Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,531 members, 7,770,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:03 AM

Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. (10916 Views)

Amaechi On 94.1FM Wazobia In Port Harcourt (photos) / Dokpesi Demands Solitary Confinement Against Assasination Plot By Tinubu-Wazobia / Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by olokfor: 10:16pm On Feb 22, 2013
The Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) today
closed down Wazobia FM Kano.The commission took
the action due to the Station’s deliberately inciting
the killing of 9 female health workers on
immunization assignment in the state.

SOURCE-www.informationnaija.com/breaking-news-wazobia-fm-kano-closed-down/

Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by confusion247(m): 10:40pm On Feb 22, 2013
Where is Arewa Consultative Forum? Where is Northern Governors Forum? Where is Northern Elders Forum? We are waiting to hear from you people.

2 Likes

Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by morgist(m): 12:13am On Feb 23, 2013
I cant believe this **********2nd to comment**********

Dancing Alingo************
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by koruji(m): 12:22am On Feb 23, 2013
The elements of a barbaric state continues to stare us in the face.
This is nothing but a defeatist, encouraging terrorist, behavior.
The democratic and progressive society of our dreams is one where every issue is open for discussion.
One in which nobody, aka Boko Haram, can claim that they are killing innocent people because the issue was discussed on radio.
And one in which the government stops aiding and abetting terrorists by virtually accepting that such excuse is valid.

olokfor: The Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) today

3 Likes

Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:25am On Feb 23, 2013
confusion247: Where is Arewa Consultative Forum? Where is Northern Governors Forum? Where is Northern Elders Forum? We are waiting to hear from you people.

^^^On the bolded: you're on a long thing mate!.....you'll only hear from them when their gravy train looks like it's about to be threatened, or if Ihejirika sneezes!

12 Likes

Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by manny4life(m): 1:28am On Feb 23, 2013
koruji: The elements of a barbaric state continues to stare us in the face.
This is nothing but a defeatist, encouraging terrorist, behavior.
The democratic and progressive society of our dreams is one where every issue is open for discussion.
One in which nobody, aka Boko Haram, can claim that they are killing innocent people because the issue was discussed on radio.
And one in which the government stops aiding and abetting terrorists by virtually accepting that such excuse is valid.

After all this big English, what the hell are you trying to say? undecided undecided undecided

Anyway, @topic,

How do they mean by "inciting"? This is wrong, how can you silence freedom of expression? angry angry

1 Like

Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by gramci: 8:48am On Feb 23, 2013
confusion247: Where is Arewa Consultative Forum? Where is Northern Governors Forum? Where is Northern Elders Forum? We are waiting to hear from you people.

They are asleep as usual
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by buoye1(m): 9:15am On Feb 23, 2013
Only God knws where our country is headin to!!!
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by thehomer: 9:16am On Feb 23, 2013
manny4life:

After all this big English, what the hell are you trying to say? undecided undecided undecided

Anyway, @topic,

How do they mean by "inciting"? This is wrong, how can you silence freedom of expression? angry angry

If they actually did the inciting, then it won't be wrong. Freedom of expression doesn't permit you to incite acts of violence against people.

2 Likes

Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by Bifam(m): 9:22am On Feb 23, 2013
Good thing & a thorough investigation be put in place and the people behind IT be fished out!

1 Like

Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 23, 2013
Nigeria is really in a big mess...Instead of dealing with the personnel involved in the so-called 'incitation',they're shutting down an element of development.

3 Likes

Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by Annie2gud(f): 9:23am On Feb 23, 2013
Kano has always bn a volatile Arena,thank God i left.does that mean,iyanga,simi,kaylah,and aboki are All jobless?
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by CeCeBillz(f): 9:25am On Feb 23, 2013
Maybecheesy
Annie2gud: Kano has always bn a volatile Arena,thank God i left.does that mean,iyanga,simi,kaylah,and aboki are All jobless?
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by moneyhungry(m): 9:26am On Feb 23, 2013
Annie2gud: Kano has always bn a volatile Arena,thank God i left.does that mean,iyanga,simi,kaylah,and aboki are All jobless?
yes, they are.
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by Bishop4bella(m): 9:27am On Feb 23, 2013
Is why d radio station is closed down what abt other private sectors in d state or wazobia owned FG.
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 23, 2013
In a volatile state like Kano,any form of incitation should be condemned. The media should know better,cos there is power in information.

1 Like

Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by galadee(m): 9:42am On Feb 23, 2013
i am not in support of the two events 'inciting' & 'closed down'
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 23, 2013

they are busy preparing for 2015 election .
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by ignis: 9:53am On Feb 23, 2013
Deliberately inciting the killing of 8 health workers?
How?

1 Like

Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 23, 2013
Hahahahaha!

"Rod" Luggard, come and dis-amalgamate us ooooooooo.

Radio station incited killings?

haba!

2 Likes

Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by Rich4god(m): 9:59am On Feb 23, 2013
Can some one plz help me explain this news cos i really dont understand it. Is it the radio station that incited the killing?
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by theripper: 10:04am On Feb 23, 2013
A volatile state like Kano? What d fcccuk does that mean? Are they animals there? As usual , ACF would blame the radio station and CAN, buncha of fatuous mofos.
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by vandarsar(m): 10:09am On Feb 23, 2013
You're probably a Boko Haram.

galadee: i am not in support of the two events 'inciting' & 'closed down'
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by mu2sa2: 10:16am On Feb 23, 2013
The radio station broadcast an interview with people who expressed personal doubts about the vaccination. That according to the "democratic" govt of nigeria warrants the closure of the radio station. And the result: dozens rendered jobless. Thousands, even millions, of people opposing the vaccination will not change the view any way.
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by HAH: 10:18am On Feb 23, 2013
This is purely barbaric, this guys just discussed an issue affecting all, is it a lie that pfizer conducted a bogus vaccination to test a drug in kano that killed so many children. They turned the kano children to guinea pig why didn't they test their drug US or UK
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by modextus(m): 10:18am On Feb 23, 2013
money-hungry :

yes, they are.
why should you think that they are all jobless..yanga,simi and aboki are with wazobia what brought kayla into that list..well you guys really dont know whats going down in kano..do you??kano radio stations has been as wak as sh1t before coolwazobia came in..all of this are just false acusations they made all other stations in kano seatup.i strongly think all of these are conspiracies by the other radio stations to take 'em out..i'm no really moved wid what happened sha..ama coolfm family member
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by otokx(m): 10:20am On Feb 23, 2013
so unfortunate, its not by force to accept modernization and they want to rule Nigeria... tufiakwa.
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by modextus(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2013
olokfor: The Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) today

i'l luv to remind ya'al that some people in the state are against the coolwazobia family.?could remember sometime lastyear that a letter was written to them that the station would be bombed?? These is the hand work of fellow radiostations in kano.coolwazobia are clearly ahead of 'em.
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by Hardfact: 10:38am On Feb 23, 2013
. . .and the story continues. Nigeria and her virtual peace and unity. Wazobia now a victim? Well, better safe than sorry. . .
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by ignis: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2013
modextus: i'l luv to remind ya'al that some people in the state are against the coolwazobia family.?could remember sometime lastyear that a letter was written to them that the station would be bombed?? These is the hand work of fellow radiostations in kano.coolwazobia are clearly ahead of 'em.
You are right on point.
Re: Wazobia FM Kano Closed Down. by skidos4u(m): 10:46am On Feb 23, 2013
i dnt knw y d north keps dragin us back as a nation. we were supos 2 v our ndepndns in 1958 yet dis illeterate region said der were nt ready, now its stil d same region dat is stil putin our naija name among d polio case nation. pls i ned an advice on hw we shld handle dis barbarians. dis ppl stil ned feedin bottle an we 4rm oder regions wnt 2 mov 4ward. how we go do naaaaaa!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kiss Daniel Fans Accused Him Of Killing His Father - Photos / Governor’s Wife Constructs Classrooms, Bridge For Communities / Obi, Udenwa, Ihedioha Reject ‘Imposition’ Of Anyanwu As Southeast PDP Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.