Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,330 members, 7,826,310 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? (26486 Views)

22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat / Five Confirmed Dead After Eating Dog Meat In Rivers / What Do You Use In Eating Yam And Oil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by UnknownMember: 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2013
Dog meat... much ado about nothing..

Killed my dog at age 15 and ate it. Killed another 2 years later and also ate it. Served in Calabar and also ate it.

I prefer goat meat to it anyway. Dog meat has nothing unique about it.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by pillzthadrugz(m): 1:30pm On Mar 14, 2013
Dog meat?......i rather do the #CLIFFORD ORJI thing

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by princeonx: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2013
You want make I throw up the rat meat wey I just eat? Which kind question be this? When dog bite you, you go complain say dog wicked while na chop you dey chop the thing! Smdh!

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2013
yuzedo: Helllllll Noooooooo!!!! Even Cat Meat is sweeter. Who knows Bingo & Puu'ssy Restaurant?? undecided
People de o lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by ManTiger(m): 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2013
Dog is an animal and There is nothing wrong in eating it, we stigmatize because we domesticate and keep it as pet. If i can eat other wild animals like fox, hyena, wild-pig, why can't i eat dog? Only that i must be sure he's in good condition, free from rabies.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2013
Dog meat is great, While I was in Cally City during my days at the great Malabor Republic (UniCal), we were invited to come drink palmy with 'bushmeat' and this meat tasted like no other thing I have ever eaten. I was informed its a special delicacy! We ordered for more and my friend, Precious Gospel and Maddox offloaded the full pot and we drank so much palmy singing into the night. That's when our host inform us that we have consumed the Dog meat that we always so much Criticized. Jesos, I was overjoyed in confusion, and since then, I havent seen a better meat than 404. I even heard it boosts immunity! #DogMeatEater!

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Sweetapple007(f): 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2013
For me i dont see dog meat as meat.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Itoroetti(m): 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2013
ItsModella: A dog is meant to be a man's best friend. Why should we eat them? undecided undecided
according to who?what makes u think ur opinion is rite?dont u see snake becuming sum people's best frnd?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2013
ManTiger: Dog is an animal and There is nothing wrong in eating it, we stigmatize because we domesticate and keep it as pet. If i can eat other wild animals like fox, hyena, wild-pig, why can't i eat dog? Only that i must be sure he's in good condition, free from rabies.

Most people despise it because it is carnivorous !
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by blueeyes1: 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
Meat na meat abeg.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Fhemmmy: 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
I remember my father telling us the stories of how he ate it at ONDO . . . He used to boast that he would never eat dog's meat, but one day went to restaurant with his friends in ONDO State, the friends planned it and they were all served a dog meat, the old man don finish the food and licked his fingers too before he was told he had downloaded pounded yam with dog's (404) meat . . . So knowingly, I will NEVER eat it.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by manny4life(m): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2013
ItsModella: A dog is meant to be a man's best friend. Why should we eat them? undecided undecided

Just like man is man' best friend, but people still eat humans...

I've not eaten it but hey, trying something new wouldn't hurt.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Sweetapple007(f): 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2013
Notting wrong, i just see it as eating a witch meat.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by vivianc(f): 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2013
Kini big deal? I munch dog meat once in a while. I'm not calabar btw. My grandfather said it cures malaria sharp sharp.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
Only Savages Eat Four Legged Animals.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Emyogalanya: 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
Absolutely nothing wrong
* dog peeps on phone sees post and excuses himself out of house * comes out asks abeg una see my dog eh oga he tel us say he get urgent call for villa say make we give u this him resignation letter say him no fit come back come continue to work for ur house again
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
Sweetapple007: Notting wrong, i just see it as eating a witch meat.

Mythologically,that honor goes to vulture.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2013
eyenCalabar: What is actually the problem of eating dog meat? Yesterday, a NL member complained of his American bulldog from South Africa missing and everybody were pointing accusing fingers at Calabar people. I was just laughing as I read through the pages. I couldn't even comment.

Yes, we eat dog but not that type that looks like a human being and very ugly. Let me put you in the light, dog meat is the best meat ever. Just that you have not tasted it before so you'll want to argue with that. People that have knows. It is very delicious and I tell you brothers and sisters, if you've not tasted it before, you are missing big time. You wanna try? Well, when next you visit Calabar, ask anybody to direct you to Atimbo after Navy Barracks. That's where we have the dog meat hotspot. You'll be amaze. You'll see that it's not only a Calabar thing. Even the Abokis we have around, they'll just pack their Mack Truck after a hectic day carrying cement from UNICEM to enjoy with us. We have taught them and now they are enjoying their lives. After eating, the sweetness would just be sparking in their brains and they'll be calling our girls " nyariya" . To crown it all, this is even the secret we always deliver in our "home work" very well. You wanna try me? Just like dog strength in running, so we'll run you ad-infinitum. grin grin grin So stop the stigmatization and jealousy because it won't stop us from enjoying our dog meat anyday anytime.

And am challenging you all beginning from Seun to give yourself a trial today. That Seun that his face is always looking like a 10yr old after taking dog meat, he'll be very bold just as dogs are always very bold. Lolz (just joking o abeg Seun before u'll ban me o). grin Well, to cut the long story short friends, just give yourself a trial and you'll be convinced then confession would follow that dog meat is indeed great. May dogs never run dry in our land.
#ProudDogEater grin grin grin

What dogs think:»»»» "I'm mans best friend"
In actual sense calabar people are betrayers jor! Back stabbers!,...grin
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by ManTiger(m): 1:46pm On Mar 14, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Most people despise it because it is carnivorous !
Carnivorous? Hmmmm, i partly agree cos if you see how Snessy (dog) dey eat eba + ewedu, you go fear fear o.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 14, 2013
vivian chinaza: Kini big deal? I munch dog meat once in a while. I'm not calabar btw. My grandfather said it cures malaria sharp sharp.

Mstcheww if I hear! cry
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

according to who?what makes u think ur opinion is rite?dont u see snake becuming sum people's best frnd?
did I ever say my opinion was right? I asked a question, so why are you getting unnecessarily pained? undecided undecided
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by JhaayYoung: 1:48pm On Mar 14, 2013
No... Not anything.. Dog meat is good meat.. It's lovely..
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 14, 2013
manny4life:

Just like man is man' best friend, but people still eat humans...

I've not eaten it but hey, trying something new wouldn't hurt.
ewwwww!! I just can't...
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 14, 2013
If u can eat dog ,it means u can also eat human being, because dog is man's best friend

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by vivianc(f): 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
carr96:

Mstcheww if I hear! cry

Sharrap there tongue. U be dog? If u were, I wouldn't mind munching u too. grin. I'm all about combating malaria grin
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by viciati(m): 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2013
Always the best meet ever grin.ndo ata ayen ibibio.on ma way to atimbo by ata utop.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Sharrap there tongue. U be dog? If u were, I wouldn't mind munching u too. grin. I'm all about combating malaria grin

LOOOL grin
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by alfredo4u(m): 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2013
wrong ke, i dey eat snake and pig, dog is far beta na.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by yuzedo: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2013
I eats Pus'ssy too...... Pus'ssy cat meat that is! cheesy Cheers! wink
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by manny4life(m): 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2013
ItsModella:
ewwwww!! I just can't...

You can't?

Nne, you have a long way to go in meat diversity grin

Ok tell me what kinds of meats you've eaten? grin
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by morgist(m): 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2013
eyenCalabar: What is actually the problem of eating dog meat? Yesterday, a NL member complained of his American bulldog from South Africa missing and everybody were pointing accusing fingers at Calabar people. I was just laughing as I read through the pages. I couldn't even comment.

Yes, we eat dog but not that type that looks like a human being and very ugly. Let me put you in the light, dog meat is the best meat ever. Just that you have not tasted it before so you'll want to argue with that. People that have knows. It is very delicious and I tell you brothers and sisters, if you've not tasted it before, you are missing big time. You wanna try? Well, when next you visit Calabar, ask anybody to direct you to Atimbo after Navy Barracks. That's where we have the dog meat hotspot. You'll be amaze. You'll see that it's not only a Calabar thing. Even the Abokis we have around, they'll just pack their Mack Truck after a hectic day carrying cement from UNICEM to enjoy with us. We have taught them and now they are enjoying their lives. After eating, the sweetness would just be sparking in their brains and they'll be calling our girls " nyariya" . To crown it all, this is even the secret we always deliver in our "home work" very well. You wanna try me? Just like dog strength in running, so we'll run you ad-infinitum. grin grin grin So stop the stigmatization and jealousy because it won't stop us from enjoying our dog meat anyday anytime.

And am challenging you all beginning from Seun to give yourself a trial today. That Seun that his face is always looking like a 10yr old after taking dog meat, he'll be very bold just as dogs are always very bold. Lolz (just joking o abeg Seun before u'll ban me o). grin Well, to cut the long story short friends, just give yourself a trial and you'll be convinced then confession would follow that dog meat is indeed great. May dogs never run dry in our land.

#ProudDogEater grin grin grin

OLODO...

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? by ITbomb(m): 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2013
If people could pay transport from Lagos to Calabar just to eat dog meat, then you know it is serious matter.
and I no know wetin dem use, dog meat prepared in calabar is different from anywhere else.
Any Igbo or Yoruba man that enter Calabar carnival, first thing e go ask for is dog meat and if you mistakenly eat am first time, your entire view about dog meat will change forever.
But dont you ever go near where they are killing it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) / Five Confirmed Dead After Eating Dog Meat In Rivers / Food To Avoid On A First Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.