Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,732 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. (4835 Views)

Who Says God Can Not Change Your Story (photo) / God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image / God Did "NOT" Create "ONLY" Adam But Many People - Obadiah777 Vs Goshen360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by plaetton: 7:22am On Aug 19, 2013
The bible is a book that conceals as well as reveals. Over the years I found that the authors of the bible and the later day editors tried as much to choose their words carefully to convey what they understood. So, where something is concealed in the bible is also where it is revealed.

Whenever I notice any inappropriate use of a word, words or phrases, I try as much to figure out what is deliberately being omitted or the idea being be revealed.

It is now well accepted by enlightened humanity that the biblical stories are mere allegories meant to convey certain philosophical, moral, ethical , and even scientific ideas.

So, by following carefully the use of words in the bible, we can get a better ideas of what the authors were trying to convey in the only type of language that they knew.

1. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
The first thing we learn here is that water was already pre-existent even before the earth took its spherical shape. There is no mention of how the waters came to be in the first place.

2. Second one is : v7. And God made the firmament(sky), and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Again we are confused because the bible is telling is that the sky divides the pre-existent waters, so that one is below and the other is above sky. But we are not aware of any body of water above the sky.

3. V16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Here we see that god makes two great lights, the sun and moon on the third day of creation. The question here is of course, how were the two previous days measured without the sun to give day?

4.Verse 26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, ......,

It is important here that we examine the words very very carefully. God supposedly said to his colleagues to " let us make man in our image and our likeness".
This presupposes that man pre-existed and the gods just wanted to make man or remodel man, a pre-existent creature, into their own image and likeness. And this is what they did.

What is also very very interesting is that the above interpretation is exactly what the Ancient Sumerian cuineiform Tablets say in great detail, with even pictorials, that : The Elohim(the gods who came from above) made man by genetically cross-breading a primitive homo-habilis, probably the Neantherthals, to produce homo-sapiens(thinking man).

5. Verse 28: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Again, the key words and phrase to ponder are , "be fruitful, multiply and replenish the earth."

Replenish?
Replenish means to refill, to restock, to repopulate.
This , again, subtly conveys the idea that this particular human project could not have been the first of its kind. It tells us that this particular group of Elohim genetically bio-engineered homo sapiens( with higher brain power) as a hybrid species to dominate, and repopulate the earth, perhaps from the destructions and devastating fallouts from the wars that began in their heavenly domain and then brought down to a fledging young planet earth.

Again, this is exactly what the Sumerian tablets, the original prototype from which bible was copied, informs us.

Now, from a scientific and evolutionary point of view, every thing in Genesis 1 makes sense if only one takes out the words "god", "created" and "day". These three words were the simple substitutions that the Hebrew scribes had to make in order to glorify and give credit to their own local deity, yahweh.

If one examines genesis 1, one sees a strong corrolation with what we know and accept as the scientific theory of evolution:
From the big ban.g(Let there be light), the formation of the sun and the stars, the gradual establishment of the earth's orbit around the sun to give day,night and the seasons. The formation of the dry land from from earth's crust, the cooling of the earth and formation of water vapors.
Even more pronounced is the emergency of the first living forms from water, their multiplication,their increased complexity, and their eventual emergence onto dry land. V20: And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
V24:24] And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Genesis also describes, in is own language, the divergence of the different life forms to and the formation of new species, right up to the genetic hybridization of modern homo sapiens.

The genetic manipulation of the Neantherthal man or some other lower species of hominids to produce homo sapiens corrolates perfectly with the missing link dilemma in the evolutionary biology.
For it proves that there was indeed a huge leap in the evolutionary chain from a lower species of hominids to homo sapiens. Only a deliberate genetic manipulation of an existing and evolving hominid species could have accounted for such a great leap.

So, the next time you are reading the book of genesis 1, remove your religious glasses and understand it for the scientific information the authors were trying to convey through their allegories.

It was a process that occurred over a period of 14 billion years, not six days.

6 Likes

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by Nerosoft19(m): 8:34am On Aug 19, 2013
really
Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by lymelyte(m): 9:02am On Aug 19, 2013
Bro,there are still an unexplainable phenomenon will can never fathom.we are moving from the unknown to the known and back to the unknown.it is a vicious circle.
Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by NewAlfa: 9:15am On Aug 19, 2013
plaetton, where did say god did not create man?
Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by Olucheye(m): 9:19am On Aug 19, 2013
Life isn't something yo can comprehend easily! Great expose there.

Will reserve comment till it hits FP
Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by enilove(m): 9:29am On Aug 19, 2013
Let us "create" man in our image is not d same as let us "recreate" man in our image...

Replenish in the Merriam Webster dictionary means
"to fill with persons or animal ,to supply fully."

The above is definitions shows that "replenish" can also mean to "fill" as well as to "refill".

Let "us" make man in our image truly means God was communicating with someone. This can be explained in
Proverbs 8:22-36 KJV
The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. [23] I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. [24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. [25] Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: [26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. [27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: [28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: [29] When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: [30] Then I was by him, as one brought up with him : and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; [31] Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men. [32] Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. [33] Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. [34] Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. [35] For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord . [36] But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

God was talking with the Lord Jesus Christ .

So,in what way did the Bible say God did not create man?

As time goes on,the foolishness of some people will manifest into making them to say that the set of chairs in their homes were not manufactured by any one .

4 Likes

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by MrTroll(m): 9:33am On Aug 19, 2013
Good luck trying to convince the religious folks kiss kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by PastorKun(m): 10:31am On Aug 19, 2013
@Plaetton Did you write all you posted in the OP? Or was it copied from somewhere? If you did write it , it means your atheist credentials are seriously in doubt grin as you have at least acknowledged the existence of super natural beings tongue anyway keep searching and God would eventually reveal himself to you smiley

5 Likes

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by pictures: 10:49am On Aug 19, 2013
First thing to know is that God never lie. What you read in the bible is
a summary of events because even the bible said the miracles of Jesus were
so many that there are not enough books to write them. Whatever is hidden in
the bible is left for us to search it out . Science is a way of looking at these
matters but using the Bible as foundation and as a guide. Six days to God may be
14 billion years to man , moreover scientific theories are always changing , even the
time you use is not very accurate . Scientist recently found a planet that orbit it's star every 2 days,
meaning their calender year is 2 days but here is 365 days. You see that time calculation
there is different from ours. Believe what the bible says, because let all men be liars but God be
true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by bolaino(m): 10:55am On Aug 19, 2013
I'm not sure plaethon wrote this, but nice piece though. And there are some valid arguments there.
Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by Judas2013: 11:07am On Aug 19, 2013
New Alfa: plaetton, where did say god did not create man?

If you read the Bible, Genesis 1:26, it will say "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness".
So its not hard to imagine there were multiple Gods actually. Its very clear i think. They modified the humanoids on the planet to be more intelligent . They were put in a seperate garden,away from the other creature to be monitored. There comes in the story of Cain . He begged one of the gods not to let the other humanoids kill him.

Another intriguing part is one one that stated god walked in the garden and Adam could hear his foot steps. That meant the gods were flesh and blood.

The bible claimed the earth was desolate and without form; meaning a huge war happened( probably atomic weapons were used) and now they are re- engineering man to be on the planet and re- populate like we have done today.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by Judas2013: 11:22am On Aug 19, 2013
Pastor Kun: @Plaetton Did you write all you posted in the OP? Or was it copied from somewhere? If you did write it , it means your atheist credentials are seriously in doubt grin as you have at least acknowledged the existence of super natural beings tongue anyway keep searching and God would eventually reveal himself to you smiley

Is it not in your bible? You need to re-read the bible without a religious belief in your mind. The stories are clear. There is not one God but several. That was why one of the gods(yahweh) said he was jealous! Apparently there were similar gods to him.

Psalm 82:1 says[b]elohim standed in the congregation of the gods[/i]. This passage says it all! There are several gods.

But these god destroyed Sodom and Gommarah with an atomic bomb, they created the flood etc. these fact showed they did not use supernatural abilities but technology.

Haven said that, these people were called gods by the ancient people not our generation. I am very sure if we saw them like moses did,Abraham did, we will see them as simply technologically advanced than we are. How could a God supposedly labelled a spirit land with so much noise on mount Sinai? Imagine the ancient man seeing an helicopter! They will worship with fear.

5 Likes

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:50am On Aug 19, 2013
Judas2013:

If you read the Bible, Genesis 1:26, it will say "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness".
So its not hard to imagine there were multiple Gods actually. Its very clear i think. They modified the humanoids on the planet to be more intelligent . They were put in a seperate garden,away from the other creature to be monitored. There comes in the story of Cain . He begged one of the gods not to let the other humanoids kill him.

Another intriguing part is one one that stated god walked in the garden and Adam could hear his foot steps. That meant the gods were flesh and blood.

The bible claimed the earth was desolate and without form; meaning a huge war happened( probably atomic weapons were used) and now they are re- engineering man to be on the planet and re- populate like we have done today.

We are getting somewhere. God is/was an Alien from another planet or a higher intelligent species here on earth which are all dead.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
Judas2013:

Is it not in your bible? You need to re-read the bible without a religious belief in your mind. The stories are clear. There is not one God but several. That was why one of the gods(yahweh) said he was jealous! Apparently there were similar gods to him.

Psalm 82:1 says[b]elohim standed in the congregation of the gods[/i]. This passage says it all! There are several gods.

But these god destroyed Sodom and Gommarah with an atomic bomb, they created the flood etc. these fact showed they did not use supernatural abilities but technology.

Haven said that, these people were called gods by the ancient people not our generation. I am very sure if we saw them like moses did, Abraham did, we will see them as simply technologically advanced than we are. How could a God supposedly labelled a spirit land with so much noise on mount Sinai? Imagine the ancient man seeing an helicopter! They will worship with fear.

Abraham didn't exist. Even Galatian 4:24 attest to this.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by plaetton: 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
bolaino: I'm not sure plaethon wrote this, but nice piece though. And there are some valid arguments there.

I sure did. And it does not contradict my atheistic worldviews.
There is overwhelming body of written and archeological evidence that man is a hybrid creature genetically engineered from a previous lower species of hominids.
The missing link in man's evolution points to that.
The appearance of home sapiens was to sudden from an evolutionary standpoint.

The gods herein referred to were obviously an advanced race from the heavens(another world).
The bible, the Koran, the vedas, the popul you, the enuma elish and all sacred scriptures and tales for every single culture affirms these facts

Religion is the cancer of humanity that robs us of truth.

5 Likes

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by omotayokay: 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
yes, man already existed, in the form of dust! And God, with other gods made man in His own image, likeness, and form...using the Bible to tackle its claims just doesnt make any sense....go and dig and come with you own facts and proofs
Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by NewAlfa: 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2013
Judas2013:

"Let us make" is very different from "let us modify". Infact, "to make" is a synonym of "to create".

1 Like

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
Please don't believe all you read even in bible commentaries. I read in the most popular commentary "Matthew Henry's Commentary" that God created everything but did not create darkness except the darkness of affliction. I believed then but as I read my bible further, it also says God created everything.. light, darkness, good and bad.

So beware!
Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by plaetton: 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pastor Kun: @Plaetton Did you write all you posted in the OP? Or was it copied from somewhere? If you did write it , it means your atheist credentials are seriously in doubt grin as you have at least acknowledged the existence of super natural beings tongue anyway keep searching and God would eventually reveal himself to you smiley

Well sir, it depends on what you mean by " supernatural beings".
Infact, with kind of technological gadgets you have at your disposal today, your ancestors would consider you a supernatural being if they had the chance to see you now.

Supernatural simply means things beyond current understanding. Obviously ancient humans came into contact with beings and phenomena that was beyond their immediate grasp.

My atheistic worldview is not compromised at all.
This current opinion puts evolution and the descent of man in proper perspective. It also explains the origins of religious belief.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
plaetton: The bible is a book that conceals as well as reveals. Over the years I found that the authors of the bible and the later day editors tried as much to choose their words carefully to convey what they understood. So, where something is concealed in the bible is also where it is revealed.

Whenever I notice any inappropriate use of a word, words or phrases, I try as much to figure out what is deliberately being omitted or the idea being be revealed.

It is now well accepted by enlightened humanity that the biblical stories are mere allegories meant to convey certain philosophical, moral, ethical , and even scientific ideas.

So, by following carefully the use of words in the bible, we can get a better ideas of what the authors were trying to convey in the only type of language that they knew.

1. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
The first thing we learn here is that water was already pre-existent even before the earth took its spherical shape. There is no mention of how the waters came to be in the first place.

2. Second one is : v7. And God made the firmament(sky), and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Again we are confused because the bible is telling is that the sky divides the pre-existent waters, so that one is below and the other is above sky. But we are not aware of any body of water above the sky.

3. V16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Here we see that god makes two great lights, the sun and moon on the third day of creation. The question here is of course, how were the two previous days measured without the sun to give day?

4.Verse 26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, ......,

It is important here that we examine the words very very carefully. God supposedly said to his colleagues to " let us make man in our image and our likeness".
This presupposes that man pre-existed and the gods just wanted to make man or remodel man, a pre-existent creature, into their own image and likeness. And this is what they did.

What is also very very interesting is that the above interpretation is exactly what the Ancient Sumerian cuineiform Tablets say in great detail, with even pictorials, that : The Elohim(the gods who came from above) made man by genetically cross-breading a primitive homo-habilis, probably the Neantherthals, to produce homo-sapiens(thinking man).

5. Verse 28: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Again, the key words and phrase to ponder are , "be fruitful, multiply and replenish the earth."

Replenish?
Replenish means to refill, to restock, to repopulate.
This , again, subtly conveys the idea that this particular human project could not have been the first of its kind. It tells us that this particular group of Elohim genetically bio-engineered homo sapiens( with higher brain power) as a hybrid species to dominate, and repopulate the earth, perhaps from the destructions and devastating fallouts from the wars that began in their heavenly domain and then brought down to a fledging young planet earth.

Again, this is exactly what the Sumerian tablets, the original prototype from which bible was copied, informs us.

Now, from a scientific and evolutionary point of view, every thing in Genesis 1 makes sense if only one takes out the words "god", "created" and "day". These three words were the simple substitutions that the Hebrew scribes had to make in order to glorify and give credit to their own local deity, yahweh.

If one examines genesis 1, one sees a strong corrolation with what we know and accept as the scientific theory of evolution:
From the big ban.g(Let there be light), the formation of the sun and the stars, the gradual establishment of the earth's orbit around the sun to give day,night and the seasons. The formation of the dry land from from earth's crust, the cooling of the earth and formation of water vapors.
Even more pronounced is the emergency of the first living forms from water, their multiplication,their increased complexity, and their eventual emergence onto dry land. V20: And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
V24:24] And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Genesis also describes, in is own language, the divergence of the different life forms to and the formation of new species, right up to the genetic hybridization of modern homo sapiens.

The genetic manipulation of the Neantherthal man or some other lower species of hominids to produce homo sapiens corrolates perfectly with the missing link dilemma in the evolutionary biology.
For it proves that there was indeed a huge leap in the evolutionary chain from a lower species of hominids to homo sapiens. Only a deliberate genetic manipulation of an existing and evolving hominid species could have accounted for such a great leap.

So, the next time you are reading the book of genesis 1, remove your religious glasses and understand it for the scientific information the authors were trying to convey through their allegories.

It was a process that occurred over a period of 14 billion years, not six days.

Let me comment on what you've said one by one...

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters... Water was not pre-existent like Matthew Henry also said Darkness was pre-existence in his commentary. He came with the creation of the earth. I think it was like muddy... no shape... Water connects the heavens and the earth because the bible also pointed to when God divided the waters above from that of below... so when he created the heavens, the event was not recorded and what happened before he created the earth might have taken place in five thousand years or so. The earth that was created was contained in the waters connected to the heavens and then separated... Please I will like you to follow me and also correct me where I am wrong...

If you mean how the former days were governed before the lights were created, I want you to know that God can create in darkness and he sees all he created while they were in darkness. He himself is the light that shines... the light for the new coming world where sun or moon will not be needed mind you.

In the creation of man, I want you to know something... There is the Body, Soul and Spirit. The pre-existence of man is in the Spirit. I repeat... the pre-existence of man is in the Spirit because we ourselves are gods. It is written in YOUR bible if you use the common ones sold on Nigerian pedestrian bridges. God created man in the body... A new man... A new entity... A new abode... A new carrier for the spirit ... the life... the breath he gave into it. It is a carrier into this dirty world and then leaves when the dirty carrier dies.

I like the idea of you saying not just six days, which is true... because day was not counted using sun and moon then but using time of rest. When God said we should replenish, he simple means that we should GROW... increase... wisen up...

How I wish you are feeling me guy....
Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by plaetton: 3:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
The religiously suffused mind is an intriguing piece of work.
It is a mishmash of contradictions, miraculously existing in the sweet bliss of ignorance. a an belief system that contradicts itself.

A religious mind believes that there is a one and only god, and yet that god is saying " come let us" many times in the bible. They say he was talking to Jesus. Ha ha ha. But the bible never said so. And even if he was,having a son means that you are more than one. Having a son also logically implies that one has to have a wife or a female consort, in other words, a family. Not so?
So from one and only god, we now may have a one and only family. And where there is one family, there must of course be a previous family, inlaws,extended family, etc. not so?

Again, the religious mind believes that god lives in heaven. But where is heaven? Heaven is beyond the sky, so heaven is definitely beyond our earth. Therefore, heaven is another world, near or very far beyond our earth.
Therefore, it follows that if god and his army of angels live in heaven, then god and his clan are Extra-terrestial beings. Extraterrestial means beyond our earth.

So, can my christian friends accept that god is an extra terrestial? Probably not.
Cognitive desonance!.

My religious friends believe that there is a one and only god, yet god has a host(army) of angels living with him in heaven.
Infact, we are told that there was discontent and rebellion by another faction against god's rule in heaven.
And that a great war was fought in heaven, reaching the earth as the rebels were eventually defeated and had to retreat to the earth. wow!.
Can you connect the dots?
Does this not sound like an advanced civilization at war with itself? For the rebels to have been defeated, advanced weaponry must have been used. That is obvious. You cannot defeat your enemies in battle without a large army and a superior advanced weaponry.

Another contradiction that stares the religious mind in the face is the fact the leaders of the rebellion, lucifer, satan , or whatever you call them are still roaming free on earth to torment, haunt and sabotage the good works of the gracious god. If this is true, it only means that Lucifer/ satan is just another powerful god with his clan and armies. Do you agree?

I am not pulling these out of my bottom. No, these are from the bible.
Yet the average religious mind cannot accept that god, the gods,angels ,lucifer and all the armies are/were definitely not native to the earth, and therefore were extra-terrestials.

6 Likes

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by PastorKun(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
plaetton:

Well sir, it depends on what you mean by " supernatural beings".
Infact, with kind of technological gadgets you have at your disposal today, your ancestors would consider you a supernatural being if they had the chance to see you now.

Supernatural simply means things beyond current understanding. Obviously ancient humans came into contact with beings and phenomena that was beyond their immediate grasp.

My atheistic worldview is not compromised at all.
This current opinion puts evolution and the descent of man in proper perspective. It also explains the origins of religious belief.

Whilst I concede that the book of genesis cannot be read and understood on the surface, you have at least admitted by your writings that the bible is true but only misunderstood. That deals a serious blow on your atheist credentials grin anyway I am glad you are searching the scriptures, keep searching as the truth of God would surely be revealed to you.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
plaetton: The religiously suffused mind is an intriguing piece of work.
It is a mishmash of contradictions, miraculously existing in the sweet bliss of ignorance. a an belief system that contradicts itself.

A religious mind believes that there is a one and only god, and yet that god is saying " come let us" many times in the bible. They say he was talking to Jesus. Ha ha ha. But the bible never said so. And even if he was,having a son means that you are more than one. Having a son also logically implies that one has to have a wife or a female consort, in other words, a family. Not so?
So from one and only god, we now may have a one and only family. And where there is one family, there must of course be a previous family, inlaws,extended family, etc. not so?

Again, the religious mind believes that god lives in heaven. But where is heaven? Heaven is beyond the sky, so heaven is definitely beyond our earth. Therefore, heaven is another world, near or very far beyond our earth.
Therefore, it follows that if god and his army of angels live in heaven, then god and his clan are Extra-terrestial beings. Extraterrestial means beyond our earth.

So, can my christian friends accept that god is an extra terrestial? Probably not.
Cognitive desonance!.

My religious friends believe that there is a one and only god, yet god has a host(army) of angels living with him in heaven.
Infact, we are told that there was discontent and rebellion by another faction against god's rule in heaven.
And that a great war was fought in heaven, reaching the earth as the rebels were eventually defeated and had to retreat to the earth. wow!.
Can you connect the dots?
Does this not sound like an advanced civilization at war with itself? For the rebels to have been defeated, advanced weaponry must have been used. That is obvious. You cannot defeat your enemies in battle without a large army and a superior advanced weaponry.

Another contradiction that stares the religious mind in the face is the fact the leaders of the rebellion, lucifer, satan , or whatever you call them are still roaming free on earth to torment, haunt and sabotage the good works of the gracious god. If this is true, it only means that Lucifer/ satan is just another powerful god with his clan and armies. Do you agree?

I am not pulling these out of my bottom. No, these are from the bible.
Yet the average religious mind cannot accept that god, the gods,angels ,lucifer and all the armies are/were definitely not native to the earth, and therefore were extra-terrestials.

Guy,

Let me explain what I know to you. God did not beget Jesus as you are implying. They are different entities but unified in making decisions. God said this is my beloved son... meaning a son I can talk of and be proud of... Not necessarily someone I had sex before giving birth to... But someone that gives respect to my words that is why we here also say "Oh... he is my step-son" meaning I can give command to him and he obeys me.

God is not extra terrestrial...

"
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Extraterrestrial may refer to any object or being beyond (extra-) the planet Earth (terrestrial). It is derived from the Latin Root extra ("outside", "outwards"wink and terrestris ("earthly", "of or relating to the Earth"wink.
"

So God is not earthly at all... If you know maths or let us use programming well enough, you will understand inheritance in OO. Earth emanates from the handwork of God and God is not of relating to earth but earth related to him as an extension of part of His works.

Mind you, when God created His host of Angels (,which are not much documented in the bible but I believe it should be between the time he created the heavens and the earth), He gave them the power of choice with their powers he already deposited in them. The good lucifer decided to chose otherwise after being buffed up with pride, polluted some other guys and then rebelled against God Almighty and there was war in heaven, Lucifer lost his place and during that process.... please follow me.... during that process Man was created and then to replace Lucifer in solely the worship of God (Please find my attached image)
Satan thereafter went after Man in the garden after the fall because he has lost his place in worshiping God... standing in His presence and not his powers. Same thing applies if you are a pastor and then backslides, you still have your gifts to do whatever you want.
Note also that the great war did not involve God at all, so he was doing something else... doing what? the works of creation. Micheal and his angels were the ones fighting and not creating... oh... how i love this section of Nairaland...
So, God is not extraterrestrial as you think... because his root is not from earth. QED

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by plaetton: 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Whilst I concede that the book of genesis cannot be read and understood on the surface, you have at least admitted by your writings that the bible is true but only misunderstood. That deals a serious blow on your atheist credentials grin anyway I am glad you are searching the scriptures, keep searching as the truth of God would surely be revealed to you.
The genesis account in the bible is only an abreviated version of much older summerian texts as evidenced by the enuma elish. The ancient Hebrews plagerised it when they were in captivity in Babylon. This is a historical fact.

Now, what is important to keep in my mind is that the sumerians who wrote the original text did so as part of their own body of historical knowledge, not as a religiously inspired work.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
plaetton:
The genesis account in the bible is only an abreviated version of much older summerian texts as evidenced by the enuma elish. The ancient Hebrews plagerised it when they were in captivity in Babylon. This is a historical fact.

Now, what is important to keep in my mind is that the sumerians who wrote the original text did so as part of their own body of historical knowledge, not as a religiously inspired work.

I can say you are right partly but not solely on their own historical knowledge but on inspiration from God.
Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
@op. these conclusion and misinterpretation will only keep you in the dark. the bible is a spiritual book, it is not what your changing scientific theory can twist to its liking.

the genesis account is historical, explaining how we began. it will never support your mysterious big bang.

The bible tells science whether it is wrong or right, not the other way round.
Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2013
plaetton:

Are you a Christian or an atheist? how can you say that genesis is not inspired? and who told you all these lies you stated above?
Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
plaetton:

Are you a Christian or an atheist? how can you say that genesis is not inspired? and who told you all these lies you stated above?
Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by plaetton: 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
JMAN05:

You haven't addressed any issues raised by my post, rather, you are simply reasserting you blindfaith beliefs.
cognitive disonance

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 19, 2013
[quote author=plaetton]

<<The genesis account in the bible is only an abreviated version of much older summerian texts as evidenced by the enuma elish. The ancient Hebrews plagerised it when they were in captivity in Babylon. This is a historical fact.>>

the jews cannot plagiarise it because the account of genesis has been written before babylonian captivity.

how can Moses go to use a story compiled by pagans as an account for people who serve the Most High?

that the babylonian creation account has little difference in letter doesnt make them the same, as myth. afterall, men have similar origin.

comparing the two laws will show the difference.

<<Now, what is important to keep in my mind is that the sumerians who wrote the original text did so as part of their own body of historical knowledge, not as a religiously inspired work.>>

yes, there's is a myth but not bible's. Jesus and the apostle confirm the genesis account as historical.
Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by druid06(m): 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
Someone's been watching Ancient Aliens on the History Channel. I can not deny the fact that some points are compelling and help fill in the gaps in the Bible especially in genesis.

I would only become an atheist as my good brother plaeton if an archeological piece is recovered like a tool or weapon from the supposedly intelligent being who were before our ancestors. If they truly artificially engineered us into this man we are today, surely they might have left some of their tools, weapons behind..

Don't you think Mr. Plaeton?

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. by Leap4sure(m): 9:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hello there, I so much love the ongoing discussion. I will like to affirm that the book of Genesis is a true account of the creation given through the hand of Moses. However, I agree with comments that Genesis is condensed and so leave much questions begging for answers.
For those with open mind and willing to read wide, you can get an expanded view of the book of Genesis from a compendium called “ Pearl of Great Price” in this link. http://www.sacred-texts.com/mor/pgp/

Happy reading! smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christianity And Intolerance / Happy Birthday To Bishop David Abioye! / Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.