Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? (24805 Views)

Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by eagleeye2: 10:26am On Feb 25, 2013
oluking: More than 50% of the people here are LIARS?

because you are yet to buy your own car, then every other person is a liar.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by obi123: 10:29am On Feb 25, 2013
Lovetinz: It was a Volkswagen Beetle (the original beetle) I bought from an office colleague.
25k in year 2000.
Darn thing wouldnt start the next morning.
I spent more time washing it than driving it and had to turn the radio up full volume to keep the engine from deafening me.

i beg no kill me with laugh, na beg i dey beg you . Lol!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by cantell(m): 10:29am On Feb 25, 2013
eagle,eye:

Mehn! We're all Nigerians and we know the truth. What i don't understand is why some guys would lie just to feel among in a nameless/faceless forum.
Beats me.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by UnimkeAk(m): 10:29am On Feb 25, 2013
Yh, Got a Porsche Panamera 970 last month for 23m..
I'm 22.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by TableLeg(m): 10:34am On Feb 25, 2013
My first car was a Volkswagen Scirocco in 2002 ....
I paid 1850pounds ... What a car!
I miss it everytime .... I did everything in that car and it came at a time when i was preparing to go to University ... i had it till my industrial placement year!
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by eagleeye2: 10:36am On Feb 25, 2013
cantell:
Mehn! We're all Nigerians and we know the truth. What i don't understand is why some guys would lie just to feel among in a nameless/faceless forum.
Beats me.

My dear, NL is a faceless forum I agree. But look around you in your environment, don't you see young men and women driving around in their personal cars. And the thread is just hitting the second page, yet you believe that 50% of the people who have posted are lying. Moreover if you view the thread well, you will notice that the prices differ with some as low as 400,000#.
common, you don't need to call people liars just to make a point. Poverty may abound in Nigeria, but most People on NL are average, and do have a source of income.
Moreover if you take time to read all posts, you will know those that are just exaggerating.

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by 9ja4us: 10:37am On Feb 25, 2013
Age 24. A nissan Sunny.
Was my sister's.. paid 200k for it.

Brags... I am on my 4th car!
If i no talk am, how you go know? grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by aku626(m): 10:39am On Feb 25, 2013
please i believe this thread are for those that actually bought the car not for people who were given cars. I got mine last year 26yrs old Honda Civic 2001 American spec grin getting another one soon.
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:40am On Feb 25, 2013
Somorin#1:
I purchased my first car in Ibadan in 1984 or so.

It was a Suzuki FJ something. I paid N150 I think and took it home, it had a burnt piston. I took the engine apart, learned how to replace the piston and took the head to a machine shop. It was a two stroke deal and I had lots of fun in that thing.

Sold it to an Hausa Man in Sabo, Ibadan and purchased a Honda Civic, I forgot how much I paid for it but sold it no an aspiring juju musician in Ibadan shortly there after.

I salute your gray hair sir.

@OP I bought my first car Benz 190 at age 23 for N390k after graduation, now I'm 31. The Proceeds was from the sales of shares. The benz was sold for 100k to a friend in February 2008, gave the money to my mum, after which I bought a Toyota camry 1999 model same 2008 for N1.3M. Again I sold the Toyota Camry June 2008 for 900k to travel to Spain. Paid in 200k to the traveling agent's account before I discovered I had been duped by some fraudsters. I never gave up, saved the balance 700k in a trust account. For being stupid, I trekked the street of Lagos for 3months after which I saved and bought a Nissan Altima 2002 model September 2008 for N1,050,000M; used it for 4years before the transmission developed a major fault. Sold it for 250k after I have saved enough money to buy a Honda Accord 2003 model November 2012. Great ride for my kind of business.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by puffpuff: 10:40am On Feb 25, 2013
Nissan Sunny(two doors)@350k in 2007. I was in my late 20s then. I'm still enjoying it
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Truckpusher(m): 10:45am On Feb 25, 2013
Justosaus: how come EVERYBODY seems to have bought a car before the age of thirty? In this Nigeria?
....dey there dey doubt na ,boys are seriously making money both legally and illegally and it points towards one thing Naija is moving forward wether dem like am or dem no like am grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by ddippset(m): 10:45am On Feb 25, 2013
Hahahahaha. Naija people and effizzy. A lot of people here are talking like 'I bought my car for so so so millions, iam JUST twenty this twenty that' who told you twenty something is just?

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Imyourex(m): 10:47am On Feb 25, 2013
nwapee: I inherited my first 911 (Gwongwolo)from my Dad @25. I bought my First Car Benz190 last year @ 27.
grin
Choi! Pple still dey but Benz 190 again?
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by gulfer: 10:48am On Feb 25, 2013
pafestula: Hello NL... This just came to my mind today, and I see it as avenue of fun, lets share the experience on how easy or though it was for some of us to acquired our first car, and at what age and how much? And also from which source? E.g I bought my first car in year 2002 at the age of 27 years then, benz 190 parded at the rate of 650,000 through office loan. Lets hear yours to keep the fun rolling... cheers

Waoh, now I know your age grin grin grin
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by emeka762001(m): 10:50am On Feb 25, 2013
i bought my first car last year volkwagen 1980 model at the age of 33.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Truckpusher(m): 10:51am On Feb 25, 2013
My first car was at the age of 23 ,a Toyota Camry 1998 model at #1,470,000.....omo you need to see how me and my cousin bash bash that car, but after one year i sold this love of my life for 700k after it developed a gear problem grin grin grin grin grin
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Andrew3(m): 10:59am On Feb 25, 2013
mine was a mistubishi lancer 1992 model, I was 19. That was my school fees grin grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by mrofficial2(m): 11:04am On Feb 25, 2013
I bought my first car at 18, VW Golf 3. I'm on the 5th one now.
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by anonymoux: 11:06am On Feb 25, 2013
I bought my first car at the age of 22 and it cost me just N3.6m

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Wsdm: 11:06am On Feb 25, 2013
Justosaus: how come EVERYBODY seems to have bought a car before the age of thirty? In this Nigeria?
Those that bought their car above 30 may be shy to mention it seeing that most of the posts are bellow that age.But giveth to whom he wishes and restrict thereof. I bought mine @ 28, year 2007 Toyota corolla(cricket) fairly used at 280k.
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by saxking(m): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2013
inspired_m: Bought My First car at 19 yrs.

1992 Model Honda Accord ( Honda Holla )

450,000 Naira

19? Hmmmm...rich dad I guess
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Edunwa302(m): 11:09am On Feb 25, 2013
I bought mine at 27 camry ,1993
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by braxjay(m): 11:11am On Feb 25, 2013
eagle,eye:

dude its not bout that, very soon some1 would say he got his @ 12yrs and the car was 12 million and he's now 25,
y u no just write private jet @ 25. the lies are too much cos there is no credibility to it.
which car dealer will sell car to a 16 yr old in naija? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Liberal2020: 11:16am On Feb 25, 2013
Okay Okay guys, from reading all comments, the common denominator is that everyone bought a car in their 20s. What does this translate to...Nigerian economy has been great. Thunder fire anyone who complains about our economy again.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by purity80(m): 11:16am On Feb 25, 2013
Truckpusher: yeah! bro you're right peeps should follow their heart and not what everyone is doing, but sometimes you need to follow the trend a little cheesy cheesy grin

Yeah bruv. I'm actually planning to get one as soon as possible. Jst applied my knowledge of financial Mathematics well and delayed gratification
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by truelove707: 11:17am On Feb 25, 2013
TolaniLuv: At 17yrs old I bought my first car. Honda legend 450k, gave it to my friend !

Since then! I can't count how many cars I bought so far. Now, 26yrs!
Gimi one na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? / Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road / This N110m Jayco Embark RV Is A Mansion On Wheels (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.