Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Pat Utomi For President In 2007? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (21136 Views)

Poll: if Pat Utomi contests, will you vote for him?

Yes: 77% (111 votes)
No: 22% (32 votes)
This poll has ended

Jonathan’s Biggest Economic Mistakes — Pat Utomi / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Blue2(m): 10:26am On May 07, 2006
Pat hasn't come out equivocally to declare his interest in the Presidency but something of greater importance he along with some other like-minded people are doing is to create a platform for credible nigerians to vie for various political office. They'd be supported financially and most importantly they'd have teh crediblity of the group. If Coporate Nigeria can gander funds to support Baba's lust for power then i think Patito and his gang can show us that you don't need "dirty money" to win or is it rig an election!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by walemuse(m): 2:36pm On May 07, 2006
Pat Utomi for Preseident? It is a laudable idea .

Please let us join our hands together and cast our votes for a candidate with credible and outstanding achievements in the private sector rather than the never-do-wells we have at the helms of affairs at this time. cool
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by bami(m): 9:50pm On May 07, 2006
pat utomi should wash his hands of politics. intellectuals like thess know what nigeria problems are, and how to solve them, but when given the mantle, seem to fail.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Seun(m): 10:08pm On May 07, 2006
Pat Utomi is not just an 'intellectual' but he's a businessman. a businessman will always perform wherever you put him. bami's argument only applies to mere intellectuals like professor Wole Soyinka.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by gbengaijot(m): 10:02am On May 08, 2006
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by spikedcylinder: 11:00am On May 08, 2006
Pat Utomi is a brilliant man.He came to lecture at my school about 3months ago and he was fantastic but is this the kind of man Nigeria is looking for?An intellectuall with good educational backgrounds and 100% civilian?Yes,i think so.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by jibitoye(m): 1:29pm On May 08, 2006
I like the idea of someone in the ilk of Pat Utomi aspiring for Nigeria’s Presidency at least for the sake of a lack of quality candidates as it were at the moment.

Now, we will have to look at this assumption (that he will aspire) with critical objectivity.

Without resorting to the usual "Naija stylee" of praising what is not, Prof. Pat Utomi is an acclaimed academician, banker, businessman etc and one that we should indeed be proud of any day as representing the multitude of genuinely hardworking and intellectually grounded Nigerian youth (he is still one of us even though an elderly one).

But politics is a different ball game entirely.

I will vote for Pat Utomi only on one condition: If he knows what he will do with the Nigerian Presidency if ever he were allowed a shot at it. And by this I mean a coherent manifesto which we would use as a yardstick to know if he would be worth our worries. He will also need to prove to Nigerians that he neither represents any particular nepotic interests be it tribal(or even zonal) or elitist as it were.
Our problem is not that we do not have intellectuals or whatever sort that have had opportunities in power, it is more of them not effectively articulating what they wanted with power and pursuing such with the dexterity of purpose they have so shown in their various callings.

A Pat Utomi Presidency could be a blessing to our nation if and only if he will show that same sagacity that he has been known to attack issues on his talk-show coupled with his vast wealth of knowledge and exposure in economic circles to propel Nigeria on a march to freedom.
But who are we to know that until he comes out himself to promote himself and sell himself to Nigerians for starters?

Secondly, does Pat Utomi have a political base (a necessity in elective politics)? If he doesn’t, then we can only wish to have him as a council chairman not to talk of him being the President of Nigeria regardless of the sort of politics being played in Nigeria today.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by LoverBwoy(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2006
I will vote for him if i know his objectives for the country

I will vote for him if i know who and who he is campainging with, recycled politicians or business associates
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by nirron1(m): 11:37pm On May 08, 2006
bami:

pat utomi should wash his hands of politics. intellectuals like these knew what nigeria problems are, and how to solve them, but when given the mantle, seem to fail.

You mean just like late Tai Solarin's during his stay in the peoples bank and Wole Soyinka's in FRSC,these world acclaimed good guys were rubished while serving this country.Why?because they can't cope with the styles in the system.Do you think Tai Solarin forgive IBB till he died?No.

It will take a revolution/overhauling of our system before people like Pat can work wonders if he becomes president otherwise his government will be rubished.
Note what OBJ has been going through to execute this little overhauling that these pro 3rd term campaigners are now using to advance their selfish support for tenure elongation.

The little did not come out of his been a good writer or a good farmer but came from his array of experiences,exposures,international statues and connections,his military background and understanding of styles and attitude of the entity called Nigeria.

Anyone who aspires to rule this country should look behond been an intellectual or playwrite,proffesor or economist,the best these people can offer before the advent of a new Nigeria is to be special adviser or remain in the think-tank/strategic institute of the government.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by noshaking(f): 3:11pm On May 09, 2006
Well I just went thru the past messages, if we view it from all angles everybody has a point but I still feel Nigeria needs someone with a passion for his brethren not someone who wants a share of the National cake. Though, am sure he will encounter a lot of obstacles on his way but if he remain focus God will guide him thru. As for experience in the political arena, haven't u heard about learning in the line of duty or are u saying everybody in politics went thru a political schl?

If he decided to go for the post, he will definitely earn my support it is high time we come out with one voice and express our mind and not just fold our hands and allow the same set of people to continue to enrich their pockets and family at the detriment of the masses
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by JERRYMAG4(m): 3:32pm On May 09, 2006
I will vote for Pat Utomi if comes out for president in 2007.we need intelligent people in this country.Although its not the determinant of a good leader,but we need it.None of our past leaders are such intelligent.What qualification does Obasanjo has.We should stop deceiving our self,we are still in military regim,let opt out now.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by bami(m): 7:21pm On May 09, 2006
Nwoke you're right, it's just that most of these brilliant people are not really good leaders
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Ashiwaju(m): 11:40pm On May 10, 2006
I dont have to read Comments before i know what to vote for. That Man is really great and he's Got great ambition. These are the kinda people we need in Nigeria and not the families of monkeys and Crazy baboons abi na tuface bastards them dey cal them.

If you ask me, 1 million times, i go vote for the guy just that this country is so corrupt that a man like that would never get to the top. take note
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Dauda(m): 4:07am On May 11, 2006
Isn't it time for some fresh face/blood in Nigerian politics? The power sharing drama between OBJ,IBB, Buhari and the rest of the powerful cabal is old. Pat Utomi may not be a tested politician, I am however convinced that he can steer Nigeria in the right direction better than the court jesters that are jostling for power now.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by akamihe(m): 11:46am On May 11, 2006
Hi all. I'm really very happy that such a topic could be sampled for contribution. I believe in the project Nigeria. I want to see a Nigeria where everything works- good power supply, better standard of living, etc. I also knw that our problem here over the years has been that of leardership/governance. Having said that, I'm happy to read various opinion about Pat Utomi - a man I have tremendous respect for.

What about Rev Chris Okotie? He is another good man from that south-south whom I believe can also make a difference. What do u guys think??
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by akamihe(m): 12:37pm On May 11, 2006
It's good to read your opinions about our dear country, Nigeria. It tell me that we all are still interested in the project, Nigeria. Please wht about Rev Chris Okotie? I think he is also qualified to lead this nation.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by pixiraver(m): 12:41pm On May 11, 2006
Hmnn pat utomi for president?it reminds me of our dearest pastor chris okotie,i voted for him during d last elections,i admire young people with vision etc but i dont think he will ever be d president,as i reply to this post the next president of naija republic has been decided sshhhhh baba iyabo is d president shocked, but i would prefer someone like Okonjo iweala to be the next president of Nigeria that woman is what Nigeria needs only if they would allow her cry
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by seeker(m): 6:02pm On May 11, 2006
I really don't understand the reason why some people are suggesting that an intellectual cannot run Nigeria. I f you ask me, I'll say an intellectual is exactly what we need. The problems Nigeria is facing right now require bold, brilliant and unconventional solutions. There's a difference between a theorist, and someone who has implemented an idea succesfully. I think Utomi has demonstarted many times in his career, that he not only can generate ideas, but also implement them. The only question really is, does he have the strength, determination, cunning to outsmart Nigeria's "instituitional investors". The fight will not be easy for any outsider trying to intrude on the politicians "daily bread."
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Allwell(m): 7:17pm On May 11, 2006
Pat, ? I respect him but don't you thgink he'll surely do to Nigeria what they did to Volkswagen when he was there?
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by blablabla(m): 8:06pm On May 11, 2006
HA HA HA HA HA grin grin grin grin

what we need in Nigeria is a benevolent dictator (cant remember where that term came from, but it explains my beleive since I was in secondary school)somebody who will either kill or imprison a lot of the sociopathic morons parading/or have paraded themselves as leaders in the past.

utomi, if he wins comes in as a democratic president with ?high intellectual capacity in the midst of mediocres who have come to shop (chop), the man will either be frustrated like the Late Bola Ige in NEPA or sent to join up with his ancestors in the great beyond.

we need to get some people out of circulation in this country, make everybody equal before the law, make all multimillionaires account for the source of their wealth or forfeit all if they can not explain how they became multimillionaires in the first place, make all past leaders account for their stewardship and make all government deals(cept the ones that have to do with national security)open to press scrutiny and so many many many other drastic things, this country can not and will not move ahead.

pat utomi, can talk all he wants with his gang, what Nigeria needs is not eloquence, what we need is a social revolution.

WHO WILL LEAD US?
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by omon(m): 8:38pm On May 11, 2006
What hope does this country have when young people don't see good in themselves - they don't want a change for their lives, It is soooo sad! Vote Utomi!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Nenwarang(m): 1:24pm On May 12, 2006
Politics in Nigeria,mind you is not for intellectualls. Is easier to be a commentator than be a Player, Kindly tell pat that he will do better as a Commentator
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by obua: 2:15pm On May 12, 2006
Brethren and Sistren,
We have had all sorts of things as leaders.
for me leadership is all about vision, responsibility and passion. Utomi has proved to be the man.
I will put in every thing in me to support his campaign or that of others like him.
Leadership in Nigeria is corrupt because there is alot of compromise. Look at the history of successful leaders.
They are not 5% as exposed as Utomi. Ghadafi came in at 27years, JJ Rawlings Castro, Atta Turk, Singaporean leader etc.
I have not seen any good material among the likes of Atiku, IBB, Kalu and co . Definitely OBJ will suprise people with the guy he will support to replace him.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by wiseguy(m): 5:48pm On May 12, 2006
For those who are saying Pat can't do it. So who will? OBJ, Mantu, Atiku, Anenih, Ali? who? We all complain we don't have good leaders but when they try to come out instead of encouraging them we try to rubbish them. Instead of all this political thieves, I will always support a Pat Utomi, Chris Okotie, Emeka Anyioku, Dora Akunyili and the rest of them.

Vote for PATITO!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by kellybaba(m): 6:05pm On May 12, 2006
pat utomi ! d lagos business school whiz-kid? for president in 2007?
please lets not put d man in trouble oooo. baba is not ready to entertain any 'new visitor' to aso . please let him perish that thot(if he has it) before 'the latest tiger' in town will come after him with evidences for crucifixion.

infact he should take a cue from d travails of sbd in baba's kingdom(aso) who lately woke up to defend democracy ! some pple r already being investigated for daring to intrude on 'occupied territories).

i warn u,our dear pat pls fleeeeeeeeeeeeeee !
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by GentleSoul2: 11:31pm On May 12, 2006
Gani Fawehinmi would be President ten times before Pat can smell the office of Vice President. And I know that Gani's chances of ruling Nigeria are as good as my computer passing through the eye of a camel, so Pat Utomi should give presidency a shot. smiley

Pat is a technocrat, not a politician. Many Nigerians dont vote for grammar, but for naira!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by larger20(m): 12:30am On May 13, 2006
gani for president, i will vote for him as a matter of fact, but he might die in office. It is just too much corruption for people like him to handle
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by md4real(m): 2:48pm On May 15, 2006
please let pat know that he does not have the popularity to win presidential election in nigeria. what about my people in the village?
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by JERRYMAG4(m): 3:11pm On May 15, 2006
i will surely vote for him.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Seun(m): 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2006
His campaign has almost started. They need a web designer:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-16307.0.html
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Akolawole(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2006
Multioption:

Gani Fawehinmi would be President ten times before Pat can smell the office of Vice President. And I know that Gani's chances of ruling Nigeria are as good as my computer passing through the eye of a camel, so Pat Utomi should give presidency a shot. smiley

Gani What?

He can only win 200,000 votes in the last election in fact Nairalander can easily get 30,000.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by dayopaul: 5:32pm On Jun 27, 2006
why do we nigerians believe a good man cant be our president . why do u believe if given a chance a good man can do it right . We cry day and night saying we have bad leaders but cant allow the people that seem upright contribute their own quoter to the leadership of this country . When Gani tried , people were saying he might not be a good leader after all he went trough for this great nation .
Nigerians daily run down this country with their mouth saying things can be okay . Lets have a change of mind set . what makes u think an intellectual cant get there a change things around .

Let give Pat Utomi all the support he needs and God being on his side , he would definately get there .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers / Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools / Fayose's One Year In Office Thanksgiving Service (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.