Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) (25347 Views)

Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) / Fashola Visits Niger State In Traditional Attire (photos) / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by hercules07: 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

Leave that woman...make she dey run her mouth...na so she be.

O ya mi lenu gan ni, they always say Yorubas are dirty, we are now doing something about the dirt being introduced by their people and they are still shouting.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
hercules07:

The complex where my office is situated also generates a lot of money for the state government yet, we do not wait for Fashola before keeping the environment tidy, the two sides are not blameless but the traders are filthy people and the market should be shut down, restructured and an arrangement between the market and the LAWMA should be ironed out, I am even more concerned about the fake spare parts sold there, that should be next item to be thrashed out.

According to the logic of our friends here ...you are completely wrong doing such.....just dump your waste any where and any how since you pay your taxes and levies...the govt must tidy up the place.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

Old age related thinking is really at work on you Dende....

How would a planned city that intends to keep filthy people like you at bay be turned to an eyesore?

Your ilk will only see the EAC from afar...

When I wrote you are an ill-educated jackass, I meant every word and it shows. Only miscreants such you think that act of planning or planned city is limited to ill conceived idea of journalistic extravaganza put up by Fashola on Eko Atlantic City. It is unfortunate that even your useless opinions usually go through thought process. I guess you understand what thought process is about, olodo.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1:

When I wrote you are an ill-educated jackass, I meant every word and it shows. Only miscreants such you think that act of planning or planned city is limited to ill conceived idea of journalistic extravaganza put up by Fashola on Eko Atlantic City. It is unfortunate that even your useless opinions usually go through thought process. I guess you understand what thought process is about, olodo.

As usual you leave the thread essence and engage in unnecessary diatribe ...keep deluding yourself that any one take you serious on this forum...even your umu Igbo don't find you worthy as a revered elder on NL... grin

Your epistle up there is your typical and usual no substance balderdash.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Krucifax(m): 3:47pm On Mar 04, 2013
PointB: Clearing of waste is best done by professionals not by the traders. LASG (Fashola) should clean up the dirt and charge the traders for the service and stop drawing unnecessary attention to his own (LASG) failures. If these guys undertake the business of clearing the waste like they did for security, who knows what charges would be leveled against them.

shocked Wow at last someone with sense on Nairaland. If i could i'd buy you a beer buddy! wink
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Chynx(m): 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
And some people are complaining of closure? This is a joke! Just have a look at the environment! All it portrays is nothing short of a dust bin. This place is not fit for human habitation and it should be so closed until the traders come to their senses.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Obiora4life: 4:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
Chynx: And some people are complaining of closure? This is a joke! Just have a look at the environment! All it portrays is nothing short of a dust bin. This place is not fit for human habitation and it should be so closed until the traders come to their senses.

More like the govt comes to their sense, traders in open markets in most places I know off don't clean their own market, the city govt do. I can't even imagine how traders can buy and sell in such a nasty place.. tufia,
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 4:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

According to the logic of our friends here ...you are completely wrong doing such.....just dump your waste any where and any how since you pay your taxes and levies...the govt must tidy up the place.

I am not surprised that a fellow with your intellect will embrace such ridiculous and warps analogy by hercules07. A third grader will easily discern that a complex or company owned by individual is on a different plateau with an open market square owned and operated by Local Government Area in Lagos State.

There is clause that says the owner of the certain entity has certain responsibilities and it is not limited to collection of rents and other levies, olodo.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1:

I am not surprised that a fellow with your intellect will embrace such ridiculous and warps analogy by hercules07. A third grader will easily discern the a complex owned by individual or company is on a different plateau with open market square owned and operated by Local Government Area in Lagos State.

There is clause that says the owner of the certain entity has certain responsibilities and it is limited to collection of rents and other levies, olodo.

Dende..will you keep shut for once and listen to yourself?

I guess care-free attitude like yours can only find home with people like you. You come here to open your mouth to shout about how dirty and un-habitable Lagos has become due mainly to the unbridled influx of Ibos into Lagos on hourly basis without a care for the environment they reside and do business and now you expect them to be subjected to a different standard on environmental issues?

You are just pathetic !!

If Lagos is getting too hot for these people in Ladipo and elsewhere..let them relocate to your beautiful Alaigbo for goodness sake!

You want to be treated differently and subjected to a different environmental standards because you earn billions on daily basis? undecided

Foolish people

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 4:27pm On Mar 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

Dende..will you keep shut for once and listen to yourself?

I guess care-free attitude like yours can only find home with people like you. You come here to open your mouth to shout about how dirty and un-habitable Lagos has become due mainly to the unbridled influx of Ibos into Lagos on hourly basis without a care for the environment they reside and do business and now you expect them to be subjected to a different standard on environmental issues?

You are just pathetic !!

If Lagos is getting too hot for these people in Ladipo and elsewhere..let them relocate to your beautiful Alaigbo for goodness sake!

You want to be treated differently and subjected to a different environmental standards because you earn billions on daily basis? undecided

Foolish people

Illegitimate olodo

Boy, will you comport yourself to learn for a change? Market Square is not a complex of offices or manufacturing companies probably owned or operated by certain individuals. Again, it is sole responsibility of the Local Government Council to provide and manage environmental services required at Ladipo Market. Fashola is acting like a typical Yoruba peep on the corridor of power.

You are worse than being pathetic. From your warps stream of thoughts, Ndigbo do not own so-called complexes and companies in Lagos State.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:29pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1:

Illegitimate olodo

Boy, will you comport yourself to learn for a change? Market Square is not a complex of offices or manufacturing companies probably owned or operated by certain individuals. Again, it is sole responsibility of the Local Government Council to provide and manage environmental services required at Ladipo Market. Fashola is acting like a typical Yoruba on the corridor of power.

Are you absolving the Traders of any responsibility in this matter or what?!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by babapupa: 4:29pm On Mar 04, 2013
Badcoin: Whose responsibilities is it to dispose after you clean? This is where the government is failing mightily.

You can not dispose off before cleaning, you clean first, then you either hire private trash disposal people or set up pick up service with LAWMA.

...but you frst have to clean up your filthy place of business which is not the government's job to do, that's your job. These are adults and they don't need the government to tell them to clean their shops, it's personal hygiene common sense.

Other issues to deal with before the place is opened included no more blocking the canals with trash, no more armed groups, weapons and criminal elements in and around the market.

Cleanliness in places of business in sane and orderly society is the norm and standard, but Nigerians are used to dirtiness and they lack personal responsibility now you have the government stepping in like your parents telling you to clean your room.

Nigerians are unruly animals and they need strong hands and tactics to wrestle them away from their bad and dirty ways of doing things. What a shame.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by seguno2: 4:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1:

I am not surprised that a fellow with your intellect will embrace such ridiculous and warps analogy by hercules07. A third grader will easily discern that a complex or company owned by individual is on a different plateau with an open market square owned and operated by Local Government Area in Lagos State.

There is clause that says the owner of the certain entity has certain responsibilities and it is not limited to collection of rents and other levies, olodo.

I thought someone from the UK already explained this to him and others on this same thread.
Why is that so difficult to understand
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by romanlaw(m): 4:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
hahahahaha!!!!! I CANT STOP LAUGHING AT YORUBAS USING THIS AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO CLAIM CLEANINESS ABI NEATNESS..............EVEN A DEAD MAN KNOWS THAT YORUBAS ARE DIRTY BY NATURE MORE THAN ANY OTHER TRIBE IN AFRICA.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1:

Illegitimate olodo

Boy, will you comport yourself to learn for a change? Market Square is not a complex of offices or manufacturing companies probably owned or operated by certain individuals. Again, it is sole responsibility of the Local Government Council to provide and manage environmental services required at Ladipo Market. Fashola is acting like a typical Yoruba peep on the corridor of power.

Dendefool....that is it! you are irredeemable, you've lost it here.

As long as they do business there..they owe it as a Primary duty of care to cater for the environmental well being of their location and don't need to wait for the govt to wipe them into line on such issue..

Am not going to help you out any longer...

You are just too stubborn like a typical Okoro man.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

Are you absolving the Traders of any responsibility in this matter or what?!

There is not an issue of absolving party and indicting another, It is issue of shared responsibilities. If the Local Government that owned and operated the Ladipo Market did not provide the amenities to cater for the environmental eyesore everybody knows such entity like Ladipo will generate, it is humanly and morally wrong for the Fashola government of Lagos State to treat the traders as culprits in this matter. What has the Lagos State government of Fashola done to solve the environmental problems of Ladipo Market?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by babapupa: 4:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1:

There is not an issue of absolving party and indicting another, It is issue of shared responsibilities. If the Local Government that owned and operated the Ladipo Market did not provide the amenities to cater for the environmental eyesore everybody knows such entity like Ladipo will generate, it is humanly and morally wrong for the Fashola government of Lagos State to treat the traders as culprits in this matter. What has the Lagos State government of Fashola done to solve the environmental problems of Ladipo Market?

Exactly what amenities are you talking about or would like the state to provide before you clean up your place of business? Like brooms to sweep with?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 4:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

Dendefool....that is it! you are irredeemable, you've lost it here.

As long as they do business there..they owe it as a Primary duty of care to cater for the environmental well being of their location and don't need to wait for the govt to wipe them into line on such issue..

Am not going to help you out any longer...

You are just too stubborn like a typical Okoro man.

Illegitimate Olodo

It is unfortunate you have sworn not to learn. I have been around many market square in Yoruba land and never met a market square where traders, after the day’s activities, locked up the stalls and were expected to sweep and clean the market square. The Local Government Council staffs take care of sweeping and cleaning the market after a day’s activities.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by babapupa: 4:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
At this instance, Bello said the state government ordered the closure of Ladipo Market after several meetings and warnings with the market leadership and traders about the deteriorating state of the market.

He added that the environment "is seriously polluted and degraded with oil; surrounding canals are dumped with full and half engines spare parts and human waste, while illegal structures were built along drainage path and all the canal setbacks have been turned to shops and trading points.
[b]
"A visit to the place shows street traders have taken over the inlet and outlet to the market. Residents petitioned the state government about lack of access to their homes and property. These traders have degraded all the major access roads to the market which needs remediation rehabilitation," he stressed.

Bello, however, gave some of the conditions, which the commissioners explained, might warrant re-opening of the market included: complete removal of all illegal structures and attached structures built along canal paths and that traders must be confined to the main markets.

He said under no condition must they trade or solicit for customers on the main road, they "must remove all shops attachments built round the market/canals, remove all derelict and abandoned vehicles packed within the market as far as the expressway, remediate all forms of degradation on the roads and market area, sort out waste management issues with LAWMA as they cannot continue to dump into the canals, ensure total cleaning of the entire market and adjoining streets which they have degraded, among others."[/b]
http://allafrica.com/stories/201302260102.html
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by babapupa: 4:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
At this instance, Bello said the state government ordered the closure of Ladipo Market after several meetings and warnings with the market leadership and traders about the deteriorating state of the market.

^^^^^

The key factor...
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1:

Illegitimate Olodo

It is unfortunate you have sworn not to learn. I have been around many market square in Yoruba land and never met a market square where traders, after the day’s activities, locked up the stalls and were expected to sweep and clean the market square. The Local Government Council staffs take care of sweeping and cleaning the market after a day’s activities.

If I say you are a deceitful person...I won't be far from the truth.

Why are you shifting the goal post...you are fond of so much subtle mischief..

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
babapupa:

Exactly what amenities are you talking about or would like the state to provide before you clean up your place of business? Like brooms to sweep with?

The above post shows you have no business in this discussion. What is broom and sweeping got to do with a market such as Ladipo Market?
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

If I say you are a deceitful person...I won't be far from the truth.

Why are you shifting the goal post...you are fond of so much subtle mischief..

I had thought simple first grader analogy will attempt to remove the tribal scales that seemed to blur you stream of thought.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by babapupa: 5:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1:

The above post shows you have no business in this discussion. What is broom and sweeping got to do with a market such as Ladipo Market?

Because I didn't know exactly what the state must do or provide as you suggested before the traders clean up their place of business.

So please tell us what the state failed to do that prevented the traders from keeping their market clean.

Thanks in advance
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by dayokanu(m): 5:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1: I shall get to Dayolodo when I am done with drilling you-illegitimate boy.

Dendemoron Kedu maka ahia?
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1:

I had thought simple first grader analogy will attempt to remove the tribal scales that seemed to blur you stream of thought.

Your warped analogy that essentially proves zilch? grin

Dende..either your old-age drugs had expired or your brothers sold fake drugs to you. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2013

[img]http://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsQwUtRu1HJcMcwuWhi5eU543eGq_b3t-wzH_pbaFYakjd7Vjf[/img]

This is what we need. Responsible local govt. Expecting TRADERS to do this job is absolute madness.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by babapupa: 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2013
^^^^^ Don't derail the thread with your pointless internet pictures please..
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 5:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

Your warped analogy that essentially proves zilch? grin

Dende..either your old-age drugs had expired or your brothers sold fake drugs to you. cheesy grin

Illegitimate olodo

Even your psychiatric mate, ROSSIKE, has shown an educated plank on this discussion. Please borrow a clue from him.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
babapupa: ^^^^^ Don't derail the thread with your pointless internet pictures please..

How will it not be pointless to a backward thinking person like you that expects traders to ''pick up their brooms and sweep the market''.

Bush man.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
babapupa: ^^^^^ Don't derail the thread with your pointless internet pictures please..

Did I not inform you the issue of Ladipo Market does not predicate on broom and sweeping, olodo?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by occam(m): 5:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
PointB: Besides, is there no Environmental Protection/Sanitation Agency in the state (Lagos)? What exactly is their job description?

Wouldn't they have been well served doing their own bit to keep the market and other environment clean. Why do Nigerians panders to tribalism in very basic things? Most of the clowns posting here are busy shouting 'Igbo!, Igbo!!' when common sense suggests that sanitation agency failed woefully to do their job. And what is being exposed here is the failure of Fashola Government to do it's duty. A government that pockets tax and shirks on it responsibility, is as bad could be. Why take out your failure on the citizen? Government have an ingenious way of blaming their failures on the citizen. Fashola's is one example of this type of government.

In closing Ladipo Market, the government has admitted that the agencies responsible for sanitation is lacking in ideas, and or tools to do what is necessary to do their jobs. Close one thousand markets if you like, without putting the necessary tools in place, the dirt will return as soon as the markets are open. Take a look at Oshodi and see what has become of the place. There is something fundamentally wrong in the way LASG government go about closing markets and demolishing buildings. Paucity of ideas is a common denominator in these plethora of Fashola's misadventure, he is losing it by the day!

That place looks like hell hole and must remain shut for the foreseeable future.

Yes, Fashola must investigate what went wrong with his environmental agency. We all know Nigerian govt agencies - Customs, Education, Health etc are a cesspit of corruption that never get shyte done. It's not unique to Lagos; we see this with all states and federal agencies.

That said, inaction by citizens is not an option. These traders should have ensured the place remained clean regardless of ineptitude of the Sanitation agency. Levy members, and let commissioner or governor know what they are doing to keep their environment clean. They didn't do that. In typical Nigerian fashion they conduct business their everyday and can’t be bothered to keep it clean and safe

Now they are paying the price and they must. This has nothing to do with tribalism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku $1 Million, Dubai House Gift To Adamawa REC – INEC Releases Statement / Adanma Okpara Dies At 96 (Pictures) / Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.