Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions (1181 Views)

Married Men And Women,and matured minds,i Kindly Need Your View On This. / Am So Confused And Matured Advice Needed / Has Marriage Counseling Made Any Difference To Your Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions by iamsaheed(m): 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hello, am Saheed from Nigeria. My mom raised me alone and left when i was 15years, we moved a lot, and I never had any friends or a real home or any body to talk to, it affected my education, am seeking admission into a college now for a two years academic foundation program, am planning to study as an IT security personnel but have noticed that when i try focusing i develop some kind of headache and it doesnt allow me calculate(maths) so am scared if it would destroy my dream of becoming an IT security personnel..i need to talk to some one, i need a matured friend i can talk to any time...please i feel like am loosing my mind, please help.

thanks,
Saheed.
Re: Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
I'm all ears bro!
Re: Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions by aadetoyin(f): 10:08am On Mar 02, 2013
Its better if u seek medical help. Maybe solving maths over works a part of ur brain or something but its best to Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ a Doctor.
Good luck
Re: Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions by Ivynwa(f): 10:48am On Mar 02, 2013
@Saheed
You may need to open your mind and accept mathematics especially if you need to pass it to get through your IT course. I wanted to say that if mathematics gives you headache that it may be that you don't like it but our views towards some of these subjects are sometimes affected by what friends/peers say. You may be in an environment where some students detest maths and if you imbibe their talk that mathematics is hard you will definitely be getting headaches when you want to do mathematics because you may already be having fears about it. I had school mates then that say all sorts of things about subjects, one of such is that "physics and mathematics are hard" yet you may get to a stage where you will start enjoying them if you put your heart to it.

You may have to put a little more interest in it, get somebody that knows it more than you to guide you. You can also check them out in the internet, you may come across some good and very easy explanations about whichever maths topic you may be trying to understand. What makes mathematics stick is frequent practice,solve many examples and you will get used to it--- some people will even say that it is the easiest subject because it has formulas and all you need do is put in your figures in the formula and work it out. It's not that scary.
Is it only mathematics that you get headache when you want to read it? If you get headaches too when you want to read and understand other subjects too then talk to a doctor please in case there's more to it okay.
Re: Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 02, 2013
Your best move to give yourself the best chances for your future is to see a doctor preferrably a mental health professional. Don't just go to any doctor by the wayside not worth his/her salt. Better to go straight to psychiatry (or get a referral to them) if I have to be honest with you. You probably have ADHD (attention deficit disorder) or some kind of mood problem due to all the instability in your life when you were younger. There are medications to help you and that will help you attain your dreams or at least help you set realistic goals depending on what the problem ends up being. The earlier you get treatment, the better for you so you don't keep wasting time. There's no shame in seeing a psychiatrist, taking meds for this problem is the same as taking panadol or chloroquine for headache or malaria.

All the best to you.

1 Like

Re: Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
Saheed, I think you need to see a phycologist to examine you and carry out all necessary blood work for diagnosis. I wouldn't call it ADHD yet cos you are cognitively sound ( from the way you print).
My possible prognosis is just you might me going thru depression and it's affecting everything you do, concentration, needs, and most importantly getting your family back together.

Saheed, sometimes we want something( perfect life) but we can't always get/have it the way we want, it's called life, life's not fair aburo.
But if you successfully aquire your degree/diploma, get a good job, who knows maybe everybody ( your parents) will come around to see their grandkids and you can start from there.

Anyways, get help and see a shrink to talk to weekly.
I wish you all the best in life.
Don't hesitate to ask more questions if there's anything else. Take care.
Re: Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions by iamsaheed(m): 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
grin am really grateful for all the responses have gotten, all made me feel loved wink.... i noticed i get the HOT HEAD mainly when i focus much on something e.g i do graphics for fun so mostly i dont have design plan in mind so i just seat with my photoshop and start thinking and wondring what to design and that process i start feeling the headache if i seat for much hours, yes i also tried something recently, i deemed the brightness of my computer when i was about feeling the headache and i noticed it stoped....

thanks all,
SAheed.
Re: Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions by jaybee3(m): 3:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
You don't need to be an expert in maths for you to succeed as an IT security expert.

You just need to be able to think logically

1 Like

Re: Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions by baby124: 3:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
You are not doing something your mind is remotely interested in. That is why you may be interested for the money involved, but subconsciously your mind isn't in it, as its not something you really love. Look at the graphics and see the best that you can make of it. I am sure you won't have any problems focusing, if you can make a successful career out of graphics. You also need to forgive and let go of the past. Focus on the future and all the bright possibilities. The past will take care of itself. You cannot carry such a burden, and succeed. Also, you are probably infront of the computer for long periods of time. Take breaks and walk around. It is healthy for your eyes and your heart. You don't want to start getting blood clots.
Re: Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions by iamsaheed(m): 4:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
baby_123: You are not doing something your mind is remotely interested in. That is why you may be interested for the money involved, but subconsciously your mind isn't in it, as its not something you really love. Look at the graphics and see the best that you can make of it. I am sure you won't have any problems focusing, if you can make a successful career out of graphics. You also need to forgive and let go of the past. Focus on the future and all the bright possibilities. The past will take care of itself. You cannot carry such a burden, and succeed. Also, you are probably infront of the computer for long periods of time. Take breaks and walk around. It is healthy for your eyes and your heart. You don't want to start getting blood clots.

thanks for the advice ma am... wink
Re: Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions by iamsaheed(m): 4:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
IT has always and would always be my love, i feel happy when practicing it..am not into it for the money...right now i have my diploma in computer software and hardware engineering/networking and looking forward to studying more in the security line by the grace of Allah....i think my problem is lack of people to talk to, i have lived most of my life alone since i did not grow up with a full family...been moving, sharing apartments and all since my folks separated...have got two older sisters and am the last child, we have been on our mums side but we did not all stay together because my mum fell sick and her business went down and due to naijas suffer head(dont mind my english o, am straight up naija grin ) we had to move out with diff family members till date and it really changed my life i guess..have always had to do things alone, no questions or opinion from families because the main point then was have you had something to eat?...and hope you not sick?...lol...their is more to Saheed and ild really like to go on with my typing, makes me feel happy i think...well thats for now. i would welcome nice matured friends of any sex, age n country who we can share, discuss and laugh about matters of any kind....

Oops! sorry to bore you guys with my life...lol...
Re: Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
i_am_saheed: grin am really grateful for all the responses have gotten, all made me feel loved wink.... i noticed i get the HOT HEAD mainly when i focus much on something e.g i do graphics for fun so mostly i dont have design plan in mind so i just seat with my photoshop and start thinking and wondring what to design and that process i start feeling the headache if i seat for much hours, yes i also tried something recently, i deemed the brightness of my computer when i was about feeling the headache and i noticed it stoped....

thanks all,
SAheed.

So it's only happening whenever you sit for hours? Consider getting your eyes checked. There may be an issue with your vision causing you to have headaches when you focus on tasks involving reading. You may also have migraines (bright lights from your computer can induce a migraine headache, that may be why things improved when you turned down the brightness; light sensitivity can also be a part of a migraine when it has already started). Since there is a pattern, you should probably take breaks while working and rest your eyes and head before the headache starts. Then resume your work later. Still consider seeing a doctor just to be sure though. Take care and good luck.
Re: Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions by iamsaheed(m): 9:36am On Mar 05, 2013
ileobatojo:

So it's only happening whenever you sit for hours? Consider getting your eyes checked. There may be an issue with your vision causing you to have headaches when you focus on tasks involving reading. You may also have migraines (bright lights from your computer can induce a migraine headache, that may be why things improved when you turned down the brightness; light sensitivity can also be a part of a migraine when it has already started). Since there is a pattern, you should probably take breaks while working and rest your eyes and head before the headache starts. Then resume your work later. Still consider seeing a doctor just to be sure though. Take care and good luck.
thanks alot bruv...would see to that...

(1) (Reply)

This Is Serious / Heart-breaking Photo Of Young Twins Who Lost Their Mum In The FCE Bomb Blast / He Sent Guys To Rob His Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.