Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,606 members, 7,820,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? (11409 Views)

One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage / 10 Guest Die After Meal At Katsina Wedding / Do You Eat Your Meat Before, During, or After a Meal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by jhydebaba(m): 11:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
ddippset: so having 10 pieces of meat is a sign of 'no poverty' smh. pity those whobrought you up. you are spoilt.
haba! U get home training at all Na person papa u dey follow talk like dat Take ur time oh!
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by dramendra: 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2013
I eat meat in between and after, so when I drink water after the last meat I go feel the real taste.
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by PosCaricature: 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2013
I'll say non of the above because I usually eat my meat in between meals.
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by Korrection(m): 12:58am On Mar 20, 2013
grin
jhydebaba: Eating meat after meal is more of poverty. I can't imagine I have 10 meats on my food and I'll wait till I finish my food.see imagination of meat

Na so dem teach us sha, make we too teach our pickins cheesy
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by dokunbam(m): 2:27am On Mar 20, 2013
Originalsly: Lmao!... meat is part of my meal...is eaten from start to finish!
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by Edipee(m): 2:28am On Mar 20, 2013
I THINK IT'S A NORM TO FINISH D MEAL B4 MEAT.
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:37am On Mar 20, 2013
After. So that you have something to look forward to that'll motivate you to finish eating.

Sebi? cheesy
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:38am On Mar 20, 2013
Lol makes no difference to me. tongue
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 20, 2013
OK_2_NV: European architecture
OK_2_NV: An African's meal
Big deal?
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by redsun(m): 3:14am On Mar 20, 2013
Meat is part of the meal,you eat it as you munch the meal. I wonder what you do with beef burger? Do you eat the bread first and eat the beef later?
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by AdeniyiA(m): 5:55am On Mar 20, 2013
wrap body for cloth or wrap cloth for body,make body just dey covered.
meat after meal o, or meal after meat o,na d same teeth u go take chew am go d same belle.
chikena!

1 Like

Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by Agbele1(m): 6:17am On Mar 20, 2013
Eatin meat afta/b4 meal none is bad.wen i was a child my parent encourag me 2 eat meat after meal so dat i wont lose apetite.
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by segebobo: 6:51am On Mar 20, 2013
GoodWife: I eat small, chop meat small, eat small chop meat small grin grin But the final piece of meat is eaten last because once the meat finishes, I lose appetite smiley
Same here I lose appetite too once the meat is finished but I once heard its better to take the meat before the meal so it can get digested by the proteolytic (protein digesting) enzymes in the stomach before the bulky starchy food (that we are about to eat) comes to occupy the whole space
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by YOUNGKAHUNA: 6:57am On Mar 20, 2013
ItsModella: Meat after meal jor.

sometimes, I rush my food so that I can take my time with the meat....that's how we roll. grin grin grin

Typical Village Girl grin grin
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by sunnyt1(m): 7:07am On Mar 20, 2013
A normal meal shd include 3 meats, so u can eat each before, during and afta the meal.
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by joe4christ(m): 7:51am On Mar 20, 2013
ItsModella: Meat after meal jor.

sometimes, I rush my food so that I can take my time with the meat....that's how we roll. grin grin grin

[size=15pt] God bless you, for me it's more like obtaining a trophy at the end of a though match, and this has helped me learn to set my priorities in life.
And sure i'm teaching my kids same! [/size]
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by jorel1(m): 8:24am On Mar 20, 2013
Hungry Africans, i usually have meat with my meal in every bite and when the meat finishes,i stop eating... whats this concept of eating and preserving the meat for the last??
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by Adamsdelrio(m): 8:29am On Mar 20, 2013
Either before or after meal, as long as the meat don enter my belle, No wahala. Meat no dey affect my appetite.
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by Godyke(m): 8:34am On Mar 20, 2013
jhydebaba: Eating meat after meal is more of poverty. I can't imagine I have 10 meats on my food and I'll wait till I finish my food.

Na so dem teach us sha, make we too teach our pickins cheesy

Sorry o mister Aje butter. When did having up to ten pieces of meat in your plate in just one meal makes you a successful person. Do you ever think of the consequences of consuming such amount of meat will do to your body? No wonder the rich also cry. Typical African mentality.

1 Like

Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by salt1: 8:35am On Mar 20, 2013
fsb: Jeez! I'm amazed that a thread whose content(s) fail to add value to this forum make it to the front page...NL just isn't the same as it was years ago...
After the Kano explosions and the Oron boat mishap, I came to this thread to smile a little.
Don't be angry. We need this humour so that we don't have nervous breakdown.
What's the topic again? Ehn! When we eat the tablet of meat in our soup? At the end of the meal, of course! Unless you're a thief, so my mother would say

God bless the op and the moderator who put it on front page. It's laugh therapy
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 20, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

All sorts of orisirisi. cheesy

so are you saying you eat your 'orisisi'before, during or after cheesy ?
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by Victorjoseph(m): 8:53am On Mar 20, 2013
U can eat ur meat b4, afta or during meal...any1 u prefer itz up to u. Na poor man tinkin b dat say u must eat finish b4 u eat ur meat.y? Bcus d meats r nt much in d pot...but as a rich man lyk me,we dnt put dat in2 consideration wen eva we r eafin
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by bowler(m): 9:05am On Mar 20, 2013
Doesn't change anything before or after meal its all going down to the belly. Its just dat afrikish mentality that we all have #Gbam#
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 20, 2013
GoodWife: I eat small, chop meat small, eat small chop meat small grin grin But the final piece of meat is eaten last because once the meat finishes, I lose appetite smiley

i thought i was the only, until i read your post. lol!!!
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by buklan4realyah(f): 10:01am On Mar 20, 2013
I eat mine after meal. cos am used to it, i remember wen i was small mum wont gv me meat until i finish
d food. i can even eat without meat sef. cool

1 Like

Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 20, 2013
It depends on the environment.
When I was growing up, in school and anywhere I found myself eating and I knew that uninvited guests would join me, the first thing I did was to eat the meat because If I no do am like that the first thing they do when they come to join me was to eat the meat so you got to be smart grin
Right now, I eat meat during and after meals. cool

2 Likes

Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by olaide40: 10:46am On Mar 20, 2013
Dere is no 1 dat dos nt go dependin on d 1 u r use 2 or d 1 dey use in bringin u up. Bt as 4 me is meat afta food.
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by repogirl(f): 11:27am On Mar 20, 2013
I used to eat my meat last o, but when my daughter started disturbing me for my own after finishing hers, I started eating it first.

2 Likes

Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by davades(m): 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
It depends on how many meat I'm eating with...but usually after the meal if it is only one meat.
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by karpentar: 12:47pm On Mar 20, 2013
OCTAVO: In Africa, especially Nigeria (mostly Western Nigeria), meat is eaten after meal. But some are of the opinion that meat can be eaten anytime during meals. I for one eat meat after meals cos I was brought up that way.
Do you agree that meat should be eaten after meal or anytime during meal?
Is there any laid down standard anywhere as regards eating meat?
When do you eat your own meat; before, during or after meal?

Meat before meal to ensure the meal is unattractive to an uninvited guest. I hate sharing!!!!
Re: Meat Before Or After Meal: Which Is Better? by adctrl: 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2013

That's it for me also and I reckon it makes sense because meat is sweeter and once you finish the sweet stuff then the less-sweet stuffs i.e the main food is meant to waste/suffer.

But now I try to eat meats between meals and ultimately finish with piece of meat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Tomatoes Fruits Or Vegetables? / What Did You Cook Today? / How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.