Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:31 AM

Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder (30919 Views)

Fashola Blames Jonathan For Lekki-ikoyi Robbery / Fashola Blames Lagosians For Delayed Projects / Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by fkaz(m): 7:14am On Mar 02, 2013
Commercial motorcycle transportation, popularly known as okada, is once again in the eye of the storm following the brutal murder of singer and student, Damino Damoche, last Thursday in Lagos by gunmen on Okada.
Before Damoche’s murder, okada activities had been restricted inthe state, and now, the state governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola, is using the Damoche murder as an opportunity to campaign against Okada riding.
Condemning the gruesome killing of the singer cum student, Fashola urged residents to see reason for restriction of commercial Okada operators in the state. He said that the recent murder and previous ones buttressed the state government’s objectives of taming crime through the new road traffic law which restricts the activities of commercial motorcycle popularly called Okada.
“Most dastardly acts are perpetrated with the use of okada so residents have to be security conscious and on their guard all the time. On Thursday, Damino Damoche was shot at the entrance gate of LASU. Those who perpetrated the evil act used Okada.
“Just one month ago, a medical doctor was killed by some armed men who were riding Okada. The doctor would have been of benefit to those in need of medical services. “Some people may be saying that the ban on Okada has rendered them useless.
Is this a suitable business, a business that has led to the death of many who could contribute effectively to the development of the country especially Lagos State?” Lamenting further, he said, “Those who perpetrate these evil acts aren’t spirits.
We (Lagos residents) are the ones offering them shelter when they come to the state.” “Anyone you suspect doesn’t live in your neighbourhood, report such people to the nearest police station, the chairman of their Community Development Area, CDA, and landlords should ensure that they don’t rent their house to criminals.”
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/fashola-blames-okada-for-damoches-murder/
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Tigerhead: 7:47am On Mar 02, 2013
Trust Fashola to blame okada. Lord save us from these fake over hyped people.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by gbadexy(m): 8:16am On Mar 02, 2013
The man is a politician na.
I'm sure they must have briefed him also about the reprisal killings which confirms that the slain musician too has strong affiliation to the group.
He will use the opportunity well for maximum political advantage.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Ejine(m): 8:23am On Mar 02, 2013
Is this man an idiiot?

I blame Wole Soyinka for Damoche's murder.

And guess what? As crazy as mine sounds, it is actually closer to the truth than Fashola's wink

63 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Ejine(m): 8:25am On Mar 02, 2013
gbadexy: The man is a politician na.
I'm sure they must have briefed him also about the reprisal killings which confirms that the slain musician too has strong affiliation to the group.
He will use the opportunity well for maximum political advantage.

I swear! These politicians don't know when to stop.

Reminds me of that criminal who said Boko Haram was a noble revolution.
Funny enough, the guy na ACN sef. grin

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Maxymilliano(m): 8:30am On Mar 02, 2013
Buck passing...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by gratiaeo(m): 8:33am On Mar 02, 2013
Fashola must be HIGH on WEEDS! Ok let also blame Okada on 2pac, B I G and others .......
What a cheap political point

11 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by takedat(m): 8:42am On Mar 02, 2013
Maxymilliano: Bulk passing...
Sir, how is this buck passing? Making people see one of the evils of Okada, and using the guy's tragic death as an example to sensitize Lagosians who are against the ban, shouldn't be seen as buck passing!

15 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Pygru: 8:44am On Mar 02, 2013
Hmm
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by gramci: 8:51am On Mar 02, 2013
take dat: Sir, how is this buck passing? Making people see one of the evils of Okada, and using the guy's tragic death as an example to sensitize Lagosians who are against the ban, shouldn't be seen as buck passing!

See them, we should blame vehicle owners for kidnapping.

23 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Ejine(m): 8:54am On Mar 02, 2013
gramci:

Or kitchen knife makers for domestic violence.

These people worship and defend everything their propaganda hero does, even if they end up looking quite dumb.

16 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by gratiaeo(m): 9:03am On Mar 02, 2013
Ejiné:

These people worship and defend everything their propaganda hero does, even if they end up looking quite dumb.
I have said it and I'll say it again "Fashola is overrated" we should also blame car makers for accident on our road.... Who do we blame for Bola Ige, funsho William was also killed with Okada....
Wetin person no go hear for this Naija

15 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by pimplucious: 9:03am On Mar 02, 2013
Fashola is just an escapist enjoying grace from shallow mided people. U get heinous crimes like this go unchecked when necessary security measures are jettisoned. U can't check crimes or govern successfully if u dnt run a comprehensive database. Too weak to think old heads presiding over an equally too lazy to reason majority.

13 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by kross01(m): 9:06am On Mar 02, 2013
any other thing except accepting that the security was not up to the task is acceptable i guess. What happened to all those RRS guys that speed about in pairs on bikes, shldnt a place as strategic as LASU have some of them around there? I bet they are only good in pursuing traffic offenders that wld yield money. Oga BRF lets blame the gun makers & d bullet makers too, after that we should ban vehicles & houses(kidnappers use those too)

14 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by gramci: 9:11am On Mar 02, 2013
This man de take am

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by takedat(m): 9:13am On Mar 02, 2013
gramci:

Thanks for quoting my post! Numpty!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 02, 2013
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by gramci: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2013
take dat: Thanks for quoting my post! Numpty!

Why not pop champagne, since I quoted your post. Adamu cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2013
. .
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by misterh(m): 9:29am On Mar 02, 2013
I am disappointed in Fashola for saying this. Even if okada had not been invented @ all, his killers would have devised another means to eliminate him. This is like calling a dog a bad name in order to hang it.

11 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Tolexander: 9:30am On Mar 02, 2013
fashola goofed!
Crime on motorcycle sometimes are not due to the commercial motocycle but private ones. Just like anyman can take his private car to commit a crime.

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by oloriooko(m): 9:32am On Mar 02, 2013
What if they had used glorified okada (power bike), he would have blamed charley boy or if they had used keke napep, he would have blamed maruwa for it abi?

Fashola is beginning to play mind games on lagosians trying to get support for his gruesome decision to ban okada.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by solomon111(m): 9:33am On Mar 02, 2013
Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by ChibuzoIkenna(m): 9:36am On Mar 02, 2013
Am highly disappointed with some of us on Nairaland! We just go on ranting, without thinking.....
Fashola is showing you the way to political and economic freedom and we r resisting..... Smh

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by bigfat05: 9:36am On Mar 02, 2013
[size=15pt]this is great nobody is supporting FASHOLA'S comment on DAMOCHE'S MURDER ..THIS IS A REVOLUTION.WAOH...[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by pekelepekele(m): 9:37am On Mar 02, 2013
Kai this our Fashola don start again Okada or no Okada person no go use 1 day pass the day he will die and why not blame it on Cultism that would have sound better

In addition like the day armed robbers snatched my vehicle was it Okada they used , what about people entering one chance bus daily very funny comment from a state Governor. SAY NO TO CULTISM!!!

11 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by OmoTier1(m): 9:38am On Mar 02, 2013
This statement goes to show Fashola's sophistication in governance. Here in the UK and even in the US, you often see and hear politicians use an incident to promote a government piece of legislation and to drive home their message why it is highly needed. And it helps keep the issues at the fore front and people continue to discuss it and expose themselves towhat the legislation is all about. It has achieved success for most of these politicians down here and no doubt this is exactly what Fashola was trying to do.

His message about community policing by the citizen is very important. A situation where some particular people will go to the village and bring 15 people back with them to lagos to come squat in the name of doing business, hustling etc and after a few days you can't find them anymore. Yet people are wondering why crime in Lagos is suddenly on the increase. Those that live in that neighbourhood should rightly inform the police and security agencies so they keep an eye on such peeps.

This was how people from Akwa-Ibom invaded the GRA in Benin with their brothers and sisters all in the name of squatting and doing Okada business during the day and the once very peaceful GRA with its lovely greens became a zone of constant robbery!

14 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Saksreal(f): 9:39am On Mar 02, 2013
Ejiné:

I couldnt agree less

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by bigx(m): 9:40am On Mar 02, 2013
Next thing somebody would blame Guns
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by sunnyp1(m): 9:41am On Mar 02, 2013
Let think about all this shit....
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by bankyblue(m): 9:41am On Mar 02, 2013
The work is getting into is head he need rest

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pres.GEJ And Patience Jonathan Hit The Gym Ahead Of Abuja Jogging Today(photos) / Photos From APC National Convention In Abuja / Deji Adeyanju Finally Released From Prison. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.