Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,798 members, 7,827,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Soludo The Next Nigerian President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo The Next Nigerian President (775 Views)

Real Reasons APGA Disqualified Soludo..The PDP,Fidelity Bank Connection / APC Welcomes Soludo The "Solution" To The Party. / Soludo: The Face Of A Thief? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo The Next Nigerian President by Backslider(m): 9:32am On Mar 19, 2008
I think this man is just right for the Job after Yar adua
Re: Soludo The Next Nigerian President by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 19, 2008
To convince us, put up reasons why he should be the next president.
At this stage, even in some years to come, i think Nigeria needs a radical and not just an economists or a teacher like soludo and yaradua respectively.

It will take more than a brilliant CBN governor to achieve the prosperous Nigeria most people have been dreaming about.
Re: Soludo The Next Nigerian President by fatherab1: 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2008
We simply need a PEFORMER not just a Worldbank/IMF-compliant celebrity
Re: Soludo The Next Nigerian President by idupaul: 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2008

you are just tooo much, soludo ni soludo ko, he for just say okocha should b prez
Re: Soludo The Next Nigerian President by McKren(m): 3:44pm On Mar 20, 2008
father ab:

I believe you mean performers like Shamsudeen Usman the current Finance Minister.
Re: Soludo The Next Nigerian President by Backslider(m): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2008
1) soludo is a radical thinker he said the banks had to recapitalize it was not easy as anyone one close to him knew then. Some international economist thought he was joking or simply a Joke. Nobody Gave Nigeria a Chance

2) He has experience of taking hard decision that lead to a good end.
3) He is a good example
4) he believes in the Nigerian youths that is why he keeps saying we have to save money not spend money.
5) he has been in the corridoors of power and knows alot of the problems and mistake and besides he is also a governor
Re: Soludo The Next Nigerian President by DisGuy: 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2008
i say not now

5) he has been in the corridoors of power and knows alot of the problems and mistake and besides he is also a governor
staying in the corridors of power is not power! alistair campbell wont win even in their local estates!

4) he believes in Nigerian youths that is why he keeps saying we have to save money not spend money.
but the youth have been saying 'whats the $50b reserves doing in the banks when there is no this and that'

I dont think he knows how to deal with politicians
Re: Soludo The Next Nigerian President by McKren(m): 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2008
People need to study what goes on in the corridor of power in Nigeria before they criticize people. Soludo has not declared interest in the Presidency and hence their is no point discussing his viability.

However if you want to criticize his position as CBN Governor, show any CBN Governor before him that has achieved a lot. The current Finance Minister came to power and his primary aim was to undermine Soludo, he and the National Planning Minister succeeded in doing that. You would think that after succeeding they will come up with new ideas but nothing fruitful has come out from the Finance Ministry so far.

People say he is not radical, I don't know if the transformation of our Banking Sector is not radical enough.

Recently he is being criticized for releasing Loans for Small Business starters and skills training.

http://elendureports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=624&Itemid=1

But the problem is his critics are not coming up with any reasonable alternative solutions to Nigeria's probelms. All they do is try to criticize those who started up something.

WE ARE SIMPLY A MISGUIDED COUNTRY

On issue of Alistair Campbell, he was simply Tony Blair's spin doctor and did not at anytime manage Britains Finance (Chancellor). If anything Soludo should be compaired to Gordon Brown who ran the economy and is now Prime Minister.
Re: Soludo The Next Nigerian President by Backslider(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2008
@Mcren

Right on spot but the view that we are a misguided people should not be re-echoed. We have guides and we will make it. lets us keep talking we will get there.

We are only condemned to be optimistic as we have tried pessimism for years and it almost killed us.

Soludo does not need to seek for power like Yar adua he will it is the will of the father.
Re: Soludo The Next Nigerian President by osuolale1(f): 8:08pm On Mar 20, 2008
wat the, lol shocked

(1) (Reply)

Letter To My Friend Overseas / Meet The Press Anchor, Tim Russert Is Dead / Lipstick On A Pig And Other Animal Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.