Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? (1171 Views)

A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss / Beating Your Wife : How Mr Sule Physically Abused His Wife To Death / Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
Some pastors dis days do encourage us single guys not to be in relationships so as to avoid fornication. Day sed we shd wait till we are ready to marry, den we can just "pick a sister and marry".

Now dat gets me thinking. How can a man just walk up to sister, fix a date, and on d fuccking first date, u say to her "sister, I wanna marry u? " I mean, how does dat even sound? How can a man meet a girl in January and marry her in March? Doesnt dat sound like buying a wife? How do such marriages even work out? Are u supposed to marry first and den learn abt each oda later?

Guys, pls wots ur take on dis?
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Anoruo(m): 11:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hold am coming.
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
truth be told when you keep someone as a friend for longer you get to learn a whole lot more about them as opposed to when you date the person. I don't think you should be marrying someone you hardly know either. That whole "the love will eventually come" excuse doesn't always work for everyone
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Georgematics(m): 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
undecided
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by naijaboiy: 11:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
It's good you court a while before you go into marriage smiley
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Kimoni: 11:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
I can see pastors are trending now. All other subjects have become stale. Every blame for our actions must now go the pastors. Smh
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
Kimoni:
I can see pastors are trending now. All other subjects have become stale. Every blame for our actions must now go the pastors. Smh

Its not just d pastors. Even elderly ppl encourage dat till date. My uncle told me dat some yrs ago.
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Kanwulia: 1:26am On Nov 12, 2014
Whether you like it or not, it is ONLY AFTER MARRIAGE you can start really KNOWING a person.
Even then. . . . THERE ARE MANY FACES TO ONE PERSON.

One for EACH DAY. . . . 7 days per week, OR ONE EACH HOUR FOR EVERY 365 days per year. . . . .depending on the level of PSYCHOSIS! grin
One thing is certain. . . . . .YOU WILL BE MARRIED TO A TOTAL STRANGER!!!!!
The more you see. . . . THE LESS YOU KNOW AND UNDERSTAND! kiss

4 Likes

Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Kanwulia:
Whether you like it or not, it is ONLY AFTER MARRIAGE you can start really KNOWING a person.
Even then. . . . THERE ARE MANY FACES TO ONE PERSON.

One for EACH DAY. . . . for 7 days per week, OR ONE EACH HOUR FOR 365 days per year. . . . .depending on the level of PSYCHOSIS! grin
One thing is certain. . . . . .YOU WILL BE MARRIED TO A TOTAL STRANGER!!!!!
The more you see. . . . THE LESS YOU KNOW AND UNDERSTAND! kiss

Na wa for dis ur parable oh.

I believe one shd get to know a couple of tins abt dis stranger before u tie d knot, dont u think?

Its either u look at where ur landing before u jump inside or u jump inside before u look at where u landed. I think d former is beta.

Yes! U cant totally know abt a person until afta being married for a while, but one shd at least hav a clue of wot to expect.
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Kanwulia: 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
obongproff:

Na wa for dis ur parable oh.

I believe one shd get to know a couple of tins abt dis stranger before u tie d knot, dont u think?

Its either u look at where ur landing before u jump inside or u jump inside before u look at where u landed. I think d former is beta.

Yes! U cant totally know abt a person until afta being married for a while, but one shd at least hav a clue of wot to expect.

I repeat : In marriage, MOST people become WORSE THAN CHAMELEONS!!!!
Just have a well-constructed shock-absorber.

That is all o! cheesy
What doesn't kill you makes you a BITTER KOLA!!!! cheesy

If we all had "an idea". . . . Marriage would be the LAST thing to get into. HA!!!! cheesy
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
Kanwulia:
J

I repeat : In marriage, people become WORSE THAN CHAMELEONS!!!!
Just have a well-constructed shock-absorber.

That is all o! cheesy
What doesn't kill you makes you a BITTER KOLA!!!! cheesy

If we all had "an idea". . . . Marriage would be the LAST thing to get into. HA!!!! :d

Very funny. Are you married and talking from experience or from observation?
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Kanwulia: 5:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
obongproff:

Very funny. Are you married and talking from experience or from observation?

Very proud to chant: BOTH!!!! cool
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
Kanwulia:

Very proud to chant: BOTH!!!! cool

Bros u funny die! How can u be talking from both experience and observation?

Na wa to u oh!
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by destante(f): 9:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
I doubt if you understood your pastor. He couldn't have implied that you don't court before marriage.
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
destante:
I doubt if you understood your pastor. He couldn't have implied that you don't court before marriage.
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
destante:

I know. Der is usually 3 months courting in church. But meeting someone in January and marrying the person in March or April of d same year sounds kinda risky and scary to me.
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by destante(f): 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2014
obongproff:

I know. Der is usually 3 months courting in church. But meeting someone in January and marrying the person in March or April of d same year sounds kinda risky and scary to me.
yea three months may be too short.
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by kandiikane(m): 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
Where I am from, you can meet a woman on the 1st and marry her on the 15th. Once they like each other na marriage be that.
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Kanwulia: 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
obongproff:

Bros u funny die! How can u be talking from both experience and observation?

Na wa to u oh!

Is observation not part of experience?
AND EXPERIMENT? grin
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Pataki: 12:18am On Nov 13, 2014
Is that not basically the whole concept of dowry? undecided
Re: Buying A Wife! How Feasible Is That? by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 13, 2014
kandiikane:
Where I am from, you can meet a woman on the 1st and marry her on the 15th. Once they like each other na marriage be that.

D stigma of divorce makes a lot of couples stay togeda, but dat doesnt mean dia marriage is healthy or happy.

So how many of such marriages are healthy.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Writes A Surprising Moving Open Letter To Her Husband's New Wife / Why Is It So Difficult For Some Parent To Apologies / Do You Remember?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.