Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

The Pastorization' Of Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pastorization' Of Christians (1777 Views)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / Graphic Pictures Of Christians Slaughtered In Islamic Nations / 3 Types Of " Christians " On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pastorization' Of Christians by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 21, 2013
In her quite revealing book The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America by Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt, Charlotte reveals an astonishing documented trail, proving that "education" in America is a tool of deliberate dysfunction. She worked in the U.S. Department of Education during the Regan Administration. Educational abuse is massive and while many see through it, many others do not.

Among the world of Christians, there is a "Christian Dumbing Down" because millions have been "pastorized" by professional clergy. Pastorization causes church goers to be unable to think for themselves, and they are told what to believe by the clergy. Virtually, every day of the week, "Christian" television stations broadcast programs in which men and women are standing on platforms, often with their fingers pointed in your face, telling you what to believe. There is a great difference in taking the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the unconverted and those who are not yet born-again, and the "professional clergy" system of the church world.

Although the name of Jesus Christ is advanced by most pastors to validate their positions, pastors have become the idols of millions, whose lives revolve around pastors. Anyone who reads the teachings of Jesus Christ as recorded in the four Gospels cannot help but see a grand canyon of difference in the teachings of Christ, and the world of churchianity. It is nothing short of utterly dumbfounding to watch countless Christians sitting in megachurches, on television like little children in school, being pastorized by "infallible and inerrant" clergy. Any outside observer has to marvel at the seeming robotization of the pastorized members sitting in pews.

Christ said HE ALONE IS SHEPHERD--the GOOD SHEPHERD. Jesus Christ never established "churchianity", nor the control system of pastors over the flock of God. When Christ appointed His original disciples, they in turn went out and pointed others to Jesus Christ, not to themselves as lifetime "pastors", ruling over the flock (1 Peter 5:3), nor did Peter and the others preach for filthy lucre (money) (1 Peter 5:2). Peter and the disciples of Christ were EXAMPLES, not authoritarian CEOs of church corporations.

The pastorization of church goers and television preacher watchers is the reason that millions of believers are dumbed down. When human beings let others do their thinking, they in turn cannot reason, discern or think through issues, because it is always the "teachers" who do the thinking. The same is true with those millions who think "truth" in "news" from television comes through the boobtube. A great deal of so called news reporting is nothing more than the opinion of someone, or some think tank that uses television "news" as the means of indoctrination and subtle deceptions (a little truth now and then).

Television is probably the single greatest tool the world has ever known, in which the world is brainwashed with endless propaganda, lies, deceptions, godlessness and some truth, all in the name of "news", "entertainment" and "Christianity." In the world of churches, the number of so-called pastors, priests, bishops and "professional clergymen" must be in the many thousands. In that world of clergymen, the divisions and differences in beliefs, teachings and practices varies greatly. Do they all represent Jesus Christ and the truth of the Kingdom of God? Something is surely amiss. Any Christian who believes that pastors know and understand truth in Christ just because they graduated from some "Bible" college, and can read Hebrew and Greek, and are persuasive public speakers, is a deluded Christian. The things of God are only understood by the Spirit of God, and not because some man or woman is called "Doctor Pastor" or "Senior Pastor".

Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2013
How does anyone know if they have been "pastorized?" Christians are pastorized if:

They believe everything a pastor says or preaches from their pulpits.
They think their "pastor" is a man or woman instead of Jesus Christ.
They think they have to tithe to the local "church" and the pastor.
They think church pastors have authority over their lives, in contradiction to what Christ taught (Matthew 23:8-10).
They let the pastors tell them what the scriptures say, instead of proving ALL THINGS for themselves.
They let the pastors interpret the Bible for them, without studying on their own what the truth is.
They think the church pastors have a right to a life-time of free money (welfare existence).
They think they cannot have a personal relationship with the Father/Jesus Christ, without going to church.
They think that Sunday or (Saturday) church attendance is the definition of being a Christian.
They think that following Jesus Christ means going to church every week and hearing another sermon.
They believe pastors are infallible and inerrant and must be obeyed.

Their lives revolve around church, church activities, camp meetings, revivals, conferences, seminars and endless meetings, even when Jesus Christ lives in them 24/7 through the Holy Spirit, and it is NEVER NECESSARY to go here or there looking for Christ, when He lives within them all the time.

The focus of their lives revolves around listening to pastors preach, rather than hearing the voice of the true Shepherd.
Their vocabulary is about "church" and "my pastor" this and that, rather than about Jesus Christ.
Their lives revolve around churchianity, rather than around Jesus Christ.
They believe it is rebellion to question the teachings and practices of the pastors and churches.
They never research issues for themselves, but leave all the research and thinking to the pastors.

The twin means by which all human beings are controlled, ruled over, regulated to death and made to live in fear is through secular governments and religions, including churchianity. Churchianity is a man-made religion, and has nothing to do with following Jesus Christ. Pastorization has to do with being dumbed down to the level of not being able to think, reason or discern for oneself, but in which the lords of the church world rule over the pastorized.

Source
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 21, 2013
This is the Frosbel I love!

People need to think for themselves!
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Goshen360(m): 12:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
@ Frosbel,

Whatz up son (of God)! Good work....of an evangelist. Keep doing it son.
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by alexleo(m): 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
@frosbel,
What you are saying is right. Hope you are not advocating for people to stop going to church because thats where i ll disagree with you. But obviously some church goers are like robots to their pastors. Most pastors also have made everything in the church to revolve around them rather than around Jesus. They like to be feared and adored. Infact some of them are close to calling themselves God and you can see some behave as if God bows down to them. Quite a pity. For me I believe my life as a christian is all about Jesus and of course he told us- "without me ye can do nothing".
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by PastorKun(m): 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
Frosbel is really bent on spoiling business for Pastorpreneurs grin joagbaje would be upset with this thread.
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
Pastor Kun: Frosbel is really bent on spoiling business for Pastorpreneurs grin joagbaje would be upset with this thread.

and you are right grin
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
alexleo: @frosbel,
What you are saying is right. Hope you are not advocating for people to stop going to church because thats where i ll disagree with you. But obviously some church goers are like robots to their pastors. Most pastors also have made everything in the church to revolve around them rather than around Jesus. They like to be feared and adored. Infact some of them are close to calling themselves God and you can see some behave as if God bows down to them. Quite a pity. For me I believe my life as a christian is all about Jesus and of course he told us- "without me ye can do nothing".

I can never discourage anyone for that matter from assembling together with other believers , this is the key to our success, fellowship. The church , be it local, national or whatever , can meet assemble anywhere for this purpose.

what we should be against is seeing the pastor as a pope and taking church doctrine as final and infallible authority.

After all this is the model around which the catholic church is built.
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by debosky(m): 3:05pm On Feb 21, 2013
For the sake of balance, I'll give my view on a number of these statements on 'pastorization'. I generally abhor these new 'terms' which get created each and every day.

Christ said HE ALONE IS SHEPHERD--the GOOD SHEPHERD. Jesus Christ never established "churchianity", nor the control system of pastors over the flock of God. When Christ appointed His original disciples, they in turn went out and pointed others to Jesus Christ, not to themselves as lifetime "pastors", ruling over the flock (1 Peter 5:3), nor did Peter and the others preach for filthy lucre (money) (1 Peter 5:2). Peter and the disciples of Christ were EXAMPLES, not authoritarian CEOs of church corporations.

What is this 'control system' the author refers to? This seems to be some form of blanket railing against institutional church structures (which are not condemned in principle in the bible) as opposed to pointing out what exactly is wrong with the alleged 'churchianity'. Broad sweeping statements like these tend to dilute any message that the author has.

As for the issue of church doctrine - if that based on biblical doctrine, doesn't that render it 'infallible'? (provided you consider the bible 'infallible' in the first instance).

Christ said he is the Good Shepherd - yes, but overseers are called be shepherds of the flock of God. Acts 20:28. Hebrews 13 talks of 'leaders', called to lead and having authority and the 'flock' are admonished to submit to that authority. What the author deems 'authoritarian' isn't quite clear. This is also contrary to the 'pastorization' claim that pastors don't have 'authority' over the 'flock'.

As for 'lifetime' or otherwise, the bible doesn't set time limits on how long one may act as a leader or shepherd.

I don't think all of those who tithe to their local church or use their tithes as a form of support to their local pastors are necessarily 'pastorized' either - again this is a matter of personal conviction and choice. If I feel I have to do so and you don't agree, don't term me 'pastorized' because we have different views on that subject.

Nothing wrong with your life 'revolving' around church activities either - as long as your heart state with Christ is right. Now how someone looking externally at people is able to make such a judgement is beyond me.

There's nothing wrong (in principle) with Pastors having a 'lifetime' of 'free-money', provided they continue to diligently serve as pastors. The bible places no time limit on supporting pastors financially.

Just a few thoughts - in general I'm happy to see Christians challenged to re-examine their status quo and see if there is anything they are doing wrong. Self-evaluation is always a vital tool to avoid falling into the wrong habits/patterns.

1 Like

Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by JIL(m): 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2013
ooman:

as is the Jesus, Holy Spirit and God invention of your white master, he doesnt have a physical existence, this is why he is seeking to exist in you, GOD IS A PARASITE AND YOU ARE INFECTED, BE HEALED!!!! angry angry

Do you mind changing your signature to

Listen to falsehood, become an atheist and gain a free ticket to hell.
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2013
debosky: For the sake of balance, I'll give my view on a number of these statements on 'pastorization'. I generally abhor these new 'terms' which get created each and every day.

good.

What is this 'control system' the author refers to? This seems to be some form of blanket railing against institutional church structures (which are not condemned in principle in the bible) as opposed to pointing out what exactly is wrong with the alleged 'churchianity'. Broad sweeping statements like these tend to dilute any message that the author has.

Jesus Christ is not building an institution but a body of believers which is rightly called the CHURCH.

Neither Jesus, Paul nor the apostles spent their precious time building elaborate physical and systematic structures called CHURCH , they were preaching the gospel , adding to the CHURCH and discipling the new believers to be conformed to the image of Christ.

As for the issue of church doctrine - if that based on biblical doctrine, doesn't that render it 'infallible'? (provided you consider the bible 'infallible' in the first instance

There is only one doctrine, and that is bible doctrine.

40,000 different church doctrines, many contradicting each other , cannot be caused by GOD , for he is not the author of confusion. There is something with these man made institutions.

Christ said he is the Good Shepherd - yes, but overseers are called be shepherds of the flock of God. Acts 20:28. Hebrews 13 talks of 'leaders', called to lead and having authority and the 'flock' are admonished to submit to that authority. What the author deems 'authoritarian' isn't quite clear. This is also contrary to the 'pastorization' claim that pastors don't have 'authority' over the 'flock'.

Lead does not mean 'Lord it over' , it means show a good example , feed the sheep, protect them etc.

Even the Berean believers challenged 'great' apostle Paul's teachings by checking their bibles to validate his claims, Paul himself challenged Peter to his face to correct him.

But pastors have NO Authority over the sheep, only GOD has authority over his sheep. Good Shepherds are to guide the sheep not Lord it over them.

"Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many.” - Matthew 20:25-28

I don't think all of those who tithe to their local church or use their tithes as a form of support to their local pastors are necessarily 'pastorized' either - again this is a matter of personal conviction and choice. If I feel I have to do so and you don't agree, don't term me 'pastorized' because we have different views on that subject.

Using the resources of the sheep for other reasons , many of which are not privy to the sheep, is illegal and robbery. In the early church , they brought it all to the apostles feet and it was distributed to those who had need, not for the building of large mega physical structures , buying jets and building universities that poor people cannot attend.

Nothing wrong with your life 'revolving' around church activities either - as long as your heart state with Christ is right. Now how someone looking externally at people is able to make such a judgement is beyond me.

activities do not save and in many cases are a waste of time serving religion and not Christ.

The activities we should be engaged with are :

1. Preaching the gospel
2. Helping the poor
3. Conforming to the image of Christ.

There's nothing wrong (in principle) with Pastors having a 'lifetime' of 'free-money', provided they continue to diligently serve as pastors. The bible places no time limit on supporting pastors financially.

There is, it is called robbery.

The body of Christ is not a welfare state.

Paul worked , no ?

"For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat." - 2 Thessalonians 3:10

1 Like

Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by christemmbassey(m): 4:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]the captives of the mighty must be set free and the preys of the terribles must be taken. God bless.
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by JeSoul(f): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2013
@ooman and others,
please stop derailing christian topics by posting incendiary comments deliberately to offend - this is not the first, second or third time. Thank you.
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by debosky(m): 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2013
frosbel:
Jesus Christ is not building an institution but a body of believers which is rightly called the CHURCH.

Neither Jesus, Paul nor the apostles spent their precious time building elaborate physical and systematic structures called CHURCH , they were preaching the gospel , adding to the CHURCH and discipling the new believers to be conformed to the image of Christ.

Again, this is a matter of perception - the 'systematic' structure of deacons was required to deal with issues in the early church, so it is not inconceivable that structures/organisational management of some sort will be required to ensure order in the church today. Paul did spend his time outlining what is required from a bishop, how elders should conduct themselves, etc. That is the same in principle till today. What is deemed 'elaborate' is subject to interpretation.

There is only one doctrine, and that is bible doctrine.

40,000 different church doctrines, many contradicting each other , cannot be caused by GOD , for he is not the author of confusion. There is something with these man made institutions.

Something wrong with the institutions themselves or the people therein? The institutions didn't create themselves, so it's down to the individuals in those 'institutions', not the institutions per se - they can be corrected once the members are corrected.

Lead does not mean 'Lord it over' , it means show a good example , feed the sheep, protect them etc.

This is veering into semantics - the bible clearly states authority is given to elders/leaders. I never said that means Lording it over them.

Even the Berean believers challenged 'great' apostle Paul's teachings by checking their bibles to validate his claims, Paul himself challenged Peter to his face to correct him.

But pastors have NO Authority over the sheep, only GOD has authority over his sheep. Good Shepherds are to guide the sheep not Lord it over them.

"Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many.” - Matthew 20:25-28

Again, Hebrews 13 clearly provides for authority of leaders over the flock of God. The issue Jesus was addressing was the manner in which authority is exercised, not a lack of authority. Leaders do have authority over the sheep.

Using the resources of the sheep for other reasons , many of which are not privy to the sheep, is illegal and robbery. In the early church , they brought it all to the apostles feet and it was distributed to those who had need, not for the building of large mega physical structures , buying jets and building universities that poor people cannot attend.

This is different to simply saying tithe giving is a symptom of being 'pastorized' as you/the author earlier stated. I am not supporting robbery in any form, simply distinguishing between those who have, of their own volition, decided to give tithes to churches and pastors. There is nothing 'pastorized' about that. What the leaders do with such funds is a separate matter.

activities do not save and in many cases are a waste of time serving religion and not Christ.

The activities we should be engaged with are :

1. Preaching the gospel
2. Helping the poor
3. Conforming to the image of Christ.

As I said, no one said activities save. However, there are many more valid activities than those you mentioned. meeting for building and equipping of the saints, there is meeting together to sing spiritual songs and hymns to each other, meeting together to raise up holy hands in prayer, meeting together to read and hear from the scriptures, etc. If you/the author doesn't want to engage in these activities, that is an individual prerogative.

There is, it is called robbery. The body of Christ is not a welfare state. Paul worked , no ?

"For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat." - 2 Thessalonians 3:10

Paul worked, but also said he had the 'right' to support for preaching the gospel. That he chose not to exercise that right is a different matter. Like I said earlier, there is no limit to the duration of support for a Pastor involved in preaching the gospel. If people decide to support him for life, so be it. There is no robbery involved if an individual/group of individuals have chosen to financially support their Pastors. This is not prohibited in the bible, neither is it limited by a time duration.
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Joagbaje(m): 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2013

1Co 11:1
1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
(KJVStrongs)

Heb 13:17
17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves:for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief:for that is unprofitable for you.
(KJVStrongs)

1 Like

Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
Joagbaje: the bible is clear on issues like this.

17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves:for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief:for that is unprofitable for you.
(KJVStrongs)

Frosbel, abeg, do what you do best and expose this fraudulent pastor! Explain the bible quote cheesy
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
Joagbaje: .

1Co 11:1
1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
(KJVStrongs)

(KJVStrongs)

I will let the King speak :

Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Joagbaje(m): 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Frosbel, abeg, do what you do best and expose this fraudulent pastor! Explain the bible quote cheesy

Bomboy , I see you are on attention seeking spree as usual cool
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by debosky(m): 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
frosbel:

There is no disconnect - Jesus is talking about Lording it over them as the way the Gentile rulers exercised their authority. There is more than one was to exercise authority and I'm sure you can see the distinction. Christian leaders have (some) authority over those they lead.
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Joagbaje(m): 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
)
frosbel:

Obedience to leadership is a virtue not slavery.
Spiritual men see it as virtue. Rebellious ones sees it as slavery.

2Th 3:14
14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
(KJVStrongs
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Joagbaje(m): 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
Num 16:1-4
Chapter 16
1 Now Korah, the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, and Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On, the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took men:2 And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty princes of the assembly, famous in the congregation, men of renown:3 And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the Lord is among them:wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the Lord? 4 And when Moses heard it, he fell upon his face:
(KJVStrongs)
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
Joagbaje: )

Obedience to leadership is a virtue not slavery.
Spiritual men see it as virtue. Rebellious ones sees it as slavery.

2Th 3:14
14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
(KJVStrongs

In Heb 13:17, believers are encouraged to “obey” church leaders. Interestingly, the Greek behind “obey” is not the regular Greek word for “obey.” Instead, peitho is used, which literally means “to persuade” or “to convince.” Thus, Heb 13:17 should be rendered “let yourselves be persuaded by.” This same verse also instructs believers to “submit” to the authority of their church leaders. As with “obey,” the common Greek word for “submit” is not used. Instead, hupeiko was chosen by the author, a word meaning “to give in, to yield” after a fight. It was used of combatants.

Thus, God’s flock is to be open to being “persuaded by” (peitho) elders. In the course of on-going discussion and teaching the flock is to be “convinced by” (peitho) its leaders. Mindless slave-like obedience is not the relationship pictured in the NT between elders and other Believers.

Heb 13:7 reflects the fact that the leadership “style” employed by elders is primarily one of direction by example: “Remember your leaders… Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.” Along this same line, 1 Th 5:12-13 reveals that godly elders are to be respected, not because of automatically inferred authority of rank, but because of the value of their service–”Hold them in highest regard in love because of their work.” Jesus said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave” (Mt 20:25-28).

We cannot allow our doctrines to contradict other parts of the word. What we have done is, explain one scripture but ignored the others because it doesn’t make sense to us. We have to just be OK with not knowing sometimes and allow the holy spirit to reveal it. Remember that our ways are not his ways and that what we think or how we feel often comes from our deceitful hearts. Don’t be too prideful to think you can’t be deceived, remember Jesus warn his very disciples not to be deceived by false teachers. These people heard Jesus word from his mouth yet they even had to be careful not to be deceived.

http://omarcarter.com/2010/03/21/does-scripture-tell-us-to-obey-pastors-and-submit-to-them/
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Joagbaje(m): 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
frosbel:

In Heb 13:17, believers are encouraged to “obey” church leaders. Interestingly, the Greek behind “obey” is not the regular Greek word for “obey.” Instead, peitho is used, which literally means “to persuade” or “to convince.” Thus, Heb 13:17 should be rendered “let yourselves be persuaded by.” This same verse also instructs believers to “submit” to the authority of their church leaders. As with “obey,” the common Greek word for “submit” is not used. Instead, hupeiko was chosen by the author, a word meaning “to give in, to yield” after a fight. It was used of combatants.
/

No sir. It doesn't mean to persuade leadership but rather to be persuaded ,convicted by leadership. You can also read other translations of scholars.

Hebrews 13:17
Be responsive to your pastoral leaders. Listen to their counsel. They are alert to the condition of your lives and work under the strict supervision of God. Contribute to the joy of their leadership, not its drudgery. Why would you want to make things harder for them?

In addition . Two key words are used here OBEY and SUBMIT . nothing can be clearer than that . Except we write a new bible .

Hebrews 13:17
Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account, so that they can do this with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by scarred: 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
This is a rather stranger term, but I like it, I think it's quite apt. Pastorization starts when believers delegate their cogitative functions to a spiritual authority figure. Pastorization persists because believers sometimes fail to understand that a spiritual journey is ultimately within the purview of the individual. The word says 'Seek ye...', which means you must look for, the Bible also says '...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.' When we fail at this task, it becomes the norm to have others dictate to you their interpretation of the word without allowing yourself to take some measure of responsibility for what you are being told.

Obedience to the word is not obedience to man, and whilst we might argue about the infallibility of the word, the fallibility of Man is a given. I like it when the word says '...come let us REASON together...', there is an element of spiritual cogitation and meditation that must occur before one arrives at a Truth. This Truth cannot tbe spoon fed to you. Pastorization occurs when counsel shifts to command or when guidance becomes law.

3 Likes

Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 21, 2013
scarred: This is a rather stranger term, but I like it, I think it's quite apt. Pastorization starts when believers delegate their cogitative functions to a spiritual authority figure. Pastorization persists because believers sometimes fail to understand that a spiritual journey is ultimately within the purview of the individual. The word says 'Seek ye...', which means you must look for, the Bible also says '...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.' When we fail at this task, it becomes the norm to have others dictate to you their interpretation of the word without allowing yourself to take some measure of responsibility for what you are being told.

Obedience to the word is not obedience to man, and whilst we might argue about the infallibility of the word, the fallibility of Man is a given. I like it when the word says '...come let us REASON together...', there is an element of spiritual cogitation and meditation that must occur before one arrives at a Truth. This Truth cannot tbe spoon fed to you. Pastorization occurs when counsel shifts to command or when guidance becomes law.

Wonderfully said.
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
Goshen360: @ Frosbel,

Whatz up son (of God)! Good work....of an evangelist. Keep doing it son.

Hey Bro , long time, I have been flat out busy at work, we have to skype soon.

God Bless.
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by alexleo(m): 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
frosbel:

I can never discourage anyone for that matter from assembling together with other believers , this is the key to our success, fellowship. The church , be it local, national or whatever , can meet assemble anywhere for this purpose.

what we should be against is seeing the pastor as a pope and taking church doctrine as final and infallible authority.

After all this is the model around which the catholic church is built.

I agree with you my brother. God bless you.
Re: The Pastorization' Of Christians by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
alexleo:

I agree with you my brother. God bless you.

Thanks.

Let me reiterate that there are some wonderful Pastors , Deacons and Apostles out there.

All I am saying and also the writer of this article , is that we should test all things and hold on to that which is good.

Fellowship is very very important.

These articles are targeted at hirelings and not true Shepherds.

Blessings.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looking deeper / Uk Charity Commission Takes Over Christ Embassy In The Uk / How God Showed Me The Vision Of Rapture And Hell 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.