Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb - Education (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb (49887 Views)

2015 WAEC Specimen (biology, Chemistry, Physics & Agric Science) Released. / Chemistry And Physics Tutorial Thread For Jamb And Postjamb / Please I Need A Link To Download, Biology , Chemistry And Physics Text Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
aysuccess99: so let's start. I will be posting some BIOLOGY PAST QUESTIONS FROM JAMB.
1. The male cockroach differs from the female by having.......
A.mandibles B.a pair of styles C.spiracles D.a pair of cerci.
C
2. The fins making up the limbs of the bony fish are.....
A.caudal and ventral B.ventral and pelvic C.pelvic and pectoral D.pectoral and dorsal.
D
3. For effective functioning of a bird's quill feather, hooks fit on the ridges of the.........
A.vane B.rachis C.barbules D.barbs
C
4.Which of these animals is radially symmetrical.......
A.squid B.hydra C.snail D.cockroach
B
5. Evidence that a tooth is a living part of the mammalian body can be found within the.....
A.gum B.pulp cavity C.cement D.enamel
B
*please, you too can post your questions and I believe the gurus would be ready to answer it.*[/quote]
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
aysuccess99: so let's start. I will be posting some BIOLOGY PAST QUESTIONS FROM JAMB.
1. The male cockroach differs from the female by having.......
A.mandibles B.a pair of styles C.spiracles D.a pair of cerci.
2. The fins making up the limbs of the bony fish are.....
A.caudal and ventral B.ventral and pelvic C.pelvic and pectoral D.pectoral and dorsal.
3. For effective functioning of a bird's quill feather, hooks fit on the ridges of the.........
A.vane B.rachis C.barbules D.barbs
4.Which of these animals is radially symmetrical.......
A.squid B.hydra C.snail D.cockroach
5. Evidence that a tooth is a living part of the mammalian body can be found within the.....
A.gum B.pulp cavity C.cement D.enamel
*please, you too can post your questions and I believe the gurus would be ready to answer it.*
1.D
2.A
3.A
4.B
5.B
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by 1000bytessulex(m): 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
Influence01:
1.D
2.A
3.A
4.B
5.B
ACBBB is wryt..
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by 1000bytessulex(m): 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
aysuccess99:
my oga, thanks for answering it, your number 1-3 is quite wrong, 4and 5, is quite correct. Thanks for answering, welldone and kudos.
Lolxxx..no mind me boss d fish tin..d limb girdle thr as already ignite d way 2 ansa....am back bring dem on sirs..1000bytes..gat 2 jet..
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Princeadebayo1(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
1000bytes/sulex:
ACBBB is wryt..
seconded!,i was abt answering when i saw dis.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
1000bytes/sulex:
ACBBB is wryt..
Tanx man grin am still a learner
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Hugo7(m): 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
.....4ollowin
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by 1000bytessulex(m): 6:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
Influence01: Tanx man grin am still a learner
Mr influeciouspore..u na be boss oo..
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 6:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
Prince adebayo: The living
part of a phloem tissue is

What is Tubectomy and vascetomy

What is Osteoporosis

The shortest and longest bones in the body are

The types of joints in between the ear ossicles are

The living part of a PHLOEM is the SIEVE TUBE for FOOD TRANSLOCATION(TRANSFER)

VASECTOMY is the severing or removal by surgical means the seminal
vessicle or vas deference of a male animal(MAN) either for a case of
FAMILY PLANNING or any ANATOMICAL DISCOMFORT!

OSTEOPOROSIS is a condition either as a result of OSTEOTITIS or CUSHING
SYNDROME or any SYNOVIAL FLUID problem dat leads to the gradually loss
in mineral density of the BONE!

FEMURAL BONE of the THIGH is the longest bone
SHORT/SMALL/SOFTEST BONES lies in the OTIC CAVITY of the ear....the EAR OSSICLES(HAMMER,INCUS,STAPES)

The ear OSSICLES hinges with each other!

1 Like

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Princeadebayo1(m): 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

The living part of a PHLOEM is the SIEVE TUBE for FOOD TRANSLOCATION(TRANSFER)

VASECTOMY is the severing or removal by surgical means the seminal
vessicle or vas deference of a male animal(MAN) either for a case of
FAMILY PLANNING or any ANATOMICAL DISCOMFORT!

OSTEOPOROSIS is a condition either as a result of OSTEOTITIS or CUSHING
SYNDROME or any SYNOVIAL FLUID problem dat leads to the gradually loss
in mineral density of the BONE!

FEMURAL BONE of the THIGH is the longest bone
SHORT/SMALL/SOFTEST BONES lies in the OTIC CAVITY of the ear....the EAR OSSICLES(HAMMER,INCUS,STAPES)

The ear OSSICLES hinges with each other!
Nice one Bro
let me add what you omitted from your answer,just as vascetomy is for males,tubectomy is for females.
Out of the 3 ear ossicles,dat is,Malleus,incus and stapes OR Hammer,anvil and stirrup,,,,,,,,stapes/stirrup is d shortest.
And in between the MALLEUS and INCUS we have hinge joint and also in between INCUS and STAPES we have ball and socket joint.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Princeadebayo1(m): 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
(1).The binomial nomenclature of fruit fly is what?
(2).Carnivorous/insectivorous plants are found in areas having abundance of
(a).Hydrogen
(b).Nitrogen
(c).Oxygen
(d).Phosphorus
(3).A Leaf of a fern is called?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by labodinho: 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
Prince adebayo: (1).The binomial nomenclature of fruit fly is what?
(a).Hydrogen
(b).Nitrogen
(c).Oxygen
(d).Phosphorus

1) Fruit fly-Drosophila melanogaster

2)B

3)Pinna

Please,I'm I right sir?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Princeadebayo1(m): 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
labodinho:

1) Fruit fly-Drosophila melanogaster

2)B

3)Pinna

Please,I'm I right sir?
you got 1 and 2,sire
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by labodinho: 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
Prince adebayo: you got 1 and 2,sire

Ooops!
Can No.3 be pinnule?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Princeadebayo1(m): 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
labodinho:

Ooops!
Can No.3 be pinnule?
nope,sire!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
Prince adebayo: (1).The binomial nomenclature of fruit fly is what?
(a).Hydrogen
(b).Nitrogen
(c).Oxygen
(d).Phosphorus
your number 2 question is not correct It shld be areas lacking which nutrient. Because they try to get nitrogen by trapping insects. They are found in areas with little nitrogen in the soil . Hope this helps
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Princeadebayo1(m): 10:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Influence01: your number 2 question is not correct It shld be areas lacking which nutrient. Because they try to get nitrogen by trapping insects. They are found in areas with little nitrogen in the soil . Hope this helps
you are right,bro,i was confused,tanx
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
No 3 is frond. Concerning ur 2nd question,insectivorous nd carnivorous plants are found in areas that LACK Nitrogen not areas that have abundance nitrogen. So they derive their nitrogen 4rm d insects.
Prince adebayo: you got 1 and 2,sire
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
The opening and closing of the stoma are regulated by
A.transpiration
B.respiration
C.diffusion
D.osmosis
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 10:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
The most electropositive metal is?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
D
Influence01: The opening and closing of the stoma are regulated by
A.transpiration
B.respiration
C.diffusion
D.osmosis
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Princeadebayo1(m): 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
vincent561: No 3 is frond. Concerning ur 2nd question,insectivorous nd carnivorous plants are found in areas that LACK Nitrogen not areas that have abundance nitrogen. So they derive their nitrogen 4rm d insects.
correct!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Princeadebayo1(m): 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
Influence01: The most electropositive metal is?
potassium
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
vincent561: D
yep u re ryte
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 11:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
Prince adebayo: potassium
sorry dude electropositivity decreases across d period and increases down the group, d ans is francium
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
Na
Influence01: The most electropositive metal is?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 11:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
vincent561: Na
give your reason
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Princeadebayo1(m): 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
Influence01: sorry dude electropositivity decreases across d period and increases down the group, d ans is francium
I know that,dude.you used the complete periodic table while i used the simple one,,,,,,,dazall.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
Prince adebayo: You used the complete periodic table while i used the simple one,,,,,,,dazall.
Yh I used d complete periodic table, bt FRANCIUM is still d most electropositive metal (it is a radioactive element)
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Princeadebayo1(m): 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
Influence01: Yh I used d complete periodic table, bt FRANCIUM is still d most electropositive metal (it is a radioactive element)
yeah
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 11:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
Influence01: give your reason
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Princeadebayo1(m): 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
Eutrophication refers to growth of
(a).Fungi
(b).Bacteria
(c).Algae
(d).Virus

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

List Of Top 7 Universities In Africa (photos) / Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC / 2011/2012 Nov/dec Nabteb Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.