Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... (58564 Views)

VISA Denial 21 July 2015. / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by africanboy(m): 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
Got rejected too. Applied with my family. No documents checked. Just said no. Maybe because we are first time travelers? Sad. We have more than enough cash for the trip.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by sun171: 10:18am On Sep 26, 2016
my visa was denia on the 23 sep 2016 the reason is best known to the consular or may be becos i just filled the ds 160 form and the appointment date becos the people arround the embassy said the first appointment and ds 160 form i filled before on the 23 sep 2016 does not contain any of my information so that is why i refilled the form on the 23 sep 2016 so when can i re apply for the visa because my purpose of traveling to usa was for conference which will hold on 17 -19 oct 2016 so can i re apply for visa before 17 oct 2016
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by sun171: 10:25am On Sep 26, 2016
[url][/url]my visa was denia on the 23 sep 2016 the reason is best known to the consular or may be becos i just filled the ds 160 form and the appointment date becos the people arround the embassy said the first appointment and ds 160 form i filled before on the 23 sep 2016 does not contain any of my information so that is why i refilled the form on the 23 sep 2016 so when can i re apply for the visa because my purpose of traveling to usa was for conference which will hold on 17 -19 oct 2016 so can i re apply for visa before 17 oct 2016[img]my visa was denia on the 23 sep 2016 the reason is best known to the consular or may be becos i just filled the ds 160 form and the appointment date becos the people arround the embassy said the first appointment and ds 160 form i filled before on the 23 sep 2016 does not contain any of my information so that is why i refilled the form on the 23 sep 2016 so when can i re apply for the visa because my purpose of traveling to usa was for conference which will hold on 17 -19 oct 2016 so can i re apply for visa before 17 oct 2016[/img]my visa was denia on the 23 sep 2016 the reason is best known to the consular or may be becos i just filled the ds 160 form and the appointment date becos the people arround the embassy said the first appointment and ds 160 form i filled before on the 23 sep 2016 does not contain any of my information so that is why i refilled the form on the 23 sep 2016 so when can i re apply for the visa because my purpose of traveling to usa was for conference which will hold on 17 -19 oct 2016 so can i re apply for visa before 17 oct 2016
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by sun171: 10:41am On Sep 26, 2016
my visa was denia on the 23 sep 2016 the reason is best known to the consular or may be becos i just filled the ds 160 form and the appointment date becos the people arround the embassy said the first appointment and ds 160 form i filled before on the 23 sep 2016 does not contain any of my information so that is why i refilled the form on the 23 sep 2016 so when can i re apply for the visa because my purpose of traveling to usa was for conference which will hold on 17 -19 oct 2016 so can i re apply for visa before 17 oct 2016
(Modify) (Quote ) (Report ) (Share )
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Jay306: 11:50am On Dec 22, 2016
Hello, I was denied a F1 visa, and I asked why, the CO said I have a degree already in petroleum engineering and I’m going for another degree which is a BSc in computer science, he said that it doesn’t make sense, but it’s my decision, Oil jobs are really diificult now because of the oil price, and i can become an entrepreneur if i choose to with a computer science degree, BTW my father was a USA citizen before he died and I have got a half sister who was born and has never left USA. I’m thinking of reapplying but I don’t want to be denied the second time, please I need your advice
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by olumig(m): 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
babyfaiz:
I actually just joined nairaland so as to voice out my grievances or will i just say HUGE disappointment. This is my second time applying for US tourist visa within the space of 5 months. The first time I applied with my wife and daughter in the US embassy in Lagos. We were all denied without the consular checking any of our documents.

The reason for denial was quite understandable because I was very nervous after hearing all sorts about US visa interviews. I was almost stuttering at any question the consular put forward to me. On the other hand, my wife was very confident and she really spoke well (shame on me). Please note that I have never been denied visa before as this was my very first visa denial.

I have been to the UK several times, Dubai 3 times, have a schengen visa and I have also been to Turkey 3 times too. My answers in the first interview were not coherent at all. If I can figure out another reason for our denial besides my lack of confidence was that I told the consular that I am an electrical engr whereas I put graphics and interior design when i filled my ds160 form.

The reason is that I am actually an electrical engr and have worked as one in a renowned company, I stopped working as an electrical engineer and pursed another career in a passion of mine .. which is Graphics and interior design.

In my form, it was indicated there that I am graduate of electrical electronics and worked as an engineer for a year but I filled graphics and interior design as my primary occupation. I have been successful as an interior designer and I earn well too.

Now fast forward to my second interview which took place in Abuja, which i believe was more organized but not wot it in my opinion as there were a lot of visa denials and the interview didn't commence until after 3 hours of the scheduled time. Finally the die was cast after long hours of wait, listening to so many people faulter and few successful.

I was now gaining confidence when I found out that most applicant were fidgeting because they weren't confident in there english. Some couldn't even understand the consulars accent. It was really embarrassing watching them.

Now my turn and the interview went thus. where are u going to in the US.. I said Newyork city. Where in Newyork? Sumner place Brooklyn Newyork. Have u been denied before? Yes with my family. Why were u denied? I wouldn't know because the paper they gave me has a generic interpretation and does not address me as an individual? Why Newyork? Because thats like the Lagos of the US, its the commercial, fashion capital and i want to see some tourist attraction places in newyork, I will also take time to shop for my newborn. What do you do? I am a graphics and interior designer. I used to work as an Electrical engineer as I am graduate of elect engineering. How much do you earn monthly? I don't earn monthly because most of my works are contract based but I have been able to average 6 million naira annually in 4 years. how much is your trip going to cost you? I said one million naira because of my hotel acc, ticket and I am also taking time out to shop for my family and my new born. This time i was already broiling with confidence and he felt the sense that i was really prepared. He excused himself for one minute and at this time i was wondering maybe he wanted to ask someone something. I was just expecting him to ask me to present my documents but in his eyes I could see that he knew that I would have everything in place. So, he came back and said... sorry ur visa wont be granted, this paper will explain why. I was dazed, the other applicants were dazed too.

Immediately I came out they (other applicants) told me that they never saw my denial coming because I spoke really well and answered him confidently. I heard after me, he did not even give anybody. as all that came his way were denied.

I am now thinking what went wrong? I can't even place it so I am hoping someone who has experience can tell me what could have happened. is it whot it applying again because I am thinking of applying with my family again.

I also have a newborn. We are all well traveled to at least 4 countries except for the new born. The only relieve I have now is that I am as confident as ever because I believe those consulars can't even challenge me intellectually, they are just normal Americans who believe they are better than us, which is actually wrong.

I feel like I lost a battle to lesser person who couldn't rise to a challenge.

I am so vexed right now, that I am beginning to think..... will I ever visit the USA?
From your travel history, your journey to Turkey may be the reason for denial
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by mavinc4u(f): 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2017
olumig:
From your travel history, your journey to Turkey may be the reason for denial

I don't think so. I think it has something to do with how much he earns. He earns 6 million a year and want to spend 1 million just on vacation with his family which is also not possible.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by olumig(m): 11:58am On Aug 17, 2017
Maybe, but Turkey or any Anti US country trip is a factor. Two of my colleagues were denied visa despite being sponsored by our company.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by empoweredlady: 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
On my interview at water Carrington crescent lagos(us embassy), I was given visa approval without much questions and didn't have a dime in my account though;I had a sponsor.. tips: don't b too serious, just act as if u re receptionist, meaning" just b friendly with big smiles on Ur face, don't b too serious as if u re going on a wrestling contest. Newyork is not really for tourism, maybe next time let Ur choice places b las vegas or California,better still, just invest d 1million naira in agriculture, US could b painful not UK . Metcheeeeeew

it is really nice to know that someone with almost my same case got their visa
I tap into your grace. Amen
Actually the visa issue got me here today.
I also love the part of you saying we should act like a receptionist.

I was invited to host a red carpet event in California. I want to return to Nigeria after the event. Because I love my job and my peoplease. I have applied for visa. Also my invitation letter from the Us is with me. I have gotten a letter from my employer who admitted that I would be representing the radio station on the red carpet. I will be sponsored by the airline sponsoring the event and the hotel Reservation has being put in place. Please I need advice and more tips on how to get prepared for my interview which slated for 11 September this year.

Thank you
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by empoweredlady: 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
jenti12:
Bro, let me share mine with you.. first attempt I got it and went to US. Second attempt, I removed my salary details and the man denied me...conclusion: Your DS 160 is where the problem is
l
so it is about salary too
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Gbolahanwahab: 11:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
Visa was denied, the consular ask if I collect 250,000naira as salary which I said yes,I don't really no what made me say that,I was going for visitation with my kids,please I need your advice on my next appointment thanks
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by opomulero(m): 11:48am On Sep 24, 2017
olumig:
Maybe, but Turkey or any Anti US country trip is a factor. Two of my colleagues were denied visa despite being sponsored by our company.

This is not true, US have consulate in turkey issuing visas to the turks, have we not seen pakistani, tajistanis, iranian, and the kuwait being issued visa, unless if there is a travel or visa ban on any country.

Turkey even have there embassy in washington D.C
What if you in the so called anti us countries, wont they give u visa if in have a good reason for it.

As we speak, russians are still going to us to-fro for various things.

To cut my long story short:
US EMBASSY are not the way we think they are.
THEY ANALYSE YOUR TIES, and if it meets there standard or cut off per say, they will grant the visa.

All visa granted or denied has been known d day you submit you ds 160, thay have reviewed all b4 u came for the interview.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by olumig(m): 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
Ok noted, just sharing an experience.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by megastu(m): 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
Thats not true.

My first yankee visa was given when i was earning N2million per annum, but my confidence was like a person earning N10million per annum.
mavinc4u:

I don't think so. I think it has something to do with how much he earns. He earns 6 million a year and want to spend 1 million just on vacation with his family which is also not possible.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by megastu(m): 12:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
Extremely on point.

My clearing agent, in 2013 told me he got an american visa, i was so scared for him that i was thinking he was scammed. I started asking him if he actually got inside the embassy.
kokoye:

Sorry, while you (the intellectual) were denied, some not-so-smart people have been granted U.S visas. This is a mistake some of us Nigerians make - unnecessary arrogance.

Dont go back there with this mindset. At the point of the interview, their word is ye and amen, regardless of their 'intellect'. Sad..but that is the reality we have to deal with. If our country was any better, we wouldnt require a visa to visit the U.S or U.K.

Like someone mentioned earlier, appeal in a respectable manner. This is key. They should ask ask you to re-apply in normal situations.

The U.S embassy does not have time to verify your documents..they are trained to be mind readers and are looking for your confidence - With your demeanor, make them believe you dont send their country and you are going there for a few days to spend your money; you will not hesitate to go somewhere else to spend that money.

Good luck.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by mavinc4u(f): 1:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
megastu:
Thats not true.

My first yankee visa was given when i was earning N2million per annum, but my confidence was like a person earning N10million per annum.

Okay, and how much did you plan to spend and was it with your family or you alone?
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Martmec: 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2017
Pls, house i need help. a mistake was made in the name section when scheduling an interview, the person mistakenly input her name but she already had her visa bfore then then, all efforts to change it proved abortive,,, so i proceeded to the embassy on the day of the interview but wasn't allowed to enter because of that error. tried all i could, still. So i refilled another form, paid another fee but when i was about to schedule the appointment, i was told that my details match the one in their database. help a sister, am so furious. i hv written to them on several ocassions to cancel the first one so that i can proceed with this one, but it isn't working.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by HRprof: 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2017
Send a mail to them with your feedback request on the appiontment site for the correction , there are some update that is not permitted for applicant to do except from them . I have same issue when I try to update my new passport number but couldn't do it and I have to send mail for the update and they responded and updated it for me
Martmec:
Pls, house i need help. a mistake was made in the name section when scheduling an interview, the person mistakenly input her name but she already had her visa bfore then then, all efforts to change it proved abortive,,, so i proceeded to the embassy on the day of the interview but wasn't allowed to enter because of that error. tried all i could, still. So i refilled another form, paid another fee but when i was about to schedule the appointment, i was told that my details match the one in their database. help a sister, am so furious. i hv written to them on several ocassions to cancel the first one so that i can proceed with this one, but it isn't working.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Martmec: 9:45pm On Dec 30, 2017
Thanks for the rapid response, I have tried and tried @ tyms I just feel lyk crying and even yelling at my friend that made dah mistake buh then, I remember that she was just trying to help. U won't understand how frustrating it is, can't someone go to the embassy without being invited for an interview so that I can talk to them one on one.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Martmec: 9:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
HRprof:
Send a mail to them with your feedback request on the appiontment site for the correction , there are some update that is not permitted for applicant to do except from them . I have same issue when I try to update my new passport number but couldn't do it and I have to send mail for the update and they responded and updated it for me

I have written severally, i dnt knw y its taking them too long. at tyms, they tell me that my case is closed. mxm
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by odimbannamdi(m): 11:09pm On Jan 23, 2018
Abdulrafii:
Hnnnnnmmm...I can see people posting about US Visa. I have an extenuating story to share too. First, I am a muslim with two Muslim names and those who are well informed about the US embassy, u will know the possibility of me getting it 10%. My First application was in Belfast, northern Ireland, United Kingdom. I had 8k quid in my barclays bank account and 1year 3months UK Visa on my passport, a fresh masters student of Petroleum and Gas Engineering of University of Manchester UK, paid 20k quid for school fees already, 6k quid for 1year accommodation. ... With all this, i felt i dont have a reason to be denied. I went for the interview and infact i answered all the questions to the extent that the consular was laughed profusely.. I just felt i was going to be approved visa but ehhhhmmmm this man excused me for about 5minutes and came back to say he is sorry he couldnt approve me. He couldnt even look at me. I smiled and said to him "Mr Consular you dont have to feel bad, I understand you have granted alot of visas to people today, I will try my luck next time, He looked shocked and couldnt say a word, I left shaking and terribly disappointed. 7months later, my cohorts applied for a conference visa in embassy in London and they were all given 2years. This heightened my motivation, I also applied for a conference visa, went to the embassy in London. I answered all the questions too and it was same denial. I asked the woman consular this time why i was denied and she asked me to read the paper she gave me. I left the embassy and said to myself it was a deadlock and i wasnt gon apply again. But as my visa in the UK ran out, I became terribly scared, I didnt want to go back to Nigeria and start looking for Job, and Jobs in the Uk are hide and seek... This time my course was rounding off in 2weeks and i knew I may be forced to go back to Nigeria. This time I had about 650quid in ma account, my house accommodation was running out that same month and had just 3month 2weeks visa left in my passport. My friends told me I wont just be denied, but my passport will be seized because its obvious i was too desperate....Hnnnnmmm, unfortunately two of our friends applied for visitation and they were also denied that period which should make me never wanna apply again cos they told them at the embassy their course was finishing in 2weeks. I just woke up one of this days and felt its better to know i tried and was denied rather than to accept DENIAL. I registered for a conference in the US that same day and applied for another conference visa. It will also interest you to know when i applied for the visa, i didnt upload a passport. I was given an appointment day and you will be shocked to hear the only document i went to the embassy with aside the visa form was the conference invitation letter. Didnt print any bank statement or any school letter. I went for appointment and the only thing the beautiful lady asked me was what i was going to do in the US and my invitation letter. I gave her and asked her if she wanted me to tell her anything she said was fine. After a couple of minutes, she said my visa was approved. At first i thought i was hallucinating but then i realised VISA APPLICATION IS JUST LUCK......Never loose hope, always keep trying, there is power is persistence

Revealing!
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by BrahamMedia(m): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
Limaoscar:
It's all over your post but I will say the KEY turn-off is you re-aplying after 5 months for a "Tourist" visa when it was not an Emergency Medical issue or an important course you already paid for with proof or some business meeting(even though technically you were not wrong). Were you going for summer, winter, spring...? The one thing a consular officer will see even if He/She is an intern is a big screaming DESSPERATION!

Travel somewhere else for the next 2 years or more. Make your first trip alone by applying to attend a show, seminar or conference etc and the next time you apply you child would probably be old enough to run around and speak to the visa officer when he starts lecturing them about Disney characterscheesy ........So deal is, plan to go to Florida in the East Coast. Sunshine state baby! and spend at least one week in Florida and you can travel the rest of the time to your dream NY state or any of the several hundred vacation spots here in the US. Blessings!

This true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Foam In Anthony Village Is As A Result Of Tanker Accident- LASG / Photos From The Mass Burial Of Madonna Students Burnt To Death In Road Accident / Why Can't All Roads In Lagos State Be Like The Roads In Alausa, Ikeja? (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.