Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,078 members, 7,957,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:37 AM

How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). (25438 Views)

Wife Loses Pregnancy Of Two Months After Rape By Pastor-husband / He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy / Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by eforce: 1:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
For those planning to get pregnant here is how to

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/07/get-pregnant.html
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Victosin09(f): 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
ameenahz:

OMG! Kinda happened to me too, though i was not the 'craver'. I was eating roasted corn jeje in d bus when ds pregnant woman tapped me n BEGGED me to give her that corn! While i was still staring in disbelief, she started crying n told me she will not let me get down if i finish that corn wtout giving her! The things pregnancy cause, chei
Cant jux swallow my laughter. Mom had a similar experience. Hers was sugar cane in the hands of a conductor. After she alighted she started looking 4 sugar cane sellers!
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by beauty4(f): 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mhen, we dey try o. Honestly, i love my mum more now.
Within my 1st 3 months, it was noddles with plenty pepper, onions and palm oil and hubby had to be the one to cook it. Sometimes as early as 6.30am, i wil wake him up and tell him to make my noddles. After making, i will inhale it for some minutes before eating. Later, it was akara from our junction, the woman normaly adds dry sauce to it. She knew my DH and even started giving him extra sauce.
At some point, i couldnt take stew that has tomato, so i made my stew and soup with only rodo and onions.
Pap without sugar is a daily meal now for me. Thank God MIL brought me plenty of it. Kudos to all mums in the world

1 Like

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Sparkle777(f): 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
Thank God for those of you that have cravings and can also get what you crave for. Some women are blessed with wonderful hubbies. Am about entering my third trimester,I do crave for some things but where you see money? Am on a tight budget now and even though I believe God for breakthru. I have learnt to quench my crave. Funny thread sha.

6 Likes

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by favoredgal: 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
initially for me it was ube (local pear) with salt - then i got over it quickly then it became ofada....then akara....then party jollof rice...now the thought of any food that smells just disgusts me.....iv been eating dry wheat bread and water or snacks (in moderation though as i no wan blow)

haven't been able to stand my cooking since week 7! i cook for DH without even tasting...but for the past week...no cooking...cant stand to smell food at all but luckily i have never thrown up
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by thorpido(m): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
Na wa.My wife's own is suya.I tell her you usually can't find suya in the afternoon,she says just look for it.
Anyway i get d dried one(Kilishi) and she chews all day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Rhemar(m): 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
I never knew women pass through all these during pregnancy, sound so strange to me bt women are really trying o
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by olymurphy(f): 10:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
Whenever i'm preggy can't stand okro and egusi soup and also my body changes with pimples all over my face and I will just turn from this beautiful swan to an ugly duckling
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Bootylicious(f): 1:46am On Oct 10, 2013
Honestly, I find the pregnancy testimonies very unbelievable, beg for tins and cry, it's so funny oooo and scary I don't wanna go beg for corn ooooo
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by ADUKKY(f): 5:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
Mine is drinking garri with beans,moi moi,groundnut or blank. But I am worried dt d rate at which I have consumed it in the last two months is too much.
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Prettielle(f): 11:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
dis thread is so funny.. av bin laffin all alone since mornin n my mum thinks am goin outta mind..lol..Hmmmm.!cant w8 2 get married n start my preggy course. Thumbsup 2all d preggy mums in d hse,u re all wondaful.!
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Ariyke: 7:03am On Oct 12, 2013
veave: i cant wait to get married and get pregnant ooo....
Same here o
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Lolaabokoku(f): 12:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
Kudos Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ all mums, ¶n M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊
First trimester I couldn't eat †ђξ
Food I cooked, I hate †ђξ
Smell of fried foods aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ ‎​ egusi soup smell disgusts me aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ ‎​ I hate staying long ¶n †ђξ
Kitchen but right now, A̶̲̥̅m almost at †ђξ
End of M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊
Second trimester I craved for any food as long as its eatable sometimes I shamelessly sit and eat amala at å dirty bukagrin
I hate †ђξ
Smell of disinfectant like dettol, tcp,sanitas and so on!
To become å mother its not å day Job!

2 Likes

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Bootylicious(f): 3:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
Me too grin
Ariyke: Same here o
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Happywoman(f): 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
For my 1st baby it was this edible maggot.in even used to travel distance to get it in sapele . Later it became craving for soups prepared in our local clay pots.then it was ube, and coke. There was a day I went to get my lab results and one of the attendants was eating yam and stew. She invited me and my regular sane self said no thanks. After collecting my results , the pregnant-insane -long throat me, asked her where she bought the food from. Her boss understood smiled and package a portion for me. As. Was driving out of the premises I just looked at myself and thot "na me be dis" Kai.
My 2nd baby the craving from start to finish was yogurt and hot dogs. I hated I mean hated the smell of any food. I must not smell antin been cooked or I won't eat from it. I really pity my husband sha ooo. My mil too suffered too. And I forgot to add . Anger. My fuse was always easily burnt. I tank God I no enter bad people hand. My Pple still tease me about those days.
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Amhappy(f): 11:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
Hoping to share my own stories soon. Kudos to all mum's.
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by allycat: 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
I craved raw cabbage leaves. I would just tear them off the cabbage ball and eat. I also loved native chalk. I vomited everything i ate including water and lost 7kg in the first trimester.
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by quindebbie: 9:23am On Oct 14, 2013
Mine was takin fruits,holandia nd longtroat for boiled groundnut.I always wanted petting
I kip beggin ma frends 4 more food when I visit.
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by naijabands(m): 12:02am On Oct 15, 2013
Hmmm!!! In the course of the last one month, I've found myself driving out to look for donkunu at 10pm, croaker peppersoup at 1 am, and most recently (yesterday), ice cream at 11pm.

All I can say is Oluwa wa!

1 Like

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by ameenahz(f): 5:59am On Oct 15, 2013
naijabands: Hmmm!!! In the course of the last one month, I've found myself driving out to look for donkunu at 10pm, croaker peppersoup at 1 am, and most recently (yesterday), ice cream at 11pm.

All I can say is Oluwa wa!

Sorry, ehn. But dont worry. The stress will all be worth it when you hold your little one in your hands very soon.
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by PearlO(f): 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
Am so exhausted from laughing....rily kul experiences dat I cnt wait to ve mine....
Anyways, ma sis craved for groundnut dat she cn do anything jst anything for it....sipz garri at 12midnyt evryday if nt d husby is in for real shit...

1 Like

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Popowaa: 8:29am On Oct 16, 2013
Front page plsssssadsad
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by yetseyi(f): 8:42am On Oct 16, 2013
hmm it is well oo
God I ask for an understanding,caring, loving and God fearing man. Husby's support is very important during times like this.
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by mayok(f): 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
Kudos to all mothers in the whole wide world.
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Ariyke: 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
Popowaa: Front page plsssssadsad
Seconded
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by cherieb2(f): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
Back then in school Ȋ̝̊̅ had this neighbour(student too) that was pregnant, she came home around 6pm one ϑάў and said she wanted τ̅☺ eat ofe aku(palm nut stew) and demanded Ȋ̝̊̅ accompany her τ̅☺ the market τ̅☺ get palm karnel, unfortunately for us when we got τ̅☺ the market the women selling it had already gone. Τ̅☺ my surprise my neighbour started picking d palm karnel that fell of their tray on the ground, it was S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ crazy, and when Ȋ̝̊̅ tried stopping her she started crying that she would die that night if she does not eat her ofe-aku....some women that were still around then understood her predicament n directed us τ̅☺ the house of one of the sellers.....τ̅☺ cut the long story short, we finally got her aku around 11pm that night and she prepared the stew that same night and finally ate it around 1am....funny enough she didn't eat the ofe aku again after that night... lol

3 Likes

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by taryour(f): 11:44pm On Oct 18, 2013
cherieb2: Back then in school Ȋ̝̊̅ had this neighbour(student too) that was pregnant, she came home around 6pm one ϑάў and said she wanted τ̅☺ eat ofe aku(palm nut stew) and demanded Ȋ̝̊̅ accompany her τ̅☺ the market τ̅☺ get palm karnel, unfortunately for us when we got τ̅☺ the market the women selling it had already gone. Τ̅☺ my surprise my neighbour started picking d palm karnel that fell of their tray on the ground, it was S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ crazy, and when Ȋ̝̊̅ tried stopping her she started crying that she would die that night if she does not eat her ofe-aku....some women that were still around then understood her predicament n directed us τ̅☺ the house of one of the sellers.....τ̅☺ cut the long story short, we finally got her aku around 11pm that night and she prepared the stew that same night and finally ate it around 1am....funny enough she didn't eat the ofe aku again after that night... lol

Yea this really got me cracking up big time.
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by taryour(f): 11:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
cherieb2: Back then in school Ȋ̝̊̅ had this neighbour(student too) that was pregnant, she came home around 6pm one ϑάў and said she wanted τ̅☺ eat ofe aku(palm nut stew) and demanded Ȋ̝̊̅ accompany her τ̅☺ the market τ̅☺ get palm karnel, unfortunately for us when we got τ̅☺ the market the women selling it had already gone. Τ̅☺ my surprise my neighbour started picking d palm karnel that fell of their tray on the ground, it was S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ crazy, and when Ȋ̝̊̅ tried stopping her she started crying that she would die that night if she does not eat her ofe-aku....some women that were still around then understood her predicament n directed us τ̅☺ the house of one of the sellers.....τ̅☺ cut the long story short, we finally got her aku around 11pm that night and she prepared the stew that same night and finally ate it around 1am....funny enough she didn't eat the ofe aku again after that night... lol

Yea this really got me cracking up big time.
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by taryour(f): 11:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
I remember waking up at about 2am in the midnight craving for chips (chips that they wunt fry till 7pm till the following day,to think that I had passed there earlier but the sight irritated me and I vomited just seeing it being fried)
Chai the following morning I woke up as early as 7am,dressed up and went on bike to the shop the chicken and chips was sold,I got a chair and sat there till 7pm @ night when they opened shop. Passers by must have thought I was there on a job search,other shop owners who dint understand my plight got tired of telling me the chop wunt be opened till evening.

All mothers in the house,I hail thee o. God is our strengh.

1 Like

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by minute(f): 5:25am On Oct 19, 2013
1. My biggest problem while pregnant was the urges to urinate. I never had morning sickness. I just always had to pee!
One time I was at a store, buying what I hoped was my last set of maternity clothes. While I was trying on a shirt, I
suddenly got that feeling where you know you have to relive yourself right that minute. I had no idea where the restrooms
were, or if the store even had restroom and piddled there. I told the dressing room attendant that someone else had done
it,and quickly left . . .I've never gone back to that store.

2. I was at the mall with a friend. We were enjoying lunch when the urge hit. I was lucky enough to find a bathroom, but
not before wetting my panties. I wrapped my panties in toilet tissue and disposed of them. It's not like anyone was going to
look up my skirt. When we finished lunch, we decided to hit the stores. My friend wanted to go to her ABSOLUTE favorite
store, so I said we should check it out. Well, she was taking forever, looking at all their clothes, looking for her size, looking
for presents for other people, e.t.c. And then, I had to wee. It's not like I could just pop a squat in the middle of the store, so
I tried as hard as I could to hold it and politely asked my friend to hurry up. Then, the most horrible thing happened. I couldn't
hold it anymore. A strong stream of urine came out and hit the floor. I tried to stop myself but I couldn't. All the contents of my
bladder came out. There was a humongous puddle beneath me( I was wearing a skirt). I left the store drip-drying by leaving little
droplets behind me.

3. I was having dinner at a really fancy hotel with my partner when the urge hit me. I asked a waiter for directions to the
bathroom, but got lost along the way. I considered knocking on the door of a suite and asking to use their toilet. I finally found
the bathroom, but I knew I couldn't make it to the stall. So I hoisted myself up and let loose in the sink. Not my finest moments.....

1 Like

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by taryour(f): 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
minute: 1. My biggest problem while pregnant was the urges to urinate. I never had morning sickness. I just always had to pee!
One time I was at a store, buying what I hoped was my last set of maternity clothes. While I was trying on a shirt, I
suddenly got that feeling where you know you have to relive yourself right that minute. I had no idea where the restrooms
were, or if the store even had restroom and piddled there. I told the dressing room attendant that someone else had done
it,and quickly left . . .I've never gone back to that store.

2. I was at the mall with a friend. We were enjoying lunch when the urge hit. I was lucky enough to find a bathroom, but
not before wetting my panties. I wrapped my panties in toilet tissue and disposed of them. It's not like anyone was going to
look up my skirt. When we finished lunch, we decided to hit the stores. My friend wanted to go to her ABSOLUTE favorite
store, so I said we should check it out. Well, she was taking forever, looking at all their clothes, looking for her size, looking
for presents for other people, e.t.c. And then, I had to wee. It's not like I could just pop a squat in the middle of the store, so
I tried as hard as I could to hold it and politely asked my friend to hurry up. Then, the most horrible thing happened. I couldn't
hold it anymore. A strong stream of urine came out and hit the floor. I tried to stop myself but I couldn't. All the contents of my
bladder came out. There was a humongous puddle beneath me( I was wearing a skirt). I left the store drip-drying by leaving little
droplets behind me.

3. I was having dinner at a really fancy hotel with my partner when the urge hit me. I asked a waiter for directions to the
bathroom, but got lost along the way. I considered knocking on the door of a suite and asking to use their toilet. I finally found
the bathroom, but I knew I couldn't make it to the stall. So I hoisted myself up and let loose in the sink. Not my finest moments.....

My dear you are not alone o, this is really funny though. The thing is after you have your baby and you remember those moments you wonder if it was really you who did dose things.

1 Like

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by jumzzy448: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2013
Lol. Can't stop laughing. Mine was yam and palm oil. I eat it morning, afternoon, night and even mid night. God help us oo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share The Most Hilarious Questions Your Child Has Ever Asked U. / Jaaruma Addresses Money, Power, Sex, Love, Magic, Jazz, Juju, Asiri, Domination / Should I Renovate Our Family House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.