Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,947 members, 7,952,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:09 AM

Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb - Education (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb (50439 Views)

2015 WAEC Specimen (biology, Chemistry, Physics & Agric Science) Released. / Chemistry And Physics Tutorial Thread For Jamb And Postjamb / Please I Need A Link To Download, Biology , Chemistry And Physics Text Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 12:46am On Jan 07, 2014
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

Am not open to such question....am sorry ..sir!
I admire ur composure sir grin
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 12:46am On Jan 07, 2014
Ur words re MEDICAL,tho am familiar wit most of d ones u mentioned earlier. So i think u re a MEDIC. Meanwhile,i knw i can go deeper even beta dan u wen i gt 2 ur stage
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

Why do you think am in?

Don't believe you can go deep than me?

Come on!....em lyk yah!
grin
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 07, 2014
Folowing cool
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 12:47am On Jan 07, 2014
vincent561: Hw many bones make up d stenebrae nd d manubrium nd where re they located?

Manubrium........the upper section of the pectoral(CHEST) region.....major bones of concern der are
CLAVICLE
COSTAL(RIBS) CARTILAGE....and the
STERNAL bodies in the extra!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 12:48am On Jan 07, 2014
What re islets?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 12:52am On Jan 07, 2014
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

Am not open to such question....am sorry ..sir!
I love ur composure sir
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 12:53am On Jan 07, 2014
Gud bh u didn't mention d numerical make-up
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

Manubrium........the upper section of the pectoral(CHEST) region.....major bones of concern der are
CLAVICLE
COSTAL(RIBS) CARTILAGE....and the
STERNAL bodies in the extra!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 12:55am On Jan 07, 2014
Welcome on board sire
Swagalord18: Folowing cool
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 12:56am On Jan 07, 2014
vincent561: What re islets?
pertaining 2 pancrease
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 6:43am On Jan 07, 2014
vincent561: What re islets?

It is not just ''ISLETS''....it is exhaustively referred to as ISLET OF LANGHERHANS.
There are 3 main cells comprising the ISLET OF LANGHERHANS,they

1)ALPHA-CELL(responsible for GLUCAGON)

2)BETA-CELL(responsible for INSULIN)

3)DELTA-CELL(responsible for the production of SOMATOTROPHINE HORMONE for growth of the body)

1 Like

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 6:44am On Jan 07, 2014
Influence01: I love ur composure sir

Pls call me Devitan....thanks!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 7:44am On Jan 07, 2014
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

It is not just ''ISLETS''....it is exhaustively referred to as ISLET OF LANGHERHANS.

3)DELTA-CELL(responsible for the production of SOMATOTROPHINE HORMONE for growth of the body)
Devitan which testbooks do u read
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 7:44am On Jan 07, 2014
ISLET: a small group of cells that is structurally distinct 4rm d surronding cells.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 07, 2014
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

nope ....."islets" is a term .....islet of langherhans is an example of "islets" ......he was asking what an islet is ....so ur answer, though educative, is off context
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 8:14am On Jan 07, 2014
vincent561: ISLET: a small group of cells that is structurally distinct 4rm d surronding cells.

Oh!...yes....that's with ANATOMY......most time when i see most of your questions......i got many things to say...and several issues immediately comes into my reins!...
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 1:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
Which of the following is NOT an alkali
A.NH3
B.Mg(OH)2
C.Ca(OH)2
D.NaOH
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
In the laboratory preparation of oxygen, dried oxygen is usually collected over
A.hydrochloric acid
B.mercury
C.calcium chloride
D.tetraoxosulphate (VI) acid
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
A chemical reaction in which the hydration energy is greater than the lattice energy is referred to as
A.a spontaneous reaction
B.an endothermic reaction
C.an exothermic reaction
D.a reversible reaction
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by labodinho: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
@ Influence....Answer to first 3 questions are B B C.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
labodinho: @ Influence....Answer to both question are B.
yep u got it grin what of the third
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by labodinho: 1:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
labodinho: @ Influence....Answer to first 3 questions are B B C.
modified.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
labodinho: modified.
you are right
Caltalytic hydrogenation of benzene produces
A.Oil
B.cyclohexene
C.cyclohexane
D.margarine
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
C
Influence01: A chemical reaction in which the hydration energy is greater than the lattice energy is referred to as
A.a spontaneous reaction
B.an endothermic reaction
C.an exothermic reaction
D.a reversible reaction
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by labodinho: 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
Influence01: you are right
A.Oil
B.cyclohexene
C.cyclohexane
D.margarine

C.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
C
Influence01: you are right
A.Oil
B.cyclohexene
C.cyclohexane
D.margarine
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
vincent561: B
your reason
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Princeadebayo1(m): 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
(1).The largest organ in man is ?
(2),During digestion in man,what converts insoluble caseinogen to soluble casein?
(3).The total number of teeth in Man,Rabbit and Dog respectively are?
(4).The oily liquid secreted by the sebacious gland is?
(5).What holds the testis to the scrotum?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
Prince adebayo: (1).The largest organ in man is ?
(2),During digestion in man,what converts insoluble caseinogen to soluble casein?
(3).The total number of teeth in Man,Rabbit and Dog respectively are?
(4).The oily liquid secreted by the sebacious gland is?
(5).What holds the testis to the scrotum?

Answers
1. LIVER(mostly visceral organs of the ABDOMINAL CAVITY)
2)Pepsin makes soluble the curds of CASEIN!
3)Man=32.....Dog=42.....Rabbit=28
4)Sebum
5)what is supporting the testis in the scrotal sac are mainly connective/soft tissues.....It is not necessarily a term ''HOLD'' to be use!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

Answers
4)Sebum
5)what is supporting the testis in the scrotal sac are mainly connective/soft tissues.....It is not necessarily a term ''HOLD'' to be use!
I think no1 should be Skin
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
Influence01: I think no1 should be Skin

Yes the skin generally is man's largest organ.....

I thought the LIVER......due to usage of ''IN''......as in INSIDE the body!....dat was used by him!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
I beg to disagree wit u on num 2 sir. Rennin which is secreted by d gastric glands in an inactive form prorennin,which is activated by HCl converts caseinogen 'milk protein' into insoluble casein in d presence of calcium ions. @ Op,caseinogen is d soluble form of milk protein while casein is d insoluble form.
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

Answers
4)Sebum
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
[quote
author=vincent561]I beg to disagree wit u on num 2 sir. Rennin which is
secreted by d gastric glands in an inactive form prorennin,which is
activated by HCl converts caseinogen 'milk protein' into insoluble
casein in d presence of calcium ions. @ Op,caseinogen is d soluble form
of milk protein while casein is d insoluble form. Hope dis
helps.[/quote]

Pls get this......RENNIN helps to make the INSOLUBLE CASEIN....the RENNIN does not make it soluble

The solubility of the CASEIN is open to the ZYMOGEN CELLS...which helps in the production of PEPSINOGEN...n finally PEPSIN dat finally make it SOLUBLE!

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Meet Kondu Paul Sopriye Who Got 9 A1s In WAEC And Scored 330 In JAMB / One Of The Things That Wasted Our Time In Secondary School / Guess The Subject

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.