Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Love And Loneliness - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love And Loneliness (884 Views)

To Love And Leave. (story Series) / Love and Diamonds / A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love And Loneliness by lucabrasi(m): 12:41am On Mar 18, 2008
it was a drab and grey monday morning that gerogia was buried,the st peters cathedral in pendelbury was a quaint victorian church built about 200 years ago,i always have an overwelming sense of warmth each time i step into the church and sit in between the antique oak pews lining both sides of the church,especially striking are the enormous glass stained window with a picture of the virgin mary lookign down towards the enormous victorian oak double doors i have always admired.

as i pushed the heavyset oak double doors open and stepped into the church,i saw a lot of friends and georgia's colleagues from the help a child foundation and her work place, some sobbing quietly and others looking on sadly waiting for the service to start,andrew, georgia's father was seated on the first row of pews on the left with nisha sitting between him and jill his wife,her arms round nisha looking at the casket in fron of the church dreary eyed,i quietly touched andrew on his shoulder and as he looked up and saw me, made way for me to slip in between him and jill as i carried nisha and sat her down on my laps, while holding her tight and looking at gerogia laying peacefully in the casket as if she was asleep,the service started on a solemn note with the entrance of the officiating minister and later preaching and two of georgia's adopted children as she likes to call them from the help a child foundation rendering a song and andrew doing a reading,the whole service went by in a blur because i barely listened or concentrated on anything but lost in thought thinking of the first time i set eyes on georgia, her delicate features the red friendship band she always wore on her right hand and her ruffled but equally lovely braids she kept on re arranging and retying behind her head,she looked up sharply with a questioning look in her face as i walked in, erm hello,are you dr abiola, i asked nervously,unsure with her questioning eyes if i was in the right office and her regainig her composure and standing up behind her desk, you must be,you must be my 2.00 oclock appointment as she extended her graceful hands for a shake and i couldnt fail to notice the well manicured finger nails and her loveli brown skin,

(1) (Reply)

The Underground (fiction) / The Strange Love Giver / How To Kiss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.