Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,525 members, 7,770,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:29 AM

Love and Diamonds - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love and Diamonds (49100 Views)

To Love And Leave. (story Series) / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
This is my first story on Nairaland. I am still far away from being a professional writer.. Feel free to comment and make necessary corrections to allow room for improvement. Thank you as you read
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
CHAPTER ONE.
KAINENE'S POV
A scream from the room next to mind woke me up. It was the voice of Amina, my house mate and bestie. I shared a house with two girls whom I had met during my service year in Abuja, Amina and Preye. We were more like sisters though from different mothers. we had made a decision after passing out to keep the house since we were retained in the various establishments which we had worked in during our service year.
I yawned loudly and climbed off my bed and headed to Amina's room. Her room was dark so I switched the bulbs on only see Amina sweating and panting profusely even with the Air-conditioner on.I walked up to her sitting on her bed and asked, 'What happened?'
She heaved and in batted breath she responded, 'I had a terrible nightmare and my head keeps banging and ...
'Oh its okay. It was only a nightmare, let me get you something to calm you down. I felt her forehead with the back of my palm, 'you are obviously running temperature." Just as I was about to stand up Preye walked into the room in lazy steps. I was not surprised that she was just coming, our rooms were next to each other because the Preye I kne w is a deep sleeper to the extent that a gun fired next to her bed wouldnt wake her up. She came close and sat on Amina's bed. I told her to stay with Amina while I go to make a hot mug of cocoa for Amina. I shifted my eyes to the bedside clock, it was 3:45 a.m.
Re: Love and Diamonds by princesa(f): 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
The writing spirit is blowing and hitting everyone...

Readers are turning to writers...

Am impressed and am followingwink

4 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 9:21pm On Dec 03, 2013
I entered the kitchen which was situated directly across the living room downstairs. I poured hot water from the flask to the mug and waited for the cocoa I had put into it to dissolve. What could be wröng with Amina? I thought because she looked very fine to me before we went to bed. We had watched our favourite serial, Hunger games usually aired Thursday nights at 7:00 gmt. I thought about how we met and our different background. Amina, a graduate of Chemical Engineering working with Tulhill Corportion. The second daughter of a Gwari muslim family. Her parents were living in Kaduna . Preye, the only daughter and the last child of her oil-magnate parents, the Ibiaris , a graduate of Information Technology, majored in web designing and computer programming from Harvard University who against the wishes of her parents to remain abroad their reason being that they do not want her to be a victim of the security challenges in Nigeria came back relocating to Abuja where she maintained a low-profile cautiously staying away from the social environment. Her reasön being that she wanted to know more about Africa, Nigerian and the community life having spent 75% of her existence abroad. She had gradually adapted to the situation in Nigeria. She was the most boisterous of us all though she could be temperamental atimes.
Switching off my reminiscing mode, I picked the mug of cocoa to meet a calm Amina with Preye still at her bedside. Adjusting her pillows behind her so she could sit up, I handed her the cocoa which she drank.
'So tell us about the nightmare', I said.
I was in the middle of a big beautiful garden adorned with trees and flowers of various kinds. I was admiring the beautiful scenery when suddenly I heared a loud scream, as I turned to locate the direction the scream came from and behold, I saw a fierce looking stocky man raising up his dagger to stab me with it, then I shouted and woke up'.
Hmmm... I sighed, "Did you have any arguement with anybody?"
'No'
Anyway, just be careful. You never know who is being vengeful for no reason', I said.
'Wonders shall never end, I don't believe in dreams but this one is quite scary Amina. Thank God you weren't killed in your dream', Preye said.
I stood up from the bed, went into Amina's ensuite bathrøom to get some pain killers which she took with water. It was 5:00 a.m so we decided to stay with Amina till daybreak incase she had another nightmare. We climbed into bed with her which was big for us three, covering ourselves with the duvet, we slowly drifted to sleep..

2 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
princesa: The writing spirit is blowing and hitting everyone...

Readers are turning to writers...

Am impressed and am followingwink
Thank you Princesa. I am glad you are impressed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 12:14am On Dec 04, 2013
Grrrh...grrh....the alarm clock at the bedside went on. I suddenly jerked up from the bed, it was already 6:30a.m. I turned to my side to still discover that Preye and Amina were still sleeping. Well, I can understand for Amina but Preye, I can't leave her on that bed especially when she told me she had an important presentation this morning by 8:00a.m at work.
I shook her, 'wake up Preye, it is already late and you have a presentation by 8:00a.m'.

'Oh! Leave me alone, can,t I have some minutes sleep'.

'No butterhead you can't', I said shaking her harder and poured her a bottle of cold water I had brought from the kitchen.

'Aaargh', she shouted, 'whats the time now?'
'It's 6:45a.m already'.
'Ah Oh my God, I am finished', she quickly scampered off the bed and ran out of the room.
'Oh no, I am done for', she screamed, scattering clothes from her closet on to her bed. Meanwhile Amina was still sleeping peacefully so I decided to let her be. I covered her with the duvet then I left for the kitchen to make a light breakfast of sandwich and coffee for Preye. Some minutes later, I was done and left the kitchen only to see Preye on her way to the front door.
'Preye! Wait, won't you have breakfast? I have already made breakfast for you and I don't want you breaking down during your presentation', I said.

'No, I am already late', she replied still holding onto the door handle.
'Chilax, it's just 7:20a.m, you can still be there early, the roads are free and I can even drive you there'.
'Wow, that's so nice of you. Are you not on call this morning? She asked.
'No I am not but I will be in the afternoon. So calm down and eat your breakfast', I said as we walked into the kitchen.
'What can I do without you', she said and started eating.
' A lot', I replied, 'do you still want me to drive you down to Garki?
'No don't bother', I am already familiar with the roads so I won't get lost again'.
I laughed hysterically. She said this because on a certain day when she was still new in Abuju and just got her car, instead of driving to Garki where the company she was working for was located, she mistakenly took the road to Nyanya and by the time the made it to her place of work it was already 12 noon and her boss was cross with her for the rest of the day.

'Okay, I believe you', I said pouring hot water from the big jug into my mug. Some minutes later, she was done and I hugged her and wished her good luck.
'Thanks girl and emm.. by the way, I saw Dennis yesterday and he asked of you'.
' Okay', I said frowning not wanting to visit that part of my life which is dead and buried.

'Jeez, why did you scrunch your face like that? I only delivered a message, you don't have to take it personal', she said. I just shoved her out of the house so she would'nt make any other annoying utterances...

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by tijehi(f): 3:27am On Dec 04, 2013
One word..beauutiful intro. So so following.
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 6:24am On Dec 04, 2013
tijehi: One word..beauutiful intro. So so following.
Thank you so much.
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2013

RAYMOND'S POV

'Naeto, hurry up, I have an important meeting by 9:00a.m and I don't want to be late.' I called to my five year old son as I lifted my brief case from the breakfast table.

'Coming my daddy.' I heared him reply from his room upstairs.
'Naeto, hurry up young man or you will drive yourself to school this morning.' I wondered what he went up to his room to get even after his nanny/the housekeeper Lauretta had already prepared him for school.
'Naeto, I am going to ... I said as I turned only to find him looking down at me from the top of the stairs with an innocent face pouting.
'I am here my daddy', he said as he ran down the stairs to meet me. I hugged him ruffling his dark silky hair. Slowly pulling him away to look at him, I asked,
'So what held you up son?'

'Hmm... I went to get mummy's picture.' he said quietly.

'Why?'

'My teacher asked us to present pictures of our parents for the school's family album.'
'Naeto' I said bending to be at the same height with him, placing my hands on his shoulders, 'you cannot take your mummy's picture.'
'But why daddy? He frowned stomping his little feet while batting his eyelashes as if he was about to cry. 'All my friends can bring their mummy's pictures and I cannot. Its not fair dad, I will leave you and find another mummy. I don't like you anymore.'
'Hey buddy, you know it is just the two of us now because mum is in heaven watching us right now but don't worry, I will find you a mother who will love you so much.' I said as I wiped away the tears running down his chubby cheeks.
'Seriously daddy' he said to me .

'I am serious buddy and what do you say about seeing your grandma tomorrow. She is coming to visit us and she will come with lots of goodies for you.'

'Really daddy?" He asked batting his eyelashes moist from crying. I nodded. "Wow, I love you my daddy and I love grandma cos she gives me lots of toys.' he replied his eyes widening with excitement. I wondered how a person could go from hating someone to loving him within the space of a minute. I usually let him get away with so many things when Mrs Coker my late wife Olivia's mum is around. My little son has got her wrapped around his little finger. I do not mind because I want my son to have the best childhood even though I miss Olivia so much especially those nights when I feel lonely.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by princesa(f): 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
tijehi:
One word..beauutiful intro. So so following.
i think I'll sit near you, really missed yousmiley

@trixandria
weldone, i think i see a sub plot? Hopefully you will connect them. Keep writing, folks would soon come.
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 9:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
princesa:
i think I'll sit near you, really missed yousmiley

@trixandria
weldone, i think i see a sub plot? Hopefully you will connect them. Keep writing, folks would soon come.
yes,you are right. I am gradually introducing the characters. Thank you
Re: Love and Diamonds by Charmin1(f): 10:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
Following.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by tijehi(f): 11:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
This is what I call a very Neat story. Even when we don't know the route its taking yet, one can tell from the intro and follow ups that the writer has a defined direction. Please keep up the good work. Do not delay in updating Puleeezzzzzz.

2 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by missterious(f): 11:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
Following

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:52am On Dec 05, 2013
CONTINUATION
####################

Olivia, my late wife, best friend , companion,lover and the mother of my child died five years ago while giving birth to my joy Naeto. I can still recall the gory details of her death. She had a high risk pregnancy caused by pre-eclampsia during the second trimester but we were able to manage it until the eight month when she had to be admitted into the hospital. She had had an emergency surgery to save her and our baby but unfortunately she didn't survive. I felt as if my world has gone dark and there was not even a glimpse of light at the edge of the tunnel. She had made me promise even as she went into the theatre that no matter what happens to her that I would love our son, our miracle and that I would find happiness. She also told me not to grieve so much for her that she had fulfilled her mission on earth and her Creator has called her back to Him. Even as she held my hand in a tight grip and continued talking, I kept on wondering why she had leave me when we were still beginning our lives together. She was only twenty-six years. Even in pain, she had tried to cheer me up. I told her that I know she would come back to me but that was the last time we saw each other because unfortunately she didn't make it. She died one hour after giving birth to my son due to excessive bleeding.

After Olivia's death, I decided to focus on my son and shower him with lots of love which I knew was what Olivia would have loved me to do instead of grieving to long for her. Olivia's parents were very helpful during those dark moments. Even though the had lost their precious daughter, they helped me take care of Naeto. After the burial mass held for Olivia, Chief Coker drew me aside and told me, ' It was a lovely ceremony.' I blinked away the tears pooling at the corner of my eyes. He continued, 'I know Olivia is happy wherever she is. It is very painful to lose a loved one most especially a wife. I want you to know that we are ever ready to help and support you and our grandson. My wife is willing to nurse our grandson till he is old enough to stay on his own.'
I thanked him. I was grateful for having such wonderful parents-in-law.

'Lauretta!', I called the housekeeper who came in from the kitchen wiping her hands on a towel. 'I will pick Naeto from school myself so don't worry about preparing lunch for him or dinner for us cos we will be eating out and we will be late.

'Yes sir, have a nice day and you too Naeto.' she said .

'Have a nice day too Lauretta' Naeto replied.

'Thank you Lauretta.' I said. She smiled and returned to work while we left.

END OF CHAPTER ONE. I need your comments and encouragement to continue. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by hajiscojas(f): 7:58am On Dec 05, 2013
Following, nice story u got ere nd I hope u wldnt disappoint us ur humble followers.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:24am On Dec 05, 2013
Charmin':
Following.
thank you. Giving you frönt seat with princesa and tijehi.
tijehi: This is what I call a very Neat story. Even when we don't know the route its taking yet, one can tell from the intro and follow ups that the writer has a defined direction. Please keep up the good work. Do not delay in updating Puleeezzzzzz.
Thank you. I won't dissappoint.
Re: Love and Diamonds by Cheriepet: 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
i think i like ur story n d fluency in which u connect ur characters bt i am confuse abt sumtin here; are there 2 narrators to dis story n y?

can' wait for u to introduce Naeto's fada.

weldone n i am seriously following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
Cheriepet: i think i like ur story n d fluency in which u connect ur characters bt i am confuse abt sumtin here; are there 2 narrators to dis story n y?

can' wait for u to introduce Naeto's fada.

weldone n i am seriously following
Thank you. To answer your question, I will be writing from 2 person's point of view, that is from Kainene the female lead character and also from the male lead, Naeto's father though at some point I will make use of the third person narrative. You will understand as I continue.
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 9:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
CHAPTER TWO

KAINENE'S POV
'Good Afternoon doctor Kaine' Kiki, the receptionist at the reception greeted as soon as I walked into the hospital's lobby to resume my afternoon duty.

'Afternoon Kiki, did you check the charts today?'
'Yes. Dr Olubanjo said you should meet him once you come today and Dr Mark requested you to scrub in with him for a tonsillectomy by 3:00pm.

'Okay... Thanks, I will be in my office. 'Okay ma'am. Once I entered my office, I sat down, pulling off my shoes , then went over my patients files I had left yesterday. Twenty minutes later, I was done and made my way to Dr Olubanjo's office.

.'Afternoon doc', Dr Olubanjo's secretary greeted me as soon as I walked into his office.

'Afternoon Stella, is Chief around?

'Yes he is, you may go in,' she said.

'Thank you Stella' I said. Giving three soft taps to the door I waited.
'Yes, come in.' I heard Chief's sonorous voice as he ushered me into his plush office adorned with exquisite and sophisticated furniture, with two office desks at the corners with Chief seated on a chair behind the one at the western part of the office which had two chairs in front of it.

'Afternoon chief'

'Afternoon Kiane, you may sit down . How are you?'
'I am fine chief.' I replied. Dr Olubanjo popularly known as chief was the chief of pediatrics in St Anne's Hospital Maitama, the largest hospital in Northern Nigeria. Having known him for almost eight years when still in the university. He was like a father to me. He was one of the professors that taught us pediatric during my fifth year in the university. We actually became close during that period when I wrote my fourth medical school examination. After the exams, I remembered him calling out my name in the class.

'Who is Kainenechukwu Meludu?'

Nobody answered and I couldn't answer because I was afraid of the reason why I was called. It is not everyday a student is called out by a professor unless it is something serious or negative. He repeated my name again. I really wanted to stand up but I couldn't bring myself to do so as if I was glued to my seat.

'Okay, since the bearer of that name is not present in my class, let us begin the business of the day.' he finally said. I felt a surge of relief run down my spine immediately. We met again in my final year when he became my academic adviser and my research supervisor. I had gone to his office to get my research topic approved.

'Good morning sir.' I greeted him as soon as I walked into his office.

'Yes, how may I help you?, he asked me without looking up from his laptop meaning obviously he was very busy before I entered his office.

'Sir, I am here to get my research topic approved as you are my supervisor.'

'Okay, sit down. What is your name?' He asked me still typing away on his laptop.

'Mmm... my name is Kainenechukwu Meludu.'
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
I will be posting the second part of chapter 2 tonight. Please I need your comments to deliver well
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
CONTINUATION
#####################

He suddenly looked up to me, bringing down his glasses to the tip of his nose. ' Really?' he asked.

'Yes sir.' I replied in a low tone which I had used to answer my name praying that he wouldn't bring up the incident that happened in class. Unfortunately that was not meant to be because the next thing he said was 'Hmm, so you are the infamous Meludu? Where you in my class the day I released your results?.'

'Mmm....yes I was.' I replied.

'Well, I have been waiting to meet you and now I have. I must tell you this, you are an exceptional brilliant student and I will encourage you to do your specialty in pediatric. Keep it up. Choose your topic because I know you will choose a very good one. Come back on Monday for my approval, if I am not available, give it to my secretary. Hope you like children?'

'Yes sir, I do. Thank you .' I said and left his office. That day marked the beginning of a very close relationship between us. He was like a father to me having lost my parents at th tender age of five.

Back to the present.###

'So Kaine, I have seen your results from the last residency exams that you wrote and you performed excellently well. I think you are the best resident I have had in a long time. Very hardworking both in practice and research. You know I am on longer young and very soon I will be relinquishing my rein of power as the head of pediatric and so I have given the hospital board your name as one of those that are eligible to succeed me when I retire. I just want to inform you so you wouldn't be taken unaware.' he concluded and inhaled deeply.

'Sir I..... I..... I mean I don't know what to say. I an still young and I don't really have much experience like others.' I said this because I had only been a resident for five years. 'Dr Mark, Dr Biola and Dr Rukewe have been here long before I came. They even have more experienc than I do.' I countered him.

'I know Kainene. But I have chosen you to this job because I trust you and you are so good with the children. It is just an offer but do consider it okay.'

'Okay chief, even though I am not so enthusiastic about the offeri, I am still grateful for considering me for such a responsibility. I will not disappoint you.'

'I know you will not'

'Thank you Chief.' I said. 'Please tell Aunt Tinuke that I really miss her and her ewedu soup that I would drop by one of these days to see her'
'Oh dear.' he chuckled. ' I will dear. She really misses you.'

'Thank you Chief, have a nice day.' I said and left his office.

########################

Sitting in my cubicle after a busy day from the wards to the theatre and back to the wards again before I finally took a break. I was already feeling cramps on my legs and I had had to drag myself to my cubicle, my haven of rest. I looked at my Chris Aire wrist watch which I had gotten as a birthday present from Preye last year. It said 7:45 pm. Slipping off my boots, I allow cool fresh air coming in from the windows cool my feet as I stretched it on top of the desk. Leaning back in my chair, closing my eyes to enjoy few minutes of peaceful existence when suddenly the intercom on tin desk rang jostling me up. 'Hello,' I spoke into the receiver .

'Dr Kainene, you have been requested to come immediately into the ER (Emergency room). There has been a fatal accident involving a man and his child.'

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Cheriepet: 12:46am On Dec 07, 2013
u re doing great. i hope nothing happens to Naeto n his fada.

gud job dear
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 6:13am On Dec 07, 2013
Cheriepet: u re doing great. i hope nothing happens to Naeto n his fada.

gud job dear
Thank you. I hope so too
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 10:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
#######################

'Oh no, not this time.' I thought. Just now I was about to rest. Anyway, I have already sworn the Hippocratic oath so I don't have a choice right now than to get myself ready to save lives for an average of time of 8 hours meaning another night at the hospital. Putting on my boots, grabbing my coat from the hanger I left my cubicle to the OR (Operating Room).

The accident involved three persons. The driver of the trailer,a five year old boy and his gorgeous father. I know I am supposed to keep it professional but I couldn't help but admire the body with full muscular abs and arms and .. Okay stop, I chided myself. For all I know, this man here has already been taken. He has a five year old kid who is so gorgeous with long eyelashes fanning his chubby cheeks meaning his wife is probably somewherei. The man had some bruises on his face and arms while the little boy had deep cuts on his face and arms and some pieces of broken glasses which found their way into his body because the car fell onto his side as the trailer and its drunk driver suddenly swerved from the left side of the road to the right hitting the car which made it to jerk violently to the side and saumersaulted once on the road. That was the information I got from the paramedics who brought them in. I instructed the nurse to give them some IVs (Intravenous fluids) as the peripheral circulation is possibly shut down before the man was taken over from of from another doctor while I concentrated on saving the child's life.
Six hours later, I was done with the surgery and the child had already been moved back to his room. Back in my cubicle, I filled the necessary paper work handing it over the nurse in charge picking my bag from the table, I made my way to the door , bade goodnight to the nurses and dragged myself to my Toyota Rav 4 2010 model I had bought as a birthday present to myself I drive straight home. Luckily the girls were still sleeping and I didn't want to disturb them so I quietly tip-toed to my room, had a luxurious and refreshing bath and whoop, I jumped straight to bed only covering myself in only my towel. It was 6:15 a.m, I will able to have a decent sleep before I begin another afternoon shift and I can't wait to see them especially .... I drifted to sleep.

END OF CHAPTER 2. Thank you as you read and comment.

6 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by tijehi(f): 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
I just love this story. Words fail me to express myself more than that. Just keep up with ur fantastic work

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
tijehi: I just love this story. Words fail me to express myself more than that. Just keep up with ur fantastic work
Thank you. Words cannot express my gratitude. I have been trying to update but my phone will not allow me. Hopefully, I will update by tomorrow.
Re: Love and Diamonds by Cheriepet: 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
i was disappointed when i saw no update bt i saw ur apology n xplanation n felt beta

keep doing a wonderful work here

i dey ur back solid
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
CHAPTER THREE

KAINENE'S POV

The next morning was a Saturday. I woke up to a noisy house. Still lying on my queen sized bed, I turned left to check the time on the fancy alarm clock sitting on the bedside table. It said 7:45a.m. Oh no, why did I wake up this late? I was usually awake before 6:00a.m everyday, say my morning prayers then spend an hour in the gym we had set up downstairs. A girl has to be in shape always then I remembered last night. I rubbed my eyes clearing the remnants of sleep even though it was skill calling me back. I had this morning off but will be working this afternoon. I wonder if the little boy Naeto had woken up from the anaesthesia administered to him before the surgery and his father who was kept by Dr Chuks to monitor him and to make sure he was not bleeding internally. I slipped into my dressing gown, opened my door to know the reason behind the noise this morning. I heard Preye's voice as I made my way downstairs. I entered the kitchen and behold in front of me was a very beautiful cake designed in the shape of a man's shirt with 'HBD Eedris ' written at the edge.

'Wow, wow, wow, this is very very beautiful!' I exclaimed as I drew nearer to the able sitting on the kitchen table where we do have our meals most times because it was closer to the pot and we could always help ourselves to second plates easily. Eedris is Amina's fiance and they have been together for about five years. They had met in their final year at the university and since then they have been inseperable. Eedris parents were very rich and he was the heir to his father's multi-national company. Today is Ederis birthday and we will be going down to Ruiz Continental Hotel where the party will be held.

'Of course it is. It was delivered this morning and I was the first to see it.'

Leaning on the kitchen counter, I said, 'Seriously Amina, this cake is not only beautiful but handsome. I love the design. Eedris is a lucky man o. Abeg, give me the number of your baker make I collect an for future purpose.' They both turned towards me gazing, mouths wide open. 'What?' I asked, abeg close your mouths before fly go enter am. Can't someone require the services of a baker again? It may be for an aunt, friend or colleague, so why the reaction?

2 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
CONTINUATION.

######################

'Tell us more.' Amina said while carefully wrapping the cake and placing it inside its box.
'Friend ke, colleague ko, make I hear. Later now, you will be asking us for tips or which dress to wear for this date or that.' Preye said.

'Abeg shift joor. You eh one day I will know that little secret of yours you have been hiding.' I retorted back at her while opening the fridge to get a bottle of drinking water.

'Y'all know that I am a saint and got no secret.' she said in an American accent.

'See this one o , anyway what time is the party, I think I will come from the hospital.'

'Its starting 8pm officially but the red carpet is by 6pm.' Amina answered.
'Who has time for red carpet? I will meet you guys there. Sorry I couldn't help in the preparations. I will give Eedris his birthday present when I come.'

'We understand, you have to help save lives. By the way, what kept you at the hospital last night?' Amina asked. I narrated the events of last night. When I ended, all I heard was "aww, its a pity', that came from Amina. 'Such beautiful family, what about the wife?' Preye asked.

'Well, I don't know. I didn't see a ring on his finger. Whats for breakfast , I am hungry.'

'Scrambled eggs, toast and coffee.'

'Thanks dear, you really know how hungry I am after those grueling hours in the OR. When are you guys leaving?'

-Just after breakfast.' she replied. I ate breakfast then went upstairs to my room hoping to have a decent power nap before going to work.

######################
Thank you as you read and comment.

3 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
Nice one. Keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:46am On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=Cheriepet]i was disappointed when i saw no update bt i saw ur apology n xplanation n felt beta. Thank you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Onyeka Nwelue: "A Lady Asked For Sex Before She Could Give Me Loan" / Razor Tongue: A Story / VALENCRY, My Valentine Experience ( Short Story )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.