Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Iyawo Nylon Bag - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Iyawo Nylon Bag (248397 Views)

Lagos … And My Polythene Bag By Chydee / Lagos … And My Polythene Bag By Chydee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:

I think that thought is wrong, buddy. Most fictional stories come only from the imagination. Besides, why would you people continue saying Chilo is Ishilove? Does Chi and Shi sound alike? grin

Let's look beyond the prurient art and appreciate the literature therein. Spartacus isn't produced for the sexual contents alone; there're many things one can learn therefrom, like I'm learning from Ishi's work now.
Thank you, Larry. I am humbled smiley

@all. Let people look beyond the se.xual contents. I could not avoid the se.xuality inherent in the work so far because it is important to highlight Chilo's struggle with her addiction. However, I will try as much as possible to tone it down so that we don't lose sight of the theme of the story. I also don't want the thread moved to the sexuality section. That would be most distressing. sad

The subsequent updates are going to be. . . *cough* embarassed
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by LarrySun(m): 4:22pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ishilove:
The subsequent updates are going to be. . . *cough* embarassed
Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by kidaberry(f): 5:21pm On Mar 18, 2013
How i wish i could write and keep my readers asking for more lyk Ishilove and Mazi omenuko cry
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by FoxyUltimate(m): 5:46pm On Mar 18, 2013
*kida-berry#:
How i wish i could write and keep my readers asking for more lyk Ishilove and Mazi omenuko cry

Let me give you a hint..... Open a thread where people could comment, not some Diary.

You could also check this out sha... With permission from Ishilove herself....

https://www.nairaland.com/1229471/did-bad-please-judge-me
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by kidaberry(f): 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2013
Tanx foxy
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by LarrySun(m): 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
*kida-berry#:
Just write something impressive and your work'll speak for you.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ashkormissy(f): 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
Come o, whr ishi love dey, abi d toree don finish ne? U no knw say we dey wait?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 7:29pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ashkormissy: Come o, whr ishi love dey, abi d toree don finish ne? U no knw say we dey wait?
No vex, I dey work on am. Tori neva even reach middle sef. Abeg, bear with me. smiley
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by princesa(f): 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ishilove:
shocked undecided

Nice poetic touch, BTW

Its called catharsis... purgation of emotion. am emotionally close to the heroine, so please let her find a happy endingsad

2 Likes

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by MayorSchwags(m): 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ishilove:
No vex, I dey work on am. Tori neva even reach middle sef. Abeg, bear with me. smiley
. Nice work ma'am. Nor ledem rush u jare,u can av al d tym in d world. or notgrin
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Jumizie13(f): 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
Miss ishi, as you know already that all nairalanders are oliver twist. We will always ask for more. Winks
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by opeoluwa2(f): 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2013
Part 2 pls.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by johnwizey: 6:33am On Mar 19, 2013
Gr8 wrk...kudos
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by tonyxxx(m): 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2013
Definately folloing this one... Creative,poetic,well written & itz got an underlying message as well. Kudos ishilove + can't wait 4 the second part 2 begin!

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Oahray: 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
princesa:

Its called catharsis... purgation of emotion. am emotionally close to the heroine, so please let her find a happy endingsad
happily ever after is fairytale undecided

Ishi do that thing that is on your mind grin

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by EzePromoe: 3:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
Chilo Ishilove, update na sad
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by cigaricon(m): 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by princesa(f): 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
Oahray:
happily ever after is fairytale undecided

Ishi do that thing that is on your mind grin

i know, but indulge me just oncesad
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Oahray: 7:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
princesa:

i know, but indulge me just oncesad
"Am just simple, but can be complicated at times......i try not to confuse reality for fairy tale." tongue tongue

Na madam Ishi you go tell to indulge you o. Chilo's future lies in her pen. smiley
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by princesa(f): 8:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
Oahray:
"Am just simple, but can be complicated at times......i try not to confuse reality for fairy tale." tongue tongue

Na madam Ishi you go tell to indulge you o. Chilo's future lies in her pen. smiley

shocked where has your curiousity led you to grin
but then Reality doesn't have to be harsh always cool

so Ishi, do whatever you like with poor Chilosad
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 19, 2013
princesa:

shocked where has your curiousity led you to grin
but then Reality doesn't have to be harsh always cool

so Ishi, do whatever you like with poor Chilosad
ma'am pls wake up ok? And while you're at it drop your emotional baggage at home.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by frank317: 11:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
beauriful, beauriful and woderful still waiting for updates
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by princesa(f): 9:34am On Mar 20, 2013
brokoto:
ma'am pls wake up ok? And while you're at it drop your emotional baggage at home.

why should i? everybody seems to hate Chilo, but am here for her.............emotionally
so, can't dosad
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 20, 2013
princesa:

why should i? everybody seems to hate Chilo, but am here for her.............emotionally
so, can't dosad
hate chilo ke Where did you get that idea from? Certainly not from this thread.

And you're here for her too undecided

Ishi leeeeee! Pls come Ooº°˚˚˚°º‎​oO . Your story (ambiguity intended) is doing people strong thing. cheesy
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by ITbomb(m): 9:39am On Mar 20, 2013
princesa:

so, can't dosad
Me too, I'm for Chilo , but she is hurting herself with those star bottles and pestle. Methink she need adick
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by princesa(f): 9:52am On Mar 20, 2013
ITbomb:
Me too, I'm for Chilo , but she is hurting herself with those star bottles and pestle. Methink she need adick

this is exactly what i meant
why do you want her to be introduced to 'that'?
you should wish for her to overcome her m.as.turba.tion addiction, not adding to her already rioting hormone sad

why can't she remain a V. * technically* till prince charming comes alongsad

*crying......crying......crying*
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by princesa(f): 9:58am On Mar 20, 2013
brokoto:
hate chilo ke Where did you get that idea from? Certainly not from this thread.

And you're here for her too undecided

Ishi leeeeee! Pls come Ooº°˚˚˚°º‎​oO . Your story (ambiguity intended) is doing people strong thing. cheesy

i got that idea from the beginning of the thread angry
i am here for her.............so Ishi if you try to harm her...... please don't ;'(

*crying......crying......poor Chilo*
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by FoxyUltimate(m): 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1231440/biography-foxybone-true-life-story

My new tale started in the right thread. Come and read your sorrows away!!!

God, I'm so bad in advertisement embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 1:09am On Mar 21, 2013
The sound of the door slamming woke Chilo from a slumber that was on the verge of turning to deep sleep. When she perceived the tell-tale fragrance of her roomie’s favourite body spray, she groaned inwardly and did her best to lie still. The last thing she needed was her roommate’s endless chatter. God, the girl made Mary Ann of Green Gable seem quiet and demure! Given the chance, Bimbo could talk twenty-four hours non-stop, and that was just the warm up.

“Bimbo is in the building!!! Put your hands up, put your hands up!” she sang cheerfully.

That was another thing. The girl was a rap buff and she fancied herself the next Missy Elliot, so she never failed to practice her so-called rap lines at every given opportunity.

Chilo winced and gritted her teeth as the loud, nerve-grating and goose bumps producing sound of a metal chair being dragged across bare, cemented floor penetrated the very core of her nervous system. Goose bumps popped out all over her body.

Dear God, what sort of cave woman had she been ‘blessed’ with for a roomie??

“Babe, you dey sleep?” her tiresome roommate jovially enquired.

Chilo kept silent, praying that the girl would give up and leave her be.

Wishful thinking. Suddenly, long nailed hands seized her by the shoulders and began shaking her roughly.

“Kai, c’mon stop that dia! You think I don’t know you are pretending to be sleeping? Get up jor, I get gist for you!” Her sour breath washed over Chilo’s face in dizzying waves.

Chilo tried hard to stifle the giggles that were threatening to burst and succeeded admirably. She was so not falling into her trap because Bimbo was notorious for her deliciously scandalous tales.

However, her roommate wasn’t about to be thwarted. She set about tickling Chilo. This was the final straw. Chilo, who was very ticklish, shot out of bed, laughing uproariously.

“You this girl, dem send you?” Chilo asked, still shaking with mirth.

Bimbo teased her some more and they laughed over it. Chilo could as well kiss her sleep goodbye because once Bimbo got you in her claws, she never let go until she was absolutely satisfied.

Though Bimbo was a garrulous noisemaker, she was Chilo’s favourite roommate. As in other rooms in Queen Amina Hall, four girls lived in room 115, A block. Of the four, Bimbo was the one whom she felt she had the greatest connection with. The remaining two girls that shared rooms with Chilo were royal pains in the neck. The first girl, a Warri girl named Esther was a slender, mouse faced, vain character with had self-esteem issues. No matter how many times she was told to the contrary, she always felt she was not pretty enough, and agonised over which clothes or colour combinations to wear when stepping out of the hostel. She had a slim figure with average sized hips and buttocks, so Chilo was always a bit startled when whenever she ran into her on campus, it always seemed as if Esther’s buttocks and hips had grown in proportion. When they were back in the room at night, Esther’s butt would magically return to its normal size.

The mystery behind these daily buttocks enlargement was solved the day, one morning, when Esther was getting dressed for lectures. Esther always dressed behind the door of her wardrobe which swung outwards. She used the door as a screen, so no one could really see what she was up to whenever she hid behind the door. That morning, Chilo stood in front of her locker which was built opposite Esther’s own. Chilo had been trying to bring some semblance of order to the chaos that was her wardrobe, when something made her casually glance behind her shoulder; just in time to see Esther wear tights stuffed to the hilt with cloth pads.

‘Aha, so that is it!!’ Chilo had thought in shock. The secret behind the big buttocks had been revealed. It was quite amusing and pathetic.

The second roommate was the most disagreeable in the room. Elisabeth was a Bini girl who had the face and voice of an angel and the temperament of a demon. Chilo could never understand how someone who was a chorister in church and could sing so beautifully well, could be at the same time be the biggest bit.ch- for lack of a better qualifying adjective-on this side of the great divide.

Bimbo once sagely commented that Elisabeth’s case was like the biblical fountain from whence flowed both bitter and sweet waters.

Chilo and Bimbo were 100 level students while the remaining two were final year students who were also course mates in the same department. As is the normal routine in UNILAG, final year students of the same departments were put in the same hostels and made roommates.

The girls chatted a bit about nothing in particular when Bimbo suddenly asked:

“Aren’t you supposed to be at Biobaku?”

Chilo was puzzled. “What is happening at Biobaku?” she asked, but the question had barely passed her lips when her eyes widened. Blast it, she had totally forgotten!

She had a date with a two hundred level student. She was supposed to meet up with the date at his hostel, Biobaku Hall. The young man was besotted with her, and she found it a tad irritating. He must have been trying to reach her on her number but the phone was switched off. She had switched it off after she had come back from classes because she had been really tired and hadn’t wanted to be disturbed.

She hissed and said: “Wo, let Jaye stay on his lane jare. I have overnight rehearsals and I need to rest”.

Ever since she had moved into the hostel, she had never lacked for admirers. Everywhere she went, she was propositioned. Andrela had already briefed her on ‘jambites rush’ and exhorted her to keep her head tightly screwed on her head and not get carried away by her new found freedom.

Chilo had laughed because she had no intention of getting carried away by anything or anybody because she knew what she had gone through before she gained admission. Chilo had always been a reserved person, though she had a very playful side to her which people rarely got to see.

Bimbo nagged her until she agreed to switch her phone back on and call her date. She wasn’t really in the mood for an outing, and besides, she was going to spend the night on campus dancing her behind off. Her department had a theatrical presentation in four days and they were going to be graded based on their performances. She needed her sleep, for heaven’s sakes!!

He picked up at the first ring.

“Baby, why are you doing this to me? This is not fair.” Was the first thing that she heard immediately she said “hello?”

Chilo cringed. What on earth was she doing with this whiner? Jaye whined and complained all the time like a little cry baby. It always got on her nerves, but she endured it for one simple reason: Money.

Jaye was very generous and she was simply using him for food. He was her food and recharge card boyfriend. When she was hungry, she called him up; he immediately abandoned everything and came over. After classes, he would meet her in one of the numerous eateries that dotted the various complexes on campus and fete her. She felt guilty about using him, but she needed the money. Father gave her an allowance of two thousand naira every fortnight, but it was barely enough to sustain her, bearing in mind the high cost of living in school. So she used Jaye’s little cash gifts to augment her meagre allowance.

“Is it because I love you so much that you are treating me like this? Why are you doing this to me? We were supposed to meet up by 6.00pm, but look at the time, it is almost 8.00pm”, he complained, very much like a nagging wife.

'I know what the time is, you I.DIOT!' Chilo wanted to scream, but held her tongue and instead forced herself to sound humble and contrite. She gave him a coc.k and bull story and promised to head over to his hall immediately.

Pacified, Jaye hung up. Immediately she heard the disconnect tone, she tossed the phone on the bed in disgust and glared at Bimbo.

“Don’t expect me to bring anything for you”, she said through clenched teeth.

Bimbo laughed long and hard, and then said:

“You must be joking. When you finish your love with Brother J, sha bring shawarma for me, shaaaaa!!”

“I don’t know why I listen to you. You are incorrigible.” Chilo muttered.

“Worreva!” declared the cheeky girl, grinning.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 1:22am On Mar 21, 2013
Chilo took a sharp bath and dressed in a record ten minutes. As she was about to step out, Elisabeth, who had come in when Chilo was in the bathroom, casually called out from the bed where she lounged: “When will you start wearing trousers, Chilo?”

Chilo paused, her leg on the threshold of the doorway. She looked back and asked “Is there anything wrong with my dressing?”

Elisabeth shook her head impatiently. “No, there is nothing wrong. I just think it’s a shame that you are hiding your God given figure beneath all these funny looking skirts you wear. God has given you a nice figure, stop hiding it.”

Chilo mentally rolled her eyes. She was one to talk. Elisabeth never made two sentences without God being mentioned in at least one of them, yet she was one of the nastiest persons Chilo had ever had the misfortune to come across. Elisabeth, whose body was made up of a series of angular planes, never failed to point out to Chilo how lucky she was to have a full bodied figure. She also appointed her self Chilo’s Counsellor on Men Affairs. “Never give in to them and their sweet mouth!” was an anthem that she never failed to sing into her young roommate's ears.

Of course these times were the times when she was ‘normal’. The days when she had ‘brain touch’, {which was ALL the time} or her ‘skoin skoin was in full gear’, as Esther cynically observed, Elisabeth could be worse than a rabid dog on rampage.

Chilo thanked Elisabeth for her observations and hurried out. She paused again in front of the half-length mirror fixed to the wall in the short corridor leading to the entrance of the hostel, and regarded herself critically. The image before her showed a bright eyed, fair complexioned girl in her late teens, attired in a simple checked blouse and a straight jean skirt that reached to her ankles.

As far she was concerned, there was nothing wrong with the way she dressed. Fine, she was in UNILAG, the Land of Fashion, but her ubiquitous skirts did not stop her from being propositioned, so what was Elisabeth talking about?? There were a thousand and one girls who were not as well dressed as she was, so what was the big deal about trousers?

It did not matter that her clothes and shoes were hand-me-downs from Andrela, or that some of her night clothes belonged to Mother. What mattered was she had clothes to wear.

Chilo made a few adjustments to her outfit and hurried out of the hostel.

She was making her way to Biobaku Hall when she saw a tall figure coming towards her. As the figure neared, she realised that it was Jay. Irritation rose, but she quelled it. She could not understand why she was not attracted to him. He was attractive in a feminine sort of way, dressed well and was intelligent, but each time he was close to her, she always had to fight the urge to run away.

When she was within earshot, he began to nag her. Why was she treating him in such a horrid manner, why was she breaking his heart, why did she switch off her phone blah blabbedy blah blah blah.

Chilo gave him a curt apology and moved on. She didn’t know how long she was going to be able to endure his nagging because her patience was wearing thin. She had secretly nicknamed him ‘Sir Nagson’.

They made their way to Jesus Embassy, a very popular restaurant in the heart of the school, where they had dinner. By the time they were done eating, Jaye had stopped sulking and was in a very romantic mood.

He insisted they take a lovers' stroll along FSS road. She knew what Jay had in mind because FSS road which leads to the university’s back gate was very quiet. However, she felt confident that she would be able to handle him, she obliged.

Together, they strolled along the sidewalk of the quiet road. A few cars passed, bathing them in the golden glow of their head lamps, before they were again embraced in the arms of the oddly comforting darkness.

A few yards down the road, Jaye abruptly stepped off the pavement of the side walk and veered into a small path leading away from the road side. She had no choice but to follow him, all the while wondering what he was up to.

What was he was up to was quickly made manifest because no sooner had they gotten behind a tree, than she found her frame engulfed in a bear hug.

She opened her mouth to express her deep displeasure at this kind of improper behaviour, and found her mouth immersed in a hot, wet orifice that tasted of the efo riro and ‘akpu’ eaten barely twenty minutes ago.

Chilo almost gagged in revulsion. Good heavens, what was Jay’s problem?

She struggled against the almost smothering embrace, but Jay was all hot and bothered and he wasn’t about to let go of the young, luscious body in his arms anytime soon.

“Oh Chilo, your lips are so delicious” Jay breathed against her mouth.

Chilo muttered something incomprehensible because her mouth was still trapped in her date’s unpleasantly aromatic one.

She forced herself to stay still and clamp her mouth tightly shut while he pawed at her chest and covered her face with slimy kisses. The only thing that made the whole episode bearable was the image of her term paper sitting on the typist’s table and waiting to be claimed. Jay had promised to pay for it the following day, so she would have to endure his nauseating attentions.

After what seemed like an eternity, Jay had his fill of groping her and finally released her.

“O darling, I love you so much” Jay gushed, holding her limp hands in his eager ones.

Chilo grunted, extracted one of her hands from his paws and surreptitiously wiped her face. ‘O crud,’ she thought wearily,‘now I will have to wash my face to rid it of this infernal smell of stale spit!’

She was able to persuade the smitten young man to take her back to her hostel using the very valid excuse of her upcoming overnight rehearsal in the Faculty of Arts quadrangle.
Jay took her back, declaring his undying love all the way to the hall.

The following day, Jay paid the typist for her work and by the end of the week, Chilo picked a quarrel with him and broke up the ‘relationship’ in a most dramatic fashion.

Jay tried to win her back through most of 100 level and the early part of the new session, but she remained adamant. When he finally grew tired of chasing her, moved on.

Chilo remained unattached during the early days of 200 level, and life continued as before, mundane and filled with the usual stress and hustle of student life. The only reprieve she had was when she went home during the weekends to get her fortnightly allowance.

Things were not rosy at home. As far back as she could remember, the fortunes of the Odigidawu family had always been unsteady, as if it hung on a yoyo string. Up today, down tomorrow, up again next tomorrow.

Up and down their fortunes bounced, leaving Chilo with a permanent fear of tomorrow. She constantly worried about what the future held, and not even the biblical exhortation that we “leave the worries of tomorrow alone because today has enough troubles’ was able to quell the perpetual state of anxiety in which she dwelled.

It was for this reason that she was always on a look out for that man who would ‘carry her cross’, as Bimbo always said. Unfortunately, the men who came her way didn’t seem to be able to look past her slim, sensual figure, red lips, small waist, ample bosoms and jutting hips to see the generous and sensitive soul that lay beneath the pretty exterior. Thus, she had no option than to indulge in the occasional ‘chop and clean mouth’ dates that always ended after the bill had been paid in the restaurant.

Despite these, Chilo who was hopelessly romantic at heart, still hoped and believed that that special man who would sweep her off her feet, and of course ‘carry her baggage’, would still find his way to her.

One cloudy Saturday morning, she was on her way home for the weekend when a tall, slim man entered the vehicle she was in. The man was very dark and looked to be in his late twenties. She noticed that he changed seats twice, before eventually ending up sitting beside her. She paid him no heed, until he turned to her and said:

“Hello, how are you?”

She looked up from the magazine she was reading-a gossip magazine, thou carnal minded reader-and replied: “fine, thank you”.

She turned her attention back to the mag.

He fidgeted a bit and asked “what are you reading?”

Chilo sighed inwardly. ‘O great, another one’, she thought tiredly. It just never ended.

The guy was persistent, however, and at the end of the ride, he was able to extract her phone number from her. She alighted at her bus stop, and while she walked away, she felt the eyes of the stranger on her.

She unexpectedly felt very awkward in her faded blue checked shirt and a wine coloured skirt that had a slit up the front. The shirt’s label was tagged ‘Faded Glory’, but she had cut it out. Now, the shirt felt two sizes too big while the skirt seemed to have suddenly seemed to have shrunk and was riding up as she walked.

Chilo walked home, unaware that she had just given her number to her nemesis. . .

5 Likes

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Mucokey(m): 2:16am On Mar 21, 2013
Ride/right ...On/done ...sister Ishi.)
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by FoxyUltimate(m): 6:15am On Mar 21, 2013
If only this woman will continue without stopping. I tell ya, we wud be in page 30 now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (40) (Reply)

HERO (A Violence, Mind Control And Sex Story) a story by Queenliz / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / Life Of A Shy Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.