Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,564 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Idols Is Back! (East Africa) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Idols Is Back! (East Africa) (18009 Views)

Mercy Emerges Winner Of Nigerian Idols 2012 / Celebrities At Nigerian Idols Premiere Episode Screening / Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by kaydee(m): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2008
@ LC

U kinda hard on the Kenyans! I've been watching too and it's been really hilarious except that the judges do not have a sense of humor.They're better now but they're lost.I think they've heard too many bad vocals that they can't tell a good one anymore. I don't blame em.

I think the most memorable one was that guitar guy that could play behind his back.He was just talking and not singing.He said he came to change the world.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by kingdong(m): 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2008
NA WA! THESE EAST AFRICANS ARE ALLROUND DRY AND WACKED. AND THEM NO FINE. NO STYLE NO NOYHING. IF YU SAY YU WAN WATCH AM AS COMEDY YU GOTIRE SHARPSHARP
DRESS SENCE NKO?
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by ikhideman(m): 1:55am On Apr 16, 2008
Idols East & Southern Africa enables one to sit back & enjoy some comedy. Those from Kenya were particularly very horrible(especially the guys), they just CAN'T SING. Sometimes, i laughed , other times i felt like kicking my TV while watching the Kenya audition. Kenyans should focus on what they are good at, which is long distance races. Auditions from other countries were just ok in my opinion.

Everyone has to agree with me on this, while watching Idols East Africa: NIGERIANS ARE TALENTED; see how our music industry shot up in so short a time!
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by omena555(f): 8:54am On Apr 16, 2008
big father=:

Check this out guys,please don't eat while watching cus you can choke with laughter !

http://www.mnetafrica.com/idols/VideoGallery.aspx?pg=1&vid=48&tab=1

LMAO cheesy cheesy
@big father, that almost killed me with laughter.
infact, thanks for the warning, i cld have really choked if i had watched that while eating! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by capitano: 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2008
Hey Guys,

I don't care what anybody says but i think they are just wacked up. It is therefore no surprise that the stars belong here. Musically, the beautiful ones are largely unborn down the east. Ooops! that was a major whoa! If that happened in a public primary school in Nigeria, some of them deserves to be whipped.

However, the Judges also sometimes drift. Scar is very inconsistent but he's the dominant factor. No thanks to the unsure state of TK and the lady. Sometimes they also blatantly display their inexperience. It's been a bitter sweet experience so far though. There have been cases of near misses, outright mishaps and unfortunate situations. Some folks were just unfarely judged, simply put!

Contrary to others' opinion, I think the back guitar playing guy is a great potential. He lives in a world of his own and has this raw ingenuity. If his sanity is confirmed, he has the potentiality of being one of the wonders of Africa if properly groomed. He was literary and poetic, his words are very deep in meaning and only well exercised minds can cough out those. That is for people who bothered to listen.

Conclusively, I just think my folks from that part of this great divide are just musically deficient.

QED,  cry
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by kaydee(m): 3:03pm On Apr 16, 2008
Harare's got talents and they are good looking too. I must visit that country someday wink
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by A40(m): 6:09pm On Apr 16, 2008
How many Idols them wan do sef?but for real that East Africa Idols is the whackest Idols show i have ever seen.Paula Abdul and co. would cringe at some performances i have seen so far
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by lawyerchap(m): 7:05pm On Apr 16, 2008
Harare is looking good for the title if you ask me. But we haven't seen Malawi yet, and if Code of Big Brother was anything to go by, there could be something there. by the way, Big Brother Africa is back and taking applications o. it's closing end of the month.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by kaydee(m): 2:17am On Apr 17, 2008
Zimbabwe's got talents.I've under rated them for so long and i mean they're versatile. Check this out from some Zimbabwean cat.I respect em more now.

Spiderman with an eye in his palm, a slap will introduce you to my website(sight)
- Munetsi
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by afrochalk: 6:54am On Apr 17, 2008
yeah. Zimbabwe seems to be on point and the chiks are just the bomb. but lets wait and see about Malawi and Botswana. but from what i hear Botswana cats cant sing even their national anthem properly, but i stand corrected, as for the brothers from west africa, especially from naija please shut up and watch the drama unfold, this thing is gonna put your Timi to shame,
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by anongal: 9:24am On Apr 17, 2008
kaydee:

I think the most memorable one was that guitar guy that could play behind his back.He was just talking and not singing.He said he came to change the world.
u hv got to admit the guy has talent.not in singin sha. but in poetry or suimthin. he played the guitar behind his next and he played it well. i swear if i was a talent scout i would have grabbed that boy.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by capitano: 11:20am On Apr 17, 2008
Hey Good People,

Zim! Zim!! Zim!!! Oh la la la! Me thinks they are an improvement over the sad stories of last week from Kenya et al. However, theirs is a show of perseverance and resilience. To think that so much beauty can emerge from the land of Mugabe t? Naija big head gurls, better get humble. Come to think of it, these ladies are even richer than ours because a bottle of Coke goes for Millions of dollars,  ha ha ha.

Did anyone see the two sisters that were given the golden tickets this morning? They were simply gourgeous. I do think dem lots in Zim has got butties. D'banj would have been better off recruiting babes for his video from the "food basket" of the south.

Jeeez! I'm just drooling,   shocked
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by lizb1(f): 5:17pm On Apr 18, 2008
capitano:

Hey Good People,

Zim! Zim!! Zim!!! Oh la la la! Me thinks they are an improvement over the sad stories of last week from Kenya et al. However, theirs is a show of perseverance and resilience. To think that so much beauty can emerge from the land of Mugabe t? Naija big head girls, better get humble. Come to think of it, these ladies are even richer than ours because a bottle of Coke goes for Millions of dollars, ha ha ha.

Did anyone see the two sisters that were given the golden tickets this morning? They were simply gourgeous. I do think them lots in Zim has got butties. D'banj would have been better off recruiting babes for his video from the "food basket" of the south.

Jeeez! I'm just drooling, shocked
yeah i saw them,loved the girl in green.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by KikiDixy(f): 6:28pm On Apr 20, 2008
Malawi Auditions Sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!LMAO!!!!!
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by burnin: 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2008
Malawi was total crap. Scar cudnt even say anything he wuz jus showning ppl the way out
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by lawyerchap(m): 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2008
What a bummer the Malawi and Botswana Auditions turned out to be. Not because of the pathetic talent we were subjected to, but because they have totally removed any vestiges of suspense the competition would have held for us.

Why do i say this? Last night i saw the winner of Idols East Africa and she is 19 year old Ammara Brown from Botswana who blew the judges and me away with an unbelievable rendition of beyonce's "Listen." And she is a hot looker to boot.

Either she will win Idols or she will be another Jody and get voted off because everyone will think she is too good to be voted off and neglect to vote for her. Either way, she is the best singer so far in this edition, and neither Timi nor Omawumi can hold a candle to this girl.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by afrochalk: 1:03pm On Apr 21, 2008
would somebody please tell me whats wrong with Malawians or would a Malawian come forth and defend his/her countrymen? coz as of this moment, they rank among the most WHACK inhabitants of this planet. They cant sing, they cant entertain, they cant speak english,they cant do nothing. They made me regret watching the show. No offense, but the producers of Idols should rethink before auditioning there. Kenyans sucked vocally but they were hip and entertaining, Tanzanians were so illiterate but managed to hold, But Malawians?? Man!!
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by kobikwelu(m): 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2008
to say the truth, the competition is really poor!!!!!

their orientation down there is really low!

its as if its only ladies that can really sing
the guys are hooorrrribbbleee!!!

and the judges; they are acting as if they have never bin in front of a camera-y do they have to look at the camera with the side of their eyes-

also the fat judge behaves as if he is a retard, he always follows the band wagon.
(the lady judge is sooooooo fake!.y does she have to put contacts.)

y did the producer put a hip hop artist on the panel, and its all about vocals.
it just doesnt make sense.

all in all, the show is disapointing
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Beamer: 10:30am On Apr 22, 2008
Kobikwelu my friend,

You don't have to be a chicken to judge a good omelet.

Scar may be a hip hop artist, but he can judge music just as well as anybody else who has been blessed with the gift of hearing. So if we can all tell what a good vocalist is and what a bummer of a vocalist is, why cant we accept that even Scar, as indeed all those judges can make some judgment that is close to the truth.

I would actually like the situation where people who do not know about music, judge the music.

But if you think the judges are deaf, wait until the voting starts and you will wonder if all the people who vote are deaf.

Now, now, now, more to important things. Angela kissing Scar,

Oh wait, these is about the music, no?

Okay, they made good music!
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by lawyerchap(m): 11:28am On Apr 22, 2008
Beamer:

Now, now, now, more to important things. Angela kissing Scar,

Oh wait, these is about the music, no?

Okay, they made good music!

What was that all about? methinks Angela is the kind of chick who loves bad boys and Scar's ruthlessness is actually striking a chord with her. Wow! i totally didn't see that coming. Wonder if they will be taking it further. Poor TK must be feeling somewhat left out.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by anongal: 8:54am On Apr 23, 2008
i watched the kiss o. WTF. i knew it all along. so wats the gist btw the 2. actually i saw a glimpse but didnt see the act. wow
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Rhemagirl(f): 11:36am On Apr 23, 2008
I was wondering why Angela kissed Scar.She seem to like him but she shd take it easy
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by KikiDixy(f): 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2008
These people no go kill pesin sha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

Lady: I'll be singing a song by Whitney Houseeeton

Scar: Whitney who?

Lady: Whhhoooston

Scar: Whitney what?

Lady: Whitney Austinnnnnnnnnnnn

Scar: Whitney where?

grin grin
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by dee02(m): 6:03pm On Apr 23, 2008
Idols Africa is just shambles

full of idiots who think they are good enough PLUS a panel of wack judges who are relatively unknown anywhere in Africa

Dat sh*t needs to be stepped up and re-organised!
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by JUNIT1(m): 6:42pm On Apr 23, 2008
all scar says is no, he doesn't give any sort of criticism, what an idiot.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2008
I agree the competition is pathetic

The auditions are not even really funny its just pathetic

its as if idols was 'forced' on that region for equality sake

And that kiss, its not the best kiss i've seen on Tv but I can understand why she did it.
heck I would have dunnit wink

scar has been judging like he has a long stick up his a** grin

He needed some relief LOL!!!!
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by RealMan3(m): 8:06am On Apr 24, 2008
A good advice to everyone. kiss kiss

If you want to have a good laugh and reduce body tension. smiley smileyChannel 198 is the best place to be. cool

The judges are all just funny but I think I like the girl's approach to the assessment .very diplomatic and lovely.

No go areas to the judges

1. Gospel songs
2. local songs
3. Hip hop song
4. Customised song

This can not be compared to west african idols. cry cry What suprised me most was the inability of the tanzanians to speak English. cry cry They just want swahili.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Beamer: 12:40pm On Apr 24, 2008
Scar to contestant: You sound like a broke Michael Jackson

Angie to contestant: The only thing you and Beyonce have in common is booty, booty, booty

Scar to contestant who sang a song with a lyric, tic tic tac pau: Tic tic tac pau out of here!

Scar to contestant who said Whitney Austeeeeen (see Kiki Dixy above): It is a no from me. Go back to the Club!

Scar to contestant: Go find the person who told you that you could sing and strangle them or something.

Shockingly, the contestant who was told to go strangle somebody said she will never forger Scar and when she was asked why, she said she thought he might come out a bit harsh, but he is RIGHT!

Let me tic tic tac pau outta here!
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by JUNIT1(m): 7:12pm On Apr 24, 2008
THIS IS SOME OF THE "INTERSETING" COMMENTS MADE FROM THEM, TELL ME IF YOU LAUGH AT ANY OF THEM,

That was wack!” (No)
“Horrible!” (Definite No)
“Bye Bye…” (That’s obvious, isn’t it? However, it’s even worse if accompanied by a wave of the hand and Angela rolling her eyes, TK laughing uncontrollably and Scar rubbing his head…)
“What was that?” (No, No, No)
“Sorry” (That’s a no with a lot of sympathy thrown in…)
“Eish!” (That’s a no wondering what planet you’re from…)
“No” (You’re so mediocre you’re not worth more than one word…)
“Big No” (As above, but your voice is a weapon of mass destruction, )
“Big Fat No” (As above, and if you continue to sing the world will come crashing down around our ears, )
“You can’t sing!” (You can’t sing…)
“Stick to your day job.” (Don’t ever sing again, not even in the shower…)
“Average” (You’re a bore)
“I’m not feeling you” (You’re an absolute bore…)
“This competition is very tough” (Stop before you embarrass yourself…)
“He / She has a voice” (We’d like to say yes but you have no looks or style…)
“We’re looking for the whole package” (He / She might be able to sing but has no stage presence whatsoever…)
“Please…” (Leave right now…)
“Do me a favour” (Leave right now if possible before you even start singing…)
“Nice shoes…” (or other similar compliment used to distract contestant from impending bad news…)
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2008
J UNIT:

THIS IS SOME OF THE "INTERSETING" COMMENTS MADE FROM THEM, TELL ME IF YOU LAUGH AT ANY OF THEM,

That was wack!” (No)
“Horrible!” (Definite No)
“Bye Bye…” (That’s obvious, isn’t it? However, it’s even worse if accompanied by a wave of the hand and Angela rolling her eyes, TK laughing uncontrollably and Scar rubbing his head…)
“What was that?” (No, No, No)
“Sorry” (That’s a no with a lot of sympathy thrown in…)
“Eish!” (That’s a no wondering what planet you’re from…)
“No” (You’re so mediocre you’re not worth more than one word…)
“Big No” (As above, but your voice is a weapon of mass destruction, )
“Big Fat No” (As above, and if you continue to sing the world will come crashing down around our ears, )
“You can’t sing!” (You can’t sing…)
“Stick to your day job.” (Don’t ever sing again, not even in the shower…)
“Average” (You’re a bore)
“I’m not feeling you” (You’re an absolute bore…)
“This competition is very tough” (Stop before you embarrass yourself…)
“He / She has a voice” (We’d like to say yes but you have no looks or style…)
“We’re looking for the whole package” (He / She might be able to sing but has no stage presence whatsoever…)
“Please…” (Leave right now…)
“Do me a favour” (Leave right now if possible before you even start singing…)
“Nice shoes…” (or other similar compliment used to distract contestant from impending bad news…)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

the judges are the funniest part of all this
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by nana(f): 9:52pm On Apr 24, 2008
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by zucchero(f): 11:57am On Apr 25, 2008
hey, any guy who's interested in belly dancing and wuld lyk to apply for belly dancing classes shuld pls hola, incase u dnt know? its d in thing now and was even advertised on tv , mmn, dat wuld b d east african idols show. guys i'm serious o cool cool grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Has Watched A Man Called God Season 2 / Big Brother Africa Postponed Due To Fire Incident At BBA House In SA! / Invasion 1897 - British Film Institue - Q&A Session - 7th Feb, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.