Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club (11069 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Dalung, Lalong And Others At WestAfrica Golf Tour Tee-off At IBB Intl Golf Club / Golf Club Van Plunged Into Lagos River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Korrection(m): 2:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
A drama ensued today when the PS to oshiomhole Gen. Oloye stormed the benin golf club to close it down at about 2 p.m claiming they were playing golf during enviromental.. I smell politics with the Gov. trying to take over the club land with a statement that Major Oloye made and i quote.. This club house supposed to be temporary and not permanent.I ask is it wrong to take over the golf club which is the home of golf by Pa Enahoro??
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by mapet: 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2013
1. I think the Oloye went overboard or he's an illiterate....
2. Golf courses are private properties, well secured and not in anyway disturbing the public peace or affecting the environmental sanitation exercise.
3. In Lagos, all golf courses are fully loaded during environmental sanitation exercise, because that's even a good time to play as the course will not be busy, hence you can enjoy your game.
4. For me the pertinent question is, when is it part of our laws that government official storms private property to demand people partake in environmental sanitation excercises.
5. Benin Golf Club should sue Oloye and Oshiomole fast......we are not in military era-----that's if the story is true.

But I guess the club would have been opened by now and the oloye guy would have been warned in strong terms; going by the number of influential people that play golf, he'll be suprised that his warning would even come from military quarters

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by OmoTier1(m): 9:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
mapet: 1. I think the Oloye went overboard or he's an illiterate....
2. Golf courses are private properties, well secured and not in anyway disturbing the public peace or affecting the environmental sanitation exercise.
3. In Lagos, all golf courses are fully loaded during environmental sanitation exercise, because that's even a good time to play as the course will not be busy, hence you can enjoy your game.
4. For me the pertinent question is, when is it part of our laws that government official storms private property to demand people partake in environmental sanitation excercises.
5. Benin Golf Club should sue Oloye and Oshiomole fast......we are not in military era-----that's if the story is true.

But I guess the club would have been opened by now and the oloye guy would have been warned in strong terms; going by the number of influential people that play golf, he'll be suprised that his warning would even come from military quarters
@ bold, if you claim golf courses are private properties, so churches should be allowed to hold weddings, services during environmental hours as they are also private properties? No undecided. Why should an igbo trader on mission road be asked to close shop for much of the day to do cleaning of His environment and some 'above the law' few will be golfing away on the green? Are they not citizens of the state who should obey the law too? Can't the golf club management take time to also tidy up the environment around Osadebe avenue? Go to the golf course lane and see how untidy it is!

17 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by homerac7: 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2013

seems u r a true golfer from your "inside" knowledge of how the thing runs. wetin b ya h/c? ....10 here wink wink wink
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
Nigerian upper class are bunches of mo'r'onic hypocrites who would rather disobey their home government laws but obey every laws when in a foreign nation.

I don't know where a private property supercedes the state in this world except Nigeria.nonsense !

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Korrection(m): 4:25am On Feb 24, 2013
Sorry but how much do you know of the game?
~Bluetooth:

Nigerian upper class are bunches of mo'r'onic hypocrites who would rather disobey their home government laws but obey every laws when in a foreign nation.

I don't know where a private property supercedes the state in this world except Nigeria.nonsense !
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by mapet: 9:34am On Feb 25, 2013
@Omo_Tier1,

1. I don't know if it is plain ignorance of endemic Nairaland flu that you've caught.
2. I'm tempted to believe you don't even know how a club system operates or what is the rubbish arguement you're putting up here? comparing a church to a golf club is plain ridiculous. I wonder how I can even explain
3. Let me tell you some facts. The only reason Oloye could barge into Benin golf club is because the perimenter fence is barb-wired, hence you can see through. It is a private property and what goes on INSIDE the club is nobody's business.
4. Have you heard any governor's officer barge into Ikeja, Ikoyi, Dolphin, Abeokuta, Asaba, ShellClub in Warri, Ewekoro golf, IBB clubs and put them under lock and key because of environmental Sanitation exercises? Have anybody gone to Ibom, Ada, Nike lakes etc which are Hotels and Golf Clubs and put them under lock and key because it is environmental sanitation?
5. You practically lost me with your dumb "Igbo-trader" argument and there is no way you can comprehend the issues here......not worth it.
Omo_Tier1:
@ bold, if you claim golf courses are private properties, so churches should be allowed to hold weddings, services during environmental hours as they are also private properties? No undecided. Why should an igbo trader on mission road be asked to close shop for much of the day to do cleaning of His environment and some 'above the law' few will be golfing away on the green? Are they not citizens of the state who should obey the law too? Can't the golf club management take time to also tidy up the environment around Osadebe avenue? Go to the golf course lane and see how untidy it is!

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by mapet: 9:35am On Feb 25, 2013
@homerac7,

you be my senior o. H/c is 25, but I'm not afraid to give you a run for your h/c sometimes
homerac7:

seems u r a true golfer from your "inside" knowledge of how the thing runs. wetin b ya h/c? ....10 here wink wink wink
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by mapet: 9:37am On Feb 25, 2013
Typical crap and crude poverty laced and jaundiced myopic mentality. It is not by force if you don't understand how things work and it's nobody's business how you found yourself in the "lower-class".

~Bluetooth:

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by homerac7: 11:19am On Feb 25, 2013
mapet: @homerac7,

you be my senior o. H/c is 25, but I'm not afraid to give you a run for your h/c sometimes

do u wanna put ur money where ur mouth is? grin grin grin grin be ready to lose out on both match and medal with all d "asides" o! bcoz eyez dey red cool cool cool cool
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by mapet: 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
You know on I'm taking 12-15 strokes off you for starters......bring it on.........besides I've lost money on "Jami-Jami" few times b4, so no wahala....Important points is enjoying the game and making friends....
homerac7:

do u wanna put ur money where ur mouth is? grin grin grin grin be ready to lose out on both match and medal with all d "asides" o! bcoz eyez dey red cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by oluwadare26(m): 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
Anything u do, pleases me...OSHIO BABA!!!

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Revolva(m): 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
Yes they shoukd use it to build housing project or manufacturin industry. Ok even david marks golf course also need to be closed
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Regiblinkz(m): 1:30pm On Feb 25, 2013
Its not even 2pm yet...wat do we believe
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by highlandre(m): 1:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
It would be fool-hardy for anyone to condemn the closure of the Club house without a detailed account of what led to it. Besides, whether the purposes of opening a club are private or whatever, any organization, club, church, mosque and what-have-you must be subject to state laws, which commonsensically and constitutionally over-ride any other anywhere. Is that to be contested?
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by JLANCE(m): 1:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
Regiblinkz: Its not even 2pm yet...wat do we believe
Check the date of the post
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by quimbi(f): 1:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
Both d Gov & his PS should leave d golf biz alone. Dey shd concentrate on paying d corpers in Edo state "state" alawe. Since Oshiomhole is good at copying his second Fashola at Lag in evrytin,he shd copy d state alawe issue too.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by yuzedo: 1:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
quimbi: Both d Gov & his PS should leave d golf biz alone. Dey shd concentrate on paying d corpers in Edo state "state" alawe. Since Oshiomhole is good at copying his second Fashola at Lag in evrytin,he shd copy d state alawe issue too.
grin grin grin grin Dis one problem na alawee! grin grin grin

Sweerie, come to my mansion in Ikoyi and lemme double your alawee for you, CASH!!! cool

....... Don't wear pant wink wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by tigonana: 1:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
If dem like mke dey no open am wettin be d usefulness self,abeg na football naija get tym for no be 1 yeye game. Abeg mke una put somefin wey dey meaniful for front page.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by eikeem(m): 1:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
In the first place, the headline of the post is misleading.
Secondly, has the place been shut down?
The poster did not provide his source of info.

Without doubt, politics is messy in this country; but providing this kind of unverifiable information with a wrong caption doesn't help us still.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by bumps(m): 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2013
To the best of my knownoledge,business,movement and other activities shld be restricted during sanitation(7am-10am).i dont tink oshiomole and his aide re wrong here,as a good citizen we all shld be involved in making our enviroment clean

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Rastamann: 1:56pm On Feb 25, 2013
Unnecessary politics!
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Moukafoam(f): 1:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
mapet: @homerac7,

Boys! Enjoying how you guys have decided to ignor some nonetity here cheesy

Are you guys real golfers or you play internet golf? grin undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2013
I knew there's a reason for the closure. But it ll be opened soon.
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2013
mapet: Typical crap and crude poverty laced and jaundiced myopic mentality. It is not by force if you don't understand how things work and it's nobody's business how you found yourself in the "lower-class".

It's only on NL that everybody claims to be a big boy. . . . .how does a sporting activity supercedes a state ? Simple question and you started tripping about nonsense ! Fuckingmoron

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Moukafoam(f): 2:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
yuzedo:
grin grin grin grin Dis one problem na alawee! grin grin grin

Sweerie, come to my mansion in Ikoyi and lemme double your alawee for you, CASH!!! cool

....... Don't wear pant wink wink wink

Ashawo kobo kobo angry

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by CeCeBillz(f): 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2013
sad

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Melahou(m): 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2013

what are you talking about here, so because its a private club or property, go to ikoyi club lagos and see if they dont observe sanitation.
whether the Govt have issues with them is another thing. But they violated law.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by AdekunleSegun(m): 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2013
mtcheeeeewwwww
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Sijo01(f): 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
Source

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi / Busy Fayemi Pushes For Medical Castration As Punishment For Rape / Why Dankwambo Should Be The Preferred Candidate Of PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.