Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon (17085 Views)

FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon / Abba Kyari Meets Ambode After The Rescue Of Kidnapped Lagos Schoolgirls / Military Releases Video Of Terrorists Bombardment (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by RoblesOg(m): 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2013

The French family was kidnapped by the Nigerian terror group.

Islamist extremist group, Boko Haram, has released a video showing the French family kidnapped in Cameroon, near the border with Nigeria.

The three minutes, 26 seconds video, posted on YouTube on Monday, shows the seven members of the Moulin Fournier family, kidnapped on February 19.

The video shows three adult members of the family-two men and one woman; and four children sitting between two armed men, masked, and in military fatigue, and a third who acted as the group spokesperson.

The spokesperson confirmed they belong to the Jama’a Ahl al-Sunnah lil Da’wa wal Jihad, better known as Boko Haram.

He accused France of waging war on Islam, and said the condition for releasing their hostages was for the Nigerian government to release all female jihadists imprisoned, while the Cameroonian government releases their male counterparts.

“Finally, I say to you, fulfill all of these things, and if you leave one thing from them we will slaughter those we took, we will slaughter those we took,” the spokesperson threatened at the end of the video.

The release comes a day after a faction of the group told journalists in Nigeria they were pushing for a ceasefire and that the leader of the group, Abubakar Shekau, was in support of dialogue with the government.

French President, François Hollande, had mentioned Boko Haram as the kidnappers of the hostages. French and Cameroonian authorities also said the hostages were later taken to Nigeria after their kidnap in Cameroon.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/121928-boko-haram-releases-video-of-french-family-kidnapped-in-cameroon.html
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by HAH: 9:59pm On Feb 25, 2013
Was this not the family JTF said they rescued in Dikwa Borno state, shame on you guys why have we given you 1 trillionn will you get down to work and rescue this family? Mtcheew

Abi you think we gave you that money only to mount road block .
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by doskye1gmail: 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
Those man called boko haram.are useless set of people.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by Hadone(m): 10:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
The comments to follow this topic will clearly prove beyond reasonable doubt that Boko-Haram is more of Christianity than Islam. That this guys above are truely Christians trying any possible means to give Islam a bad name. It happened not once not twice. I will not comment further, the following comments and hidden comments will justify my claim.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by braine(m): 12:46am On Feb 26, 2013
These people have totally made up their minds to embarass this nation. Their demands should not be entertained. Wtf? Is this act not enough to wage war/extermination on Islam them??

7 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by braine(m): 12:47am On Feb 26, 2013
doskye1@gmail:
Those man called boko haram.are useless set of people.

embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by SlyIg(f): 12:51am On Feb 26, 2013
Boko Haram- The worst thing that can ever happen to a developing country like Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by topsy1971: 12:56am On Feb 26, 2013
@doskye1@gmail.com or what do you call yourself? Can't you edit your write up before posting? What's the meaning of "Those man" Chei, english don suffer!
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by gabinogem(m): 12:56am On Feb 26, 2013
When will it end... Are we sure these menace will ever stop in this country! Smh
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by vlarge: 1:01am On Feb 26, 2013
What I still can't understand is, are these people (boko haram) thinking God is happy with them killing people that God Himself created with his hand and cherished.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by ozodimgba(m): 1:02am On Feb 26, 2013
God is watching us.
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by OmerianConsult: 1:07am On Feb 26, 2013
This ugly development will ensure the intervention of external help which GEJ has since rejecting.
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by peggycious(f): 1:08am On Feb 26, 2013
Serious matter.
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by gerrardomendes(m): 1:09am On Feb 26, 2013
beware of 419. this space is not for sale

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by cyril83(m): 1:09am On Feb 26, 2013
vlarge: What I still can't understand is, are these people (boko haram) thinking God is happy with them killing people that God Himself created with his hand and cherished.
God may not be happy but god *allah* is happy .

(make i derail small) *** Nlanders abeg make una helep me for this matter coz e be like say the matter don pass mathaias for female muslim oh***

Abeg if a muslim man gets 7 virgins in heaven, what do the women have?
On earth i know the mulsim/islam is partial to the female gender but one would expect it to be different in their heaven.

Or is there sex gender discrimination in their religion?

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by kelvincoll(m): 1:21am On Feb 26, 2013
gabinogem: When will it end... Are we sure these menace will ever stop in this country! Smh

i fear same embarassed #In Achebe's Word... There was a Country
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 26, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by ziccoit: 1:29am On Feb 26, 2013
braine: These people have totally made up their minds to embarass this nation. Their demands should not be entertained. Wtf? Is this act not enough to wage war/extermination on Islam them??

What a topsy-turvy - backwards - inside out - upside down manner of thinking and reasoning?

A confused soul.
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 26, 2013
Had_one: The comments to follow this topic will clearly prove beyond reasonable doubt that Boko-Haram is more of Christianity than Islam. That this guys above are truely Christians trying any possible means to give Islam a bad name. It happened not once not twice. I will not comment further, the ollowing comments and hidden comments will justify my claim.
If nobody comes out to tell you that you are silly and a slow poke i will.Instead of speaking on the way forward you are here showcasing your religious bigotry.Shallow minded skunk

13 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by braine(m): 1:46am On Feb 26, 2013
ziccoit:

What a topsy-turvy - backwards - inside out - upside down manner of thinking and reasoning?

A confused soul.

And you think you've made a comment, right? undecided

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by mcevans1(m): 1:47am On Feb 26, 2013
Those poor INNOCENT CHILDREN! I am lost for words if anything happens to this family. How can anyone use god as an excuse to hurt another human being!!!
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by touchmeder: 1:52am On Feb 26, 2013
Is it not this Boko Haram that will make foreign troops invade some part of Nigeria to smoke the members out? Since our government cant or have refused to tame this wild beast. Such a shame...
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by tutu1: 1:58am On Feb 26, 2013
In other news Atiku donates 70 million to public, how come Northern Elite cant control their people
RoblesOg:

The French family was kidnapped by the Nigerian terror group.

Islamist extremist group, Boko Haram, has released a video showing the French family kidnapped in Cameroon, near the border with Nigeria.

The three minutes, 26 seconds video, posted on YouTube on Monday, shows the seven members of the Moulin Fournier family, kidnapped on February 19.

The video shows three adult members of the family-two men and one woman; and four children sitting between two armed men, masked, and in military fatigue, and a third who acted as the group spokesperson.

The spokesperson confirmed they belong to the Jama’a Ahl al-Sunnah lil Da’wa wal Jihad, better known as Boko Haram.

He accused France of waging war on Islam, and said the condition for releasing their hostages was for the Nigerian government to release all female jihadists imprisoned, while the Cameroonian government releases their male counterparts.

“Finally, I say to you, fulfill all of these things, and if you leave one thing from them we will slaughter those we took, we will slaughter those we took,” the spokesperson threatened at the end of the video.

The release comes a day after a faction of the group told journalists in Nigeria they were pushing for a ceasefire and that the leader of the group, Abubakar Shekau, was in support of dialogue with the government.

French President, François Hollande, had mentioned Boko Haram as the kidnappers of the hostages. French and Cameroonian authorities also said the hostages were later taken to Nigeria after their kidnap in Cameroon.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/121928-boko-haram-releases-video-of-french-family-kidnapped-in-cameroon.html
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by Nobody: 2:08am On Feb 26, 2013
[size=13pt]I had to translate an article on this subject from French to English for a course of mine. There's a Congolese woman who knows I'm Nigerian. As we were discussing, she jokingly told the students to stop discussing the issue and badmouthing as there was a Nigerian present and she may be sensitive. One girl asked, "wait, you're Nigerian?" I said yes. I don't know if it was disbelief or shock on her face. Omo see embarrassment.

Heartless people. Isn't one of the victims as young as 5? Did the 5 year old, or any of them for that matter, imprison jihadists? Criminals and their negative IQ. "I don't like what B is doing... so I will hurt X." Well done.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:12am On Feb 26, 2013
i dont see any video, but here the video from my post https://www.nairaland.com/1207877/video-french-family-kidnapped-boko#14493621
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by Maxymilliano(m): 2:32am On Feb 26, 2013
This is not good, a dicey situation for any feasible negotiation and compromise to be reached. I don't see any amicable resolutions anytime soon without the hostages getting in harms way...

Government of both countries need to reassess the present pacifism approach, and adopt a more tested and realistic solution to hostage crisis and insurgency situations, it is called the devils alternative...
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by Nobody: 2:37am On Feb 26, 2013
@RICHIE BOI

Your linked video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBwmZ-r2rQ
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by Nobody: 2:40am On Feb 26, 2013
They should release the imprisoned women to them so that the lives of these innocent kids and their parents can be saved! cry cry cry cry
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by 2legit2qwt: 2:43am On Feb 26, 2013
They're scared to show their faces? I hope the french military blow up the murdafukers unlike naija's, Fuking cowards
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by sageon: 2:55am On Feb 26, 2013
There are few things coarse than the language of hate and extremism. Whatever the agenda is, the end result, surely, would be unpleasant both for Nigerians, in the shrinking world space that have made drone wars a newfound reality, and a government schooled on deceit and propaganda.

One can only pray for the release of the abducted and hope some wedge or consciousness emerges, on the dangerous descent that so clearly is in sight.
Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by quicksylva(m): 2:56am On Feb 26, 2013
This act by boko boys will definitely strain our relationship with france. Hope they release them unharm.

They can mess with Nigerian govt and go scott free.
Messing with a world superpower is a different ball game entirely.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped French Family In Cameroon by redsun(m): 3:00am On Feb 26, 2013
Cowards. Their bravery lies among women and children.
Sometimes I link these things to the cia prediction of Nigeria demise by 2015. When a country sinks that low,there never seems to be any way out.

Islamism is the bedrock of self mutilation. The lowest humans can get and ursurpers easily use them to get their ways.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 / Ambode Visits Rauf Aregbesola (Photos) / APC’s Call For Atiku’s Probe: Is This Not Madness? - Fani-Kayode Asks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.