4meal: how?
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by karlmax2: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2013
my brother were the cause of our own problem imagine. ACHIKE UDENWA BAFARAWA are now the people to rescue nigeria!!look at the list u mentioned above u would see 3 past governors forum members during obj's administration. That spent 8 good years as governor of states in nigeria we knw how they tranformed those states they governed for those 8 year!
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by tomakint: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2013
thelastPope:

That Tom Ikimi is the spokes person for APC alone completely rubbishes and makes mockery of the whole thing. That man my friend is as bad as it gets!
You have said it all, I just knew it that this so called "Messianic Party" is nothing but total fraud!
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by jmaine: 10:38am On Feb 21, 2013
BlueMurder:

And how are Sen Ndume and Ali Sada Umar Konduga members of the ANPP?

You are the one derailing the thread.

What naivety grin . . . . Sen Ndume became a PDP member just before the 2011 elections and his contacts with Konduga preceded his PDP membership i.e he was formerly an ANPP chieftain . . . Hope you understand now ? . . .

Is Ali Modu Sheriff also of the PDP or Shekarau whose govt purportedly gave BH 10 million monthly stipends a PDP member

A reason why i said you should thread softly in your BH assertions . .cos as an APC member/supporter, your not immuned . . . . .My post below again . . .

jmaine:

You also mean former cross carpeting ANPP politicians now morphed into the APC ? . . . . You need to thread softly on your assertions . . . . Thanks . . . .

Oya back to the 7 point Agenda kiss

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Gbawe: 10:38am On Feb 21, 2013
Mad Cow:

[b]I didnt set out decieve anybody o!! And my HATRED for the Kingpin of Boko Haram which we all know is Buhari is not hidden. Its strange how you would say that the PDP led government is the sponsor of Boko Haram and yet fail to point out how Boko Haram menace only started getting deadly after Buharis threat to make the country ungoverneble should he lose the Presidential elections of 2011 which he did. So President Goodluck came out to say that Boko Haram had infiterated his government and you take that to mean weakness. Lol. Even a U.S General once openly admited that Al-Queda has infilterated their ranks and files. Thats not evidence of weakness. It simply means that they have infilterated. But dont worry, Buhari their leader will soon die.

Cut off the head and the body dies.

On the security bit, I dont get you. It wasnt part of their 7 POINT AGENDA. Infact, Corruption and security which is our current biggest problems were not a part of their 7 point Agenda. Rather, they PARTLY mentioned it, sort of like a side note. Meaning on their scale of importance, the 7 Point Agenda comes before these. How did I try to be misleading?! Na wah o!! Read that your highlighted post again.

P.S: Buhari is a terrorist financier and attack strategist and tactician. Dont forget that he was in the Army as a General. [/b]

Reproduced below is what you wrote:

Did anybody notice that they didnt mention security?! Reason being that the chief Financier and strategist of the Boko Haram

It is obvious to any sane person, not a mind reader, that your words literally means that you are saying security was not mentioned. Simple. Now you are shown that they indeed mentioned security, you change tact to say:

On the security bit, I dont get you. It wasnt part of their 7 POINT AGENDA

I will let others judge you because I don't have time for pointless back and forth based on using pedantism to hide how folks like you simply seek negatives to disguise your real agenda. I deliberately let this thread gain many responses before contributing beyond the initial post. The reason is that, before today, the criticism was "they have no manifesto", "we don't know their plan", "how come they have not revealed their plans for Nigeria" etc, etc, etc.

Now that this article provides a start towards everyone gaining an understanding of the thinking of the APC,suddenly, no one is interested any more. The criticism of yesterday, regarding lack of information, flies out of the window to be replaced with sneers about Audu Ogbeh and "why 7 and not 5 or 10". No one has even bothered to inspect salient issues. I say it here daily that many Nigerians, even if they don't know it, are mentally damaged goods who have long ceased to see what matters.

They tell you they want the PDP out yet mock every effort to make that happen even as they will never get involved themselves. They won't even register to vote!!!! They say they want more information yet when provided with that they quickly move on to other petty gripes without so much as a glance at the information they forcefully demanded yesterday. Nigeria and Nigerians. What a Country, what a people.

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by ukpaku: 10:42am On Feb 21, 2013
spywareczar: APC: muslims party or what?
Why is it that the Champions of APC are muslims?
PLEASE count us out of that merger. We can’t support APC. U lied that it’s progressive, but it’sIslamic. Even we urge muslims with good faith to desist from this APC for their true peace and growth of Islam and Northerners. APC is a Muslim islamist party. If you doubt me check out the big wigs of the party: Shetima Kashim, Abdul Aziz, Religious bigot El-Rufai, Boko Haram General Buhari, Ibrahim Gaidan, Tinubu, Boko haram wannabe, Aregbesola, Gov. Yari (Zamfara), Yerima, Umar Tanko, Alhaji Fashola (I never knew he was a Muslim), Gov. Amosun, etc. These are all Muslims who want to turn Nigeria into islamic country.
oga speak for ur self cus u are not in our mind.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by adultiph: 10:43am On Feb 21, 2013
Are they borrowing from PDP yaradua?
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by thelastPope(m): 10:44am On Feb 21, 2013
Gbawe:
Now that this article provides a start towards everyone gaining an understanding of the thinking of the APC,suddenly, no one is interested any more. The criticism of yesterday, regarding lack of information, flies out of the window to be replaced with sneers about Audu Ogbeh and "why 7 and not 5 or 10". No one has even bothered to inspect salient issues. I say it here daily that many Nigerians are mentally damaged goods who have long ceased to see what matters. They tell you they want the PDP out yet mock every effort to make that happen even as they will never fet involved themselves. They say they want more information yet when provided with that they quickly move on to other petty gripes without so much as a glance at the information they forcefully demanded yesterday. Nigeria and Nigerians. What a Country what a people.

Coming out to list seven of the biggest challenges in Nigeria as a seven point agenda is laughable. Nigerians know what the problems are already. The present government is actually planning and working on what they have listed so how can anyone get excited about it? The real issue is whether they can do it better and how they can do it better. Saying for example that Power is an agenda is laughable when privatization is almost complete. The only thing Nigerians will be interested in is how they can do it better, not a listing of the problems as an "agenda" whatever that means.

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by fistonme(m): 10:45am On Feb 21, 2013
Afam4eva: Btw, is it the duty of APC to determine what whoever is elected should do. Shouldn't this be left for the candidate himself?

u are technically correct bro. But it is only natural for goals to be stated in evry manifesto of a party. Though evry candidate with a good heart could go on and do much more than is stated in the manifesto but he or she shouldnt do less than what is stated in the party's manifesto. In nigeria our legal system has interpreted it that electorates votes for party and not individuals(taking the legal outcome of the case btween gov. Amaechi and ex. Gov. Celestian omehia both of rivers state). We may want to argue that in the case of president jonathan, majority of the voters cast their vote for him and not his party. But the truth be told he was only used as a 'seemingly' good candidate as it were to sell a bad product(PDP) as it is. Hence, the popular saying during the 2011 elections "i am casting my vote for jonathan and not for the pdp" . How naive we were, forgetting that u may try to take a man out of the street but u 'hardly' can take the street out of the man.

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by deletrue: 10:52am On Feb 21, 2013
Ganys: Of all these manifestos, the only one that endear me to APC is AFFORDABLE FUEL PRICE, if APC can hammer on that promise alone, I'm sure millions of suffering Taxi drivers, bus drivers, Okada man and other middle class Nigerian will Vote en mass for APC. They should try and place advert across Nigeria with this kind of manifestos, with time, PDP will become History cool cool cool
So up till now you do not agree that our price of fuel is DAMN too cheap? Yes, there is corruption in that area, no investor will ever come with the prevailing pump price. The earlier those measures in that area to remove government participation are done, the better for all. There is no magic APC will do that will be regarded as batter option than what is being done. It is gradual, afterall, phcn workers are paid off today to enable private participation. Apart from any other things, go through the APC or m and B membership names. Are they saints or the same people.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by solomon111(m): 10:55am On Feb 21, 2013
I just dey laugh.
It seems Nigeria is destined to be bleeped in different style by APC and PDP.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by truth4meal(m): 10:55am On Feb 21, 2013
thelastPope:

Why are you talking nonsense. Nailing anyone in court is a function of having clear cut and undeniable evidence. That you cant nail a man in court doesnt mean he didnt commit a crime. We all shout that Nigerian politicians are corrupt but how many of them have been convicted? Has OBj been convicted of any crime? has any concrete evidence been presented against OBJ in a court of law? Even when the NASS wanted to nail him, did they get any concrete evidence against him apart from the usual story of OBJ's aid did this and that? Witch fly for night, pickin die for morning...do the maths. Abati has to settle out of court because he definitely would not be able to win a case like that. No BH member will come out and tell you who their real sponsors are or testify to that effect in court. Your argument is flawed!
My argument is not flawed its ur barometer for critical assessment that's flawed. The last time I chkd we are guided as a nation by the 1999 constitution and one basic function of fairness is accepting someone to be innocent of all allegation until found guilty by a law court. Using this universal basic law of justice fairness as a gauge you will agree with me that the people you label criminals aren't one. If in his celebrated cluelessness the govt culdnt gather enuf evidence to get "assumed" criminals convicted then its up to the govt not the criminals. Until convicted like Ibori, Bode george and co - all the assumed criminals are innoncent by law and by GEJ's governance who lack the political will to bring them to justice. You see the argument is not flawed.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by nkpommpko(m): 10:56am On Feb 21, 2013
one point agenda oooooo nepa oooooooo! Give us lite ooo we don tire oooo
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Gbawe: 10:59am On Feb 21, 2013
thelastPope:

Coming out to list seven of the biggest challenges in Nigeria as a seven point agenda is laughable. Nigerians know what the problems are already. The present government is actually planning and working on what they have listed so how can anyone get excited about it? The real issue is whether they can do it better and how they can do it better. Saying for example that Power is an agenda is laughable when privatization is almost complete. The only thing Nigerians will be interested in is how they can do it better, not a listing of the problems as an "agenda" whatever that means.

How on earth will Nigerians see what the APC can do better if they don't wait for them to provide detailed plans before jumping to conclusions? This is why I avoid self-contradictory charlatans like you. I fully appreciate your motivation and personality-based limitations that badly stymies your outlook. They have told you the areas they want to concentrate on hence "agenda". The Manifesto will be out shortly to show a detailed account of what they will do for every prioritised target.

If objective you would at least wait till then before you write the foolish tripe highlighted above. No doubt when the manifesto comes out and it is brilliant and better than anything the PDP has produced, you and your ilk will move on to the next stage of pettiness that will centre around "they are lying", "that is not possible", "they make promises they cannot keep" etc. The wind of change is here and your kind will be blown away because you were the sort who originally argued they were too divided/different to merge. Now you must find new excuses, however senseless, to bolster your seedy stance.

Daura People Pray For Buhari's Recovery & Good Health(pics) / Magu Probe: Olukoyede, EFCC Secretary, ‘suspended’ / Drama In Cross River As 4 Candidates Lay Claim To Senatorial Seat

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79