Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,421 members, 7,954,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:54 AM

Where Is Dora Akunyili? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Dora Akunyili? (1822 Views)

Is Dora Akunyili New Aviation Minister? / Peter Obi’s Sordid Affair With Dora Akunyili / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Dora Akunyili? by anitank(f): 12:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
Her name was a household name during my University days when she was the Director General of National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and even after. Her work was recognized throughout Africa and beyond which merited her so many awards.

But ever since she ran for election as Senator for Anambra Central on the All Progressive Grand Alliance[APGA] platform in April 2011 but was defeated by Chris Ngige of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Her name has gradually left the lips of the same Nigerians who commended her for her works. Even the media has no more current news on her.
What happened?
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by andresia(m): 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
Leaking her wounds cheesy she has leant dat there is no way she can defeat onwa in anambra state. Ngige is a grassroot man whlie cross eyed Dora was an Abuja politician and now Abuja has no need of her
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by Rossikk(m): 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
Licking her wounds you mean.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by greedie1(f): 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2013
andresia: Leaking her wounds cheesy she has leant dat there is no way she can defeat onwa in anambra state. Ngige is a grassroot man whlie cross eyed Dora was an Abuja politician and now Abuja has no need of her
who is ngige?? abegi!!
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by andresia(m): 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
Rossikk: Licking her wounds you mean.
Fenqu bro, sometimes shit happens
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
anitank: Her name was a household name during my University days when she was the Director General of National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and even after. Her work was recognized throughout Africa and beyond which merited her so many awards.

But ever since she ran for election as Senator for Anambra Central on the All Progressive Grand Alliance[APGA] platform in April 2011 but was defeated by Chris Ngige of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Her name has gradually left the lips of the same Nigerians who commended her for her works. Even the media has no more current news on her.
What happened?

She is an irrelevant has-been who has nothing to offer. I must say she is also a very arrogant and uncouth woman, based on a brief interraction with her by yours truly.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by Afam4eva(m): 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
She's neither a DG of NAFDAC or a minister, do you don't expect her name to be as pronounced as it used to be. The way i see it, Peter Obi will leave the seat for her when his tenure is complete, Then she'll be back to prominence.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by greedie1(f): 2:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
no i don't think peter ll leave d seat for her.... he is d reason why she didn't win in d first place.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by obowunmi(m): 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
Traveling around the world, spending Nigeria's money.

Her son went to Columbia University and is married to a Allison Madueke's niece....why are you worried? they are certainly not worried about you.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by andresia(m): 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva: She's neither a DG of NAFDAC or a minister, do you don't expect her name to be as pronounced as it used to be. The way i see it, Peter Obi will leave the seat for her when his tenure is complete, Then she'll be back to prominence.

Lol @obi leaving d seat for, dreamer! But seriously, pipul like you are d problem we have in dis country. So arrogant, despotic and silly. Leave d seat for her just like dat without recourse to d pipull of d state. Chei!
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by Afam4eva(m): 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2013
andresia:

Lol @obi leaving d seat for, dreamer! But seriously, pipul like you are d problem we have in dis country. So arrogant, despotic and silly. Leave d seat for her just like dat without recourse to d pipull of d state. Chei!
Common sense should suggest to you that i meant that he will support her cos they're in the same party. of course the people of the state will be the ones to determine who governs them.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by greedie1(f): 2:49pm On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva: Common sense should suggest to you that i meant that he will support her cos they're in the same party. of course the people of the state will be the ones to determine who governs them.
she won't even win d primaries.... so many strong, young and vibrant contenders..

i like the woman sha.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by Afam4eva(m): 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2013
gree-die:

she won't even win d primaries.... so many strong, young and vibrant contenders..

i like the woman sha.
Who are the contenders in APGA. She stands a very good chance of being APGAs candidate. She's very close to Peter Obi and the powers that be in Anambra APGA.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by greedie1(f): 3:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva: Who are the contenders in APGA. She stands a very good chance of being APGAs candidate. She's very close to Peter Obi and the powers that be in Anambra APGA.
undeniably..... but der is dis tin called zoning... victor, peter and a host of odas r from anaocha lga. last election,dey complained bitterly dat most of d contenders were from agulu/ anaocha... i don't think dey ll give in dis tym.

and i fear she ll be caught in d middle of the war bw obi and umeh.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by Afam4eva(m): 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2013
gree-die:

undeniably..... but der is dis tin called zoning... victor, peter and a host of odas r from anaocha lga. last election,dey complained bitterly dat most of d contenders were from agulu/ anaocha... i don't think dey ll give in dis tym.

and i fear she ll be caught in d middle of the war bw obi and umeh.
There's no zoning in APGA. Zoning only exists in PDP. We can't sacrifice quality for zonal consideration. It's either Dora or Soludo for me. Others are counterfeit.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by greedie1(f): 3:21pm On Mar 02, 2013
u think so? i know differently. personally i'd go for dora but i don't think she ll make it.
soludo? i lyk nothing about that man.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by Afam4eva(m): 3:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
gree-die:
u think so? i know differently. personally i'd go for dora but i don't think she ll make it.
soludo? i lyk nothing about that man.
So, who are you tipping for Anambra?
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by asha80(m): 3:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
what about EGO NA EKWU politician ifeanyi uba ?
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by greedie1(f): 3:33pm On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, who are you tipping for Anambra?
there is this young man that wants to contest under apga, john nwosu, his resume is good, he is new and fresh. wats more? its been rumoured dat he may end d discord bw umeh and obi, since they both ve nothing against him..... he may get my vote,depending on how he campaigns.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by greedie1(f): 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
asha 80: what about EGO NA EKWU politician ifeanyi uba ?
he needs to clear his name first.

btw, thought virgy etiaba's son was eyeing the gubernatorial seat, why isn't he contesting,or is he?
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by Afam4eva(m): 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
gree-die:

there is this young man that wants to contest under apga, john nwosu, his resume is good, he is new and fresh. wats more? its been rumoured dat he may end d discord bw umeh and obi, since they both ve nothing against him..... he may get my vote,depending on how he campaigns.
What does John Nwosu do. What has he done and what will he do? We can't keep gambling with our lives. The reason why i'm tipping Dora and Soludo is because they've been tested and have performed in NAFDAC and CBN respectively. We not only want a good administrator like Peter Obi but a technocrat.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by asha80(m): 3:40pm On Mar 02, 2013
gree-die:

he needs to clear his name first.

btw, thought virgy etiaba's son was eyeing the gubernatorial seat, why isn't he contesting,or is he?
abeg no mind lol.of course i know about his dealings right from where he made his money from sharp practices off diamond sector in dr congo.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by greedie1(f): 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
What does John Nwosu do. What has he done and what will he do? We can't keep gambling with our lives. The reason why i'm tipping Dora and Soludo is because they've been tested and have performed in NAFDAC and CBN respectively. We not only want a good administrator like Peter Obi but a technocrat.
he is a technocrat... he is into IT stuff or so, ll find out. he hasn't been tested but obi had no political history too before we voted him in.
wat exactly did soludo do? u believed dat african taiwan crap?
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by Afam4eva(m): 3:49pm On Mar 02, 2013
gree-die:

he is a technocrat... he is into IT stuff or so, ll find out. he hasn't been tested but obi had no political history too before we voted him in.
wat exactly did soludo do? u believed dat african taiwan crap?
Soludo did his best in CBN and from his manifesto when he contested the last time, he knew the potentials that Anambra possessed and surely knows how to tap into those potentials to make the state one of the major commercial and industrial cities not just in Africa but the world. I like people with tall dreams.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by strangest(m): 4:02pm On Mar 02, 2013
I weep for anambra... The only crime dora committed was to lock up the shops of fake drug sellers in onitsha... Trying to save us from fake drugs..@op why are you looking for her? You be kidnapper?
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by greedie1(f): 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
she didn't commit any crime, ple just don't value wat dey have.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by Acidosis(m): 6:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
obowunmi: Traveling around the world, spending Nigeria's money.

Her son went to Columbia University and is married to a Allison Madueke's niece.... why are you worried? they are certainly not worried about you.

lol ..BUT they are spending Nigeria's money grin
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by FreeGlobe(f): 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
strangest: I weep for anambra... The only crime dora committed was to lock up the shops of fake drug sellers in onitsha... Trying to save us from fake drugs..@op why are you looking for her? You be kidnapper?
Dora Akunyili is a sycophant and cannot be trusted. She is fraudulent too. she tried to rig the senatorial election. Her political career is over in Anambra and she knows it. She has announced she is not contesting. Whether anybody likes it or not Soludo for 2014 through pdp. the emergence of Aninih (Anene) as pdp BOT even favors him. Anambra must be great.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by asha80(m): 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Dora Akunyili is a sycophant and cannot be trusted. She is fraudulent too. she tried to rig the senatorial election. Her political career is over in Anambra and she knows it. She has announced she is not contesting. Whether anybody likes it or not Soludo for 2014 through pdp. the emergence of Aninih (Anene) as pdp BOT even favors him. Anambra must be great.
that means andy uba is shaking to his pants now about emergence of anenih?
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by FreeGlobe(f): 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
asha 80: that means andy uba is shaking to his pants now about emergence of anenih?
Lol. Andy Uba is my Godfather but I'd rather he remains in the Senate. Soludo seems like he has a great plan for the state which I support
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by akintun: 10:02pm On Mar 02, 2013
She is enjoying all d money she stole while in office. She spent all her time in Nafdac bribing press men instead of working, and dat was why she was made minister of information.
Re: Where Is Dora Akunyili? by strangest(m): 12:20am On Mar 03, 2013
FreeGlobe:

The funny thing is that the likes of you are the ones that supported Ngige over her... meanwhile you fail to forget that Ngige is still that monster that agreed to an evil covenant with his boss at the alusi okija, he still betrayed his Boss even after the agreement in front of the pagan shrine... I just wonder the type of betrayal that we will get from the gentleman that built Old Englishe hotel on Anambra's money...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Musiwa: Uhrobo And Itsekiri noway fish, we think Asari Dokubo Is A Mad Man / Why FG Wants ASUU Strike To Continue / Apc Still Leading In Anambra Election- New Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.