Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,659 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

'if You Have Migraine Or Persistent Headache Use APC' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'if You Have Migraine Or Persistent Headache Use APC' (458 Views)

Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari / DASUKIGATE: Jonathan ’s Headache: SUN / I Won’t Use APC FG To Unleash Impunity On My People —okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'if You Have Migraine Or Persistent Headache Use APC' by CID: 8:58am On Mar 01, 2013
The leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, yesterday visited the leader of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari, in Kaduna where the duo engaged in a series of discussions.

photoAlthough the discussion which lasted almost three hours was held behind closed doors, Tinubu briefed our correspondent shortly after their meeting ended and gave an insight into the purpose of his visit.

“I am here just to consult with the general on the new merger party, the APC that has come to be, and to look at the various options for a one-man-one-vot e in the country,” he said.

On the workability of the merger, Tinubu expressed optimism that the merger will not just work but will rescue the country from its present situation which, he said, is nothing to write home about. He said: “The merger will definitely work out this time round. I have been very consistent about it; it is only through strong determination and commitment and the sacrifice of the people; it is not only about us as individuals. You have a lot of speculations going on this time round: they have even chosen our presidential candidate for us and all of that, to determine all the sorts of things that we do. It is a banner headline in Nigerian Tribune, but that is the story of people who are already afraid and scared of the unity of purpose that is coming up in the country.

“In essence, we are all committed to democratic principles and values for this country, and a united body ready to rescue the nation with one mission, vision, and one single commitment to alleviate the problems of the masses.

“It is not about individual, it is not about General Buhari. If he wanted money from the government, he would always get it, but he stands for the truth and the masses and the redemption of our democratic value, justice and progress for all -- these are the things that we need to harness the opportunity that is here in this country, to get it moving and moving forward, not the manner it’s been going in the past 16 years.”

On the allegation that the new merging party (APC) is making plans to woo serving and past Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors into it, Tinubu said “if that is a strategy on our part, should I tell you?”

“The facts remain that we must talk to everybody and must woo them. If the PDP chairman, Bamanga Tukur, is interested, let him look through; we will invite him and talk to him. APC is a party to stay with, work with and to share the vision of eliminating corruption, ineptitude in governance and lack of employment for our people. “If you are threatened by lack of security, enter an APC; if you have migraine or persistent headache use APC,” he said.

For his part, Buhari said he concurred with all that was said by Tinubu. He also dared the PDP to counter his statement when he said the PDP had merged with INEC, police, judiciary and the pension funds ahead of the 2015 general elections.

He said, “If it (PDP) and its chieftains are going to counter me they should. You can go and study the three judicial or Supreme Court judgements of 2003, 2007 and 2011 and get the hearings on NEPA, NNPC, pension scheme; whatever I said is factual.”

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Denies Ceasefire In New Video / Akwa Ibom Commences Free Distribution Of Condoms / Civil Defence Commandant Can't Tell His Organisation's Web Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.