Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian (9947 Views)

Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today / Trouble In Tinubu's Household -the Guardian / Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by solomon111(m): 10:56am On Mar 01, 2013
Orpelin:
mr solomon, UNSC permanent member!!!!,U must be joking, cos that position is not for sale or even extension till the next century.
I know it will be difficult for any african country to get it.
I am Just hopeful.
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by optimusprime2(m): 11:08am On Mar 01, 2013
*ERROR!*
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by ikweremilitant: 11:36am On Mar 01, 2013
hrmkz: Giant of Africa.
sorry do u mean gi~ant of africa.ur guess is as gud as mine
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by taharqa: 11:47am On Mar 01, 2013
Woo!!!!

Nigeria left this seat a year or 2 ago, right? And now we are getting it back, this quick? Dont think this has ever happened. Kudos to the Diplomats and our Diplomacy.

But we should also make the ECOWAS States endorse us for the 'Nonpermanent' Permanent Seat in the UN Security Council over SA and Egypt. If we can get the FULL backing of the 16 (17 whenever Chad is admitted) countries of ECOWAS and then work out further endorsement agreements with some other African regions- says our new 'friends' in the G4 (Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda) and maybe some others in Central Africa- we can get enough vote to clinch the Seat. Nigeria ougth to get that SEAT whenever the 'Powers that be' decides to give 2 of the Seats to Africa.

Once again, Kudos.
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by Melancholy(m): 12:08pm On Mar 01, 2013
I taught it was permanent member of security council nii?Well we've been doing this ever since in helping other but our own we have no clue.
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by deletrue: 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
Capnd143: oboy! See finishing . . . . LMAO
You be warri boy? Where i live in Ojodu beger, lagos, there are some delta young boys. The way they speak is like the type you have spoken. Are you from delta?
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by Tolexander: 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: Do you think it is easy to fight terrorism at home?
Can Northern Nigeria withstand the full strength of the Nigerian military,without creating casualities in the millions?
Talk with sense,next time.
oh boy! I don see u. Why must your word have to rebut the opinion that all solomon's are wise?
Is all solutions to terrorism be military if you disapprove using military.
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by solomon111(m): 12:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
Tolexander: oh boy! I don see u. Why must your word have to rebut the opinion that all solomon's are wise?
Is all solutions to terrorism be military if you disapprove using military.
guy shut up.
How do you curb an al-quaeda backed terrorism?
Dialogue?
Mumu pickin.
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by Tolexander: 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: guy shut up.
How do you curb an al-quaeda backed terrorism?
Dialogue?
Mumu pickin.
stop creating a great wall between wisdom and yourself. Al quaeda backed terrorism from where?
Seems u are a learner.
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by Positiveminds(m): 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sweetapple007: Congratulation! Ant of Africa.
If Nigeria is ant of Africa, it means you are an ant . Accursed child of a tadpole!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by davades(m): 1:44pm On Mar 01, 2013

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by ocelot2006(m): 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2013

Yet ants are known to be hardworking and carry twice their body weight. Thanks for the compliment douche
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by jmaine: 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
ocelot2006:

Yet ants are known to be hardworking and carry twice their body weight. Thanks for the compliment douche

cool
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by FLYFIRE(m): 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2013
Everyone talking trash about this great nation should keep their smelly trap shut. If you do not see anything good in this great nation, I pity you because surely God will not let you benefit from her. How can someone who is not contributing anything tangible, because you have free MTN airtime to abuse your father, come here to talk trash about Nigeria. Nigeria is great no matter the challenges we are going through now. Nigeria is working no matter your evil thoughts for her. And this is a sound of warning to all of you, if you say one more evil or derogatory word against Nigeria...you are NOT fit to live. Please KEEP YOUR TONGUE IN CHECK before it destroys you. GOD BLESS NIGERIA sad sad sad sad

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by solomon111(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2013
Tolexander: stop creating a great wall between wisdom and yourself. Al quaeda backed terrorism from where?
Seems u are a learner.
Actually you are the learner.
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by juscane(m): 3:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
Dat's good news oooo
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by nke001: 4:46pm On Mar 01, 2013
Vision 2020

>>> vision No.2 : Joining UN SECURITY COUNCIL ---Achieved.

Next!!
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by Tolexander: 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: Actually you are the learner.
i will continue to school you here on nairaland cos you seems to be a novice.
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by Awoofawo(m): 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2013
sheyie2007: Space for sale

For how much? Inbox me your price quotation and mode of payment asap! cheesywink
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: A permanent seat in the UN SECURITY COUNCIL will solve many of these.

Solve it first then seek a Permanent seat.

Its in your dreams Nigeria will be allowed to be a Permanent member of that council.
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by Capnd143(m): 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2013
deletrue: You be warri boy? Where i live in Ojodu beger, lagos, there are some delta young boys. The way they speak is like the type you have spoken. Are you from delta?
no bro, i havnt step my foot on delta or warri soil b4. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
There have been debates, scholarly opinions and suggestions in respect of the feasibility of Nigeria securing a seat in the UN Security Council in comparison with other countries with same intent, namely; Egypt, South Africa among others. Dr. L. O. Taiwo dissected the issue judging mainly by 3 criteria. They are; (I). True representation of the African States, (II). Contributions to the maintenance of peace and security in Africa i.e. Peace-keeping missions, (III). Loyalty to the UN - in terms of financial contributions. He is right after all. Nigeria is truly deserving of such unprecedented honour of African candidacy.
Re: Nigeria Endorsed To Be Member Of UN Security Council - The Guardian by PhysicsQED(m): 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
Meanwhile, Nigeria’s diplomatic missives on continental leadership, which was recently re-circulated, bore a major fruit yesterday as the leaders unanimously endorsed her candidature for the position of [size=14pt]non-permanent[/size] member of the United Nations (UN) Security Council (UNSC).

Honestly, I'll only care about this stuff when they start talking about a permanent position. That is what Nigeria should aspire to if the country is to be significant in international affairs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki Meets Nigerian Union Of Journalists / My Dad Decamped To APC. This Is So Tough. I Hate Anything Apc/buhari. / Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.