Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,364 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts (4848 Views)

Arms Deal:probe Shifts To Navy, Billions Of Naira Unexecuted Contracts Uncovered / Alleged $2bn Fraud: FG Asks Court To Revoke Dasuki’s Bail / Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Ikengawo: 6:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
Imo State Govt to Revoke Unexecuted Contracts

The Imo State Government has vowed to revoke contracts from contractors who do not deliver their job on time as stipulated in the contract agreement between the parties.

The Commissioner for Lands, Housing and Urban Development; Mr Uche Nwosu disclosed this during a scheduled inspection to some state government’s monumental projects within Owerri, the Imo State capital.

He said it has come to the notice of the state government that some contractors after mobilization by the Government do not move to site as at when due, which in turn delays the completion of the project.

He said apart from the economic importance of these projects, they are also aimed at providing job employment to the unemployed youths in the state. He however warned all contractors to go back to site immediately to prevent any breach of contract.
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/03/03/imo-state-govt-to-revoke-unexecuted-contracts/
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Ikengawo: 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
Imo State to mark Nigeria’s Centenary with 8 units of 16 floor towers
Imo State government has commenced the construction of eight units of 16 floor towers that will be dedicated as centenary projects and is estimated to cost about 10 billion naira.

Governor Okorocha who spoke with journalists after inspecting the projects said that beyond marking the 100 years of existence of Nigeria as a nation, the high rising buildings are also part of the monumental projects planned for execution by his administration.

He said 40 percent of the fund for the construction has been paid by the State government to a Korean company, Hajin Construction Limited, handling the project.
On the economic benefits of the project, Governor Okorocha said it would boost the internally generated revenue of the State, satisfy the desire of Imolites in Diaspora, as well as form a tourist attraction center.

Governor Okorocha pointed out that in addition to the centenary towers, Crystal Hotel, Port Harcourt road, Akachi, Judiciary Headquarters, as well as the Prince and Princess Hotels in Orlu and Okigwe are monumental projects being executed by his administration.

He gave an assurance that all the projects would be completed before the end of his administration.
On the Ahiajioku convention center built by the immediate past administration of Chief Ikedi Ohakim, Governor Okorocha said it would be reconstructed to a shopping mall.
This, he said will not only serve the people living within the vicinity but also the general public.

He used the occasion to assure the people that the Government House will not be moved from its present site, adding that International Conference Hall is to be sited in the area.
Other projects inspected by the Governor are the Kidney Diagnostic Center in Owerri which was built in memory of his father and in keeping fate with his promises to the people of Imo State.
He said that on completion of the project, Nigerians would no more have the need to travel abroad to have kidney transplant.
http://www.imostate.gov.ng/imo-state-news/news_details.php?idx=imo-govt-to-mark-nigeria%E2%80%99s-centenary-with-8-units-of-16-floor-towers-5094142816961#sthash.LHhmyJOz.dpuf
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Ikengawo: 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2013

Tier Govt: Okorocha appoints Liason Officers to Communities
The governor of Imo State, His Excellency, Owelle Rochas has approved the appointment of Government Liaison Officers(GLOs) into the Community Government Council with the task of ensuring that the ‘Rescue’ programmes and policies are replicated in all the Communities of the State.

The appointees include members of Imo State House of Assembly, Commissioners, Special Advisers, Senior Special Assistants, Special Assistants, Executive Assistants, Political and Community leaders and other well-meaning individuals who will represent their respective Communities in the Community Government Council.

The governor has assigned the following responsibilities to the newly appointed GLOs:

1. To identify schools for possible renovation in the Communities
2.To create border between Communities by erecting sign posts
3.To ensure that all the necessary logistics are put in place for effective operations of the Community Government
4.To identify Health Centers for immediate take-over by the host Communities
5.To promote agriculture in the rural communities by identifying and acquiring farmland for large scale agricultural practice.
6.To identify on-going roads projects in their various Communities and to ensure compliance from contractors handling the projects.
7.To promote the activities of the ‘Rescue mission’ government in their various Communities as well as introduce ‘Rescue mission’ slogan/song for peace and unity in Imo State.
8.To engage a surveyor/town planner that will plan each Communities as a city for further developmental with a view to making Imo a one-city State.
9.To re-organize and possibly build a new Community market to encourage trade and other economic activities at the Community level.

However, the responsibilities of the GLOs are not limited to the assignments listed above as the Governor may deem it necessary to assign some other functions to any GLO for the overall good governance of the State.

http://www.imostate.gov.ng/imo-state-news/news_details.php?idx=4th-tier-govt-okorocha-appoints-liason-officers-to-communities-8984342748299#sthash.9OdkAnTm.dpuf
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
Action speaks louder than words.Rochas too make noise.Perform so that the masses will commend you not everyday rainbow promise

6 Likes

Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by ibide(m): 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
I support him if he can keep to his word's
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
Ikengawo, onye otimkpu Rochas. Let his actions speak for him not you. You are to rochas what Sincere nigerian is to GEJ
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by vin4ever(m): 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
I just Hope he do all this......
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Ikengawo: 8:20pm On Mar 03, 2013
I think rochas is an imbe, but he's a good governor. It's good to know what's planned for our state, that's all.
Perhaps you would rather I post about Goldie and Tonto Dike like everyone else
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2013
I wanna be free like a bird
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Onyegecha(f): 8:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
What is the essence of these towers that will gulp all these billions? When will our leaders realize that projects should have a meaningful purpose? Please let someone tell Rochas to feel the heartbeat of his people and provide meaningful development- create self-sustaining industries, renovate schools and health centres build roads and provide water. I am very sure that most Imolites will vote against centenary towers(whatever that means) if they had a say.

1 Like

Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by sirugos(m): 8:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
Too much talk. Okorocha should go and hug ladipo transformer
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Cyberknight: 8:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
More and more rubbish.
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Ikengawo: 8:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
Onyegecha: What is the essence of these towers that will gulp all these billions? When will our leaders realize that projects should have a meaningful purpose? Please let someone tell Rochas to feel the heartbeat of his people and provide meaningful development- create self-sustaining industries, renovate schools and health centres build roads and provide water. I am very sure that most Imolites will vote against centenary towers(whatever that means) if they had a say.
tower fight traffic because all of your needs are within walking distance as opposed to food being across town, your flat being on the other side and your work on the other.
more importantly they help deal with housing, and attract high end business
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by RECO: 8:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
Time to escalate fake contractors in gov
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Onyegecha(f): 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
My dear, Ikengawo, please get to my level. I still don't understand how the common man will benefit from these bogus projects. Why is it that this government does not consider the needs of the people? I wonder what democracy is all about if it's not about the people.
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
Onyegecha: What is the essence of these towers that will gulp all these billions? When will our leaders realize that projects should have a meaningful purpose? Please let someone tell Rochas to feel the heartbeat of his people and provide meaningful development- create self-sustaining industries, renovate schools and health centres build roads and provide water. I am very sure that most Imolites will vote against centenary towers(whatever that means) if they had a say.

^^^I would have been happier about the towers, hotels and shopping complex projects if i could see some basic infrastructure (that have been on the cards since last year) being completed; like those township roads in Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe that we saw the pics of last year......last i saw, they were graded and left like that with all sorts of annoying excuses being given like- rainy season and unserious contractors; if they've been finished, where are the pics? Also by now, i had wanted to see construction work starting in all the LGAs of model primary and secondary schools (like the one completed in Owerri); didn't Rochas say he was going to replicate this model in all the LGAs? I also want to see work on new hospitals and clinics, and upgrading of existing ones; at least one per LGA.

Very soon Rochas (next moth i think) would have past the halfway mark, and i'm getting tired of hearing policy pronouncements and 'will-do-will-do' talk; in two years of Rotimi Amaechis' administration you could see the progress of work on hospitals/clinics, schools and roads.

On the highrise buildings, 5-star hotels in Owerri/Orlu/Okigwe, and the shopping mall: can anyone provide pics or a link to the renders/designs of these projects? For projects costing this much, i'm surprised there are no renders available so we see exactly what we're getting.

1 Like

Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Sunnycliff(m): 9:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
Onyegecha, what is your problem? Will you compare Rochas to any state Governor with such monumental projects. Why dont we like good things.All these you mentioned who told you 6hat he has not started any of them? lets be reasonable and logical for once!

1 Like

Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Afam4eva(m): 9:31pm On Mar 03, 2013
I've been a Rochas supporter from the get go and have waited to see that he fulfils his campaign promises but unfortunately, i don't know how far he has gone because i've not seen photos to that effect. Apart from the photos that Abagworo posted of Orlu and the picture of the world-class secondary school in Owerri, i've not seen anything else. Pls anyone with pictures should post them cos i'm running out of patience. I'm still giving Rochas the benefit of the doubt and he should not dissapoint cos i still hold him in high esteem. E remain small make Okija juju convert me.
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
no wonder I saw some contractors coming back to site . There's dis road dey abandoned I was surprise when I saw contractors working again on that road .
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by kingblosky: 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
I cry everyday for my people . Prince n Princess Hotel , Tower , International conference center. How does this affect my uncle in Ngor okpala ?. Na wa for this Rochas Iscariot and his Alliance of Pure Criminals (APC).
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Okijajuju1(m): 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
Rochas is still a clown... # Nuff Said...

How will those 8 units of 16 storey towers affect the life of that woman who he bought roadside corn from?! revoke contracts that were awarded to under qualified contractors in the name of 'ima mmadu'. What about the monies paid to the contractors? He is busy painting roads in Owerri, building street gates and putting up sign boards all over the place.

Did you know that In Owerri, for every 5 highway billboards you see, 3.5 has Rochas on it.

He is looking for schools to renovate, I think it's time for me to put up the pictures of the state of Public schools in IMO State, taken from a Job research I and my colleague did. I will scan my laptop for the photos tomorrow.

@Afam; Hurry and join the side of light and truth o! grin

Rochas is the more you hear, the less you see..

1 Like

Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Ejine(m): 10:30pm On Mar 03, 2013
@Ikengawo's 2nd Post:

I still don't understand why our leaders are dumb enough to want to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the day our cultural land boundaries were disregarded by a melanin-deficient piglet bastaarrd who came to set rules on a land that neither belonged to his bastaarrd father nor his country.

1 Like

Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Ejine(m): 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2013
Okija_juju: Rochas is still a clown... # Nuff Said...

How will those 8 units of 16 storey towers affect the life of that woman who he bought roadside corn from?! revoke contracts that were awarded to under qualified contractors in the name of 'ima mmadu'. What about the monies paid to the contractors? He is busy painting roads in Owerri, building street gates and putting up sign boards all over the place.

Did you know that In Owerri, for every 5 highway billboards you see, 3.5 has Rochas on it.

He is looking for schools to renovate, I think it's time for me to put up the pictures of the state of Public schools in IMO State, taken from a Job research I and my colleague did. I will scan my laptop for the photos tomorrow.

@Afam; Hurry and join the side of light and truth o! grin

Rochas is the more you hear, the less you see..

It will affect the woman he bought corns from, because the towers will act as shades against the sun for her as she roasts her corn.

1 Like

Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Buoyim(m): 10:48pm On Mar 03, 2013
with all due respect to those that deserve it, but i beliv only short sighted fellow scammers will support such an unidealistic govt dat rochas is running, lets talk about his 4th tier govt and how he broke up d civil service to do this, when he could have employed the youth from d 10,000 jobs ting his disgraced predecessor did, plus those workers sacked from abia state, givin free education to university students, when wat we need are good technical schools,scholarships for intelligent and indigent students, i mean there are no jobs for any of the graduates, the only state university is so under funded!!! then to the contracts, where other oil producing states use reliable companies like arab contractors, julius berger, all we see are tired men wearing white singlets and mixing cement.building structures that are absolutely useless..theres no running water, the industrial layout on onitsha road is lying there empty, no new investments, no security of lives, no graduate wants to remain in the state,even corpers are not getting incentives, all i see is him building gates, fencing the govt house, abandoned projects and absolutely no plan for human development...let me stop here before i blow a gasket from all my venting...he just keeps failing like every smooth talking pretender..busy singing his praises on the telly while others are working, go to enugu,bayelsa, ph, uyo, cross rivers,etc...he wants to be president..wat a dreamer!!! grin grin
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by ElCaballa(m): 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
If Rochas says that he is going to convert the Ahajioku centre built by Ohakim to shopping mall,that ll be the height of stupidity of his admin.Seems like he is bent on destroying Ohakim's few legacies.Why convert a monumental building in the middle of nowhere to a shopping mall when there are alot of useless white elephant buildings in town he can convert to shopping mall.When the next governor comes,maybe he ll convert your Ojukwu centre to strip house...and the cycle of stupidity in governance continues.
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 04, 2013
Ejiné:

It will affect the woman he bought corns from, because the towers will act as shades against the sun for her as she roasts her corn grin
Hahahahahahaha. Lwkmd
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by jkross(m): 12:29am On Mar 04, 2013

The guy is to fake..major development like roads that have been complete are within his area of personal interest..he is buying up the state with state fund..he bought over a hotel that was under construction and as I write the road leading to the said hotel is under construction while the ones opened up for grading and asphalt are still lying untouched..the ode is still building hotels Ω̴̩̩̩̥ά hotel we go chop for this state..at the end of the day it all goes back to ROCHE GROUP they run the state now
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by jkross(m): 12:38am On Mar 04, 2013
Ikengawo:
tower fight traffic because all of your needs are within walking distance as opposed to food being across town, your flat being on the other side and your work on the other.
more importantly they help deal with housing, and attract high end business
no offense but even with the number of towers in NYC they still have traffic..so how do you think having just one tower in owerri will fight traffic..LWKMD what bring high end business is hight tech industries and services not towers and hotels..they only bring high end political thieves and ashy.this guy should learn from Akwa ibom,and rivers
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Dibiachukwu: 3:09am On Mar 04, 2013
Ejiné: @Ikengawo's 2nd Post:

I still don't understand why our leaders are dumb enough to want to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the day our cultural land boundaries were disregarded by a melanin-deficient piglet bastaarrd who came to set rules on a land that neither belonged to his bastaarrd father nor his country.
Well said. I wonder if some of these people can use their heads sometimes. Even the independence day charade should be dropped too.
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by hubreality(m): 7:26am On Mar 04, 2013
Onyegecha: My dear, Ikengawo, please get to my level. I still don't understand how the common man will benefit from these bogus projects. Why is it that this government does not consider the needs of the people? I wonder what democracy is all about if it's not about the people.
Not until he start sharing money to the people one by one you'll understand, we even need more of such projects completed. Rochas is working, and I don't expect him to do magic in 2yrs that PDP didn't do for 12yrs either. Time will tell, call it bogus or anything, they're commendable and good for now and in the future.
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by Onyegecha(f): 8:28am On Mar 04, 2013
I never said he is not working. Rochas works. In fact he can be described as hyper-active. However, he is busy chasing shadows most of the time. He goes for rat hunt when the house is on fire. I want anybody to tell me one system that Rochas has improved since he came on board. NONE! The local govt system is comatose, the civil service is in confusion, the traditional institution (town unions et al) is in shambles, Concorde is in trouble, ITC is in chaos, Adapalm is suffering, water board is dead, ENTRACO is sick. The only thing that is working effectively is his propaganda machinery. HE NEEDS TO COOL DOWN AND LEARN TO LISTEN TO ADVICE SO THAT HE CAN MOVE THIS STATE FORWARD, CHIKINA.We all put him there and will want him to succeed but he needs to wake up fast.
Re: Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts by xtianh(m): 9:05am On Mar 04, 2013
Rochas is working while some guys who dnt have enough money to travel to Imo state are complaining... Some of them are waiting for pics why nt travel there and see things for yourself

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Than 400 Private Jets Are Parked At Abuja Airport Now As I Speak. / Calabar Convention Centre Achieves Architectural First For Nigeria / Olisa Metuh Cautions Those Criticising Rev. Fr. Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.