Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks (1627 Views)

Lagos-kano Rail To Generate 250,000 Jobs – Amaechi / Bomb Blast In Kano Line Park / Baraje Resigns As Chairman, Nigeria Railway Corporation - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
The Nigeria Railway Corporation, NRC has said that over thirty thousand Nigerians travelling to Kano from Lagos have used the recently rehabilitated intercity train service.
The Assistant Director, Public Relations, Mr. David Ndanusa stated this while speaking with Vanguard.
According to him, the railway has maintained a successful intercity passenger train service since the kick off in December last year, transporting over thirty thousand Nigerians who are travelling to and from Lagos and Kano by rail.

“I can tell you that over thirty thousand Nigerians who are travelling to Kano from Lagos and returning back have used our train service.
We run two trains every week and they are always filled up.” Ndanusa explained.

The NRC official who said he cannot estimate the number of those that have been transported through other intercity train routes, like Lagos to Offa and Minna, noted that the corporation will soon acquire more coaches to address the problem of congestion and to increase frequency.

“We are refurbishing more coaches in order to address the problem of congestion but the problem is that it requires time to refurbish these coaches depending on the level of deterioration. But we are doing all we can, in the next two months we shall have more coaches and then increase the frequency of operation in the routes we are running.”

However, when asked about how much money the passenger traffic has generated so far, he declined comment, saying that the figures will be made official at the right time. He however hinted that half of the money is ploughed back into operations and maintenance.

“I cannot tell you how much we have generated because that may be misunderstood. The figure will be made known at the right time. But I can assure you, half of the money we make is put back into maintenance, and don’t forget maintaining these locomotives are quite expensive.” Mr. Ndanusa said.

Meanwhile in the intercity train service, passengers have continued to pour in.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/nigeria-railway-moves-over-30000-passengers-in-eight-weeks/
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2013
** Nigerian Railways Commences Offa-Kano Intercity Passenger Train Service

The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) yesterday announced the commencement of the Offa – Kano intercity passenger train service.
The corporation stated that the passenger train will regularly depart Offa by 10.00 p.m and arrive Kano the following day.

A statement by the Assistant, Director Public Relations of the corporation, Mr. David Ndakotsu, said the introduction of the intercity passenger train service is coming after the successful completion of the 1126 kilometre Lagos –– Kano track line.

He stated that the introduction of the service was in line with the corporation’’s stand to achieve optimal utilisation of its carriage facilities and with a view to evolving reliable and affordable rail services that will meet the transportation need of the commuting public.

It would be recalled that the corporation began rail services onits Western Line (Lagos –– Kano) immediately after the completion of the line by flagging off Lagos –– Kano intercity passenger train and another petroleum products train on Friday, December 21, 2012.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/nigerian-railways-commences-offa-kano-intercity-passenger-train-service/
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
“We are refurbishing more coaches in order to address the problem of congestion but the problem is that it requires time to refurbish these coaches depending on the level of deterioration"

"Depending on the level of deterioration"

The question should be why did the previous govt supervise the "deterioration" of the Nigerian railway?

Anyway, thank God someone is already clearing the rot of the last 3 decades.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
where is bilms?

not even one comment from known....commentators.
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by taharqa: 1:20am On Mar 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: ** Nigerian Railways Commences Offa-Kano Intercity Passenger Train Service

The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) yesterday announced the commencement of the Offa – Kano intercity passenger train service.
The corporation stated that the passenger train will regularly depart Offa by 10.00 p.m and arrive Kano the following day.

A statement by the Assistant, Director Public Relations of the corporation, Mr. David Ndakotsu, said the introduction of the intercity passenger train service is coming after the successful completion of the 1126 kilometre Lagos –– Kano track line.

He stated that the introduction of the service was in line with the corporation’’s stand to achieve optimal utilisation of its carriage facilities and with a view to evolving reliable and affordable rail services that will meet the transportation need of the commuting public.

It would be recalled that the corporation began rail services onits Western Line (Lagos –– Kano) immediately after the completion of the line by flagging off Lagos –– Kano intercity passenger train and another petroleum products train on Friday, December 21, 2012.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/nigerian-railways-commences-offa-kano-intercity-passenger-train-service/

Offa? Offa-Kano. Very GOOD.

All the Spur Lines off the main Lagos-Kano should also be fully resuscitated, as these are the ones that usuali go to the nooks and crannies of certain areas the main Line would not go. They are crucial for Rural-Urban trade/commerce and Agriculture.

Can't wait till the other main Line (PH-Maiduguri) and its Spur Lines also come back to life, sometime this year, after many years of been DEAD.
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by thelastPope(m): 2:07am On Mar 01, 2013
Slowly but surely, we will get there.

We wont loose sleep, we won't loose focus
We shall not bulge, never mind how they harras us
The vision is clear, the finish line is near
They can troll, rant or blackmail
In the end, they are as relevant as spam mail

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
thelastPope: Slowly but surely, we will get there.

We wont loose sleep, we won't loose focus
We shall not bulge, never mind how they harras us
The vision is clear, the finish line is near
They can troll, rant or blackmail
In the end, they are as relevant as spam mail
Very true. Great things are happening and I'm happy to be part of this transformation train.

In the last few days, power supply here has been virtually 24hrs. The few times there's power failure, power is usually restored in less than 10mins. These are important positive signs
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by BedLam: 1:46pm On Mar 01, 2013
@Sincere9, what if someone wants to travel from Warri to Lagos with train, how would the person go?
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by ujchief(m): 1:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hahahahahahagringringrin

Fvcked up mediocre!!!

This butt sniffing you guys are doing ain't leading you no where.

Months after months, what we keep getting is news of refurbished train moving 30,000 people in 3 months!

Mtchewww. . .

#meanwhile, fuel sells at N110 officially in all south east states...#
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by ujchief(m): 1:51pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Very true. Great things are happening and I'm happy to be part of this transformation train.

Sellout. . .
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
I should be Jubilating because Nigeria Railway moves 30,000 passengers along Lagos-kano line? What a stewpid achievement.@ Insincere 9gerian,when next you make a trip,dont go by air.Try and travel with a train and tell us how it goes.tongue
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by taharqa: 2:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
BedLam: @Sincere9, what if someone wants to travel from Warri to Lagos with train, how would the person go?
Unfortunately, u cant do that yet. Your best bet is to take a train ride from Warri tru d newly completed Ajaokuta-Warri Standard Rail Line (once commercial trains start running on the track), and alight at Ore, which is one of its Rail Terminals. You may then take a car ride from the Ore Station on the equali newly Rehabilitatd Benin-Ore Rd to Lagos..... Meanwhile, the Lagos-Benin-Onitsha Rail Route is one of d 10 routes unda Feasibility Study to determine d possibility of a railway in dat corridor to be built by Private investors. But lets not Kid ourselves, there is hardly anyway dis wud become a reality in d nx 4 yrs at least...
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by BedLam: 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
taharqa: Unfortunately, u cant do that yet. Your best bet is to take a train ride from Warri tru d newly completed Ajaokuta-Warri Standard Rail Line (once commercial trains start running on the track), and alight at Ore, which is one of its Rail Terminals. You may then take a car ride from the Ore Station on the equali newly Rehabilitatd Benin-Ore Rd to Lagos..... Meanwhile, the Lagos-Benin-Onitsha Rail Route is one of d 10 routes unda Feasibility Study to determine d possibility of a railway in dat corridor to be built by Private investors. But lets not Kid ourselves, there is hardly anyway dis wud become a reality in d nx 4 yrs at least...
I dig!
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by justsayemma(m): 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
@ sincere 9gerian,if truly u r a doctor,u r d most uselesss doctor I ve eva known.u don't even know how 2 cajole people cos u r so local. D trash u call railway,is dat d kind of railway system dats obtainable in other serioz society? Y not kip quiet til we get a modern railway service b4 u start doin ur job,wit ur partners,d last pop,tarqa or wateva u cal urself.u guys lack xposure
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 01, 2013
ujchief: Hahahahahahagringringrin

Fvcked up mediocre!!!

Months after months, what we keep getting is news of refurbished train moving 30,000 people in 3 months!

Mtchewww. . .

We should not throw away our conscience just because we must necessarily oppose everything GEJ does. The 30,000 passengers we'r talking about are human beings, like you and I. Just imagine for one second the benefits of the Kano-Lagos railway for those 30,000 persons and many more that have been using the rail transport system. If not for the railway, those 30,000 persons would use the road and some of them may die or sustain serious injuries from road accidents. Just imagine the psychological, financial and social burden of death or serious injuries to the families of any of those 30,000 persons. Also consider the fact that these 30,000 persons spent nearly half of the cost if they had gone by road and so have extra funds in their pockets. The extra funds can be use to solve other problems.

Therefore, those who criticise from the discomfort of wherever, should criticise with human conscience

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
ujchief: Hahahahahahagringringrin

Fvcked up mediocre!!!

Mtchewww. . .

Double post
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by tomakint: 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
What more can I say, this Jonathan is working cool
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by OmoTier1(m): 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
Chei! Aren't you ashamed to be putting figures like these online? Train services between Nigeria's two biggest commercial nerve centre in eight weeks can only boast of 30,000 passengers that's barely 537 passengers day undecided Does that not tell you how backward PDP has dragged the nation? I thought pictures shown on here few weeks ago indicated the train was packed full and passengers had no room to even breathe? If those pictures are anything to believe, then the figures by the NRC official and by extension the OP is riddle with lies and shows why Nigeria and Nigerians can be taken barely seriously!
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by taharqa: 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Chei! Aren't you ashamed to be putting figures like these online? Train services between Nigeria's two biggest commercial nerve centre in eight weeks can only boast of 30,000 passengers that's barely 537 passengers day undecided Does that not tell you how backward PDP has dragged the nation? I thought pictures shown on here few weeks ago indicated the train was packed full and passengers had no room to even breathe? If those pictures are anything to believe, then the figures by the NRC official and by extension the OP is riddle with lies and shows why Nigeria and Nigerians can be taken barely seriously!
It almost seem that Every single day you open yr mouth here you increasively up the level of NONSENSE you said the previous day, in yr madt ruse to criticize. It is becoming too obvious, Dawg...
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
taharqa: It almost seem that Every single day you open yr mouth here you increasively up the level of NONSENSE you said the previous day, in yr madt ruse to criticize. It is becoming too obvious, Dawg...

He's a lost case. I suggest you ignore him.
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by OmoTier1(m): 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
taharqa: It almost seem that Every single day you open yr mouth here you increasively up the level of NONSENSE you said the previous day, in yr madt ruse to criticize. It is becoming too obvious, Dawg...
Dispute the facts and stop chasing shadows undecided I told you before, you have grown all your life living in mediocrity so excellence is not part of your way of living you wouldn't understand why some of us can't stoop so low to your level of thinking
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by OmoTier1(m): 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
ROSSIKE:

He's a lost case. I suggest you ignore him.
Is it you that is cutting and pasting prototype and artistic impression of phantom projects across the country as development that should be taken seriously? Is that not the height of stupidity?
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Chei! Aren't you ashamed to be putting figures like these online? Train services between Nigeria's two biggest commercial nerve centre in eight weeks can only boast of 30,000 passengers that's barely 537 passengers day undecided Does that not tell you how backward PDP has dragged the nation? I thought pictures shown on here few weeks ago indicated the train was packed full and passengers had no room to even breathe? If those pictures are anything to believe, then the figures by the NRC official and by extension the OP is riddle with lies and shows why Nigeria and Nigerians can be taken barely seriously!
And how did you get you 537 passengers per day? I guess by dividing 30,000 by 56 (8weeks times 7)? This is what you get from people BLINDED by inexplicable HATRED. I guess you assumed from the discomfort of you abode that the train moves everyday? You'r WRONG. Mayb you didn't have the patience to read the report because you'r always in a hurry to criticise. The train moves along that route only twice a week for now (to and fro). If you do the calculation properly you'll get 30,000/16 (8weeks times 2), which amounts to 1,875 passengers per trip.

Will you apologise and take back you criticisms? Or will you shift the criticism (look for another loophole to criticise) as usual? Because if you dont criticise GEJ you'v lost your relevance on this forum, I expect you to shift the criticism. When men of honour realise they goofed, they apologise and disappear.
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by OmoTier1(m): 7:06pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
And how did you get you 537 passengers per day? I guess by dividing 30,000 by 56 (8weeks times 7)? This is what you get from people BLINDED by inexplicable HATRED. I guess you assumed from the discomfort of you abode that the train moves everyday? You'r WRONG. Mayb you didn't have the patience to read the report because you'r always in a hurry to criticise. The train moves along that route only twice a week for now (to and fro). If you do the calculation properly you'll get 30,000/16 (8weeks times 2), which amounts to 1,875 passengers per trip.

Will you apologise and take back you criticisms? Or will you shift the criticism (look for another loophole to criticise) as usual? Because if you dont criticise GEJ you'v lost your relevance on this forum I expect you to shift the criticism. When men of honour realise they'v erred, they apologise and take a walk
I read that post and I knew very well that it runs twice a week. And I still stand by the figure of 537 passengers daily. Why? The train ought to operate daily (twice) from both ends and I see no reason why that is not happening. So when you workout the figures on what really should be and not the propaganda you are being sold, then you know how far behind things are! It is the mediocre mindset that make people like you rejoice over news like this. Even with your bogus figure, it is clear that 1875 passengers per trip is a woeful failure that any management should be silent about.

There is no doubt that revival of the service is much welcome but this is not the time to shout uhuhuh.... Get back to work and start pushing minimum 100,000 passengers daily on that route.

And FYI,learn in your real life to see shortfall pointed out as challenges to overcome instead of this your attitude of seeing anyone who disagree with you as enemy or has hatred towards GEJ.
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I read that post and I knew very well that it runs twice a week. And I still stand by the figure of 537 passengers daily. Why? The train ought to operate daily (twice) from both ends and I see no reason why that is not happening. So when you workout the figures on what really should be and not the propaganda you are being sold, then you know how far behind things are! It is the mediocre mindset that make people like you rejoice over news like this. Even with your bogus figure, it is clear that 1875 passengers per trip is a woeful failure that any management should be silent about.

There is no doubt that revival of the service is much welcome but this is not the time to shout uhuhuh.... Get back to work and start pushing minimum 100,000 passengers daily on that route.

And FYI,learn in your real life to see shortfall pointed out as challenges to overcome instead of this your attitude of seeing anyone who disagree with you as enemy or has hatred towards GEJ.
Your hero, Fashola, inherited a railway project (passed on from Jakande to Tinubu and now Fashola), can you tell Nigerians how many passengers are being moved on that route on a daily basis? Mind you Fashola is almost in his 6th year in office.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

So rather than follow the path of honour, you decided to SHAMELESSLY LIE as usual.

How does you comment above fit into this statement that you made in your made in your previous post "I thought pictures shown on here few weeks ago indicated the train was packed full and passengers had no room to even breathe?"

Now explain the irreconcilable statements from the same person.

I expected even LIARS to show some dignity in telling lies but it seems some persons have lost it completely.

Shame on LIARS!
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by OmoTier1(m): 7:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
So rather than follow the path of honour, you decided to SHAMELESSLY LIE as usual.

How does you comment above fit into this statement that you made in your made in your previous post "I thought pictures shown on here few weeks ago indicated the train was packed full and passengers had no room to even breathe?"

Now explain the irreconcilable statements from the same person.

I expected even LIARS to show some dignity in telling lies but it seems some persons have lost it completely.

Shame on LIARS!
You know even the devil always like to call others evil undecided if you cannot read between the lines of my post, that is your headache. Clearly, I owe you no apology for the intent of my numbers. You are the least Oran individual to mention the word HONOUR because you are an epitome of FALSEHOOD and an agent of darkness. You cannot refute my numbers, and I owe you no apology on the basis upon which I decided to compute those numbers.

Else where, when train passengers numbers are computed, it is done per day and not the number of passengers per trips. Go figure out when they tell you Mumbai trains carried 35 million passengers yearly, or close to 3.5million daily, do you really know how those numbers are calculated

I think it is you that should be ashamed because your attempt to sensationalise the news and spew your rubbish GEJ is working propaganda has been exposed by the numbers themselves.
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by OmoTier1(m): 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Your hero, Fashola, inherited a railway project (passed on from Jakande to Tinubu and now Fashola), can you tell Nigerians how many passengers are being moved on that route on a daily basis? Mind you Fashola is almost in his 6th year in office.
Your foolishness knows no bound.. Fashola inherited a project conceptualised and He is able to bring it to fruition. GEJ inherited a project already delivered on a table of efficiency and you are comparing both?

If anything, when Lagos trains begin to run by end of 2014, no doubt it will dwarf the 1806 services being offered by your corruption ridden government led by your crook master GEJ.
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Your foolishness knows no bound.. Fashola inherited a project conceptualised and He is able to bring it to fruition. GEJ inherited a project already delivered on a table of efficiency and you are comparing both?

If anything, when Lagos trains begin to run by end of 2014, no doubt it will dwarf the 1806 services being offered by your corruption ridden government led by your crook master GEJ.

You made this statement:

"I thought pictures shown on here few weeks ago indicated the train was packed full and passengers had no room to even breathe?"

Reconcile it with another statement of yours:

"I read that post and I knew very well that it runs twice a week. And I still stand by the figure of 537 passengers daily. Why? The train ought to operate daily (twice) from both ends and I see no reason why that is not happening. So when you workout the figures on what really should be and not the propaganda you are being sold, then you know how far behind things are"

If you knew very well that the trains travel twice per week carrying nearly 1,800 passengers per trip, why show your folly by stating:

"I thought pictures shown on here few weeks ago indicated the train was packed full and passengers had no room to even breathe?"

Or were you thinking about your imaginary 500 passengers per day when you made that blunder?

Pls reconcile those irreconcilable statements or tell us your's confused
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

"bring it to fruition"?

Mayb he brought it to fruition in your mind because as far I know, no train is moving yet. The last we heard was laying of tracks on SOME SECTIONS of the project site. Mind you, Fashola has spent 6 SOLID YEARS in office and before him the 'progressive' Tinubu spent 8 SOLID YEARS in office, yet no rail line, no power plant. Smh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by OmoTier1(m): 8:58pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

You made this statement:

Reconcile it with another statement of yours:

"I read that post and I knew very well that it runs twice a week. And I still stand by the figure of 537 passengers daily. Why? The train ought to operate daily (twice) from both ends and I see no reason why that is not happening. So when you workout the figures on what really should be and not the propaganda you are being sold, then you know how far behind things are"

If you knew very well that the trains travel twice per week carrying nearly 1,800 passengers per trip, why show your folly by stating:

Or were you thinking about your imaginary 500 passengers per day when you made that blunder?

Pls reconcile those irreconcilable statements or tell us your's confused
I think you really do not know how stupid your reasoning come across when you keep talking about 1800 passengers on a rail way line over 2,000km stretch on a single trip. How many stops are on the rail route?

As for my statements, I really cannot see what you are driving at. 1800 passengers on a single trip does not come across to me as over crowded hence the reason I made reference to that thread.

Again, you keep chasing the chaff and leaving the wheat behind! I have pointed out to you how far behind things are,you are barely not concerned with that and your interest is in playing stupid politics with everything. Nigerians deserve better and the mediocre governance they are experiencing now is not what most bargained for when they wanted the military out of power.

If you and I keep singing the praises of these mediocre leaders, do you. Think you will ever see a HST in your life time in Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Railway Moves Over 30,000 Passengers Along Lagos-Kano Line In Eight Wks by OmoTier1(m): 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
"bring it to fruition"?

Mayb he brought it to fruition in your mind because as far I know, no train is moving yet. The last we heard was laying of tracks on SOME SECTIONS of the project site. Mind you, Fashola has spent 6 SOLID YEARS in office and before him the 'progressive' Tinubu spent 8 SOLID YEARS in office, yet no rail line, no power plant. Smh
You know Lagos light rail is not a political project, it is a project aimed at bringing succour to lagosians and given the funding constraints the lagos state government has faced, Fashola hasn't done badly at all.

GEJ would be spending nearly three years as a President by end of 2013, can you point to one 'virgin' track GEJ has laid? Has he completed any feasibility study talk less of laying a virgin track anywhere in Nigeria? All the contracts for rail modernisation were either done during Obj regime or during Yar'dua regime. Again like I have always said repeatedly, GEJ is commended for sustaining these projects but this is no where near where we should be and we have all it takes to do better, so why can't we do better? The leadership is visionless and cannot see the next level to up the development to.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soldiers find rifles, bomb-making items in Kaduna politician's house / Archbishop Okogie To Jonathan - "Do Not Run For Presidency In 2015" / Fani-kayode, Momodu, Others Confused Over Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.