Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:10 AM

Islam Takes Root In Brazil - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam Takes Root In Brazil (17426 Views)

Hirs-o-hawas (whims And Desires) The Root Of All Evil. / Clinton Again Fingers Extreme Poverty As The Root Cause Of Extremism And Terror / The Root Words Of Allah; Attn: Davidylan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Jyde89: 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
according to the article, one of the major catalyst that informed thier conversion to islam was the 911 bomb blast.... O boy dis one na conversion by bomb blast. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Jyde89: 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2013
according to the article, one of the major catalyst that informed thier conversion to islam was the 911 bomb blast.... O boy dis one na conversion by bomb blast. Lol. @mod olorun aafun alagbara ni suru o.
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by kandiikane(m): 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2013
maclatunji:

Kindly create another thread for this question so that we don't derail.

Haba! It was just a question joor. I don't gat time for that. Cool your bones jare. grin
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Freiburger(m): 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2013
kandiikane:

Haba! It was just a question joor. I don't gat time for that. Cool your bones jare. grin
How dat question and the topic take relate?
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by AAC: 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
la furia:

the problem is u have refused to understand what the topic is all about. is all about the presence of muslims who are Brazilians and not immigrant among a very high number roman catholics. the number of Brazilians muslim is very very small but nevertheless they are muslims in brazil something i would not have thought of. there are countries i do feel there are no muslims, the likes brazil, mexico, colombia, etc the south america in general, but its good to know there is islam in those countries no matter how small they are.

Alhamudulhai. That means these indigenes converted from another religion to islam.

However, when muslims convert to other religions, it becomes apostasy - which is punishable by death.

That is hypocrisy.

6 Likes

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by maclatunji: 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
kandiikane:

I am more cool than you can imagine but the the thing is if we jump into answering that question. The thread will be completely derailed. I would still like to see you create a thread for the question even if I might not even contribute much.grin Time is scarce for me these days.
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by kandiikane(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
Freiburger:
How dat question and the topic take relate?

Leave me joor! You wan mek I wound you? angry

@maclu, na me tell you I get time? Lol, abeg, mek I go do my research wella first because most things I know are from when I use to go arabic school. tongue

1 Like

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by COOLDUN: 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2013
ffo: Are Christians permitted to worship and practice their religion without being persecuted the way these people are allowed here in the middle east or other Islamic countries?

can a christian practice his religion openly like this in Islamic countries.

Good question my dear, the West and Latin Americans are civilized and that is why they respect the freedom of religion, believes and culture. but in an uncivilized and barbaric countries people are blindfolded with lies and awkwardness. I don't care if all the Brazilians convert to any religion, what i am after is let there be peace in this world.

3 Likes

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Suljosh: 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
kandiikane: I find that people that convert to islamd tend to do it the extreme.

Look at that rapper that had the song with diddy.
dat's "LOON" u're talking about.
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by kandiikane(m): 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2013
Suljosh:
dat's "LOON" u're talking about.

Yes him.
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by kandiikane(m): 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
COOLDUN:

Good question my dear, the West and Latin Americans are civilized and that is why they respect the freedom of religion, believes and culture. but in an uncivilized and barbaric countries people are blindfolded with lies and awkwardness. I don't care if all the Brazilians convert to any religion, what i am after is let there be peace in this world.

Please, look for another dream.
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by NOLONGTIN1(m): 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
Damon03: I guess this made front-page because today is a friday and it's just one topic, a lot Christian topics make the front-page on sunday and I don't see anyone complain. I'm beginning to think that christians are aggressive in nature and they think they own nairaland, Nigeria has more than 300 tribes, intolerance is everywhere bt this religious aggression takes the cake. Northern muslims are active aggressive and some christian are just as intolerant just one topic and u're annoyed(nt very christ like), only God can help this country

- Please if u happen to be one of the aggressive ones I take God beg u, don't quote me.

I am not against Islamic post making front page, but since you guys are insecure about your religion and god, Islamic post shouldn't make front page - that way every bodies view will be the same, else be ready to read different views on how people see Islam.
Christian post make headlines, people air their views, do you see us threatening anyone? We know the truth and it has set us free (from insecurity, fear, anger etc)

P.S. if Islamic post stay in Islamic section, there will be no need to place that annoying Red banner

3 Likes

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by TableLeg(m): 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
basisop:

You are a real "Table leg" people and things will everly remain on you while you remain standing in ignorance.
Does that answer my question dim-fuc...king-wit?
Ignorance is not a trait you will find in me or my lineage .... You are the ignorant knob head here!
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Suljosh: 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
ffo: Are Christians permitted to worship and practice their religion without being persecuted the way these people are allowed here in the middle east or other Islamic countries?

thank u bros God bless you. This are things that supost be in front page nt the other way round. Brazil be @ alert
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by kumbalo(m): 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
**Post are made at owner's risk**
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by ffo(m): 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
Suljosh:
thank u bros God bless you. This are things that supost be in front page nt the other way round. Brazil be @ alert

I just created a thread for this in the religion section, and it has not been in the front page
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by youi: 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
Xtianity is nt abt multitude, nor abt serving God in fear or in bondage. Xtianity is abt serving God in LOVE,in truth n spirit.
Bc bible told us we a sons n daughters, prince n princess of d most high God. So is now left 4 individual 2 choose 2 be a child or slave. what matter most is 2 know ur God so dat u can do exploit as a prince n princess which u a may God open our spiritual eyes to c jesus Christ as our lord n savior of man kind.

5 Likes

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Amoshie(m): 5:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
MashaAllah u av said all i wanted to say
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
Keep hiding my posts ,can't handle the truth uh?
Don't go to the world Cup my brothers and sisters
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by juleze(f): 5:11pm On Mar 01, 2013

That's †ђξ issue. It's not possible. Muslims are allowed to build their mosques and worship there, but christians dare not try it without facing serious persecutions, yet they're †ђξ first to scream "marginalisation".
I guess when you have †ђξ real deal you don't have to fight others or make too much noise. Check out †ђξ empty tin, it makes †ђξ loudest noise.

1 Like

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by paulohski: 5:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
COOLDUN:

GOD BLESS YOU. I laugh when people rely on other people converting to their religion as confirmation that they are on the right track. More Nigerians voted for Jonathan, but that doesn't make him the best choice. And, what is d confirmation that these so called Islam converts are indigenous Brazilians. Even if they are, I don't care. Cos my own is to promote peace.

"Live in peace with all men," that's what the Bible says.

2 Likes

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by JaaizTech: 5:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
It is quite unfortunate that many are just beginning to become aware of the teachings of Islam, it shows that the Muslims of the recent past really failed in exposing the true values of Islam. It is amazing that despite the "bad publicity" islam continues to grow in the west, i guess it is the ability of many westerners to look at issues or principles of any ideaology without prejudice that has made them see the beauty in Islam more.
It is quite painful as a muslim, when you see people standing on "nothingness"; "mere fantasies spurned around falsehope"; slandering ISLAM. I often see many non-Muslims running helter-skelter from one prayer warrior to motivation speaker (i.e modern day pastor) looking for solutions to their problems and often returning back with nothing but false hopes, when all they could have done is embrace some of the teachings of Islam and the problems will be a thing of the past.
Allah guides whomever he wills.

Allah says in the Qur’an in Sura Bani-Israel, verse 9:

“Indeed this Qur’an guides to the path which is clearer and straighter than any other.”
Also the Qur’an states in Sura Luqman, verse 2-4:

“These are the verses of the wise Book. A guide and a mercy to those who do good, those who establish regular prayers, and give regular charity, and have in their hearts the assurance of the hereafter.”

Quran12:111: "There was certainly in their stories a lesson for those of understanding. Never was the Qur'an a narration invented, but a confirmation of what was before it and a detailed explanation of all things and guidance and mercy for a people who believe."

2 Likes

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by adaybayor(m): 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2013
jamp: @ mods why put dt message 'to avoid being banned.......

Do u put that when it comes to topics about christainity and esp the catholic church. People abuse the pope these past days during his resigning and they were not banned.

Must you comment on the thread...learn to mind your business
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by adaybayor(m): 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
AAC:

Alhamudulhai. That means these indigenes converted from another religion to islam.

However, when muslims convert to other religions, it becomes apostasy - which is punishable by death.

That is hypocrisy.

Sorry you are the hypocrite here. Give us instances where you have seen converts being killed, you don't come here and spill trash
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by livebullet(m): 5:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
jamp: @ mods why put dt message 'to avoid being banned.......

Do u put that when it comes to topics about christainity and esp the catholic church. People abuse the pope these past days during his resigning and they were not banned.

dont mind d mod....i knw all d insults catholics received here durin d Pope' s honorable resignation....there was no warning as to d@ effect now dis! Abegi....na dream una dey dream,Christainity will take firm root in Mecca b4 islam can "evangelize" even a stray dog on d streets of Rio. I mean who even in his insanity will convert to islam! Disgusting! If u like ban d post....*i hav spoken.Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by homesteady(m): 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
JaaizTech: It is quite unfortunate that many are just beginning to become aware of the teachings of Islam, it shows that the Muslims of the recent past really failed in exposing the true values of Islam. It is amazing that despite the "bad publicity" islam continues to grow in the west, i guess it is the ability of many westerners to look at issues or principles of any ideaology without prejudice that has made them see the beauty in Islam more.
It is quite painful as a muslim, when you see people standing on "nothingness"; "mere fantasies spurned around falsehope"; slandering ISLAM. I often see many non-Muslims running helter-skelter from one prayer warrior to motivation speaker (i.e modern day pastor) looking for solutions to their problems and often returning back with nothing but false hopes, when all they could have done is embrace some of the teachings of Islam and the problems will be a thing of the past.

“Indeed this Qur’an guides to the path which is clearer and straighter than any other.”

“These are the verses of the wise Book. A guide and a mercy to those who do good, those who establish regular prayers, and give regular charity, and have in their hearts the assurance of the hereafter.”

Quran12:111: "There was certainly in their stories a lesson for those of understanding. Never was the Qur'an a narration invented, but a confirmation of what was before it and a detailed explanation of all things and guidance and mercy for a people who believe."

Bla bla bla!! Spear us your long boring sermon

kandiikane:

Leave me joor! You wan mek I wound you? angry

@maclu, na me tell you I get time? Lol, abeg, mek I go do my research wella first because most things I know are from when I use to go arabic school. tongue
JaaizTech: It is quite unfortunate that many are just beginning to become aware of the teachings of Islam, it shows that the Muslims of the recent past really failed in exposing the true values of Islam. It is amazing that despite the "bad publicity" islam continues to grow in the west, i guess it is the ability of many westerners to look at issues or principles of any ideaology without prejudice that has made them see the beauty in Islam more.

Bla bla bla!! Spear us your long boring sermon

2 Likes

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by dederocs(m): 5:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
drzed: Well, for me the challenge of indigenous muslims (and this also applies to muslims in the west and middle east too); is that many of us tend to focus on the wrong issues in the wrong order of precedents.

After kalimat-usshahaadah (i.e. testifying that no deity is worthy of worship except Allah), the other pillars upon which Islam and muslims stand are: Prayer, Zakaat, Fasting and Hajj (for those who can afford it).

If we focus on these five pillars, muslims would stand strong because these are the basic pillars without which Islam/Muslims are invalid.

Unfortunately, when people with (according to sister deols) "sweet mouth and zero knowledge" are allowed to propagate Islam, all that you hear them talk about are things like: banishing alcohol, wearing hijab and fighting prostitution (not that these things are not issues of Islam)...but this is the way many non-muslims perceive Islam, especially in the post-Sharia crisis of the early 2000s, particularly in Nigeria.

For a woman, as an example, she can be a valid muslimah if she practices these five pillars even without wearing hijab. She may not be the ideal muslimah, but no one has the right to deny her of her beliefs. Afterall, even paradise get levels. Some people may make it there but dwell in a BQ or Face-me-I-Face you, while others will reside in Mansions within the neighbourhood of Firdaus. Some may enter hell fire for a while before they are released on Parole. Allahu Aalam. Now, conversely, any woman who thinks that merely wearing a hijab/nikab (without practicing the five pillars) makes her a muslim, is simply a fool...and a non-muslim for that matter.

Therefore, to be a fundamentalist is to start/focus on these five pillars and practice them very well. If we practice them, we would turn out as model parents, neighbours, citizens and human beings because it means we would eventually be trustworthy, decent, honest, kind, respectful and helpful people. Just like the Prophet (pbuh).

So our primary goal in carrying out dawaah (Mali militants take note) is not to just start chopping off people's hands or (as in the case of the Taliban) to start shooting girls who attend schools. Some so-called muslims of today think practicing Islam or demonstrating their strong faith is tantamount to fighting Jews or hating Christians. It is not. Fighting is not a pillar of Islam. Allah hates transgressors and oppressors. Fighting is not one of our articles of faith too. We should only fight as a last resort.

Let us revert to the true fundamentals of Islam by standing on these five pillars and we would stand tall and strong. We would attract people to Islam, just like the prophet's enemies were forced to love him due to the truthfulness of his ways.

How many of us muslims of nowadays live such beautiful lives that our non-muslim neighbors actually envy us and secretly wish they were like us?

Ask yourself this question everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
adaybayor:

Sorry you are the hypocrite here. Give us instances where you have seen converts being killed, you don't come here and spill trash
he said the truth when a Muslim converts to another religion It's death sentence.period aka apostasy.

1 Like

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Amalaaba: 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
tbaba1234: I learnt far more about Islam in the West than in Nigeria. Infact i thought i knew about Islam before i left but i knew nothing. Even the nothing i knew had problems with it. I am still not knowledgeable but at least i am sure of what i do plus i'm still learning.

There are also muslims that get lost in the west, it is not all rosy but if you really want to learn about Islam, you will. There is a lot of fitna though.

There are sad stories in the west too and the muslim community is far from perfect but there is work being done to improve it.

The key is to educate the younger generation and make them more responsible in the running of mosques. The younger generation have fresher ideas and are more in touch with what works in the 21st century. Is it possible for a 30 year old to be an Imam in Lagos, even if he has the best education in Islam??

I plan to start (or be involved in) a dawah movement in Nigeria soon In sha Allah, something that would involve dawah training and Quran training across institutions around the country. The MSAs have to be the engine that drives this movement. The biggest barrier to change will possibly come from the muslim communities. Too many cultural practices already conflict with Islam, so people will find it difficult to change. That is why the younger generation have to be the ones to drive change.

Muslim kids at the end of High school should have gone through the Quran at least once. I firmly believe that if we truly knew this book, we will be a different nation.

I have all these elaborate plans, in sha Allah in the next couple of years, something would start.

SIR, I AGREE WITH YOU ABSOLUTELY. Plse announce the Dawah group on NAIRALAND when you are ready and i would be ready to join. I am taking baby steps in that regard within the limits of my power and resources.

May Allah reward all of us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr. Shaykh Muhammad Kamalud-deen Habeebullah Al-adaby / 14th January Declared Public Holiday For Eid-el-Maulud / Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.