Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Games You Played As A Child? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Games You Played As A Child? (17029 Views)

I Have 4 Spirits Guarding Me, I Had A Child At 19 – Ooni Of Ife / Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? / A Man Cannot Claim A Child If He Did Not Marry The Mother (igbos Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Games You Played As A Child? by niniman(m): 12:49am On Mar 21, 2008
I played football [stopped last may because of injury],table soccer,still playing table tennis.i like lawn tennis,swimming and volleyball but not really good at it. I do play draught,ludo and the cards game too
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by senetee(m): 1:18am On Mar 21, 2008
Interesting,
ok my list,
the vroom chase(boring to some) arranging 3 slippers per participant, using them as vehicle pedals i.e accelerator, clutch and brake. We would mimic engine sounds and use a chair and a round plastic cover as the steering wheel and use our shoulders as body panels hitting the other participants car(body shoulder) like we were in a car chase. -- me n my broses loved motoring then.

ludo

hide n seek

next - 5 a piece neighborhood football using health balls

bicycle race even with no brakes with our feet as substitutes

much older in jss imagine oo-- BIRO GAME - wrestling pens on table tops

Then came the nintendo era - Game boy with the green screen. Had wonderful games like Motorcross Maniacs, Zelda, Snoopy's magic show, MK, Super MArio Land etc

Also table tennis ,aah i was a local champ,which was promptly disassembled when my school results became ugly.
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by busygirl(f): 1:39am On Mar 21, 2008
X and O
tEN-ten
hide and seek
"who stole d meat from the cooking pot" don't know the name though. . . .
Card game DONKEY
I was a chairman in playing SUPER MARIO and AN EXECUTIVE in playing MORTAL COMBAT
police and thief . . . .can't remember all though, but there was loads!
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by lucabrasi(m): 1:58am On Mar 21, 2008
mortal kombat,
sub zero at your service smiley

street fighter i was always sung lee or e honda
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by dreeldee: 6:10am On Mar 21, 2008
i played table soccer with papers

i played lawn tennis with improvised rackets broken wood pieces

i remember corks we called counters,

the husband and wife with my female cousins was also fun

police and thief

boju boju grin

suwe

skipping rope

less i forgot, the left and right hand-held games, brick games and ofcourse mortal kombat
my favorite character was noob saibot and smoke the up and down control thing
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by earthrealm(m): 6:34am On Mar 21, 2008
lizard hunting grin
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by dreeldee: 6:36am On Mar 21, 2008
earthrealm:

lizard hunting grin

you be chinese? wey u dey pursue lizard
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by paleksman(m): 8:53am On Mar 21, 2008
wink ten ten with the gals
cheesy boju boju
cool police and thief
grin green light red light
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by janami(f): 9:06am On Mar 21, 2008
paleksman:

wink ten ten with the gals

na from small? lol

played ten ten
X and O
Hide and seek
tinko tinko
suwe. (who remembers that one?)
hangman(to help my vocabulary)
Truth or dare
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by brotherL: 9:11am On Mar 21, 2008
HI DEAR,
I am ver happy to join in in NAIRALAND FORUM.infact i will like to know more about you.today is Good friday the day that JESUS CHRIST die for us sins.
hope to hear from you.
thanks.
brotherl2000@yahoo.com
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by justbones(m): 10:06am On Mar 21, 2008
men i used to play police and thieves,
but mostly brick games. i mean there was this time my neighbour wanted to exchange his gameboy and 3 catridges with my brick game and i told him NO because the brick game used 2 batteries and the gameboy used Four
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by romsky: 10:18am On Mar 21, 2008
Come to tink of it , this makes me feel ancient cos the new generation kids don't do wat we enjoyed den.
 I rememba boju - boju, suwe, ten ten, fairy tales, milo master, who is in d garden, cop & thief, truth or dare, 2,4,6 to make, , bread & butter baske, , cooking with used tin tomatoes & leaves (vegetable) & feeding thru d jaws.
Back to school - bata sandals- container was the shoe of the day before basket.
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by denony(m): 11:38am On Mar 21, 2008
Mine is very different grin,

i married a lot of girls then, when doing mummy and daddy of a thing and u know na! wink
Childhood days are very sweet, i use to play ball from morning till night and never get tired that my mum will start searching for me to come and have my breakfast.

we use to pursue lizard, I enjoy the shouting when pursuing them.
I enjoyed building mud house, I know how to design mine, catch grasscutter and put them inside there as the landlord. smiley

we also played ludo, swell, and lots of them.

Its the most enjoyable time, that can be remembered anytime, anyday, anywhere.

CHECK ME OUT FOR MORE STORY lipsrsealed
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by Ibime(m): 11:58am On Mar 21, 2008
senetee:

bicycle race even with no brakes with our feet as substitutes

Hehehe - I remember this one.

We also played Ballay Ay!
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by chychy(f): 12:15pm On Mar 21, 2008
ten-ten
suwe
hide n seek
my brothers n i used 2 even act the mass
we played voltron
and so many others that do not even have names,
\

this topic has got me reminiscing, childhood was sweet, no care in d world, mum and dad always there 2 provide cheesy, unlike now when i'm thinkin of bf, work, and making a name 4 myself.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by PurestBoy(m): 12:17pm On Mar 21, 2008
Mummy and Daddy and we'll wrapped ourselves with my mum's wrapper. My mum beat hell out of me when the game was turning into something else.
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by spoilt(f): 12:18pm On Mar 21, 2008
i used to stone lizards too. i killed an agama once. didnt really mean to. i was traumatized!  cry

We also rolled tyres down the hill. That was fun. I climbed trees like a monkey. We used to live in those trees. My mom would beg us to come down to eat. The things we did!
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by Scopium: 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2008
PurestBoy:

Mummy and Daddy and we'll wrapped ourselves with my mum's wrapper. My mum beat hell out of me when the game was turning into something else.

[size=13pt]What was it turning into? Most people played the dirty version of hide and seek especially in the night.[/size]
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by Jids(m): 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2008
Gone are those lovely old day at Obalende (capital of Lagos, lol),

flying kite
Suwe
Fishing
street football
Kenke Elegba and Adabo (high jump on the street)
Card game (WHOT)
Ludo
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by TheSly: 2:11pm On Mar 21, 2008

you be chinese? wey u dey pursue lizard

Lol. . . . .LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . , LOl. . . . . Ski. . . ski. . .ski. . .Lol. . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I killed lots of lizards. . . .Penguin. . .Owl. . .Snake and i poisoned so many chickenz that wont let me sleep in the hostel!
Chased lots of grasshoppers,. . . dragon fly! cheesy
In about 30chickens the lecturer had. . . I poisoned 23 overnight due to the fact that they were making hella annoying noise which i detest! angry

I played ''Statue" . . .very nice game!
I played. . Bird cage. . .and Rain ballz. . . cool cool
The Acrobat. . .
Baba kale ooo! cool cool cool

Bicycle race. . .we started the race with just the tyre and a stick. . .Then we graduated to a BMX bicycle. . .
I can recollect the time we drove the bike to a chick's place and along the road. . My friend's bk got broken. .
So their was a chick standing along the road when the bike got destroyed and . . .

She told us to go and get a cello-tape to re-join the bike. . . angry i was like wtf? angry angry angry
I played mommy & Daddy as well. . . . Both Clean version and the Explicit version. . . . .hope you know what i mean. . .
May God forgive us all!
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by Gamine(f): 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2008
Whats this boju boju game people are talking about? undecided

We used to play picnic, act movies
We were pirates, we were robbers
Gosh
We Played with evrything!
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by lucabrasi(m): 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2008
act james bond,act wrestling(had a fractured ankle to show for it)boju boju s playing catch?i guess, monopoly.playing ghost white a white cloth over our heads trying to scare the girls smiley
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by Kemjisuper(m): 3:03pm On Mar 21, 2008
We used to play "Voltron". Choose your lion, ride out to face the enemy, form Blazing sword!

Yeah I remember Super Mario (I still hold the best record till date), Duck Hunt, Street fighters, etc

@Gamine
What's up! Nice bumping into you again on Nairaland, it's been a while.

Cheers
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by omega25red(m): 3:20pm On Mar 21, 2008
@top kin where in festac do you live i grew up in festac too 322 road to be exact maybe we played together who knows
anyway red light green
skipping rope
hide and seek
funniest name now that i think of it "janglover" teeter totter or see saw and some people call it
police and theif
can't remeber the name of the game where we all get pieces of sticks and someone hides them and a circle is drawn so when you find the stck you have don't want to be the last person to run into the circle
we would play wrestling one boy broke an arm from that one
we made race cars from the sugar boxes and milk cans grin
we made voltron lions from drinking straws
we played soccer with the cheap felele ball that would fly in every direction due to the wind
we would plants beans just to watch them grow really fast
remember everone wanted to be a football star and when we played we would call ourselves that football star's name
when it rained, in festac you would make a paper plane go to the highest floor and throw the plane fun times
so many games i miss my childhood in nigeria there is nothing like it.

thanks for the memories
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by mukina2: 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2008
-Church
- i die
police and robbers
gegeh
six aside football
botkidi
i can fly
hunting
hide and seek
six cup
balance ball
street tennis
kick seed
akra
circle game
family grin
stoning people's fruits grin
teasing dogs grin
skipping rope

and a whole lot sad missed those days grin grin
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by dipo2much(m): 3:25pm On Mar 21, 2008
contra and mario
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by lucabrasi(m): 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2008
sega,sega mega drive,
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by Gamine(f): 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2008
@Kemji

Yeah, how bodi?

@Topic

We dropped water bombs on peoples heads
We threw eba on people
We threw banger on people

i wasnt part of this crew, only attempted the water bomb thingy tongue

We used to yab;

You mess, Apple fly gate
You mess, Seven akara form voltron
You mess, All the fish wey dey River naija say, ARe WE safe
You mess, Kulikuli tie wraper
You mess. . . ,

I was part of this crew embarassed tongue
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by hunter777(m): 7:44pm On Mar 21, 2008
grin
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by tunscolo(m): 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2008
i was always the Robin Hood and the super force (Zack). My sword was always made of broom stick and sharpened at the edge. Don't try me.
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by darkey(m): 7:55pm On Mar 21, 2008
suwe
family
boju boju
STOP
Te te(4 d ladies) i did it a couple of times out of curiousity
family com ('badest' game console eva)
who is in the garden?
oba ni ka dawojo, oba ni ka fagun
, to b continued. stay tuned
Re: Games You Played As A Child? by topkin(m): 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2008
Gamine:

We used to yab;

You mess, Apple fly gate
You mess, Seven akara form voltron
You mess, All the fish wey dey River naija say, ARe WE safe
You mess, Kulikuli tie wraper
You mess. . . ,

I was part of this crew embarassed tongue

I remember this so well, , I'm laughing my head off

@ omega25red
Grew up on 23 Road bt was a regular face at 322 cos i attended Nazareth Nur/Pry Sch so i had a lot of friends there that i play whit when walking back home and attended KABE Lessons too.

[size=14pt]Who remembers using TYRES to fight like rams?[/size] If ur tyre falls u loose, if it stands u win. My tyre was named "Mighty Igo"

It makes me feel the kids of these days don't play at all compared to how much we played then. We culd stay up till 8/9pm outside still playing

I do miss those days sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Awards Aregbesola Title Of Omoluabi Of Yorubaland (PHOTOS) / What Is The Origin Of Clapping/applause And Why Is It So Widespread? / Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.