Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood (6707 Views)

EFCC Uncovers Another N3bn Stolen Arms Deal!!! / FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries / Confab: FG Sets Up Presidential Committee On Implementation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Legalplayerz: 3:09pm On Mar 04, 2013
I wish one Senator can just come and embezzle this N3B, I swear I will not curse him.
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
I don’t think it’s a completely bad idea, strangely enough as long as the money is used well and this does not happen again. The influence of Nigerian celebrities is growing in
Africa and I’m hoping they will act as good ambassadors and advocates for change and social justice in the country. If this money is used like it should be perhaps eventually Nollywood will improve in quality with the sole support of the private sector instead of public funding. Then again it may just be that it may end up being a bribe to support PDP in 2015 sad sad. I pray that’s not the case sad.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by boron10(m): 3:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
3 Billion? shocked choi! Tonto Dike for President

2 Likes

Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by informatix: 3:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
Omotola 1bn,Tonto dike 1bn and akin/popo 1bn.
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2013
Wonderful support but long overdue. Up GEJ 2015. Haters shall die!

1 Like

Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Orikinla(m): 3:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
[size=28pt]N3B NOLLYWOOD 2015 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN BUDGET.[/size] grin
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Orikinla(m): 3:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
[size=18pt]Since the history of Hollywood, at no time did the practitioners go cap in hand to beg the President of the U.S.A for money.
The most successful Nigerian filmmakers making waves in the US and Europe like Andrew Dosunmu and Newton Aduaka don't go begging any state governor or President for money to make their movies.

Making one good movie is enough to finance the next one.[/size]
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by gerald09(m): 3:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
The problem aint about jonna bringing the money, it about who getz it. Usually dey give it to people dat have no idea on how to improve the industry, it will eventually be wasted by nollywood know it all den dey will turn around and blame South africa for it like my oga EMEKA IKE did.
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Policewoman(f): 3:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
PointB:

Well articulated.

The folks usually quick to condemn well targeted government policy are those who wish to see the president fail, to satisfy their preconceived notion. They are the 'retardeen choir' a bunch of hopeless no-gooders
Mostly ofemmanus.

2 Likes

Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by gerald09(m): 3:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]Since the history of Hollywood, at no time did the practitioners go cap in hand to beg the President of the U.S.A for money.
The most successful Nigerian filmmakers making waves in the US and Europe like Andrew Dosunmu and Newton Aduaka don't go begging any state governor or President for money to make their movies.

Making one good movie is enough to finance the next one.[/size]

Thank you sir, Nollywood don't hav problem of money, they hav problem with initiative, innovation, change and anything that will make them loose moni even if it .50k. I hav being opportune to site down with few folk in d industry and only a hand full hav plans for a new nollywood but u neva hear dem complain about moni from d govt, all dey want Is for the govt to place rules on piracy, and place sanity in d industry where actors and producers are bound by contract dat has to be kept.
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by jeezybuck: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
Johnathann ooooooooooooo, Few days back you were celebrating nonsense with 'em Hollywood guys, Today you are giving out 3BN and am here dying of hunger. God is really watching you through a panoramic view.
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by sholasys: 4:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
What!!!!!, which Nollywood? that crap they use to show us ? OMG!!!
Cant we used that amount of money to establish a state-of-the-heart Hospital with modern well equipped facilities that can make the whole west africa to comes for Medical treatment in Nigeria. This will go far far far better that Nollysh!!!!t OBJ was right
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by chynasaz(f): 4:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
Ndi nollywood neediri ego ah, apart frm d so called politics anyi ma na GEJ na emeh, they really nid, if nt for anything at least for hospital bills wen dy fall sick
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by ConcernMan: 5:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
dayokanu: 3billion for Nollywood

Another Retardeen spending

sometimes I wonder the level of intelligence and exposure of some people in this forum like a pig and slowpoke like you. I need to remind you that during the ugly economic recession in 2008 in American, The Holywood was one of the driving force of the American economy. It was as solid as a rock despite the economic odds. Don't you think that there is need for Nigeria to record serious breakthrough in the movie industry just as they have done in the music industry. The movie industry is a billion dollar industry waiting for the right investment to make it viable.
Stop condemning slavishly and try to reason for once with your brain

3 Likes

Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Ayoobscom(m): 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2013
I'm sure he had shoes just never knew how to put them on

1 Like

Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Bozz: 5:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
I love the Akpabio swag cool
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by AZeD1(m): 5:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
All those shouting good idea, how many of you will buy a nollywood film for 1k? If you think money is the problem with nollywood, then you are really clueless.
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by AZeD1(m): 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
ConcernMan:

sometimes I wonder the level of intelligence and exposure of some people in this forum like a pig and slowpoke like you. I need to remind you that during the ugly economic recession in 2008 in American, The Holywood was one of the driving force of the American economy. It was as solid as a rock despite the economic odds. Don't you think that there is need for Nigeria to record serious breakthrough in the movie industry just as they have done in the music industry. The movie industry is a billion dollar industry waiting for the right investment to make it viable.
Stop condemning slavishly and try to reason for once with your brain
Was it FG funds that were used to "develop" the music industry?
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
seanet02: Go and first of all stop piracy by your ibos brothers at Alaba market before engaging me in an conversation you knew nada about.
future areaboy, its A CONVERSATION not AN CONVERSATION. And you are a graduate. SMH
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by 2CatWoman: 6:09pm On Mar 04, 2013
Private business should not need government money. Why can't he put the N3B towards fixing the roads.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Ngwakwe: 6:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
Which Nollywood is the grant for?

Why is South Westerners tribalizing the industry with Yoruba Nolly

Do we have Hausa Nollywood and Igbo Nollywood?
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by miky(m): 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
seanet02: This is called wastage

these are the same idiots who would call GEJ an idiot if they see some Nigerian whose talent isn't being supported...

1 Like

Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Igwe9(m): 8:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
Let put it like this, those in Nollywood that have the money do not have the creativity to produce that wonderful movie y"all crave for and those that have the brain do not have the money, so, the fund is for the second category since it can only be made available to you upon critical examination of your movie project.
As per the issue of piracy, na where person dey eat e dey protect. The union should use their task force effectively.
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
Seriously, if our govt doesnt want to build infrastructures and such tnz in d country, I prefer if possible, that d it squanders money on dose hardworking ppl really making d nation proud- those in Sports, Music, Nollywood; ppl like innoson,etc; to using it to host Beyonce, or building a house for first lady.

And all dose tribalists hating, nobody even has ur time.
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
informatix: Omotola 1bn,Tonto dike 1bn and akin/popo 1bn.
LMAO grin grin

@topic: I think govt aid will be immensely beneficial to Nollywood, in terms of improving the production quality of movies.
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by koruji(m): 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2013
I asserted nothing! Everything I said were based on fact with references.

Surely, even you, must see the irony of "setting" up two special funds for Nollywood within two years. Are you saying the first N3 billion has all been used up or enough for one movie? Where is the account?

I hope GEJ realizes that his synchophants and distributors will not follow him to prison when the true tale of all these pilfering is told!!!

taharqa: Assert only what you are sure of, esp in public; dats what wise people do... The $200m Loan facility promisd by GEJ in 2011 and domiciled in d BOI, took sm time b4 taking off, but has since taking off. Business persons from d Entertainment Industry are already drawing from d Facility. The so-calld 'first' Nollywood film that was distributd recently on American Cinamas was supportd by dis Entertainment Fund, sometin that Mr Abu (the Producer) stated expressly. That thread was on d frontpage a little more than a week ago.... That Entertainment Fund is working; dis Nollywood Grant Fund will work. Why? Cos GEJ keeps his promise (YOUWin, SURE-P, et al )
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by koruji(m): 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2013
You are missing the point.
Nollywood is going to get very little of that money.
It is not GEJ's money to give without any accounts.

ngozievergreen: Seriously, if our govt doesnt want to build infrastructures and such tnz in d country, I prefer if possible, that d it squanders money on dose hardworking ppl really making d nation proud- those in Sports, Music, Nollywood; ppl like innoson,etc; to using it to host Beyonce, or building a house for first lady.

And all dose tribalists hating, nobody even has ur time.
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by koruji(m): 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
Oro ti ye e grin grin grin
GEJ enjoys hiding behind one finger.

Orikinla: [size=28pt]N3B NOLLYWOOD 2015 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN BUDGET.[/size]
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by aljharem(m): 9:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
I don't even know what to say
Re: FG Sets-up N3bn Fund For Nollywood by loswhite(m): 10:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
petsam11:

What do you mean by wastage? If he (President) will release the money to them and it enters good hands for better management/utilization. I see nothing like wastage...Nollywood is very capable of employing the unemployed, generating revenue and so on... WHAT I KNOW IS THAT, WITH VERY GOOD FUNDING, NOLLYWOOD CAN GET TO THE LEVEL OF HOLLYWOOD IF NOT BETTER... Because when there is much funding, there will be great competition amongst actors/actresses, directors, producers, infact all the departments in the movie industry... And from there you will see massive development...
is it Us government dat is funding Hollywood ? Pls government cannot fund nollywood. Wat they can do is to put laws in place dat will encourage investors

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gmb Rebranded!!!!!!! (Pics) / Dakuku Peterside Of APC Winning Rivers State Governorship Rerun / All PDP Governors Solidly Behind Atiku, Says Okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.