Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,924 members, 7,838,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image (4419 Views)

Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. / God Did "NOT" Create "ONLY" Adam But Many People - Obadiah777 Vs Goshen360 / The Purpose of Life (why were we created?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 11:14pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

when are you going to answer the science questions?

background radiation and expansion of the universe proves a starting point from energy, according to creationists
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by mazaje(m): 11:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

well perhaps you can start by telling us EXACTLY how the earth was created, how life evolved, how the galaxies were formed from expanding space and why exactly life exists on only one planet. Please provide a FACTUAL DESCRIPTION of the scientific evidence that disproves that God could have created the earth. As usual atheists NEVER answer any questions... they hide, deflect then ask the same tired questions that they have repeated on 200 threads.

I am not making any positive claim. . .You are the one making a positive claim for god. . .You have not even established through the scientific process that your god idea exist in the first place, yet you want me to disprove your idea scientifically or show how science disproves your idea that you have failed to even explain what it is?. . .Can't you see how ridiculous you sound?. . .Again if you can tell us exactly what your god is, how it looks like, how its voice sounds like, how exactly it interact with humans and the univserse etc. . .Please provide a factual description of your god’s characteristics and abilities so that we can be sure that we can pass it over to the scientist to help us know if it exist or not and tell us so that will know it when we see it, hear its voice or come in contact with it. Try to be as specific as possible to avoid ambiguity. If you do that then I will pass it over to the scientist and they will prove or disprove it. . So far and as it stands now science has nothing to do with your mytholgy and imaginations. .

1 Like

Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

background radiation and expansion of the universe proves a starting point from energy

and these assumptions are based on these having begun from completely empty vacuum?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 11:18pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

and these assumptions are based on these having begun from completely empty vacuum?

according to the creationists, yes.

and you are wrong, in the quantum physics sense, there is nothing like empty vacuum. THERE IS NO NOTHING IN QUANTUM PHYSICS, EVERYTHING IS FILLED WITH ENERGY
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 23, 2013
mazaje:

I am not making any positive claim. . .You are the one making a positive claim for god. . .You have not even established through the scientific process that your god idea exist in the first place, yet you want me to disprove your idea scientifically or show how science disproves your idea that you have failed to even explain what it is?. . .Can't you see how ridiculous you sound?. . .Again if you can tell us exactly what your god is, how it looks like, how its voice sounds like, how exactly it interact with humans and the univserse etc. . .Please provide a factual description of your god’s characteristics and abilities so that we can be sure that we can pass it over to the scientist to help us know if it exist or not and tell us so that will know it when we see it, hear its voice or come in contact with it. Try to be as specific as possible to avoid ambiguity. If you do that then I will pass it over to the scientist and they will prove or disprove it. . So far and as it stands now science has nothing to do with your mytholgy and imaginations. .

I'm not even sure you understand the point. I am not making a positive claim for God... infact on this thread i have made no claim for anything. I only came here to understand how science explains the issue of the earths creation and the beginning of life. So i will ask again for the 4th time - how does science disprove the existence of God?

Answering that question should not be dependent on whether i believe in God or not PROVIDED you have the scientific evidence you all claim exists.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

according to the creationists, yes.

and you are wrong, in the quantum physics sense, there is nothing like empty vacuum. THERE IS NO NOTHING IN QUANTUM PHYSICS, EVERYTHING IS FILLED WITH ENERGY

So you mean SOMETHING (matter) has ALWAYS existed?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 11:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
SO THE TERM "NOTHING COMES FROM NOTHING" HAS SELF DESTRUCT ACCORDING TO QUANTUM PHYSICS. wink
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 11:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

So you mean SOMETHING (matter) has ALWAYS existed?

[size=15pt]JESUS[/size]

DO YOU NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MATTER AND ENERGY. DUMB DUNCE angry
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by mazaje(m): 11:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

I'm not even sure you understand the point. I am not making a positive claim for God... infact on this thread i have made no claim for anything. I only came here to understand how science explains the issue of the earths creation and the beginning of life. So i will ask again for the 4th time - how does science disprove the existence of God?

Answering that question should not be dependent on whether i believe in God or not PROVIDED you have the scientific evidence you all claim exists.

God is a man made mythical idea, as such it has no verifiable evidence to support it and science has nothing to do with that mythtical idea. . .
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

[size=15pt]JESUS[/size]

DO YOU NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MATTER AND ENERGY. DUMB DUNCE angry

Matter - anything that has space and volume. You said earlier that the theory of space expansion is evidence for the fact that galaxies are moving farther from each other. that means to me that whatever started expanding at a particular time must have had SPACE and volume = matter.

So your point is what exactly?

That energy has always existed? From where did this energy come from? in what form was it and how did it exactly created solid matter?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
mazaje:

God is a man made mythical idea, as such it has no verifiable evidence to support it and science has nothing to do with that mythtical idea. . .

I ask again for the 5th time... how does science prove that God is a mythical idea?

How exactly does science explain the creation?

Still waiting for answers.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 11:38pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

Matter - anything that has space and volume. You said earlier that the theory of space expansion is evidence for the fact that galaxies are moving farther from each other. that means to me that whatever started expanding at a particular time must have had SPACE and volume = matter.

So your point is what exactly?

That energy has always existed? From where did this energy come from? in what form was it and how did it exactly created solid matter?

are u still in secondary school or did you just graduate and is still confused?

Have you forgotten the law that energy cannot be created or destroyed. not even your God can try.

Energy is the eternal, omnipresent unconscious charge, which make up quarks which make up matter.

or better still
ooman: Evolution explains perfectly the design we have in nature. Have you read about quarks, there are 3 different types of quarks, the up quark with +2/3 charge, the down quark with-1/3 charge and the strange quark with -1/3 charge.
The proton is combination of two up quarks and one down quark giving a total of +1, the neutron consist of two down quarks and one up quark giving a total of zero, other combination makes up the electron. This area is called particle physics. Now because the sub atomic particles are finite in the charges that made them up, they always combine in a definite proportion, if you are a chemistry student, you would remember the law of definite proportions, that a sample will always combine in the same ratio anywhere. Because of this specificity of subatomic particles, we have repetitive patterns in nature. WHAT WE HAVE IN NATURE ARE REPETITVE PATTERNS AND NEVER DESIGN, DESIGN IS A LAME MAN'S TERM. https://www.nairaland.com/1203154/faith-what-it-means-unprovable

and so, energy makes up matter which makes a god useless.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 11:39pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

I ask again for the 5th time... how does science prove that God is a mythical idea?

science never explains creation angry
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by mazaje(m): 11:39pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

History has already proven that god is a mythical idea and a man made construct, scince can not disprove a mythical construct. . .No god can be shown to exist on its own independent of human stories, what human culture choses to say or portray about such a god idea it created and human societal acceptance and infulence of the god idea it created. . .Science has nothing to do with the mythical god idea. . .Science can only disprove certain things written in mythical stories.. .For example lets take the myth about how the rain bow came about according to the bible. . .According to the bible the rainbow began about 4 thousand years ago after the mythical global flood, Science can disprove that narrative by showing that rainbow is simply a refraction of water droplets in the atmosphere and has been in existence for millions of years. .Any where there is a refraction of water droplets in the atmospher a rain bow will appear. . .Thats how science debunks fairy and mythical tales. . .

The scientific explanation for the creation of the universe is the BB. . .

1 Like

Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

are u still in secondary school or did you just graduate and is still confused?

Have you forgotten the law that energy cannot be created or destroyed. not even your God can try.

Energy is the eternal, omnipresent unconscious charge, which make up quarks which make up matter.

or better still

and so, energy makes up matter which makes a god useless.

Well the only difference between the "God" and your "eternal, omnipresent" energy is that one has interactions with humans with well established rules of engagement and one doesnt. Apart from that, both are eternal, omnipresent unconscious charges! So your problem isnt really about whether God exists or not but that He pokes his nose too much into the affairs of men? Ok gotcha.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
mazaje:

History has already proven that god is a mythical idea and a man made construct, scince can not disprove a mythical construct. . .No god can be shown to exist on its own independent of human stories, what human culture choses to say or portray about such a god idea it created and human societal acceptance and infulence of the god idea it created. . .Science has nothing to do with the mythical god idea. . .Science can only disprove certain things written in mythical stories.. .For example lets take the myth about how the rain bow came about according to the bible. . .According to the bible the rainbow began about 4 thousand years ago after the mythical global flood, Science can disprove that narrative by showing that rainbow is simply a refraction of water droplets in the atmosphere and has been in existence for millions of years. .Any where there is a refraction of water droplets in the atmospher a rain bow will appear. . .Thats how science debunks fairy and mythical tales. . .

Oh dear... i ask a question 5 times and all i get is a long 6-line diatribe on the mythical concept of God?

In the spirit of how YOU want your questions answered, i will extend the same courtesy to you that you please explain HOW the big ba.ng conclusively provides explanation for the creation of the universe. Can you tell us EXACTLY what the big b.ang is, how it started, how exactly it lead to the formation of life as we know it. Please provide a factual description of the events prior and immediately after the event in question. thanks.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by mazaje(m): 11:49pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

Oh dear... i ask a question 5 times and all i get is a long 6-line diatribe on the mythical concept of God?

In the spirit of how YOU want your questions answered, i will extend the same courtesy to you that you please explain HOW the big ba.ng conclusively provides explanation for the creation of the universe. Can you tell us EXACTLY what the big b.ang is, how it started, how exactly it lead to the formation of life as we know it. Please provide a factual description of the events prior and immediately after the event in question. thanks.

And where did I make any of the claims you are making above? Where did I say the scientific explanation says any of the nonsense you have put up there?. . .Below is the very first post I made on this thread. . .

mazaje:

The problem with people like davidylan is that the KNOW very well that their mythical belief are FALSE but due to excessive early childhood indoctrination and the fear of ancient tales and mythology he keeps on insisting that others MUST believe in something. . .My own is that know body knows anything as such no body can give you any credible evidence that can stand any test. There are MANY atheist like me that believe in nothing when it come to how the universe and humans on planet earth came about. . .Ever body is just speculating and that remains the fact. . .people like davidylan will tell you that science supports they man made god but when asked how they will begin to cry and speak in tongues. . .The question I always ask the tyheist that claim that their own specific god created the universe and ALWAYS fail to provide a single evidence for their lies is this. .Why asset something that you CAN"T even provide evidence for in the first place?. . .Scientist no matter how wild their claims are always try to provide some testable evidence or something that can be demonstrated even though its not sound enough. . When will these liars bring something other than words of mouth?. . .The fact that they are always telling others about a god they claims speaks to people and wants a personal relationship with him says it all. . .Deluded goons. . .

You seem not to know what you are on about. . .
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
mazaje:

And where did I make any of the claims you are making above? Where did I say the scientific explanation says any of the nonsense you have put up there?. . .Below is the very first post I made on this thread. . .

You seem not to know what you are on about. . .

Ok in your last post... you point is that "nobody knows" but earlier you had said that the scientific evidence was the BB.

I'm confused, do we know for a FACT that the BB is the scientific explanation or do we not know? It cant be both when it suits you.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 11:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

Well the only difference between the "God" and your "eternal, omnipresent" energy is that one has interactions with humans with well established rules of engagement and one doesnt. Apart from that, both are eternal, omnipresent unconscious charges! So your problem isnt really about whether God exists or not but that He pokes his nose too much into the affairs of men? Ok gotcha.

not just that, your dumb God is conscious, yet allow evil, but my ever loving energy, which gave itself to make me to be conscious is unconscious in its original form, yet conscious in its combined form, me.

My problem is not that your God pokes his nose down our affairs, my problem is that he claims to make us and care for us, yet he DOES NOT POKE HIS NOSE DOWN TO SAVE US FROM DISEASES AND DEATH, which he created AND WHICH LOOKED GOOD TO HIM ACCORDING TO GENESIS. After which he expects me to spend my very little precious time worshiping him so he can save me from hell.

who told him am afraid of hell? am not actually, because there, i will meet Einstein and Darwin and we can discuss making escaping to Goldielock. tongue
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by mazaje(m): 11:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

Ok in your last post... you point is that "nobody knows" but earlier you had said that the scientific evidence was the BB.

I'm confused, do we know for a FACT that the BB is the scientific explanation or do we not know? It cant be both when it suits you.

Learn to read. . .This was what I said. . .

mazaje:

Explanation and evidence are two very different things. . .
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 24, 2013
mazaje:

Learn to read. . .This was what I said. . .

Explanation and evidence are two very different things. . .

An explanation with no "evidence" at all is mere speculation based on faith. So is it your claim that BB has no evidence whatsoever and is merely a theory that may or may not be true?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 24, 2013
ooman4:

not just that, your dumb God is conscious, yet allow evil, but my ever loving energy, which gave itself to make me to be conscious is unconscious in its original form, yet conscious in its combined form, me.

My problem is not that your God pokes his nose down our affairs, my problem is that he claims to make us and care for us, yet he DOES NOT POKE HIS NOSE DOWN TO SAVE US FROM DISEASES AND DEATH, which he created AND WHICH LOOKED GOOD TO HIM ACCORDING TO GENESIS. After which he expects me to spend my very little precious time worshiping him so he can save me from hell.

who told him am afraid of hell? am not actually, because there, i will meet Einstein and Darwin and we can discuss making escaping to Goldielock. tongue

Ok so we can firmly establish that your problem with God isnt so much His existence but His nature since you believe that another "god" (aka energy) exists and is eternal and omnipresent?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 12:10am On Feb 24, 2013
davidylan:

Ok so we can firmly establish that your problem with God isnt so much His existence but His nature since you believe that another "god" (aka energy) exists and is eternal and omnipresent?

You know that is the problem i have with people like yourself. Once you discover something magnificent, you start worshiping it, do you worship the sun too, what about oxygen that gives you life? morons, wake up, NOTHING DESERVES WORSHIP.

My problem with your God is that he is proclaimed to be too perfect for him to create an imperfect world. with your knowledge of genetics, you know what spontaneous mutation means and its effect on embryology, the effect and causes of cancer and others. A perfect God would know better. This are the reasons why a GOD CANNOT EXIST IN NATURE, IT IS A TOTAL IMPOSSIBILITY.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 24, 2013
ooman4:

You know that is the problem i have with people like yourself. Once you discover something magnificent, you start worshiping it, do you worship the sun too, what about oxygen that gives you life? morons, wake up, NOTHING DESERVES WORSHIP.

My problem with your God is that he is proclaimed to be too perfect for him to create an imperfect world. with your knowledge of genetics, you know what spontaneous mutation means and its effect on embryology, the effect and causes of cancer and others. A perfect God would know better. This are the reasons why a GOD CANNOT EXIST IN NATURE, IT IS A TOTAL IMPOSSIBILITY.

but you do believe in a "god" aka energy. the only thing is that this "energy" does not require any worship from you neither do you have an sense of responsibility towards it. It appears to me again that what you have against God isnt so much the impossibility of his existence as much as you do not wish to deal with the consequences of having to live according to His rules.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 12:17am On Feb 24, 2013
davidylan:

but you do believe in a "god" aka energy. the only thing is that this "energy" does not require any worship from you neither do you have an sense of responsibility towards it. It appears to me again that what you have against God isnt so much the impossibility of his existence as much as you do not wish to deal with the consequences of having to live according to His rules.

dont force your stupi.dity on me. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ANY GOD, I DO NOT WORSHIP ANYTHING. THE WORD "GOD" DOES NOT EXIST IN MY DICTIONARY.

WHAT I HAVE AGAINST YOUR GOD IS THE IMPOSSIBILITY OF HIS EXISTENCE, I WAS A XTIAN BEFORE, IF THAT WILL HELP. I DISCOVERED YOUR GOD DOES NOT EXIST WHEN I DISCOVERED THAT EVERYTHING CAME FROM ENERGY.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 24, 2013
ooman4:

dont force your stupi.dity on me. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ANY GOD, I DO NOT WORSHIP ANYTHING. THE WORD "GOD" DOES NOT EXIST IN MY DICTIONARY.

WHAT I HAVE AGAINST YOUR GOD IS THE IMPOSSIBILITY OF HIS EXISTENCE, I WAS A XTIAN BEFORE, IF THAT WILL HELP. I DISCOVERED YOUR GOD DOES NOT EXIST WHEN I DISCOVERED THAT EVERYTHING CAME FROM ENERGY.

why are you shouting? grin Anyone chasing you?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 1:00am On Feb 24, 2013
davidylan:

why are you shouting? grin Anyone chasing you?

Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 24, 2013
[quote author=ooman4][/quote]

hmmm i wonder why the internet meme you posted has "unforgiven" in its web line.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 1:04am On Feb 24, 2013
davidylan:

hmmm i wonder why the internet meme you posted has "unforgiven" in its web line.

are you afraid of hell?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 24, 2013
ooman4:

are you afraid of hell?

Me? Never... why? You seem to be the one yelling in fear. cheesy
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 1:13am On Feb 24, 2013
davidylan:

Me? Never... why? You seem to be the one yelling in fear. cheesy

Me? Never...why? you seem to be the one who sold your soul because of fear of hell cheesy
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 24, 2013
ooman4:

Me? Never...why? you seem to be the one who sold your soul because of fear of hell cheesy

I wasnt asking you directly... i frankly dont care. I was only amused at why you were shouting so loudly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Things Worse Than Death / Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) / The Four Types Of Tithes As Mentioned in The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.